Pagan Families Celebrating Lammas (August) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

Old 07-28-2014, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thumbs up Pagan Families Celebrating Lammas (August)

Hey everyone!
Our threads seem to have slowed down quite a bit, so I'm giving this months' thread a head start.

What do you have planned for Lammas?
What books do you use for teaching your children?
Do you do crafts with your kids for the Sabbats?
And, on another note, what is your family's brand of Pagan (ie, Wiccan, Asatru/Heathen, Left-handers, etc.)?

Check out my radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a head-covering witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a Heathen breadwinning daddy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2014, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

We usually do a feasting of some sort for the Sabbats. I'm always looking for ideas for branching out our celebrations. Since we are Heathens with variations, the Sabbats are only of moderate importance to our spiritual practice. We recently began assigning one of the Nine Noble Virtues (yes, I know, it's a modern thing, but we like it) to each of the days of the week, with a couple doubled up. We use this as a basis for explaining the importance of chores and working as a unit to make everyone's lives better.

I'm a head-covering witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a Heathen breadwinning daddy.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Can I join? I've joined a few times in the past, but I couldn't keep up with them!

I was in ADF last year but didn't follow through. I hit some pretty major anxiety and depression and couldn't keep up with the work. Anywho, Hi!

What do you have planned for Lammas? Nothing yet! I might be on vacation.

Do you do crafts with your kids for the Sabbats? I try to.
And, on another note, what is your family's brand of Pagan (ie, Wiccan, Asatru/Heathen, Left-handers, etc.)? Most of my kids are atheist, dh is atheist, I'm...I have no idea. I haven't figured me out yet. But I'm not an atheist and more of a UU type Pagan.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 07-30-2014, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
Can I join? I've joined a few times in the past, but I couldn't keep up with them!

I was in ADF last year but didn't follow through. I hit some pretty major anxiety and depression and couldn't keep up with the work. Anywho, Hi!

What do you have planned for Lammas? Nothing yet! I might be on vacation.

Do you do crafts with your kids for the Sabbats? I try to.
And, on another note, what is your family's brand of Pagan (ie, Wiccan, Asatru/Heathen, Left-handers, etc.)? Most of my kids are atheist, dh is atheist, I'm...I have no idea. I haven't figured me out yet. But I'm not an atheist and more of a UU type Pagan.
Welcome!

Old 07-31-2014, 09:10 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I am Heathen and I guess you can say a Seidr-worker (witch). My DH is eclectic with leanings towards Heathenism thanks to me. hehe We don't always have time to plan a ritual so sometimes we just go to a park and connect with Nature. We don't have any kids yet, ttc.

Tags
Children , Family , heathen , pagan , wiccan
User Tag List