Christian mom April '14 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-06-2014, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
They got so much done yesterday! It didn't even look like the same place we first looked at! It still needs a little decor and homey touches but they got it usable and had service there this morning! I didn't get to go because LO has pink eye and the croup! I didn't want to share our germs and plus he needs rest. He woke up at 4 am with that barky cough and struggling to breath with his little eyes all crusted shut from the pink eye. So we were up for awhile in the steamy bathroom. Not a funn night at all! I hate hateHATE the croup with a passion! Each of my kids has now had it at least once. DS1 used to get it every single time he got a cold! It ended up being a dust mite allergy had his immune system on constant high alert, so it over reacted to every little thing. I hope this LO isn't going to end up being another croup baby...

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

OH! Pink eye & croup :Hugto everyone. :joy For a building and a service inside.

This weekend was so nice! We went out and enjoyed the day. So happy to be outside.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:09 PM

Its raining today. April showers bring May flowers!!
So my DH knows a man (not sure if he is Jewish by blood) but he is a christian and observes all Jewish customs. So he is coming to teach on Passover tomorrow evening. It will be so cool! We are going to change traditional service days. Saturday Sabbath service and Tuesday midweek service. So tomorrow will be our midweek already. Were planning a fund raiser for Saturday afternoon. We need to raise security deposit and May's rent by May 1st. So hopefully this fundraiser will help. But we also want to let people know were here and show the love of Christ.
Naz, does your family observe Easter?
Were not celebrating as we have in the past (no Easter baskets, or egg hunts, etc...) IDK if I even want to. I feel like Passover encompasses ALL of Jesus. So not sure what my take on Easter is as of right now.

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

Old 04-07-2014, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Easter- Yes & no. I DO NOT have anything to do with the Easter Bunny!!! OR the whole candy baskets. We have a dinner with family and go to church.

The real day that Jesus raise from the dead is The Feast of First Fruits (Bikkurim). So you can look at like you are celebrating that hoilday.

I need to come back later

Old 04-07-2014, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

very quick- Let me know how the passover go?

Old 04-08-2014, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

So, my son badly cut his finger, I could not find my drivers license, my washer broke AND my head is killing me. hammer.gif I looked for the license for an hour and 1/2. I was going to throw myself out the window...The man came to look at the washer...$$$ later it is fix. My son did not need the hospital!!! AND my head is still killing me.

Easter is a strange thing for me. Can't explain it fully. I want to teach my children the way that I understand it. BUT they also need to understand it the "normal" way. (Gentile Christian way)

Old 04-08-2014, 01:57 PM

OMGoodness Naz! What a day! Thank God your DS didn't need to go to the hospital. Geez, you just got your dryer fixed, now the washer??!
Easter is so darn commercialized! Yes, the resurrection is definitely something I want to celebrate with my family. BUT I do not want to compromise my faith with the world's crap anymore.The lesson on Passover is tonight, so hopefully that will be enlightening.
I had this weird epiphany last night. This whole church thing is progressing very quickly. And is suddenly very real. And I began to worry that I cannot fit the role of a pastor's wife! I just don't have an outgoing bubbley personality! And I withdrew a lot, and contemplated stepping down from the ministry as to not taint my husband's reputation. I just don't feel ready! But DH talked to me and removed all the pressure to fit something that I'm not. I'm still struggling though.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Pastor's wife- (Take this or leave it.)  Be kind to all. Say Hello to all. And treat people the way you want to be treated. WE SHOULD ALL DO THIS!!!

Today was very up-setting. I can not wait to go to bed and start over. The washer and dryer are not old. I could not believe that it was not working bigeyes.gif Really, I was crying on the phone with the lady that answer the phone. She must think that I am NUTS!!! LOL

My son needs to be more careful. He was playing with something that is NOT a toy. He was running around praying to be healed. Thank Jesus that He was.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:29 AM

Thanks, yea I'm so shy and inroverted that saying hello to everyone is what I need to work on the most!

The Passover teaching was so so good! He talked about a lot of different things. He taught on the seven feasts if the Lord. Something he said that really drove it home for me was how people always say how these are Jewish celebrations, but they are THE LORD'S.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Chunk- Your shy??? You don't come across that way? I'm not shy,but I really I'm not good in big groups.

About saying *Hello*. I think this is something that is missing today. When I was little if you did not say Hello to people when you enter a room you where considered very rude. My father's family was/is very big on this. If you do not say hello to people you are in BIG TROUBLE!!!

The Lord's holiday- Yes, I agree with that. The thing that is so missing is not the celebration of the holiday BUT the understand of Jesus in the holiday. Like when Paul talks about Passover or John talks about Sukkot. Most pastors & NT teachers have a BIG misunderstand of what is being said. It makes me happy that your DH is trying to understand these things.

Just this Sunday in Sunday School the teacher was trying to explain something with not a clue as to the OT context. So I open up my big mouth and tell him. LOL The point is the we need to look at the OT in light of the New. We should celebrate Jesus alive EVERYDAY! Praise Him for whom He is and what He has done.

We are all one in the olive tree! The roots are Hebrew. Gentiles are in the tree. Praise Him.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:37 PM

OMGoodness, yes I am SOOO shy!

Were definitely trying to walk in obedience. Its not that doing these OT things will bring salvation, because only the blood of Jesus can do that. But rather, you want to do these things because you're saved and want to please the Lord.
The guy who was teaching used OT and NT parallel verses. I found that to be *very* helpful in gaining a true understanding as well as really interesting!
Something cool he pointed out is how the Hebrews would choose a perfect, flawless male lamb on the 10th of Nissan. And then slaughter it and spread the blood of the lamb over their door posts on the 14th of Nissan. And when Jesus rode the donkey on the 10th of Nissan he was presenting himself as that perfect lamb, and he was crucified on the 14th of Nissan. So symbolic!
There was so much to chew on, I'm still processing it all!

Old 04-09-2014, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Today is the 10th of Nisain. The devotional that I sent you will start tonight.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:08 PM

Ok thanks for the heads up!

Old 04-10-2014, 04:42 AM - Thread Starter

Nisan 10-- Passover Lamb was chosen (Ex 12:3)

Israelites camped at Gilgal (Josh 4:19)

Ezekiel saw the future glorious Temple (Ezek 40:1)

Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a young donkey (John 12:12-16)

I can't believe that today is Thursday? Where is the week going?

Old 04-10-2014, 08:36 AM

Time is flying!
Another cool thing thay I learned at the Passover study was matzo bread is even symbolic. It has the stripes and then dots like it had been pierced. Like that Isaiah verse, He was beaten for our trangressions and pierced for our iniquities.

Our fundraiser for the church is Saturday. We decided to have a yard sale, cook out, raffles, face painting, slip and slide, etc... but what is awesome is, some rich ppl who are having their home remodeled donated all their furniture to our fund raiser! Its starting to look like we might just raise enough money!

Old 04-10-2014, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Passover is so rich in Messiah! Everything points to Messiah! That is what I love so much about passover. The way that every part of the seder points to Jesus. 

I happy that you learned so much. I'm still learning and see after all these years.

SO cool about the fund raiser :joy what is the goal? I will keep it in prayer.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:49 PM

Well we need to raise $1300 by May 1st. But we wanted it to be a huge fun day where lots of ppl come out so that they know we're there and they get to feel the love of Jesus through us!
And someone just donated a whole storage unit full of stuff. So DH went to go pick all that up.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

MIL story-- So today was my DD b-day. So whom did not call??? YES my MIL. OK, forgetting my B-day is one thing, BUT DD....nono02.gif Oh well! Just can believe it.

So about the church-- Are you going to do the fund raiser in a high traffic area? Will you be able to get a lot of people?

Old 04-10-2014, 06:36 PM

Aw that stinks about your MIL. I hate when people make kids feel like they're not special especially on such a special day as their birthday!

We're having the fund raiser at our church building so they know where were at. Its not really high traffic but we've advertised a lot.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter

Happy Friday!!!:Kiss

I will bless ADONAI at all times; his praise will always be in my mouth (Ps 34:2)

Old 04-11-2014, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

chunk- Are you OK?

Old 04-11-2014, 05:49 PM

Yes. I was on briefly today, but not much. I was outside with the kids a lot orngbiggrin.gif

So weekend plans?
Passover plans?

Old 04-12-2014, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter

Weekend - see where the day takes us.

Passover- Not sure. My mom's family wants us to come? Not something that happens every year.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:39 AM

Do you literally wipe blood on your door post? Or just use anointing oil? Or something else?
DH asked me what I thought we should do, my vote goes to anointing oil lol

Old 04-12-2014, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

No, nothing on the door post. Anointing oil sound nice.

Spring is here. So happy!!!

Old 04-12-2014, 01:04 PM

Yes it is lovely! I sure hope spring decides to stick around this time!

Old 04-12-2014, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

So how did the fund raiser go? I hope well.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:15 AM

It went VERY well! We raised $1678 so we will definitely be able to pay the landlord on May 1st. One man gavr us $1000 for a box of books!! But there was a lot of stuff to still get rid of so were back out here again today.

Old 04-13-2014, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Wonderful!! Glory to the Lord!!!!

Old 04-14-2014, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

User Tag List