Prepping for the 2014 Treasure Map thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 77 Old 03-30-2014, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I went on a crazy cleaning rampage last night :lol  Well...crazy for me. I actually cleaned out part of the freezer "floor", where, you know, the freezer yuck builds up and I just keep putting stuff in there anyway? Well, I didn't. I cleaned it. And the strip on the top of the fridge door, where the "weatherstripping" gets yuck in between. I cleaned there, too, and swept and mopped the galley kitchen floor. I hate floors. Did other things, too, but forgot what. Cleaned the stovetop. And the very back top of the stove, did that too.

I had severe dizzy spells all night long starting around 1:30am. I never get dizzy so this is pretty alarming for me. I sleep on my sides, and every time I turned over, I'd be fine for a few seconds and then VERY, very dizzy. Even with my eyes closed. I didn't sleep well, needless to say. I took two Kava Kava pills last night and only one is a serving-- I wonder could that be the culprit? Anyway, it's rainy and fugly out there today. I'm going to lay low and then at 2:30 or so, I hope to go out and buy some new supplies. Happy mapping, y'all!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#62 of 77 Old 03-30-2014, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Okay, gals....I will put up an official 2014 Treasure Map thread once the new moon starts.  I am meeting family around the time it starts so give me a couple hours to get home.  But I will put it up. 

In the mean time you have a few more hours to release.  

I'm writing up a few things that I DON'T want to take in the new year.

I'm writing it down and then burning it before new moon starts. 

see you in New Moon.

hugs

Tracy

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#63 of 77 Old 03-30-2014, 09:29 AM

I like the idea of writing and burning what I don't want. I finished the big cleaning and purging. Kitchen could still use some work and I have laundry to fold (who doesn't)? I'm taking a bath now to release and relax and cleanse.

hh2.gif

#64 of 77 Old 03-30-2014, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

I just burned and it felt GREAT.

Here is an example:

"I release all crazy people who overly influence my time, my day, my emotions, my life."  

"I release twenty pounds of extra weight that keep me from my good."

you get the drift. 

#65 of 77 Old 03-30-2014, 10:51 AM

I'm just writing 1-3 words. I think I'm going to form some of them into really specific sentences.

hh2.gif

#66 of 77 Old 03-30-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post

"I release all crazy people who overly influence my time, my day, my emotions, my life."  

Stealing that! :wink

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#67 of 77 Old 03-30-2014, 11:33 AM

I did too! It took a lot of effort to get my paper to burn. A few pieces just wouldn't go!

hh2.gif

#68 of 77 Old 03-30-2014, 12:26 PM

House is in good shape, cleared out and cleaned up, windows open, most things washed and smudged the whole house with sage. Released by burning a list with my husband (also had some issues keeping it burning - resistance?!?) then let the rain wash the ashes away. Funny enough, it had been raining and dreary all day, but its not raining anymore and the sun is out! Showered and released. Starting my map...

Is the strength the same for these first three days? Then wanes a little?  

Enjoy, everyone! :)  

#69 of 77 Old 03-30-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

I went on a crazy cleaning rampage last night :lol  Well...crazy for me. I actually cleaned out part of the freezer "floor", where, you know, the freezer yuck builds up and I just keep putting stuff in there anyway? Well, I didn't. I cleaned it. And the strip on the top of the fridge door, where the "weatherstripping" gets yuck in between. I cleaned there, too, and swept and mopped the galley kitchen floor. I hate floors. Did other things, too, but forgot what. Cleaned the stovetop. And the very back top of the stove, did that too.

I had severe dizzy spells all night long starting around 1:30am. I never get dizzy so this is pretty alarming for me. I sleep on my sides, and every time I turned over, I'd be fine for a few seconds and then VERY, very dizzy. Even with my eyes closed. I didn't sleep well, needless to say. I took two Kava Kava pills last night and only one is a serving-- I wonder could that be the culprit? Anyway, it's rainy and fugly out there today. I'm going to lay low and then at 2:30 or so, I hope to go out and buy some new supplies. Happy mapping, y'all!

That dizziness might be something for a chiropractor! Sounds like the same that my husband had last year. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benign_paroxysmal_positional_vertigo

#70 of 77 Old 03-30-2014, 01:56 PM

I'm in the brainstorming phase with oodles of ideas flowing all around me! So exciting and fun!!!!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#71 of 77 Old 03-31-2014, 02:40 AM

Although I could begin TMing now, would it still be effective/advisable to continue to declutter/purge that I wasn't able to sort through?  Excited and nervous

#72 of 77 Old 03-31-2014, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hi All,

Thank you to Gumblossom for bringing me here with the link! I lurked last year and made a TM, but hadn't been tracking time very well and didn't realize it was time for the 2014 TM!

I just got caught up on this thread, thank you all for so many great ideas! Tracy, thank you for providing the specifics on the timing. I was worried that I'd missed it, but I see now that I can still make this happen. I can't do much with this today, because I'm on a very hairy work deadline. But the funny thing is... yesterday on 3/30 I went nuts purging and cleaning in my house! Even though I didn't realize it, perhaps the energy was pulling me in that direction??

So about last year's map... I started one on Pinterest but ended up never looking at it. I did make a paper-based one that I really fell in love with. I'm still in love with it. But, not much of it has really materialized for me. I did end up needing to hide it in my bedroom closet to keep it secret, but I took it out and looked at it frequently. Like Gumblossom and one other member on here (sorry, can't find the post/name now!), I am hoping for a baby. Last year's TM was really focused on that. I had images of pregnant bellies, babies breastfeeding, a pregnant couple embracing, etc. No head shots (of the adults), only bodies. I also had lots of images of eggs in nests and feathers. So here's the odd thing... last year, eggs and feathers kept turning up in my life, just absolutely everywhere. For example, a new company opened in my area called "Good Eggs" and I kept seeing their ads everywhere. I also started seeing a truck on the road that said "The Golden Egg Company" on it. And feathers are following me everywhere. They literally just show up... in my car, on my desk, in the street. I did get pregnant, but had a miscarriage. There was also stuff about letting go of fear and building community, and I think two things did begin to materialize for me.

So, any thoughts about how I can tweak this year's TM to help with the continuing baby desire? This year, I would also like to add in some other things... to buy a house, for my husband to be able to start his own business, for us to have some financial security, for my daughter to blossom, for some of my own creative pursuits to happen. And... can I include my parents on this? They could use some help. :)

TIA for any ideas!

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#73 of 77 Old 03-31-2014, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

I think you might want to get real specific for baby stuff.  Photo of a baby. 

perhaps go to a store and buy a "Congratulations on the birth" card then glue to board.

write your name and your husband's name...make it like it is really being sent to you--then sign it Love The Universe or God...etc. 

kwim?

t

#74 of 77 Old 04-01-2014, 04:10 PM

Hi Litmama,

Like you I am always wanting ideas on how to get that desire to manifest. This year I didn't focus too much on the actual baby - I have three lines of word: "very fertile", "conceive well" and "help through my pregnancy" then and image of a pregnant woman (I do have her face on it - not mine - is that a problem??) and an image of a baby breastfeeding. I also have the words "happy and harmonious family" and a beautiful quote from a magazine about "living the dream".

Anyway, I don't know if I am much help, because although I seem to get knocked up in each of the TM's, I can't manage to keep the baby. Maybe this will be our year. I know it is a powerful one.

I've done my TM and I'll pop it on the TM thread when I get a chance.

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#75 of 77 Old 04-03-2014, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Maybe a picture of a woman holding a newborn baby, right next to pregnant woman... and write something 'Amazing labor experience'.. and / or  maybe a breastfeeding picture :) 

nerdy mom to DD1 7yo, D2 infant
#76 of 77 Old 04-07-2014, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Thank you, Tracy, Gumblossom and Shakti! Great ideas!

I did have beautiful images of pregnant bellies, newborn babies and breastfeeding, but my feeling is they maybe weren't specific enough to me (as you said, Gumblossom). So I love the idea of the congratulations card from the Universe, Tracy. Shakti, I love the idea of adding "amazing labor experience" or something similar, that seems to have a nice specificity to it (and is pointing in the right direction of a full-term pregnancy). Gumblossom, I really look forward to seeing your TM when you get a chance to upload it! I have the same problem you do with getting knocked up just fine, but not being able to carry. I'm glad this is a powerful year, perhaps our TMs can capture some of that energy and bring good things our way.

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#77 of 77 Old 04-07-2014, 03:19 PM

Hi Litmama, I have posted it inthe official TM thread here: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1399719/the-official-2014-treasure-map/20#post_17604575

It's not a great photo, but will show you basically what I've done. Have you started yours?.

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page