Prepping for the 2014 Treasure Map thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 77 Old 01-13-2014, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, Everybody.

The 2014 Treasure Map will be on March 30 2:48pm Eastern Time.  

Which is about 2.5 months from now.  Sorry I didn't get his up on January 1.  But holidays were really buggy.  

Anyway,  as we all know, we take that time (Aries New Moon)  to make a Treasure Map, a collage of all the things we want for the new year. Yes, the new year starts in Spring not January.

Anyway, between now and then we take time to clear out clutter and junk. We get rid of stuff that is no longer working in our lives. This includes tangible stuff and non tangible like 'beliefs' "opinions" 'styles" .

We start to clear space so that by the time we get to March 30  we'll be ready to set our course for our future.

I just reminded everyone on the 2013 Treasure Map thread that we are in the last quarter for the 2013 Map.  I am confident many of you have gotten results.  I also know some of you have had some little stuff but not big stuff.  

And of course some of you are probably a bit disheartened because it looks like you have not had anything from your map emerge.    

Do NOT be down.   

The truth is that the last Aries New Moon in April (2013) we had an aspect with Mars that was influencing the whole cycle.  I mentioned back then that Mars is a warrior and takes no hostages.  One has to have a strong gut to let Mars make changes.  And not everyone is up for it.   For example if you want better communication and more love in your relationship but you are still doing the same thing over and over again, why would it be different?  Treasure Map or not.   Especially with Mars influencing the map.   It may mean doing something very brave, perhaps cutting someone out of your life.  Or behaving radically different with a love one.   Like I said Mars does not take hostages. If you want big changes in your life you got to do big work.     

it is important to mention that between now and March we are going to have a buttload of astrological aspects and actually the month of April has got even more big changes.   I have a feeling some charts are waiting for these aspects to roll out before the map gets a big boost.   I know I can feel it in my own map.  

Anyway, take this time between now and March 30 to clear out your lives.   Get Lean.  Not just your body (Like I should talk ???)  but just lean in general.  Do you need that scarf?  That old towel?  That broken TV?  That opinion?  That friendship?  That job?   Lots for all of us to process.  

MrsMike likes this.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 77 Old 01-21-2014, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thanks, Tracy.   

I have signed up for something helpful in my inbox, a 52 week organizing challenge that is helping me to get working now and also taking pressure off for having to do EVERYTHING in the lead up to TM time.  I'll be sure to have everything CLEANED during that spring cleaning, but following this schedule makes good sense for me for the organization part.  The 1st three weeks have all been in the kitchen, clearing counters, cabinets and drawers, and now the pantry and food storage.  I spontaneously (thanks to that email) cleaned my pantry today,  although I have seriously wanted to put order to my jumbled pantry since Virgo cycle fall 2013 but hadn't found time!  YAY for NOW It's done (except for the bottom spices shelf which I'm going to go do now).  

Oh, here's that link. Organized home challenge

Mama to 3 boys 

#3 of 77 Old 01-22-2014, 05:11 PM

SO excited! For clearing out and creating the 2014 Treasure Map! :love

#4 of 77 Old 01-23-2014, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My 2012 map brought me a ton of great changes! My 2013 map has been slow going.. I still have hope for the last bit here for some things to sort themselves out.

Gosh, de-clutter yes. I use this as my big push to finish projects and clean up spots in the house that tend to collect stuff. Nothing like a real spring cleaning. It's good for body and soul.joy.gif
#5 of 77 Old 01-24-2014, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

I got a big thing on my 2013 map. Our new home.

So glad about that.  There are still other things on my map..more personal, weight loss, great health, writing projects that are a little slower to emerge but I can feel deep roots attaching on these other things. It might take awhile to bloom and it may cross over into 2014 map but I am aware the roots are in... 

#6 of 77 Old 01-25-2014, 11:54 AM

Mama to 3 boys 

#7 of 77 Old 02-12-2014, 11:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Subbing.

I think this is the first map I've done that doesn't feel nearing completion yet, although I do feel done with it. I know there is still time. There are things on my map that look like they will manifest this summer.

I am always amazed that when some things manifest they look identical to the image on my map, and not intentionally either! All in all 2013 was a good year.

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (9 years old)
#8 of 77 Old 02-14-2014, 11:40 AM

OMG, I didn't realize the new Prep thread would be up! I was looking for something totally else. YAY!

So...I got something HUGE, this 2013 map.

My house in NC finally sold, and we moved up north, what I've been trying for for THREE YEARS! :joy

So now...I don't have anything huge anymore, I don't think. I'm going to probably have lots of little things on this next map, but who knows. When the time comes, I will  know.

What I do know is, my True Love and I are going to map together, this year! How exciting is that? He lives right across town from me, now, not 850 miles away! :love

YAY!

sunnysandiegan likes this.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#9 of 77 Old 02-17-2014, 09:30 AM

subbing...for 2014, this is going to be my third.  I think the whether or not I manifest, I love the idea of getting my thoughts/goals/feelings/desires together for a new year..  Plus the house is much cleaner and clutter free..I am esp. excited for the time between now and March ! Fingers crossed!

#10 of 77 Old 02-18-2014, 08:35 AM

You brought Feng Shui into our lives. Namaste! What a pair astrology and intention mapping have been to me. What I resist, persists. So I dropped the I, and that's been the key to surviving this year (it has been as traumatic as it has been productive).

tresleo likes this.

Wife om.gif mamaluxlove.gif to five And citizen of Earthearth.gif
#11 of 77 Old 02-28-2014, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

subbing :-)  

Robin read.gifPartner to J bikenew.gif and mom to G & R 10/3/12 twins.gif 
#12 of 77 Old 02-28-2014, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

tomorrow is pisces new moon. The last moon before treasure map moon.

Let a lot of things dissolve between now and Aries!

hugs

T

#13 of 77 Old 03-01-2014, 10:29 AM

I can't stop myself from thinking about what I want for the upcoming year! 

This past year for me has been absolutely unbelievable in terms of my map coming to fruition, so that's extremely encouraging for this upcoming year. 

Last year, after a long trip to the craft store, I came home and nothing really clicked for me. I wound up doing one on the computer - which is something I didn't really think would work for me - and I see it every time I open my computer. I also printed out a copy and put it in my calendar, so the first page I see every time I use it, is my TM.

I'm wondering if anyone sees a difference in where they place their maps?

#14 of 77 Old 03-01-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tresleo View Post

I can't stop myself from thinking about what I want for the upcoming year! 

This past year for me has been absolutely unbelievable in terms of my map coming to fruition, so that's extremely encouraging for this upcoming year. 

Last year, after a long trip to the craft store, I came home and nothing really clicked for me. I wound up doing one on the computer - which is something I didn't really think would work for me - and I see it every time I open my computer. I also printed out a copy and put it in my calendar, so the first page I see every time I use it, is my TM.

I'm wondering if anyone sees a difference in where they place their maps?

I know, right? Mine this past year was AWESOME. I had "selling my house", or some variation thereof, on there, for like 3+ years. I changed my approach and for whatever reason, the Universe heard me, and it sold and here I am up in MA with my True Love :love Now, things are not rosy all the time-- we're ironing things out about being in the same town, etc (it's not Utopian dream-future-world anymore; it's REAL, and real is rather hard sometimes) but it's pretty darn good, so far.

How did you do your TM on the computer? Photoshop? I'm not at all computer savvy, but my man knows how to do that, I think. Maybe.

My map is hand done and is a poster-board size. It's in a frame hanging right beside my bed. They've always been beside my bed. It's the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing I see at night. Really handy, that :)

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#15 of 77 Old 03-01-2014, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Two years ago I had the power map that was incredible. Last year, I had some minor successes. This year, I was specific in my phrasing and I have had almost half my thoughts manifest themselves in a good way. I always seem to get a lot of forward movement right here at the end of the TM time frame. Is that odd? Even if it is, I'll take it!

I just landed a better paying job that starts in a week. I found a friend who is a doctor help us with some recommendations for my chronically ill daughter's care. That fell under "helpful people for our journey". My drama king son has finally calmed down a bit. And the money situation is not nearly as dire as it was three years ago.

I still need a little help on the maintaining an ideal weight and taking a good vacation. Other than that, most things are falling into line.

I'm cleaning and de-cluttering quite a bit right now. The cold rainy weather actually helps me with that "creating a happy nest" energy.

Best wishes to all you TMers out there.
#16 of 77 Old 03-03-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post

tomorrow is pisces new moon. The last moon before treasure map moon.

Let a lot of things dissolve between now and Aries!

hugs

T

Trying to really release stuff, this seems so appropriate

http://www.rewireme.com/explorations/why-you-cant-always-just-do-it/#sthash.fakR2q8N.oPoNEV3v.dpbs

tresleo likes this.

Wife om.gif mamaluxlove.gif to five And citizen of Earthearth.gif
#17 of 77 Old 03-04-2014, 02:59 AM

So ready.

hh2.gif

#18 of 77 Old 03-04-2014, 02:14 PM

I am glad to have found this thread. I've not been on Mothering for a long time, but just recently my sister and I were talking about our treasure maps and how it must be coming up again. Sure enough...

She recently bought a table, off gumtree by chance, for her new house and remarked how uncanny the resemblence is to the one in her treasure map. She has had most of her map appear, but there is one last big one - a trip to New York (we are Aussies). I said it may take longer for something that big.

As for my map - I have had a lot of it come about, but still not the big one : a baby. However, I have had some resolution with that one, coming to terms with it probably never happening at my age (47). I am not sure if it will go on my next map, I seem to be making a transition into a new chapter of life. I will really have to think about what I really want.

I had a lovely new cooker on my map and thought I'd never be able to afford one, but we were able to get one much cheaper than we expected and with good finance. It is beautiful, and after buying it I had a surge of energy to make over the kitchen, which now looks a lot like the one on my map, particularly colours! My map also had stuff about good health and fitness, and I have been keeping that up really well. There's stuff there about family harmony,and mostly that is true - particularly with my immediate family. There was an image of a beautiful beach on a tropical island, and I did have a wonderful holiday on a tropical island. It's just the baby that hasn't manifested, but who knows, perhaps I'll have a happy surprise in a week or so.There's still time,right?

As for the de-cluttering, I must get onto that, although I have done quite a bit over summer (which has just finished here). I have a few items to list on ebay, but otherwise I think I am pretty ready. I just need to figure out  what it is I want.

One thing I'd like is to sell some land which has been on the market for 5 years. Any advice on how to put that onto the map? I'd also like to renovate our home, but without the sale I won't be able to afford it. I guess it will go onto my map anyway.

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#19 of 77 Old 03-05-2014, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

One thing I'd like is to sell some land which has been on the market for 5 years. Any advice on how to put that onto the map? I'd also like to renovate our home, but without the sale I won't be able to afford it. I guess it will go onto my map anyway.

If you have a picture of your land, maybe you can photoshop a SOLD sign (that Realtors use, once the property is sold) on it..

nerdy mom to DD1 7yo, D2 infant
#20 of 77 Old 03-05-2014, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Last year's TM brought the one big thing I asked for and some small improvements in other (not all) things on my board... 

Can't wait for this year's TM. March 30 it is! :) 

nerdy mom to DD1 7yo, D2 infant
#21 of 77 Old 03-06-2014, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakti77 View Post

If you have a picture of your land, maybe you can photoshop a SOLD sign (that Realtors use, once the property is sold) on it..

If it helps any...I had my house for sale for THREE YEARS, and also on my map, before it sold in year 4. I think one of the things that helped me hold onto that land is that I put pictures of my house, with SOLD. I think the Universe wanted me to keep the house because I had a picture of it on the map. Even with the "sold sold sold" message I kept putting out there. I had things about my soon-to-be old house and property.

Four days after the last map, I had an offer. The last map had nothing to do with my property, my house, "sold", or any of that. I had changed my tactic to include FORWARD thinking: the new home I hoped to have, the new town and state I wanted to live in. Four days later, had an offer. Just a thought!

applejuice and tresleo like this.

#22 of 77 Old 03-14-2014, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I second what Maia recommends.  I followed her lead on my 2013 map and instead of putting that I wanted my house to sell (which had been on the market for 9 months at that point), I put a picture of the kind house I hoped to buy in the coming months..the one that would be just right for our family.  And my house sold in August.  :-)

That is pretty much the biggest thing that developed on my map.  Haven't seen a lot of other things come to light, but Tracy mentioning the challenging energies of this cycle rings true with me. I think I just wasn't up to the challenge of some of these things.  One kind of literal thing that was cool: I had put a picture of the 10 of Cups from the Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot on my map with the words harmonious family.  And one day in late summer when we were all out for a nice drive, we stopped at a bakery to pick up some bread and saw the hugest, most amazingly vivid rainbow I have ever seen, arcing over the town.  It was truly a glorious moment.  Very literal, but hey, it works for me ;-)

We still haven't been able to buy a new house, but over the last few weeks we have made significant progress on getting the ball rolling and have a few prospects.  I told my husband I would not be surprised if we find the one we want, even if the purchase isn't complete, before the new map :-D

Robin read.gifPartner to J bikenew.gif and mom to G & R 10/3/12 twins.gif 
#23 of 77 Old 03-14-2014, 03:31 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions for selling our land. I think it hasn't sold as I haven't had my heart in wanting to sell it. It is almost as if I have a sense that we need to keep it, but I cannot think why. The money would be much more beneficial to us right now, for all sorts of reasons, but we are managing without the extra money too. I still have doubts about selling it and I am not entirely sure it will be part of my treasure map. It does depend a bit on whether the  big thing on last year's map actually progresses: I did get the surprise BFP after all!

It is kind of unbelievable - the universe did gift me a pregnancy after all, but I am only 4 weeks and already I feel like I should prepare myself for the worst (my tests are very faint and not getting darker - first bfp was at 12dpo and now at 15 dpo, no darker). I know if I am still pregnant when I do my map, there will certainly be something on there about a healthy baby and complication free pregnancy. But if I am at home with a baby, the money from the sale of the land will make a huge difference just to keep the wolf from the door.

Siddal, I love your story about the rainbow. How beautiful! I always find it a bit mind-blowing that the map can be so literal - I have found it to be so every year in one way or another.

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#24 of 77 Old 03-15-2014, 05:51 PM

Wow! So often we get big movement at the end. A line is a line, it's darkness doesn't correlate to hcg levels.

hh2.gif

#25 of 77 Old 03-15-2014, 09:43 PM

Well, I guess it wasn't meant to be.:(

Negative test this am, and AF has turned up.

It is disappointing, but somehow has made me think about what I'd really like, whether this is what I want to do. I was so sure before, but not so sure I can keep taking the pounding that the losses are giving me.

I am still looking forward to making my TM and just read an article in the paper about it.

#26 of 77 Old 03-15-2014, 11:26 PM

greensad.gifhug.gif
Maiasaura likes this.

hh2.gif

#27 of 77 Old 03-16-2014, 10:00 AM

I'm sorry, gumblossom :grouphug:candle

#28 of 77 Old 03-17-2014, 11:23 AM

Hey, I know people frown on it, but I can't often help thinking of what I might want on my next map. I do collect possibilities. I know that the energy shifts on the Day Of, and in the past 4 years of gathering things to maybe put on the map, I have indeed looked at Whatever-It-Was after the moon changes, and gone "What the heck did I want that for?", and not put it on.

So, in that light, I am trying to come up with framing in the positive these statements:

1) Quit nagging.

2) No dumping (as in, dumping my load/garbage/personal baggage onto someone else, as in, going on and on and on about something, or being negative when they shouldn't need to hear it). Or, stop complaining, or stop venting at people.

3) Don't expect appreciation.

If you recognize those, yes, they are from The Happiness Project, and I love them, but I am hitting a wall trying to come up with ways of saying them that don't include negatives, like "don't" or "nagging".

Like, I know if I want to lower debt, I don't say "lower debt" because it includes the word "debt" and the Universe might hear just that, and I know I can put, say, "financial success", which is saying the same thing only in the positive.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

#29 of 77 Old 03-17-2014, 01:14 PM

No reason you can't make a list of positive affirmations at anytime. For nagging, how about "I speak kind and positive words." For number 2, you could use, "I will only vent when the time and recipient is appropriate. My venting is productive." For the last one I like to say "I am blessed to be a blessing."

hh2.gif

#30 of 77 Old 03-17-2014, 04:01 PM

mysticmomma, they are great suggestions.

I am wondering about putting things on my map for my children. I am thinking I probably shouldn't be putting anything on there for them, but my son's behaviours and lifestyle is affecting our whole family and I'd like it to be better. He is 22 and has recently come back home to live as he lost another job and has no money. Of course I want my children to feel they have support at home when ever they need it, but DS comes back and upsets the dynamic of the house, upsetting his 4 younger siblings and DH and I. He just can't seem to take responsibility for his actions,and can't see that that the consequences he is dealing with are of his own making, not just "fate" or "bad luck",as he insists it is.

Sorry, I know this is not the thread to discuss family relationships, what I am wondering, is if I can put something on my map because I want to see him happy and living a productive life, because I think it will make him happier. Or should I put it somehow from my perspective? A happy family and home,perhaps? Things are really out of kilter at the moment,and it's a stressful environment.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page