Prayer Requests - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 319 Old 10-07-2006, 01:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thank you, for starting this.

My heart simply jumps up and falls right out of my chest with this ache. I envy them their other children. A reason to stand up every morning. I only have my one sweet girl. If this happened......
#122 of 319 Old 10-10-2006, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My sister has 2 children with autism. Please prayer that she finds the right tools to help them recover.

Thank you
#123 of 319 Old 10-13-2006, 03:27 AM

I ask that I be able to conceive and carry to term another child, and to find the resources to give that child the best start our family can give. I have had ongoing fertility issues and am not able to afford medical treatments for it.

I also ask that if I can't get pregnant, that I have peace with that, and not feel sad about it.

Also, I ask that my brother, who recently had a psychotic break, be given what he needs to be well.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#124 of 319 Old 10-13-2006, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Our family is trying to get into our house that we are building as soon as possible. It is freezing here, and it is getting cold in our little holiday trailer.
I ask that the work on the house go quickly, and that we have all the resources necessary to finish it so that we can stay here this winter.
#125 of 319 Old 10-23-2006, 12:17 AM

Need a miracle with my mother-in-law and her side of the family. Please, please, please pray for us to have peace, for the sake of my sweet 6 month old baby...Right now my experience of this woman is that she is a MONSTER and it has really been breaking me down....HELP PLEASE! Feel so alone with this...it's agonizing...Am a survivor of an abusive mother so this feels double as tough, as MIL pushes those very same buttons (minus the physical violence). Have tried everything...kindness, love, prayer, meditation, therapy, positive thinking...nothing seems to help yet...
#126 of 319 Old 10-24-2006, 01:42 AM

we are firm believers in prayer...I know my little girl has been waiting to come through and I am totally willing and open to her coming and I know Jack her big brother is ok with her coming and I am hoping for some prayers inviting her to join us on this side

with great joy and gratitude
-Lori
#127 of 319 Old 10-30-2006, 07:54 AM

Please pray for my brother, just deployed to Iraq. I need your prayers, too, that I might have some peace w/ it.

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
#128 of 319 Old 11-02-2006, 01:32 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Please pray, if you are able and willing, for my sister in law, Joyce. She has recently been given 2 - 3 months to live due to organ failure. Please pray that she finds peace and joy and healing in her life.
#129 of 319 Old 11-15-2006, 01:35 PM

Please pray for my friend, who has been going through a rocky relationship with your long distance boyfriend, that God points her in the right direction for where she is supposed to be.

I am also asking you to pray for my other friend, whose boyfriend just joined the military and will be away for a year, that he comes home safe, and that my friend finds peace and comfort.
Thank you.
#130 of 319 Old 11-15-2006, 03:39 PM

i have never posted in the spirituality forum before, and feel strange doing so as i'm so unsure of my own spiritual beliefs. i would like to ask though for prayers and positive energy to be sent to my family- especially my father. in october i had a miscarriage and on the day my parents came to my home for support, my father had a stroke. life has spiraled since then, and we recently found out he has end stage cancer. i know this can not be cured, but i would so appreciate any prayers for comfort and inner peace for him.
#131 of 319 Old 11-20-2006, 12:42 PM

I'm expecting our 4th baby, so you'd think I would be an expert by now.

I turned 38 weeks on Saturday. Sunday(yesterday) morning I woke up and felt kind of cruddy. I kept having diahrea and having a bunch of contractions. I tried to drink some water to make sure i wasn't dehydrated, then I took a bath to try to relax me. And then I started freaking out. : I got really overwhelmed thinking it was the real thing and that I really wasn't ready for labor right now(I totally want my baby here and can hardly wait, I just am not wanting the labor!!). My DH came in from cleaning the garage and I was talking to him and I said I want a c-section. : Our baby has been breech, the midwife turned him/her last Monday and I am 99% sure he/she turned back to breech. She will still do a home birth for a breech if we want that, as long as it's not a footling breech. So then my husband and I take a little walk around our yard and I said I could compromise and not have the c-section but have an epidural instead. My husband is telling me, you don't want a c-section, & you've given birth 3 times before without any kind of pain meds, vaginally, you don't want that. I honestly at the time felt like it would be the "easy" route to take. I don't know what the heck is wrong with me...of course I don't really WANT a c-section....I've paid all this money out of pocket to have a home birth....I don't even want to set foot into a hospital. I don't want an epidural either. I just wanted peace.

I sort of feel like I lost it for a bit there. I kept saying I wasn't ready and that I wanted to do this another day. Eventually the contractions slowed down, though I still had diahrea for the rest of the day. What's wrong with me? I really can hardly wait to meet my little one, but for some reason after 3 natural births, I'm scared of labor this time. (I've had 2 hospital births, and then one planned unassisted home birth...this one is planned home birth with a midwife).

Do you think it could be because I'm pretty sure the baby is breech and that just freaks me out a bit? I feel in my head that if the baby were to turn head down again that maybe I wouldn't be so scared? I've got an appointment with a Webster Certified Chiropractor for Wed(the soonest they could get me in). I've been reading they have great sucess with breech babies turning, so I'm hoping/praying that it will work for us too.

So if you got this far, thank you so much for caring enough to read!! Am I the only one that has had children before and is still scared??

I would love prayers for peace for labor/delivery. I don't want to be scared.

Sara

Homeschooling Mama to 6. Waiting for baby #7 to arrive mid September.
#132 of 319 Old 11-20-2006, 06:02 PM

hugs, every birth is different. My third was very difficult. Please just find time to pray and listen to your heart.
#133 of 319 Old 11-20-2006, 06:03 PM

Our beloved dog has gone missing. Any prayers for a safe return would be greatly appreciated.
#134 of 319 Old 11-20-2006, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranamama View Post
Our beloved dog has gone missing. Any prayers for a safe return would be greatly appreciated.
Praying for a safe return of your dog. Sara

Homeschooling Mama to 6. Waiting for baby #7 to arrive mid September.
#135 of 319 Old 11-25-2006, 11:59 PM

My DH's sister is having a near-Biblical stroke of poor luck. She is quite depressed because of her job environment. HEr kids are very frequently sick, and she has discipline issues with both of them. They moved out of their condo and bought a house 3 years ago, and decided to keep their condo and rent it out due to the hosuing market in our town being bad for sellers back then. But in the last 3 years they have had only 3 renters, one of which completely trashed their condo, and they are unable to track him down to sue him for repairs, so they footed the bill. Now they are between renters again so they have 2 mortgages and their credit card debt is mounting under the pressure of 2 mortgages as well as other bills... They spent last night in the ER with 2 kids with croup, and now this evening their sewer broke and flooded their basement with sewage. The kids have been sent to grandma's, and my SIL just called me about to have a breakdown. the plumbing repairs will be astronomical ( they got a bill today for $10,700), not counting the cleaning and sanitizing costs and flooring replacement. this is the third time this has happened to them. They desperately want to move but can't afford the cost of fixing the house to sellable condition. I dont know how to help her outside of praying my knees raw.. So I could use the help of some prayer warriors! Please pray for health for the kids, financial help and repair assistance, and a new job for SIL.
Thanks!

Lisa: : :
#136 of 319 Old 11-26-2006, 01:06 AM

thanksgiving for a dog home again

Many prayers for change for Lisa's SIL, a great job, healthy family, and repaired plumbing and a mulititude of blessings.
#137 of 319 Old 12-03-2006, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoto2 View Post
Please pray for my dear friend. She gave birth to her second child (a girl) 3 weeks ago. Since then, my sweet friend has been in and out of the hospital with severe complications related to eclampsia and a medical disorder that she has. She is not getting better and infection is ravaging her body. Things appear bleak, and we need a miracle. Please pray that her health be restored and that she be able to return home to her husband, son, and new baby. She is a ray of light in the lives of so many (including mine). Please pray that we do not lose her.
THANK YOU THANK YOU for all of your prayers. After seven + months in the hospital and rehabilitation facilities, my friend returned home to her husband and her children this past weekend. She still has a very long journey ahead of her, re-learning how to walk, eat, etc. but she is cognitively intact and home again with those who love her so. I could not feel more blessed. Thank you!

Wife to my DH Mama to my two girls  hearts.gif'03 and love.gif '06 and my sweet babyboy.gif 3-'10 I am blessed.
#138 of 319 Old 12-03-2006, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoto2 View Post
THANK YOU THANK YOU for all of your prayers. After seven + months in the hospital and rehabilitation facilities, my friend returned home to her husband and her children this past weekend. She still has a very long journey ahead of her, re-learning how to walk, eat, etc. but she is cognitively intact and home again with those who love her so. I could not feel more blessed. Thank you!
PTL! \o/
#139 of 319 Old 12-03-2006, 11:40 PM

a new job for me.
#140 of 319 Old 12-06-2006, 03:22 AM

Please pray for a dear friend of mine. He was run down today but some gangbanging drug addict as he was laying down stopsticks during a chase through our county .

He is NOT one of the types of guys that is always badmouthed here. He was loved by everyone he worked with, treated his prisoners with respect (even watched him talk a pos wifebeater into his car w/o using a bit of force), and has a SO and 11 month old daughter at home.

He had to have emergency surgery in his head for a very large bleed in the lowest level of his brain. He is now in serious condition, and his family was told it could still go either way. I had the pleasure of working with both him and his SO, and am praying for them all. Thank you.

Head covering Pagan-Quaker mama to 6yo DS, and DH. Recent WAHM www.napleshealthadvisers.com
#141 of 319 Old 12-08-2006, 03:20 PM

Zayla and I are about to take a 2-3 day road trip together in a car that's barely alive. Please pray for our safety (I worry about the perverts out there and getting stuck in the middle of nowhere with no cell service). Thanks

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#142 of 319 Old 12-15-2006, 08:12 PM

If anyone can spare thoughts or prayers for our neighbor who is also a cubicle mate of Dh's who has just been diagnosed with agressive melenoma. He is scared witless right now.

TIA
#143 of 319 Old 01-15-2007, 02:08 AM

I have a few requests. If anyone would like to pray, think good thoughts or send any positive energy, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have three animals who are ill. Two, Abigael and Duncan are kitties. Abigael has ongoing issues due to hydrocephalus and can't really walk. Duncan is hospitalized due to a urinary blockage. McKenna, my dog, was diagnosed with bone cancer. We amputated her leg and she's going through chemotherapy.
A good friend of mine was just diagnosed with cancer. She is only in her early 20's.
DH and I have been having serious financial issues and need so much help. We also need a new place to live.
DH has some issues of his own with a sex addicition and anger management. I need a lot of prayer here.
Thanks to all who pray.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#144 of 319 Old 01-17-2007, 10:31 AM

A while back I requested prayer for a friend of a friend who was pregnant with a child who had a brain tumor. Please keep this family in your prayers and feel free to pass this on to anyone else you know who would add them to their prayer list. The prognosis wasn't very good last I heard until I received this email from our mutual friend:
Jess was born! He weighs 8 lbs 5 ounces and is 20 inches long. Mom says he has brown curly hair and that he looks perfect and that he screamed just as soon as he was born so he obviously has some strong lungs.
Jess is currently in the ICU and Mom told me that Dad has been with him since he was born and that they are now waiting for word from their doctor about an MRI.
Mom sounded absolutely awesome and was very happy with her new baby boy. Keep those prayers coming for Mom, Dad, baby and for little sister.
#145 of 319 Old 01-20-2007, 06:31 PM

Thank you all so much for your prayers. To give you an update, little one continues to be in the NICU. Dad has been with him for every feeding since he was born, but Mom has had limited time with him (it's been agonizing for her). The cat scan results came back saying nothing really had changed. Baby is being fed with a feeding tube for now which is so hard on Mom as she wants to at least nurse him. NICU babies are very different in that only short visits are encouraged by the nurses and staff and this makes it sad for his mother and I am sure for babe. His sister has been to the hospital every day but has not actually gotten to see him except through the glass. She cries a lot as she doesn't understand why she can't hold her little brother and is frustrated. Their prayer request is that babe has the strength he needs to keep on fighting. Mine is just for abundant love, peace, comfort and health to each one of them. Please feel free to forward this request to anyone that may be open to praying for them...I figure they could use all of the prayers and good energy they could get.
#146 of 319 Old 01-20-2007, 06:56 PM

Hi everyone,

I am paganish and I believe in the power of prayer and manifesting.

My neighbors have a very dear friend who fell off a ladder and is in very bad shape (serious head trauma, maybe brain damage, not known yet and lots of other issues). He is a wonderful man. A very strong believer in christianity and one who is always doing things to help others. We have been recipients of his generosity and kindness.

I did light a candle for him. Yet I felt compelled to place his story on this list. Please add him to your prayers, thoughts, requests, whatever. Thank you.
#147 of 319 Old 02-03-2007, 04:53 AM

I would appreciate any prayers for continued safety and healing for my oldest dd
#148 of 319 Old 02-05-2007, 01:08 PM

If anyone can spare positive thoughts and prayers for increased health for both myself and my husband they would be much appreciated. We are both fairly young, and our health has been holding us back from much of what we need to do in life.

Thank you all very much.
#149 of 319 Old 02-05-2007, 01:33 PM

I'd like to make a prayer request on behalf of my dear friend. Back in Dec her husband told her he was filing for divorce. My friend didn't see it coming and is completely devistated. She has since found out that he is seeing a coworker and the 2 have been planning this for YEARS. He is now trying to take property that is rightfully hers and also the children. SHe has been a WAHM for the childrens whole life and can't fathom her life without them. As if this isn't bad enough my friend's mother is living with her because she is sick and was diagnosed w/ cancer just 3 weeks ago. She is only being given a few months to live. My friend is also battling lupus which under the stress is flairing up and ia making the daily tasks of tending to her mother and her children difficult. Please pray for her and her beautiful children. This woman is one of the kindest and most giving people I have ever had the privledge of knowing. If you could also pass this request on it would be greatly appreciated.
#150 of 319 Old 02-09-2007, 12:56 PM

Can you please pray for our friend Scott and his family. He received a living-donor liver transplant in September (1/3 of his cousin's liver). He is now re-hospitalized with an antibiotic-resistant infection in the new liver. He needs to be free of fever for 24 hours, and have a clean blood culture, so he can be put on the high priority list for a new liver.

His daughters are in their early teens and really need their daddy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page