Bible verses re vaccinations? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-07-2004, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live in Kansas and the only exemption from vaccanations is a religious exemption. Does any one know any bible verses I can refer to that discusses anything of that matter? I want to take the exemption... but I want to be honest (well, honest as possible) about it.

Dp, me dreads.gif  ds#1  goodvibes.gif, ds #2 jog.gif and ds#3 drool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2004, 03:03 PM

If your denomination is against abortion (as is Catholicism), then find some evidence that vaxes are grown on aborted fetal tissue. I plan to use that as a religious excemption since I am strongly anti-abortion and feel that aborted fetuses are still babies.

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
Old 07-07-2004, 07:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
From what I've seen on th forms, you don't have to particularly argue why your religion is against vaccination. You just have to state that you're in whatever religion and that it is against vaccination. Some states may have you provide something from the clergy and may have you show proof that you really do go to that church. {happy to be corrected if I off on this.}

We are using the religious/philosophical excemption for the chicken pox vaccine from the philosophical angle. The school administration lady hardly even looked at it when I registered DD for Kindergarten. How many states really push the issue once the parents have signed the card?

"What will you do once you know?"
Old 07-07-2004, 10:07 PM

from vaclib.org re: exemption forms

Quote:
Pupil is of a religion whose teachings are opposed to immunizations – the school reserves the right to require verification by the clergy of the religious tenets that preclude immunizations.
I took that to mean you don't HAVE to have a clergy signature. The school may push the issue and raise a hassle. If you hand over the exemption card with an air of authority and NO apologies I doubt they'll bother you. As with any exemption card if an outbreak occurs the school has the right to send your child home. Again , as with most laws the term "outbreak" is subjective.

Get your exemption form here:
http://www.kdhe.state.ks.us/bcclr/forms/CCL.007 Exemption from Immunization 8-2002.pdf

quick edit:
Kansas does allow medical exemptions. Medical exemps are nearly impossible to get in any state though. I'd fill out the religious one instead.
medical exemptions here : http://www.kdhe.state.ks.us/immunize...kci_form_b.pdf
Old 07-09-2004, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

thanks ladies! last night i thought of "treat your body as a temple". i don't want that crap going into my child!

Old 07-10-2004, 02:56 PM

You can claim a religious exemption and not have to state your religion. Being asked your religion by anyone is against your Constitutional rights. Simply say something like we are choosing not to vaccinate as it is against our religious beliefs. That's it. The more info you offer, the harder it gets. Good luck!
Old 07-11-2004, 12:08 AM

I do use "the Body is a temple of the living God " in my speaking of why I do not vaccinate--as well as it is not natural immunity--I can not think of the Bible verses that I have seen quoted ---someones exemption form on the vaccination forum had several listed.Try a search in the vaccinations forum only with the search words --Religious Exemptions -see what comes up.

::
momma to 4
Old 07-11-2004, 02:04 PM

Old 07-11-2004, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Fyrflymommy-

I can't seem to get that link to work... will you try again?

Old 07-11-2004, 06:58 PM

i pm'ed you.

User Tag List