Prayer Requests - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 319 Old 05-11-2004, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Please post your request for prayers or other specific spiritual assistance to this thread. This is a thread to post requests only and not for posts of reply or discussion of any manner.

If you wish to respond to a request here that would be better handled through PM to the requesting member.

Peace and Blessings,
~Cynthia

#2 of 319 Old 05-16-2004, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Prayers please....I believe in God and the power of prayer, but I am non-denominational.

I know my issues may not seem big but I am having a hard time.
I am 29 weeks pg and I am not working. I was cleaning houses the first 6 months of my pg but had some back and hips issues that made me unable to continue as well as my growing tummy.
I signed up to be an Usborne book consultant and was very successful my first 3 months but now have nothing coming in and am struggling to get home shows.
My dh works F/T, we have a 4 y/o ds and money is so tight, and dwindling down to nothing in our savings, that was meant for me to have to live on when the new baby came. The new baby is not here yet and I feel really depressed and unclear at exactly what God wants me to do. Somedays I get this overwhelming sense of peace and not to worry, but then other days when reality hits, I am a mess and cannot even focus on the day at hand(like today).
We have a home and are not late or behind on bills, but after all those bills are paid we are left with pretty much nothing.
I have been able to skip a credit card bill(the majority of our stress) payment this month and next since I am not working(can you believe they let me do that?) but after that I do not know what will happen. I know me going out and getting a *job* is really not going to happen as who will hire me with 11 weeks on pg left to go. I am worthless as an employee in the working world.

All I know is I want to be happy right now, I love being pregnant, but feel like I can't be, b/c I am not working and helping to keep our savings supplemented in order for me to be able to stay home with our new baby for some time.
I have been blessed with all the right things for this baby's birth from my care provider(a huge VBAC supporter) to my doula(who is birthing with us for free or I would not be able to have one at all). We have everything we *need* for the baby since we saved all of ds's things(that is as long as it comes out a boy).
I cannot re-fi the house as we did when the rates were really low and it would be silly to lose the rate we have. We have a HEL but it is maxed(not a huge amount) and I do not want to touch that any more.
The only thing I can think to do is start looking around to see what I have that I can sell and I have some ideas to help my book business.
Again forgive me, I know these are not *huge* issues, but for me they are crippling.
I just wish I could win the lotto....I would not even need it all, I would give a lot to charity, friends, family.
I just do not understand where my path is supposed to be going right now.

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#3 of 319 Old 05-21-2004, 03:22 AM

(Thank you Cynthia!)

I need prayers for wisdom and strength.

Also, that my heart continues to change and open more and more. I want to be a loving, inviting, honest & beautiful woman who invites others to the mystery and Love of a Holy God.

And with my family---That I am longsuffering, joyful, creative, and playful in addition to all the above.

There are some physical needs right now. I won't list them here. God knows what they are but if you'd pray for them as well. I'd appreciate it.

#4 of 319 Old 05-26-2004, 04:04 AM

I ask for my Creator's will to be done in my life. That I be a willing vessel, to be used by Him, and that I would be open to acknowlege & recieve all both trials & gifts He has for me.
I specificly ask for a safe outcome for my surgery on 5/27/04 and that I may heal fast, without complication. That we may glorify His Holy name.
That my family can endure this time without me, and for safe travel for my grandparents coming to stay with us & help with the girls. For us all to be held safe in His arms & In His care.

THANK YOU & BLESS YOU!
#5 of 319 Old 06-16-2004, 10:17 PM

Okay, first my ds#1 is on a school trip in Florida right now and even though he is 15, I would appreciate prayers and good thoughts for his (and all the kids on this trip) safety and safe return home.
Secondly, we will soon be leaving for vacation...not a big deal for most people, but I have MCS, multiple chemical sensitivities, and that makes everything much more complicated. In previous years I was too sick too go, then have been doing better and the last few years have been able to go. But last year, the hotels and condo we stayed at have used deoderizers ( Febreeze,Odoban etc.) and I got SO sick last year. Already having some complications trying to make reservations as one place is under reconstruction (very bad for me, and probably not good for anyone) so we had to switch places. Most people are very kind and try to remember not to use the sprays if I request it. Some people just don't get it. And even without the sprays, there are many things "out there" that can set me off. My ds#2 is only 9 and can't swim yet, so I am not comfortable sending him without me as there are alot of people who go, the big guys (dads) all get pretty distracted with the boating, etc. and the one mom I trust, has her hands full watching her 8 yr. old who is a high needs kid. I can't ask her to watch mine, as well, so I will go. Prayers and good thoughts that I can bear this and tolerate all the chemical exposures would be much appreciated. Thanks a bunch! tinybutterfly

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#6 of 319 Old 06-26-2004, 02:09 AM

Hi all-

Will you please pray for me to be healed? I'm embarrased to say anymore, but I need a miracle.

Dp, me dreads.gif  ds#1  goodvibes.gif, ds #2 jog.gif and ds#3 drool.gif

#7 of 319 Old 07-11-2004, 04:21 PM

Please pray that my husbands mission in Iraq is short and that his passage to/from and his time there are spent in safety. Please also pray that I find the strength and courage to be strong for him and my boys while he is away. Thank you so much

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
#8 of 319 Old 07-11-2004, 09:48 PM

I'm grateful today. My husband was raised a Catholic and was forced to go to church as a child. I was raised a Baptist and willingly went to church every sunday. We did not marry in a church and decided very early in our relationship, that we would not sway our children's religious beliefs one way or another. I found out that I am pregnant with our first child on this past Tuesday. We have been married less than a year but are very excited and anticipating the arrival of our Blessing from God. Today my husband and I attended church together at my Baptist Church. THANK YOU LORD!! I am so happy and grateful that he went to church with me and has agreed to continue going. My Husband has not agreed to convert to Baptist. I told him that it is more important to me that we are acknowledging, worshiping and most importantly praying to HIM together.

I am asking for prayer that our pregnancy is healthy. I have been a scared about having a miscarriage. We are six weeks and want to make it through this critical first trimester. I am also asking prayer for our finances. Both of us work at this point. I'm almost positive I want to stay at home with our baby. I am asking that the Lord guide us and help us to manage our finances so that I will be able to stay home.

Our GOD is an awesome GOD, all priases and Glory be to HIM.

I will pray for all of you, that you will have peace of mind, be safe, healthy and fufilled in your lives.

GOD BLESS
#9 of 319 Old 07-14-2004, 03:12 PM

Prayers for me, please please. I am suffering a severe bout of post partum depression. Pray for health, security for my family, and above all peace.

Thank you so much.
#10 of 319 Old 07-28-2004, 01:34 PM

Please pray for my niece Kelly (dh's brother's dd). She is 16 and her mom's boyfriend followed her the other night when she was acting suspicious and she was meeting a guy at an Econo Lodge (I do not know any details whether it was a boyfriend or for money). I am VERY worried about her physical safety and her emotional well-being. She is living with her mom and there are some serious issues there.

I do not see her much anymore and I need God to show me a way to guide her if that is His will.

Thank you!
#11 of 319 Old 08-02-2004, 02:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My friend Taryn had her baby on Friday morning. She was barely breathing (the baby) and had to be put on ventilators. Her heart is weak and they had difficulties at birth getting her heart rate up. Doctors are telling Taryn that it's possible the baby will be on ventilators indefinately. They told her she has to decide whether to keep the baby on them or to "pull the plug" so to speak. I cannot imagine being in her position. Please pray for both her and her baby. Please.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#12 of 319 Old 08-15-2004, 02:10 PM

I just found out that my Grandmother, who is 86 yo, has lung cancer. She is not a believer in Christ, but I believe in His healing powers to help her and my family through this tragedy. She has huge masses in both of her lungs, and I pray that she will find some comfort and peace. She is still in denial, and keeps telling the docs that she is fine- Please pray for her and for my family.

I pray that Christ will provide the shelter and guidence that we need through this ordeal.

thank you, Cynthia for having this thread.

and thank you all for your kind prayers.
#13 of 319 Old 08-19-2004, 10:43 PM

I know two women who on the same day (8/15) both had severe complications with HELLP and their babies were delivered two months early. One is a friend named Val in Virginia, the other is DH's cousin named Andrea in Tennessee. Please pray for them and their tiny babies.
#14 of 319 Old 08-22-2004, 04:38 PM

I need everyone to pray for my husbands' job. There has been a misunderstandng and we need your positive prayers/ intentions/ blessings for reconsiliation and truth to us/ for everyone involved.

Thanks, Michelle
#15 of 319 Old 08-22-2004, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
This is a small thing for most but huge to me.
I would like to ask for your prayers that I get pregnant soon. I am running out of energy to keep trying and have been trying for 2.5 years now. Not as long as a lot of women, but still a very long time. Our insurance doesn't cover the next step for fertility treatments, and frankly I would like to not go that route if possible. But if it will end in a baby, I will.

I feel like I am coming to the end of my rope with this. I could use prayers for patience, the ability to continue, and above all to conceive a baby.

Again, I know this is a small thing compared to other things on this thread, but it seems huge to me. Thank you all so much.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#16 of 319 Old 09-03-2004, 09:52 PM

I ask that everyone please pray for the victims of today's terrorist attack in Russia.

Mothers
Fathers
Sisters
Brothers
Babies
Uncles
Cousins
Aunts
Friends
Grandparents

They could all use our love.
#17 of 319 Old 09-28-2004, 07:45 PM

My friend's 3year old daughter was admitted to the hospital-for kidney pain. They said her one kidney is 8x the size it should be. The little passage ways that connect the kidney to the bladder apparently haven't been growing correctly and so its like their pinched. Because of that one of her kidneys has swelled up and is not working. The doctor said they were lucky that it hadn't rupcured (sp?) because it could have if she would've gotten kicked or fell. They said she's going to have to have surgery on both kidneys She will probably have to be there for a few weeks-poor little girl!
Please add this little girl, Gianna, into your prayers!!

Thanx so much!

RayRay-

Life Learning Momma to DS17, DS16,DS9jumpers.gifas well a dog, a cat, two birds...ttc babygirl.gif homeschool.gifnamaste.gif
#18 of 319 Old 09-30-2004, 04:01 AM

My DD Taylor has to go under GA for work done on her teeth. Please pray for us that all will go well.
Thank you.
Charmaine
#19 of 319 Old 10-08-2004, 12:02 AM

Hi, all.

I consider myself a spiritual person, but I haven't quite found my "calling" yet. So I'm not quite sure how to go about this. Whatever form your "prayer" may take (chanting, dancing, kneeling, or just a moment of silence), I sure could use a little of it (for my sis and her dh).

My sis's dh has cancer (I believe it's multiple myeloma). He is not doing well, and will be having a stem cell transplant next week.

To top it all off, his family is just full of stinkers. They're pretty unkind to her.

My pain is obviously for him, but so much more for my lil sis. She's so tough (on the outside), and is one of the most intelligent people I know. I've no doubt she can take care of every little thing that needs to be done. My worry is the chaos that must be going on in her soul. So I guess my "prayer" request would be....please give my sister's spirit a sense of order/inner peace/calm.

Thank you for your kindness...
#20 of 319 Old 10-12-2004, 04:27 PM

Please pray for my brother and his friend/teammate who, I just found out, was recently hospitalized after a fall.... he's 19 years old, they were on the highschool swimteam together, and his friend was looking towards a bright future... college swimming career I believe, and will more than likely be paralyzed for life now. My brother is really shooken up, as is, I'm sure, the boy and his family. We're all praying for a miracle, and peace for the boy, his mother and father, siblings, and friends. Thank you.

Single student mama to dd 5/04 and ds 11/07.

#21 of 319 Old 10-31-2004, 08:18 PM

I understand that this may happen for a lot of women, but I have a cousin who needs prayers. She's a very strong woman but has a colicy newborn and a 1-year-old, her dh works extremely long hours and she's having trouble coping. Thank you.

Single student mama to dd 5/04 and ds 11/07.

#22 of 319 Old 11-01-2004, 05:19 PM

I'm new here but I really need some prayer today. I am a Charasmatic Christian who has been in a dark place for far too long. I'm battling what was initially PPD but after 1.5 yrs it's probably more than that. I feel very alone and too much of a failure to ask the people in my new community for support. I've always been the fixer, giver, supporter, organizer, caretaker, leader, etc. I just can't seem to help, fix, support or lead myself out of this.

Please pray as the Lord leads.

Thanks.
#23 of 319 Old 12-09-2004, 01:50 PM

I would love if anyone can remember to pray(in any context) for my brother who is very sick witk cancer. The docs do not know where the cancer is stemming from but his liver is greatly dis-eased.
He is a wonderful dad of 3 kids, a mentor to his jr-high students, and the high school football coach in his small town..
many thanks
#24 of 319 Old 12-10-2004, 12:07 AM

Please see this thread: a new mother desperately needs help.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=225027
#25 of 319 Old 12-15-2004, 03:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
This is not a healing prayer, just a good vibes prayer request! We have a meeting tomorrow with our biggest client and we have heard the new is not in our favor, so I just wanted to send some good prayer vibes our businesses way Thanks!

Ang

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks
#26 of 319 Old 12-18-2004, 09:50 AM

Please prayer for and keep in your thoughts one of our members, Solange (aka APmama). Please send her many, many good thoughts and much love.
#27 of 319 Old 12-19-2004, 04:56 PM

My friend's 18 month old daughter has leukemia. Last week we thought she was in remission, this week they found cancer cells in her brain. This baby and her mommy have fought so very hard to beat this disease. This news is very devastating and disheartening at this point because her chances of survival are dwindling (according to the docs). Her mother prays every day at 1 pm EST, please join us in doing the same.

The baby's name is Amina and her mother's name is Ann. If you have anyone else that you may be able to get to pray for her (maybe a mention at your church's service, synaguoge, or mosque) I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
#28 of 319 Old 12-19-2004, 05:29 PM

#29 of 319 Old 12-19-2004, 11:00 PM

#30 of 319 Old 12-29-2004, 01:09 AM

I'm so sorry...I'll put her name on the list at synagogue.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page