Christ Followers/Seekers/ plain ol' Christian thread--all are welcome - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-15-2005, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pray for me mamas. I just deleted an entire post that I worked very hard on in another thread and my entire signature out of frustration. I am literally sitting here fighting tears and I never do that over these boards anymore. I feel so victimized. Just pray for me. I know I can find strength in God and that He will sustain me; I'm just so frustrated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2005, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmamacita

As far as the principalities? That is a paraphrase from a verse in the Bible that I love. Christians somehow think the battle is about Christians vs. non-Christians...that somehow if they just make more rules, convert people no matter how it is done, and everyone has the same morals and everyone goes to church then the battle has been won.

But that is a lie. THe battle on this earth is not about people and what they DO. Its not about making people Christian or American or straight.
Hello sister, here are the verses you referred to:
Romans 8:38-39
For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, not things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

We have a young people's song based on these verses that I love.
Here it is:

For I'm persuaded to believe
Nothing can separate us
From the wonderful love of God;
For the Lord who has called us
According to His purpose
Works all things together for good;
Neither height nor depth,
Nor principalities,
Things present, nor things to come,
Though the devil hate us,
He can never separate us
From the wonderful love of God.

I looked up "principalities" in a Bible Dictionary and it refers to an order of powerful angels and deamons.
Quote:
GOd is not about externals, He/She is about our heart changing and knowing God and being known by God. There is more to what and who I believe God is. I also believe, and this is where you may think I am (but don't ya already) that there are forces working against Truth that none of us can see. And that is precisely where the Battle is. OFtentimes, I have experienced, those unseen forces to appear upstanding and Christian but to really do tremendous Damage to people in their pursuit of God. Oh, I know I am walking on dangerous ground and/or not making sense to some so i'll stop here...
God's purpose is to work Himself as life into us. Satan certainly fights against this.

God is absolutely wonderful and terrific!
Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord. 2 Timothy 1:8
Old 03-15-2005, 09:40 PM

Praying for you tracymom.

Old 03-16-2005, 12:01 AM

Thanks 7in7. It means a lot. I am calming down considerably as the hours pass. Perhaps soon I can post normally again.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:11 AM - Thread Starter

:
Old 03-16-2005, 06:08 AM

Hi all I'm new to this thread. My though was to come in here and introduce this week but now I lack words. All that I can say is AMEN!
Hotmamacita, you really inspired me with that post. see I saw that story to. And I sobbed for an hour after that. Not only did I sob for the people that lost their lives but also for the man who killed them and his life. I sobbed because of his background and for his desperate action. And I sobbed for myself knowing that I have the power in the Lord Jesus Christ to make a difference for people like him before the situation becomes like his. I’m still crying and I must say THANK you for opening our eyes and heartand sharing of your thoughts and the word. Continue with your encouraging posts they really touches me and a lot of other people around here!
/June
Old 03-16-2005, 06:30 AM

Welcome June!

Hotmamacita - Your post was so uplifting ! Thank you so much! You really brought out the importance of telling others of the freedom they can have in Christ. It is such an awesome freedom! We serve such an awesome God!
Old 03-16-2005, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

wow mamas. thank you for your encouragement. a part of me is surprised that i would encourage anyone but another part of me isn't surprised at all. i am a woman of many parts. :

this morning God put on my heart to take a break form MDC for the day and lean into my children and my house. the latter is something i really struggle with. the whole domestic aspect of staying home.

there is freedom in honoring His direction but I DO love the women here and often pray for som many of them, you, when I am away from the little black box....

anyway, thanks again for the encouragement. (he's kinda cute)
Old 03-16-2005, 01:55 PM

:

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
Old 03-16-2005, 02:19 PM

Wanted to ask has anyone read Believing God by Beth Moore?

I am almost finished with The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren and when I am, I may pick up the Beth Moore study. A friend recommended it...but I am wondering whether or not I want to do another study book right now or just read my Bible or what. I'm not sure. I don't post here much, mostly lurk now and then...but would appreciate any feedback you all might have about the book. Thanks. TB

Old 03-16-2005, 04:57 PM

nak - I have not read that book but I think Beth Moore is very insightful. I've done most of her Breaking the Chains devotional and some of a different one...I'm going to see her speak in May...

Meghan, mom to 11yo, 8yo, and 3yo 

Old 03-17-2005, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

I am not into Beth Moore but I certainly do not dislike her. I just don't have enough exposure to her as a writer or teacher. I did a study of hers for a few weeks and the style wasn't something I cared for at the time.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:36 AM

WOW! I thought I was the only person on the planet that just can't get into Beth Moore. Everyone raves about her but her style just does not reach me. I did hear her speak once and thought that she communicated better in person than through her studies.

Back to lurking...
Old 03-25-2005, 03:28 PM

Hi mamas,

I posted here once or twice, maybe a year ago. I spend most of my time over on life with a babe (Now, I used to be on the pregnancy threads all the time) and breastfeeding.

I'm currently a WOHM while DH is in seminary. He's got 1 more year to go. It's nice to see Christian mamas posting all over the place. I'm glad there are crunchy Christians. Most of my friends here are SO not crunchy, and the 1 who is isn't anywhere near me in terms of crunchiness!

I find it hard to keep up with this thread because it's SO long, but if y'all wouldn't mind sending up a prayer or 2 for me, I'd really appreciate it. I really want to stay home. I'm working in a terrible situation and I feel so spiritually attacked here. I had to go home earlier this week because of a panic attack. It's so hard and my baby just wants her mama so much. UGH it's too much to think about doing for a whole year more. Dh is supportive, we've pretty much decided I should quit and we'll live by faith, but still, prayers would really help.

slingboy.gifTaking care of 2 girls:energy.gifblahblah.gifb& a babyboy.gif born on his mama's birthday and a few chicken3.gif
Old 03-25-2005, 04:06 PM

I'm sorry about your situation! Your baby is only 2 wks. older than mine...I can just imagine how you're feeling. Prayed for you.

Meghan, mom to 11yo, 8yo, and 3yo 

Old 03-26-2005, 11:32 AM

Father I lift Hilary 122 up to you. I thank You for Hilary122, I thank you for the love and the care your surround here with in times of trial. I ask you to step in and give Hilary protection so that the enemy can't hurt her. I thank you for her lovely daughter and that she is protected by you. I speak peace over this situation and ask you to lead here in the right direction and that you will talk to her, show here new ways and paths and give her the strength she needs, that you will see her situation. Only you know her heart and only you know what's best for her. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ Amen!

I really feel for you praying that your situation will inprove Blessings/June
Old 03-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Banned

Happy Easter. Today in church I'm going to try and focus what Christ has done for me on the cross and less on the activity around me. I tend to get distracted very easily.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

You do? :LOL

You are not alone.

ENjoy your time of worship and HAPPY EASTER!!!!

I am not going to Church today. I am staying home with my pox ridden boys and playing with them and eating their candy on the sly. : Not really on the sly, but that was fun to type.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Actually, the girls are home with me too. DD1 is all dressed up but doesn't want to go to church without mama, DD2 is still sleeping and has NO idea that a little bunny stopped by last night....

DH is church now. : I really Hope our Lord humbles him more and invites him to deeper relationship with Himself. That can occur anytime, anywhere and doesn't need to occur in CHurch or some building...but I am so Hopeful about the Easter message will deeply move him further down his journey of Freedom....

Okay, back to playing with my kiddos....

Happy Easter everyone.....
Old 03-27-2005, 03:18 PM

I had a fantastic journey with Christ today !
I really got the message and even though I'm not going to type the whole experience down, I can truly say that what he did for me has me so overwhelmed. There is so much more to it then what I ever thought.

Hotmamacita I really hope that you dh will come closer to the lord today ! Hugs to your boys hope they will get better soon.

Happy Easter to all !
Old 03-27-2005, 06:00 PM

Hotmamacita...you got chicken pox at your house? We had that here a couple of months ago. Hope they are feeling fine soon!

I made it to church today and was glad to go.Ruby, I get distracted easily, too...hard to stop the running "chatter" in my head...

Happy Easter, all!

Old 03-30-2005, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your prayers mamas.

Old 04-01-2005, 10:16 AM
Banned

I would like to ask for a prayer request for a friend who maybe adopting an older child this week. She has a very tender heart towards children. Pray that this adoption goes okay because the child needs a save home.

Question, what does freedom in Christ mean to you? I wrestle with this.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Great question Ruby.

I'll be praying and will post my thoughts on your question later. Short on time right now.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:49 AM

me, too, Ruby. I have thoughts but am too foggy lately to express them. Soon. I am : and : for Charmarty's friend Laurie, as well; for some reason that has really been put on my heart this week.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:33 PM

Hi Ruby, I need to think some to, me and B/f just had a great discussion that involves what you thought about. I just wanted you to know that I did see and acknowledged(sp?) your post.

To all Christian mamas out there
Old 04-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Banned

Good post nursing mom. I like being free from the bondage of sin. There are certain sins that was in my life that no longer tempt me, I still have others to deal with. That concept of freedom I understand. I have a little harder time with what liberties we take in our life because of freedom in Christ.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:40 AM - Thread Starter

Free to dance in the face of shame.

Only have a minute--so I apologize in advance if I make errors, blunders and all that...

but this morning I met a friend early at a coffee shop. she was telling me that her favorite book was the scarlet letter (hawthorne). i asked her why and she told me how the woman who had to wear an A for adultery on her chest not only wore it but made different ones and embellished them. i got goosebumps. my friend and i had just been talking about how shame in the form of a list can come up and stare us down at moments. after she told me about the woman embellishing her scarlet A, i said "that's awesome. we should have such a response to our lists."

anyway, i went after that meeting to our local library and got the scarlet letter to read. the woman who checked me out was all upset with me b.c i forgot my library card and proceeded to attempt to shame me AND even said "tisk, tisk, tisk....SHAME ON YOU." it wasn't at all playful. my dd looked at me and said "why did she want to put shame on you mama?" i wanted to say to the woman?" NO THERE IS NO SHAME ON ME and do a little freedom dance.

I was silent and talked to my dd about it after we left. And after than I called my friend who I had met earlier and we laughed and laughed about the irony of the interaction.

BUt see, I really feel that freedom in Christ means to a large degree...freedom from the shame that condemns me. There is more I feel it means but I am out of time and need to go to bed.

Old 04-06-2005, 02:32 AM

Nursing Mother..... I think I love you!!! What an awesome post. (I need that hanging in my room too!)

And HM- TskTsk on that libraian..... :LOL
Old 04-06-2005, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursing Mother
...I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances...
Thanks! I needed that one today!

User Tag List