Christian mom ~Aug Heat~ - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

#91 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
K so, this weekend has been different than the usual DH outta town for a men's retreat type weekend. We have had A LOT on our plates lately and the spiritual battles have been on extra high as well. So spiritually and physically we are both spent. I am so battle weary. I've felt like I just don't have it in me to fight anymore. DH is feeling that way as well, although he words it differently. Its almost easier to give up and give in than to continue to hope and love and forgive continually...

So, as I pondered on why we could win some battles so easily, almost effortlessly, and then some are sucking the very life out of me. I just want to collapse and die on the battlefield, because its too hard and painful to go on....
Forgiveness is the key! The easy battles are ones we already walk in forgiveness for. But the things I fight with are things I haven't truly forgiven. I say I do, and I even think I do. But in my heart its still festering. So to break bondage and see the Kingdom advance, forgiveness must be paramount.
There's a verse, I can't remember where it is right now. But, it says "whoever sins you forgive are forgiven.Whoevers sin you retain are retained." So,, by holding unforgiveness toward someone or something, we are retaining that sin, and therefore, the bondage cannot be broken, chains cannot be removed. To forgive in totality and give it to the Lord allows true freedom to be attained. The Lord can and will do what only He can do.

So, forgiveness = freedom for all parties involved. It sounds really simple but it is the most painful thing we can walk out.
#92 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazsmum View Post
Maybe we can give a little intro..

Name: Andrea
Nickname: Andie
Kids: 3- 8,5,2
Enjoy: Music & Going to concerts!
Don't Enjoy: Not getting sleep

I homeschool and right now looking for a new church. I am a little sheep with a big mouth!!!
Name: Andrea also My name isn't Andrea also, but I am an Andrea, also, LOL!
Nickname: Mom..I differ from you in that I never, ever, ever allowed anyone to call me Andie!
Kids: 8 and early pregnant with twins: 17, 12, 11, 9, 5, 4, 2, 9 months
Enjoy: Baking, cooking, gardening, being home with my family, going to church, worship music
Don't Enjoy: distorted Gospel. You are free to believe what you wish, just don't call it "following Christ"

Pleased to meet ya!

Blessed Christian Wife and Homeschooling Mother to 8: 17 (our 1st homeschool graduate!), 12, 11, 9, 5, 4, 2 and with blessing #9 and #10 due to arrive April 2015

#93 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
alittlebithippie- Nice to meet you . Your question comes up alot. I don't have time right now...I will come back.

Myfillingquiver- Nice to meet another Andrea . And Congrads again on the twins!!!

Chunk- I'm going to reread you post in a few mintues...lunch & VBS do not mix in this house.
#94 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlebithippie View Post
Hi, I'd like to quickly introduce myself. My name is Amber and I'm expecting my first child. My husband and I are in the slow progression of moving into a religious life. That is, we started going to a non-denominational church and trying to read and learn the bible. However we both still have a lot of questions and trying to decide what we believe. Neither of us were raised particularly religious. I never went to church (both parents grew up Catholic and it affected bringing religion into my life because of their negative experiences) and hub grew up going to church but not consistently. We both have some things we believe in that so somewhat against what other Christians believe in and I think that's part of whats holding us back. Also, some of the parenting philosophies we want for our new baby seem very "hippie"-like I guess. It's hard to describe!

My question is how do you women deal with other Christians who don't agree with some of the parenting philosophies you are using to raise your children and other natural living elements that you incorporate into your life? I've been called a "hippie" by someone and even a family member recently made a joke about our using natural remedies instead of "traditional" medicine for things such as colds and headaches making the connection to witch craft and while I know they were joking and the person who called me a hippie wasn't serious I was very offended. Am I looking too much into it?
Hi Amber!

I think you've addressed a lot here. First, don't worry about being brought up "religious" or not. Religion will get you nowhere..you will always carry guilt and shame, and feel you can never measure up to being good enough..which you can't, which is why we need Grace! Praise God for His Saving Grace! It takes humility to understand we can't be good enough..we Need Him.

Second, you'd be surprised how many natural folks there are within Christianity. Now, if you attend a very formal church, you are more likely to find "mainstream/stereotypical whatever you want to call it" Christianity. However, if you spend time in a Bible teaching, no frills type church, you will find people focused more on God's Word, and less on routine/modern church tradition, formality, etc., and it seems to lend itself to more acceptance of individual approaches, while always maintaining the Authority of God's Word.

We have attended a Bible teaching church for years. Many of the ladies there have had homebirth, and many practice natural living. I am a naturally minded mama, though I do use Biblical parenting, and do not distrust God's instruction therein, simply because it's "archaic". I think it's perfect. However, there are different parenting styles within our church. I am too busy following Christ and raising my own family to interject my style onto others and judge! I am sure respect is paramount. We homeschool, don't vax, and I nurse, and we do not use birth control to allow God's perfect will for our family. So we go against the grain in a lot of way...some others in our church do, some don't..but since it's not part of our church, but rather part of what we do in our lives within our own families, it's just not anyone's business if that makes sense.

I hope this was some help to you. If you are reading God's Word, and seeking to follow Him, then He will guide you how to care for your family. This truly is not the business of anyone else. You are the one to raise your family! As far as I'm concerned, the church should be concerning themselves with showing the love of Christ, and supporting families so Christians begin taking an interest in having children once again!

God Bless you!

Edited to add: I'm sorry a person connected natural medicine to witchcraft. There are some "natural" practices I avoid, because it is very Eastern influenced..interestingly, many in Christianity have adopted Yoga as a "no big deal" type thing, but when you learn about what the focus of yoga is, one may choose to avoid it. Again, this is because this is a discussion here, but in all honesty, I'd never bring this up with people. We each have to make our choices. Years ago I was very into debating things..I think because I was so on fire for the Lord and yet still so new. Now, I'm not interested, as I don't think that's ever won a single soul to Christ. The other thing is that years ago I was EASILY shaken by the thoughts, opinions and criticism of others. Now, unless it is an older Titus 2 lady talking to me out of some kind of concern (not happened, but it could, I certainly have much to learn) or if it were my husband or a leader of the church, I just shrug my shoulders at differing/condescending thoughts....who are they, anyway?

Blessed Christian Wife and Homeschooling Mother to 8: 17 (our 1st homeschool graduate!), 12, 11, 9, 5, 4, 2 and with blessing #9 and #10 due to arrive April 2015

Last edited by MyFillingQuiver; 08-18-2014 at 10:01 AM. Reason: clarity and to add something
#95 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 10:00 AM

Oh Hi Amber! I think I missed your post before somehow!

How do I deal with raising my kids in a non-traditional way. People who have negative comments and views are being judgemental! There is but One Judge! So people can say and think what they want, and sometimes it hurts and sometimes it sucks! But at the end of the day, I answer to my husband and my God. That's it! So, if I am good by both of them, then I am good period!

By the way, witchcraft is actually rebellion. So using herbs and whatnot is not witchcraft. 1Sam 15:23 "For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft ...."

And last point, do yourself a favor and eliminate the word religion from your vocabulary. Being a follower of Christ is far from religion, its relationship. Christ hated religion! The spirit of religion is actually a form of anti-Christ. Because religion is opposite everything Jesus was about!
#96 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Chunk- you make me think of Matt 18:18. Not sure if that is what you were thinking? You are right about forgiveness. It is something that has been on my mind and heart.

alittlebithippie- Congrads on a baby on the way. The quick answer is that I don't let it get to me. I follow Jesus and that is most important. We come together as believers to worship & learn of the Lord Messiah Jesus. Then every else is up for personal taste.

I think that you will find here that we are "hippie Christians" So welcome!!!!! And any questions that we can talk about let us come and reason together!
#97 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 10:12 AM

Oh yea, and an intro...
Name - Kelly
Nickname - mom
Likes- sleep, babies, reading, MDC
Dislikes- drama, winter, religion, labor lol
Kids- 4- DS 11, DD8, DS6, DS18 mos, and another DS due inNov
#98 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hello. New to Christianity. Still learning and growing.

Please feel welcome! I know that throw a lot out at you.
#99 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilchunklins View Post
Oh yea, and an intro...
Name - Kelly
Nickname - mom
Likes- sleep, babies, reading, MDC
Dislikes- drama, winter, religion, labor lol
Kids- 4- DS 11, DD8, DS6, DS18 mos, and another DS due inNov
Sorry to go off topic a bit here, but I love the dislike you mentioned "labor"....sometimes, I think I'm the only natural mama who hates labor and doesn't do it very nicely. I've finally given up being one of those super calm, laid back women breathing slowly and smiling through it. It just isn't pretty Interestingly, I don't mind pushing..even with my huge babies (10 lbs 9 oz, 9 lbs 12 oz were my last couple) Anyway, thanks for mentioning that!

#100 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Quote:
apeydef- What grade is Dd in?

You remind it is almost Sept. OH NO!!!! I hate Sept.
She's going into 1st! She will be 6 next month!!
#101 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Hello. New to Christianity. Still learning and growing.
Welcome!!
#102 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFillingQuiver View Post
Sorry to go off topic a bit here, but I love the dislike you mentioned "labor"....sometimes, I think I'm the only natural mama who hates labor and doesn't do it very nicely. I've finally given up being one of those super calm, laid back women breathing slowly and smiling through it. It just isn't pretty Interestingly, I don't mind pushing..even with my huge babies (10 lbs 9 oz, 9 lbs 12 oz were my last couple) Anyway, thanks for mentioning that!
Oh man, you aren't alone! I often feel like an outsider on here. I even.... Shall I dare say..... Get epidurals!!! I also have had big babies, and this is looking to be big already according to my ultrasound.
#103 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Ladies, thank you so much! I'm at that point in my life where I care less what others think but still not quite enough, I still care in some ways. At this point, mostly my family. Luckily, DH and I both have very supportive families who love and care about both of us more than I could ever even begin to be thankful for.

I'm hoping you ladies can be patient with me as some of the questions I may have may make me seem silly and uneducated but I'm so excited to learn and grow in my faith and with my relationship with the Lord. It's nice having like-minded women to turn to for advice and encouragement.

Amber. Expecting #1 in January 2015. Married to a fireman. 2 fur babies - Golden Retriever & a chubby tabby cat.
#104 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I'm hoping you ladies can be patient with me as some of the questions I may have may make me seem silly and uneducated but I'm so excited to learn and grow in my faith and with my relationship with the Lord. It's nice having like-minded women to turn to for advice and encouragement.
Please join in and ask any questions. We are all sisters in the Lord.
#105 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Labor for me has been very fast. So not sure if I like it or not?? I do know a mom that "loves" labor. I just look at her and smile
#106 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

I can not keep up!!! LOL
#107 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilchunklins View Post
K so, this weekend has been different than the usual DH outta town for a men's retreat type weekend. We have had A LOT on our plates lately and the spiritual battles have been on extra high as well. So spiritually and physically we are both spent. I am so battle weary. I've felt like I just don't have it in me to fight anymore. DH is feeling that way as well, although he words it differently. Its almost easier to give up and give in than to continue to hope and love and forgive continually...

So, as I pondered on why we could win some battles so easily, almost effortlessly, and then some are sucking the very life out of me. I just want to collapse and die on the battlefield, because its too hard and painful to go on....
Forgiveness is the key! The easy battles are ones we already walk in forgiveness for. But the things I fight with are things I haven't truly forgiven. I say I do, and I even think I do. But in my heart its still festering. So to break bondage and see the Kingdom advance, forgiveness must be paramount.
There's a verse, I can't remember where it is right now. But, it says "whoever sins you forgive are forgiven.Whoevers sin you retain are retained." So,, by holding unforgiveness toward someone or something, we are retaining that sin, and therefore, the bondage cannot be broken, chains cannot be removed. To forgive in totality and give it to the Lord allows true freedom to be attained. The Lord can and will do what only He can do.

So, forgiveness = freedom for all parties involved. It sounds really simple but it is the most painful thing we can walk out.
Chunk- this something that I am in the middle of doing. That church that we are leaving I NEED to forgive them. It really hit home with me with that person that would not talk to my DS.

I'm writing a letter to the Pastor and Elders to tell them I forgive them. I'm going to share one thought that I feel that they need to hear. That it is. I need to forgive all of them...

So, Chunk forgiving like Jesus forgave on the cross is where I'm at right now.
#108 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 01:10 PM

I can't keep up either Naz! I'm gonna go back through later and read some of the longer posts lol
#109 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 01:25 PM

So so so frustrated. I'm not sure where to post this so many you ladies might be able to give me some encouragement to persevere through.

DH & I are in the process of finding a new apartment. Where we currently live is a small 1 bedroom. It's wonderful though, with a beautiful view of Back Cove and Downtown Portland. But its already very tight with the two of us, plus our pup and cat, that bringing a baby back to this place is absolutely out of the question. There is just no room for a baby here. So we began looking for a new apartment at the beginning of summer and have come up with NOTHING. *sigh*

Everything has been the same; the places are either too small, out of our price range, further than we want to live, or don't allow dogs and/or cats. I think the pet one is what is the hardest to get around. Most places that do allow dogs don't want any bigger than 25 pounds. We have a 75 pound Golden Retriever! DH & I would like to be moved into and organized in the new place (well) before the baby arrives and it's so hard to not get discouraged. Tomorrow I'm going with my SIL to go on a tour of a place that I found recently. It's in a nice area and looks to be decent size. It says pets are allowed but doesn't give the details of their pet policy AND it has heat and hot water included and is around what we already pay now for rent. So, here's hoping!

I hope we are in the position to buy/build our home within the next few years like we have been planning, I can't wait to stop renting and own a home!

Amber. Expecting #1 in January 2015. Married to a fireman. 2 fur babies - Golden Retriever & a chubby tabby cat.
#110 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

alittlebithippie- I'm in the same boat. LOL we need to move and can not find a good match. Take heart we will find something!

Babies don't take a lot of space. The things that people give you take up the space...If you keep things simple you can have a small space with a baby. I live in a small space with 5 people.
#111 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
So so so frustrated. I'm not sure where to post this so many you ladies might be able to give me some encouragement to persevere through.

DH & I are in the process of finding a new apartment. Where we currently live is a small 1 bedroom. It's wonderful though, with a beautiful view of Back Cove and Downtown Portland. But its already very tight with the two of us, plus our pup and cat, that bringing a baby back to this place is absolutely out of the question. There is just no room for a baby here. So we began looking for a new apartment at the beginning of summer and have come up with NOTHING. *sigh*

Everything has been the same; the places are either too small, out of our price range, further than we want to live, or don't allow dogs and/or cats. I think the pet one is what is the hardest to get around. Most places that do allow dogs don't want any bigger than 25 pounds. We have a 75 pound Golden Retriever! DH & I would like to be moved into and organized in the new place (well) before the baby arrives and it's so hard to not get discouraged. Tomorrow I'm going with my SIL to go on a tour of a place that I found recently. It's in a nice area and looks to be decent size. It says pets are allowed but doesn't give the details of their pet policy AND it has heat and hot water included and is around what we already pay now for rent. So, here's hoping!

I hope we are in the position to buy/build our home within the next few years like we have been planning, I can't wait to stop renting and own a home!
We're having to find a new place, too, hippie, and it's tough because the rental market here (Dallas area, TX) is just.... sooo in favor of the landlord as far as prices. crikey It would be cheaper to buy, but we have no down payment or means to really maintain a house right now. I'm not sure what we're going to do.

wife to an AMAZING dude and mommy to an awesome 9 month old boy
#112 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
alittlebithippie- I'm in the same boat. LOL we need to move and can not find a good match. Take heart we will find something!

Babies don't take a lot of space. The things that people give you take up the space...If you keep things simple you can have a small space with a baby. I live in a small space with 5 people.
That is very true! Already researching and trying to decide on products of a registry (my SIL AND sister are making me do this. They are purposely double teaming me. Bullies.) and I just keep getting more and more surprised by all the stuff babies actually need. Wow. Part of the other reason we want a slightly bigger place is so Sam and Soph can escape the baby whenever they need to! haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrafighter View Post
We're having to find a new place, too, hippie, and it's tough because the rental market here (Dallas area, TX) is just.... sooo in favor of the landlord as far as prices. crikey It would be cheaper to buy, but we have no down payment or means to really maintain a house right now. I'm not sure what we're going to do.
Same here. We've never even found out how much we're pre approved for yet but DH & I both feel now isn't the right time even though we could probably be approved for a fairly decent amount, we'd rather wait until we can be approved for slightly more and build (or move into - building will be our first choice) a place that we can stay for a long long time. We don't want to settle on a place and just move a few years later. So. Renting it is. As for prices it seems the same way here in Portland (Maine.) unless it's through a company that owns several properties.

#113 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 03:16 PM

Our former pastor also does real estate as a sort of hobby now that he's retired, and he helped us find the place we're in now. I reached out to him for our next go-round, and he wanted us to speak to a lender to make sure that renting is the best option for us. So we will, but I'm not too jazzed about it. The lender has been dragging his feet getting back to us, but that actually works out because my DH has been in the hospital since Wednesday night. That combined with a possible job change for him plus maybe/maybe not signing a new lease with our current roommate has a lot of things up in the air right now.

This morning I got very thankful for this promise that was fulfilled this weekend with everything going on: Then God's shalom, passing all understanding, will keep your hearts and minds safe in union with the Messiah Yeshua. Philippians 4:7

#114 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
That is very true! Already researching and trying to decide on products of a registry (my SIL AND sister are making me do this. They are purposely double teaming me. Bullies.) and I just keep getting more and more surprised by all the stuff babies actually need. Wow. Part of the other reason we want a slightly bigger place is so Sam and Soph can escape the baby whenever they need to! haha.

Same here. We've never even found out how much we're pre approved for yet but DH & I both feel now isn't the right time even though we could probably be approved for a fairly decent amount, we'd rather wait until we can be approved for slightly more and build (or move into - building will be our first choice) a place that we can stay for a long long time. We don't want to settle on a place and just move a few years later. So. Renting it is. As for prices it seems the same way here in Portland (Maine.) unless it's through a company that owns several properties.
I'll be praying you and the other ladies here find a great place to live!

As far as what you said earlier about being others being patient and seeming uneducated...nothing could be further from the truth. I absolutely love when someone is searching for Truth. It's closed and against the free gift of Salvation that grieve me so...

I have so much to learn and I'm so thankful for those willing to take the time to teach me. As result, I have something to teach other ladies..I don't think there are enough willing teachers out there, and the Bible does command us to do so. Please know you have a friend in me, and I'm sure the other ladies here!

God Bless you!

#115 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:

It's amazing how much families really don't need as far as stuff, when they have love and the Solid Rock! If more people shared your perspective, they would see children as blessings entrusted to us by God, instead of little money pits!

#116 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Ultrafighter- I think we have the same Bible Way Cool!! Why is your DH in the hospital? I hope he gets better.

MyFillingQuiver- I don't understand people wanting so much stuff. It is a weird thing to me.
#117 of 179 Old 08-18-2014, 04:33 PM

Wow it hasn't been this busy over here in a LONG time!

I noticed that too Naz. Her bible sounded so similar to yours. Just going by scripture you've quoted here.

And yes, questions are awesome! No matter how much you know, you'll always have more questions. And the Lord seems to love to humble us by kicking our feet out from under us just as soon as we think we've got it all figured out.
#118 of 179 Old 08-19-2014, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter

Good Morning!!! It is a wonderful day that the Lord has made!
#119 of 179 Old 08-19-2014, 06:46 AM

Good morning! It is a beautiful day for sure. My husband is being discharged tonight!! He's been in a psych facility since Wednesday night for severe stress and depression. He had a plan to take his own life but THANK THE FATHER he reached out for help instead. Tomorrow he begins partial hospitalization where he goes back to the facility from 9-3 each weekday for a couple of weeks, but he'll be home for dinner every night. That hasn't happened in a long time because of his job (retail management). There's a lot up in the air right now with whether or not he's going to take a couple of levels of demotion at work to a less stressful role, but I'm not worried about that. I'm just super thankful that my husband is still alive.

Nazsmum, it's the Complete Jewish Bible.

#120 of 179 Old 08-19-2014, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

Praise the Lord that he is alive!!! That must be so stressful for you. Praying for you.

We do have the same Bible.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page