Christ Followers/Seekers/ plain ol' Christian thread--all are welcome - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 1377 Old 06-18-2004, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmamacita
But baseball is SOOOO spiritual. At least to DH and I think to DaryLLL as well. That is probably another reason why DH and DaryLLL are kindred spirits....
Sometimes I forget that everyone doesn't break out cursing and calling down hellfire everytime they see the Yankees and that demon Jeter.
#62 of 1377 Old 06-19-2004, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

GASP. a ? But he is one CUTE demon and a darn excellent baseball player....
#63 of 1377 Old 06-19-2004, 04:00 AM

I'm here too! I was wondering why I wasn't getting email reminders for the other thread. Been wondering about nursing mother. Hope she's feeling better.

About the regs here, I read the sticky, and it seems they want this to be a welcoming, encouraging, supporting forum, not one where people are trying to convert others or jumping into threads and asking inflamatory questions just for the heck of it. Like if I jumped into the jehovah's witnesses thread (which is still in FYT, btw) and asked, "Hey, how did I get on the list to be hounded by you guys and how do I get off of it? Why do you believe this junk anyway? I just read your track and it's totally crazy! [insert more disrespectful, inflamatory comments here]." I think that's what they are wanting to keep away from. Oh, and someone popping in the pagan thread and preaching about Jesus. Anyway, just wanted to give my take on the rules. Not sure why we got moved since this is my "tribe", but anyway... As long as everyone "plays nice"!

Do you think it would be appropriate to give my dh "The purpose driven life" for us to read together when we haven't done that in years?? I mean for Father's Day. I'm racking my brain for a good gift, and we both need to focus more on Christ and be more faithful in studying the Word. We've both been horrible about that. anyway, I'm wondering what he'd think if I did that.

OH, and I love reading y'all's testimonies. amazing.

ETA: You can't call anone "lost" either. Not sure I'll post much since there's so many rules, and I might get in trouble again.
#64 of 1377 Old 06-19-2004, 12:23 PM

Just found this thread (not that I'd ever checked out rollcall in FYT).

I've been a Christian since I was 17 (I'm now 24) -- I was raised by lapsed Catholics and while I'd always believed in God and Jesus dying on the cross for me, it wasn't until I started dating DH that I realized I needed to "do" something about it, and accept Christ as my Savior.

As you can see by my sig, I'm not yet a mama, which makes me really sad because I really feel God wants DH and me to be parents. We TTCed earlier this year, but stopped when we realized TTC had taken over our lives and we were major stress cases. We've always had a heart for adoption, thinking that we'd add to our family through international adoption once we had a couple bio children. However, after time in prayer, we've decided to start our family through adoption instead, and are hoping to adopt a little boy from Ukraine in about 2-1/2 years. Prayers for this would be appreciated.

I'm so glad I've found this thread -- you all sound like a bunch of wonderful mamas (some a little baseball-obsessed, though :LOL).

Kimberly: blogging wife to Todd and work-at-home-struggling-with-work/life-balance adoptive mama to Adam (2005) and Leah (2008)
#65 of 1377 Old 06-19-2004, 01:45 PM

Hi Kimberly!!!
Nice to meet ya!!

Dont worry, some of us arent even CLOSE to being obsessed with Baseball (Whats a powerplay, anyway!?!?) And *IF* I were a baseball fan, then I would simply have no choice but to be a Doger's Fan, since my DH is obsessed & has been since about 5 years old!! :LOL

Although when I first met him & after I said "sure, I like baseball" He asked who my 'team' was........ I said "uhhhhhhhhhh. I guess the Giants...." :LOL

The only way I knew them from a basketball team was cause I had previously been engaged to Their picher's Brother!! :

OHH! and thats AWEOSOME about your adoption.....The Lord will call you to your children. AND Id totally start the process at LEAST a year before you plan to bring a child home!! I have friends that have been waiting for their daughter now from (i think India) for about 16 mos...... looks like it will be another 6 too..... So get on it!
#66 of 1377 Old 06-19-2004, 02:21 PM

Kimberly, that's awesome about the adoption. There are SO many children out there who need love and stability.

I definitely not in the baseball obsessed crowd, but I am a Braves fan!
#67 of 1377 Old 06-19-2004, 03:30 PM

My younger son played t-ball one year, then baseball another year and I went to all HIS games, but I don't think that counts. I went to a St. Louis Cardinals game once when I was kid. My uncle and my dad took me. And my brother played Little League when he was a boy. That's it.Definately not enough to be a baseball fanatic. But I am obsessed with chocolate, so I do have a hobby. Going on vacation and would like to ask for prayers. It's a big deal. Oh, and my ds#1 just called to be picked up from his school trip. Home safe and sound. Thanks! Bye! tinybutterfly

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#68 of 1377 Old 06-19-2004, 04:19 PM

Has anyone read the book Supernatural Childbirth by Jackie Mize? I just bought it off Ebay and read the whole thing in one sitting when it arrived (it's a short book). I found the concepts fascinating, about how God's people don't have to experience pain in childbirth because Jesus' death on the cross has redeemed us from the curse. The author bases all her teaching on scripture. (Click on the link at the bottom of this post to read a little more about what exactly she teaches; I didn't do a very good job of summarizing it.)

But the thing that makes me uncertain is that non-Christian women have also experienced pain-free childbirth when they educated themselves about the labor process (to dispell fear of the unknown) and then during labor itself, they refused to be afraid and just relaxed.

So... I wrote author Jackie Mize an email and maybe she'll get the time to reply. But I was wondering if any other Christian mamas have read this book, whether it was helpful for you, and whether you think that pain-free childbirth is a God-thing or just a relaxation thing. I'm praying about this and trying to discern the truth of the matter. Thanks to anyone who has input =)

Here is the website for the ministries of Jackie and Terry Mize: http://www.terrymizeministries.org/
#69 of 1377 Old 06-19-2004, 04:39 PM

I haven't read it! It sounds interesting. FWIW, my ds' birth was not painful until crowning, so basically only the 30 minutes where I went from 9cm to baby and placenta already birthed were painful...

I am a Christian, but haven't read that book. I do think having gone through birth once previously and also having read lots of info on birthing helped so much because I understand what was happening (also being mobile this time helped tremendously). The concept that birth shouldn't be painful is an interesting concept.

I'd love to hear more.
#70 of 1377 Old 06-19-2004, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

: Welcome everyone.

Haven't read that book. I struggle with books like that. I haven't read it so I can't really talk about it. But on the whole, I do not think, while we are free from the eternal consequences of sin, that we are free from sin or pain. In fact, suffering is something that many Christians and mature ones at that go through and become more like Christ as a result.

I do think it is possible to have no pains in childbearing but not due to a spiritual formula. Yet, I wouldn't put it past a Holy God to write an awesome relaxation technique into His word. Basically, if the book is implying that spiritually obediant or mature women will not experience pain, then I disagree with premise.

I mean no disrespect at all. This happens to be one of my....I don't know how to put it well....hot buttons? Irritation really, with Christianity. So please read my words with that in mind. I just don't think we can have heaven here on earth. While we CAN experience PROFOUND joy and freedom because of Our Lord and the Cross in our lives, we cannot create Heaven on Earth. When Christians say in response to all sorts of pain, "oh you can just ____________ and have no pain." I ache. I think suffering is an intimate part of relationship with Christ. Suffering is NOT a requirement but it is a reality in some peoples lives.

Just my opinion and if anyone feels offended by my words, please let me know and I will edit.

With love and hope my sista' friends,
#71 of 1377 Old 06-19-2004, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Kimberly. I am glad you found us.
#72 of 1377 Old 06-20-2004, 01:32 AM

I have read it at Hastings (so not entirely), but I have a *real* problem w/ the premise. I don't believe that Christ's death means we won't have to feel physical pain. The next line of thought is that if you are a Christian and feeling pain, then you must not believe enough or maybe God doesn't love you enough, which just aren't true. Reading it made me feel more like a failure since I did have pain during birth, or like I'm supposed to achieve some unreal expectation. I'd write more but need to go...
#73 of 1377 Old 06-20-2004, 03:35 PM

I totally agree, Hotmama and Emmajean.
#74 of 1377 Old 06-20-2004, 03:37 PM

me too..... Er.... three.
#75 of 1377 Old 06-21-2004, 02:51 PM

I'm here! I've been MIA from Mothering for a while, but hope to be back now.

Anne wife to Phil & mama to Katie
Velvet Blue ::: Seattle Baby/Child/Family Portraits
#76 of 1377 Old 06-21-2004, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Taedareth.....please, please, please don't let our opinion scare you off.

We are glad and thankful to have all sorts of Believers and non-Believers here. We can and do learn a lot from each other...but we can be a lively bunch ESP if you ask us our opinion. On the whole, there is MUCH love here....

Aahree---- YEAH, you are back. How have you been?
#77 of 1377 Old 06-21-2004, 04:27 PM

Hi everyone. Glad I finally popped into spirituality and found you, although I must admit the discussion in FYT led me here. I've stayed away from this area as I expected there to be alot of new-agey postings and not really anyone I would realate to in my religious beliefs. Glad to see I was wrong.
#78 of 1377 Old 06-21-2004, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Checking in. I've been a Christian for about six years now. We're actually getting ready to head out to Creation Fest East tomorrow. I'll be back late Saturday.

I had the first meeting of our moms' Bible study group at my house today. We're going to be reading through Professionalizing Motherhood by Jill Savage. It's a cool book. This is it:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0310...42#reader-link

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#79 of 1377 Old 06-21-2004, 09:28 PM

Let us know how you like it pathui! I see the fwd is by Liz Curtis Higgs... I enjoyed her Bad Girls of the Bible and her fiction as well.
#80 of 1377 Old 06-22-2004, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Hi greymama Welcome.

Hi Phat....

How is everyone doing?
#81 of 1377 Old 06-22-2004, 02:54 PM

WELCOME Mammas!!

Reason I wasnt around at all yesterday, was that My beloved German Shepard died yesterday.........

I am still in shock & SOOOOOOO upset. It has effected me soo much I just keep bawling. EVERYTHING makes me think of her! I keep having to rationalize it all over every 1/2 hour or so..... I am in SHOCK.

Not to mention the fact that I am now left with 7 puppies to mother that are only 4 weeks old... I want my Kyah back!!!!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!

She cut her leg down to the tendon, trying to go under our chain-length fence into the garden.... and it was gonna cost us 350 bucks for surgery!! AND we couldnt afford it AND she already had another genetic problem common to shepards anyway.... NO CURE for it. so it was a matter of time for her anyway because of her quality of life. (wich has been decent up till now) But this was the last straw.... There wasnt any way we could afford it andthen possibly end up putting her down in a matter of months...possibly a year.. It was inevitable. A matter of WHEN, not IF.

And <sniffle, sniffle> the surgery could have not been a sucess either, so then Id end up right back there anyhow.

So ........ I .......... made.......... the ....... call ..........

I signed her over!!!

OHHH THE GUILT!!

Oh the "what IF's!!"

PRAY for me, PLEASE!! And Kayleigh- my 3yo. Keeps askin where Kyah is...
I tld her the truth, well that she had a bad owie they couldnt fix & now she's gone. She died & is in doggy heaven (though I believe animals have no souls-since they weren't created in Gods immage) But it was the best I could do. She still wants us to go "Get her & Bring her home"
#82 of 1377 Old 06-22-2004, 03:16 PM

[
#83 of 1377 Old 06-22-2004, 05:51 PM

Oh, Ms.Doula, I'm so sorry about the loss of your dear Kyah. Praying for God's comfort for you and your family and wisdom in explaining things to Kayleigh.

I've spent most of the day being terribly unproductive work-wise. I've got rather horrendous cramps so I've been "laying low", as it happens. I've not done any "paid work" but got a bunch done on a pair of knitted soaker shorts and spent way too much time on these forums.

Kimberly: blogging wife to Todd and work-at-home-struggling-with-work/life-balance adoptive mama to Adam (2005) and Leah (2008)
#84 of 1377 Old 06-22-2004, 06:32 PM

A Christian my whole life here, and I just wanna say that the Lord is truly amazing and awesome. A friend and a father. I don't know what I would do without Him.
#85 of 1377 Old 06-22-2004, 10:04 PM

Melissa! And seven puppies... wow. My mom has one puppy right now and it's a lot of work! :

NM- I've been thinking of you and wondering how you are.

Hi everyone else!
#86 of 1377 Old 06-22-2004, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursing Mother
hotmamacita, thanks for starting this thread. The more I get to know you, the more I see Jesus in you......I love your humble and kind way of speaking. I never really knew you much before.
Thank you.
#87 of 1377 Old 06-23-2004, 12:20 AM

[
#88 of 1377 Old 06-23-2004, 01:55 PM
Banned

Ms. doula I lost my best dog of 11 years 2 years ago. I wish we lived close I would be more than happy to help bottle feed a couple pups. Oldest dd has bottlefeed a few kittens and is so good with animals.

NM
#89 of 1377 Old 06-23-2004, 02:05 PM

Thanks, SQ!! It is tiresome. I am starting them on Iams Large Breed Puppy food (dry) and mixing it with water/formula.... letting it sit for a half hour so its almost mush.... I figured they were about ready anyway.... 4 weeks & their teeth are now popping through...

NM- I have yet to share my story about loosing my Precious daughter......
I will. When I am not 'nursing' puppies in adition to my own two..... :tandem :LOL
It will be very soon, I promise! (I'll try to write this weekend) Or you could always call me!!

Let me just say that our Lord, YHWH, is Faithful! He is oh so generous of the things we need. He loves to give freely to us, we need only to ask. I would not be here today, if it wasn't for the Lords' faithfullness and Agape Love! And Let alone, Married, to a man re-dedicated to Christ nonetheless. With two little girls ages almost 3 & almost 2 yo. who sing worship with me everyday & who claim to love Jesus too!?!?

When I get to a point that I just CAN'T go on.......
I get on my knees and scream, beg & cry out. :

It is *IN* brokenness, that I find my Savior's Heart.....
#90 of 1377 Old 06-23-2004, 02:52 PM

Prayed for you Ms. Doula.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page