"New Age" Mammas? Hoping to connect... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-17-2014, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Talking "New Age" Mammas? Hoping to connect...

Hello everyone!
I consider myself to be a highly spiritual person, but I don't fit into any of the average religious categories. Honestly, I see truth and lies in all religious practices. I hate to label myself, but if I had to call myself anything I'd say I'm a "New Age" type person. (New Age defined on google: a broad movement characterized by alternative approaches to traditional Western culture, with an interest in spirituality, mysticism, holism, and environmentalism.)

I'm hoping to find other mothers out there who don't necessarily belong to a specific "religious" label, but instead consider themselves highly spiritual in other ways. I sort of embrace ALL religions, except in the ways in which they are used for control. I am VERY open-minded, I do believe in a creator, but I also believe we are all co-creators in this miraculous existence.

I enjoy books such as:
"The Mastery of Love" by Don Miguel Ruiz
"The Voice of Knowledge" by Don Miguel Ruiz
"The Dancing Wu Li Masters" by Gary Zukav (I'd like to read more by him, he has a lot of spiritual books that he came out with after the Dancing Wu Li Masters)
"The Perennial Philosophy" by Aldous Huxley

and documentaries/movies like:
"DMT: The Spirit Molecule" (found on netflix)
"What the BLEEP do we know?!" (it's on netflix and elsewhere free- amazing movie!)

I also LOVE listening to people like Alan Watts and Terence McKenna...
and I enjoy visiting mysticmamma.com

Can anyone relate to me? haha I'm hoping to connect with other mothers on here who have an affinity toward the same spiritual energy.
I am due in December with my very first child, and I am hoping to talk to other women who have similar belief systems as I do and who have had children of their own, or who might be pregnant right now. I know that pregnancy, birth, and motherhood can be an incredibly mystical experience, and I would like to fuel that by connecting with others during this time!
I'm also trying to find some good books to read during pregnancy that might help me grow spiritually and connect better with my child's soul.

I don't discriminate against any religion, I just have my own issues with organized religion, as it has been used for control over populations all throughout history, so I don't have very much trust for it. I know that people can get plenty of good things from their own religious practices though, so don't be afraid to post here if you can relate to me but you also feel very tied to one particular religion. I am very happy to meet anyone and everyone who is open to the magic/spiritual side of this world.

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...

Last edited by KatelynRose; 07-20-2014 at 11:49 AM.
#2 of 4 Old 07-30-2014, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Last edited by Nazsmum; 08-02-2014 at 04:45 AM.
#3 of 4 Old 08-30-2014, 09:20 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
@KatelynRose -- I'm in your DDC I'm consider myself spiritual but not drawn to any particular religion. Lately I've been pondering on how to incorporate spirituality into the lives of my kids. We live in a fast-paced cosmopolitan city, and it's been challenging to find other spiritual folks outside of church (not that everyone in church is spiritual). I grew up feeling rather empty in this regard, and only started exploring that aspect in my 20s, so hope for better for my kids. My cousin took me to her church today-- it was a nice experience, and I can see the benefits of a church community... except I'm not a religious person.

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
#4 of 4 Old 09-13-2014, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Me, here! I'm very spiritual and also believe in the creator, but I am not religious one bit. We are all souls, living a temporary human experience! I like books by Michael Newton (particularly "Journey of Souls" and "Destiny of Souls" and Brian Weiss, and all the Zeitgeist documentaries (particularly the first Zeitgeist...I totally agree what it says about religion). I also like "What the Bleep Do We Know". I've been meaning to watch "DMT"....I will soon.

Traditional & nutrient-dense foods/Weston A. Price Foundation advocate, Reiki II practitioner, EFT practitioner, past life & life between lives Hypnotherapist practitioner. Home birth with DD 2007 = never vaccinated, breastfed 3 years

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page