JW Mamas Part III - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 542 Old 09-25-2006, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay more mommies!!!! Hello mommies!!!

New David pictures are up! The ones of us....those were taken at Meteor Crater. There was a goofy background you could get your picture taken in front of to make it look like you were down in the crater.....then hubby wanted his picture taken with the astronaut so that's why that's there....hard to cut out the flag lol.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y19...David/?start=0

I'm still working on uploading the Grand Canyon, Bedrock City, and Meteor Crater pictures....there's nothing very spectacular to be honest....I don't have the greatest camera so GC and MC don't look like they should.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 542 Old 09-26-2006, 05:49 PM

David is getting SO big! What a cutie pie!

Nice to hear the stories of the "new ones" here too!

My life is the same, pretty much. Not too much new....just taking it day by day and praying for Jah to sustain.
#123 of 542 Old 10-07-2006, 09:09 PM

Hi everyone! I'm new here and just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Stephanie and I have a six month old dd and my dh. My dh was brought up in the truth and I have become more interested in it and I have been studying for the last few months and love it so far! I'm glad to have found this thread and I hope to make new friends here, anyone in the Victoria Texas area?

Stephanienut.gif, RT, Mama to Jenergy.gif (4/06), Nfencing.gif (9/10), and someone new stork-girl.gif (2/14), partner to Vdrum.gif and Learning to take it one day at a timepraying.gif 
#124 of 542 Old 10-08-2006, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph66 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new here and just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Stephanie and I have a six month old dd and my dh. My dh was brought up in the truth and I have become more interested in it and I have been studying for the last few months and love it so far! I'm glad to have found this thread and I hope to make new friends here, anyone in the Victoria Texas area?

Steph!!

My DH was born and raised in Victoria and we lived there untill about 4 years ago!!
My mom, my brothers and sister live in Victoria still.
My in-laws just moved from Victoria to New Braunfels.
And my brother and sister in law are in Victoria still.. well for now.

all from the Riverside congregation.

ohhh you sooooooo have to PM me! or e-mail me.

- Casandra
#125 of 542 Old 10-08-2006, 11:47 AM

That is so cool! I actually go to riverside!! WOW!! Do you guys come down to visit often? What a small world afterall! LOL!!

Stephanienut.gif, RT, Mama to Jenergy.gif (4/06), Nfencing.gif (9/10), and someone new stork-girl.gif (2/14), partner to Vdrum.gif and Learning to take it one day at a timepraying.gif 
#126 of 542 Old 10-08-2006, 11:49 AM

wryknow's lived EVERYwhere!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#127 of 542 Old 10-08-2006, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
wryknow's lived EVERYwhere!

Well, I've never been west of Sea World San Antonio :

Oh wow Steph!!

We visit liek twice a year on avg. I guess. Actually I was going to be going down next weekend, but now my mom is goign to be meetign me half-way to drop off my sister to visit me.

this is sooo exciting!
#128 of 542 Old 10-09-2006, 02:11 PM

WOW! I had mentioned you to the lady that i study with today and she knew exactly who you are! She is your sister in law!! This is too crazy!! She said you are married to her brother in law, her name is leslie. Isn't this too crazy?!! I am totally tripping over here! LOL! what a very small world afterall!!

#129 of 542 Old 10-09-2006, 03:09 PM

Woot! Awesome!

Yes, Leslie is my sister in law.
Her husband is my husband's older brother.

there was a time when the congregation was just full of us - all with the same last name. Plus DH's unlce lived in Port Lavaca so when they came to visit...

It is a VERY small world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph66 View Post
WOW! I had mentioned you to the lady that i study with today and she knew exactly who you are! She is your sister in law!! This is too crazy!! She said you are married to her brother in law, her name is leslie. Isn't this too crazy?!! I am totally tripping over here! LOL! what a very small world afterall!!
#130 of 542 Old 11-01-2006, 06:52 PM

wow! did anyone watch dr.phil? they were talking about holidays and their pagan backgrounds. well not him, but a guest was saying why she doesnt celebrate them, not sure if she is JW or not but hopefully she can spread the news because she did seem to know her facts. he was really against what she was saying though (of course!) and was like "i'm not going to let what happened in the 4th century define what christmas is to me and my family". well maybe she'll get at least a few people really thinking about holidays...

#131 of 542 Old 11-01-2006, 09:01 PM

Interesting! No I didn't see that at all....

Hows the tract work going? Any interesting experiences at all?

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#132 of 542 Old 11-02-2006, 02:48 AM

hey ya'll

i am wondering how you handle school parties. we are still pretty new at this but i got snowed under. i told olivia's teacher that we weren't celebrating any holidays and all but she was telling me that the party for school was not a "halloween" party but rather a "fall" party. well i guess i should have expected it but she came home with candy in a little bag that said "happy halloween".

i am definately going to get her early so she can skip the christmas party. even if they call it a "winter" party.

she was totally cool with my explanation of why we didn't go trick or treating. i just told her that halloween was rooted in paganism and false worship. i also told her that i would have to get her some more detailed info on it b/c i just didn't have all the facts straight in my own mind.

and while i'm asking questions....

for those of you who's family is not in the truth, how do you handle the holiday season? do you go to family events and just not participate in the objectionable stuff? i didn't go to christmas last year, and according to my dad, my grandad was very hurt over it. he died this summer and i have felt a lot of guilt about it since then. i think i am going this year but i don't want to do santa (easy enough since that would be at my house) but i also don't want to do christmas presents and that kind of thing-however i really can't block the sight of the tree from my eyes yk?

i've already accepted birthday presents for my son from my dad& step-mom and my grandmother. my mom agreed that she was just buying because he needed a potty. shes good like that.

anyway i could really use some advice
#133 of 542 Old 11-02-2006, 03:12 AM

Hey y'all, Just wondering if i could jump in here, I'm so happy i found this thread!! I wasn't sure if i was the only one here or not
#134 of 542 Old 11-02-2006, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellyaellen View Post
hey ya'll

i am wondering how you handle school parties. we are still pretty new at this but i got snowed under. i told olivia's teacher that we weren't celebrating any holidays and all but she was telling me that the party for school was not a "halloween" party but rather a "fall" party. well i guess i should have expected it but she came home with candy in a little bag that said "happy halloween".

i am definately going to get her early so she can skip the christmas party. even if they call it a "winter" party.

she was totally cool with my explanation of why we didn't go trick or treating. i just told her that halloween was rooted in paganism and false worship. i also told her that i would have to get her some more detailed info on it b/c i just didn't have all the facts straight in my own mind.
Oh yea, my dd had those kind of teachers that said "fall Parties", we fell into it at first then we just caught on that it was the holiday celebration just different name .....Their's a wonderful education brocure that you can place with the teachers, it explains ALOT.
#135 of 542 Old 11-02-2006, 03:25 AM

Quote:
for those of you who's family is not in the truth, how do you handle the holiday season? do you go to family events and just not participate in the objectionable stuff? i didn't go to christmas last year, and according to my dad, my grandad was very hurt over it. he died this summer and i have felt a lot of guilt about it since then. i think i am going this year but i don't want to do santa (easy enough since that would be at my house) but i also don't want to do christmas presents and that kind of thing-however i really can't block the sight of the tree from my eyes yk?

i've already accepted birthday presents for my son from my dad& step-mom and my grandmother. my mom agreed that she was just buying because he needed a potty. shes good like that.

anyway i could really use some advice
None of my family or my dh family are in the truth, just me, dh, and 2 dd's, When we first got into the truth tempers flared and things were said from them and it was heartbreaking cuz they didn't want anything to do with us at first but we just assured them we still love them and we will still get together just not at the holidays, We(my dh and I) would have dinners, and parties, and even gift giving parties at random times through out the year (nowhere near holidays or B-day's of course) and when they realized we still enjoyed the parties and everything So they finally accepted it and we have alot of fun. None of them have came into the truth or are even interested but they accept its part of our life,,,HTH
#136 of 542 Old 11-02-2006, 03:26 AM

i'll ask for it then. i hope it'll help. thank-you!
#137 of 542 Old 11-02-2006, 03:52 AM

OOPS,,,I guess i didn't really introduce myself before i just started opening my big mouth ,,,,I'm a SAHM of 2dd's, (14yrs & 2yrs), i homeschool, i don't vax(anymore), i'm a semi-crunchy mama, i live in Alabama: I'm homesick for my "home" in Pennsylvania but i do like the weather here. I've been in the truth 11yrs, dh has been in the truth 1yr hmmm, i think thats it for now, its getting late, i better go to bed, i look forward to meeting y'all!!
#138 of 542 Old 11-03-2006, 01:21 AM

i am thinking of having an open house type of party just so we can all get together. im in the same boat as you. my extended family are all either just not religious or they are southern baptist. so its just me my boyfriend (and he's disfellowshipped) and the kids. it makes it really hard sometimes. and i'm still pretty neew at it.

kurt was telling me that once he and i get married that i could probably be an unbaptised publisher? i think thats the right term. anyway i could go out in service.

he also suggested that i try to get to the book study and/or the theocratic ministry school as well as just the sunday meetings. he thought that i would get more out of those. right now i am working nights but i think i could get them to let me off at least sometimes for the book study.

which meetings are the most helpful for all of you?
#139 of 542 Old 11-03-2006, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
which meetings are the most helpful for all of you?

There was a great illustration that our circuit overseer gave during one of his visits last year. He said to consider each of our five meetings as fingers (book study, school and sevice meeting, public talk and watchtower study). Then he would show his hand with all his fingers gripping his Bible. representing our hold on the truth. We know that Satan wants nothing more than to get us to miss meetings and become spiritually drowsy. So, as we miss meetings and lose our grip on the truth Satan can easily yank the "Bible" out of our hand.

What I'm trying to say is that all the meetings are equally important and it would be favorable for you to attend as many meetings as possible. I know in our area several of the congregations have afternoon book studies. Maybe that's an option for you.

This illustration does not apply directly to your situation but it's one of my favorites in regard to meeting attendance...

KEEP THE COALS HOT
A member of a certain Kingdom Hall, who previously had been attending meetings regularly, stopped going. After a few weeks, an elder decided to visit him. It was a chilly evening. The elder found the man at home alone, sitting before a blazing fire. Guessing the reason for the elder's visit, the man welcomed him, led him to a big chair near the fireplace and waited. The elder made himself comfortable but said nothing. In the grave silence, he contemplated the play of the flames around the burning logs. After some minutes, the elder took the fire tongs, carefully picked up a brightly burning ember and placed it to one side of the hearth all alone. Then he sat back in his chair, still silent. The host watched all this in quiet fascination. As the one lone ember's flame diminished, there was a momentary glow and then its fire was no more. Soon it was cold and "dead as a doornail." Not a word had been spoken since the initial greeting. Just before the elder was ready to leave, he picked up the cold, dead ember and placed it back in the middle of the fire. Immediately it began to glow once more with the light and warmth of the burning coals around it. As the elder reached the door to leave, his host said, "Thank you so much for your visit and especially for the fiery sermon. I shall be back at the Kingdom Hall next Sunday."

Keep up the good work and Jehovah will bless your efforts!!

Kate

Kate - Mama to Max (13), Noah (11), James (9) and Isabelle (6)
#140 of 542 Old 11-03-2006, 11:19 AM

Ellen It is so good that you are trying to do the right thing and get to meetings, etc. And the illustrations above are so good. They give you a good visual on what they mean. The illustation about the bible is good. I heard it too, and the brother giving the talk added that if you take one of your fingers off (miss a meeting) your grip becomes less, and with the next meeting less again.

I also heard a similar illustration about a father talking to his son about meeting attendance. He took him to the playset in the backyard (or at the park) and had him hold on to a bar at the monkey bars with all of his fingers including his thumb. Then he said let go with one finger, makes it harder to hold on, then the next, and then the next and eventually the boy could not hold on anymore and he fell. All of our fingers (meetings) teach us different things and keep us close to the congregation and the organization so we stay strong.

I also think it is wonderful that you are thinking about being an unbaptized publisher. Definitely keep this in your prayers to Jehovah. And once you are living a life in harmony with Jehovah's requirements and the brothers see this after talking to you, yes you can go out in field service.
#141 of 542 Old 11-03-2006, 11:20 AM

joy2bmom - Nice to meet you! :-) I too would love to live up north but can't stand the cold weather! Need to be a snowbird..........one day! :-)
#142 of 542 Old 11-04-2006, 02:47 PM

just wanted to say its so great to have this kind of support. and you're right ALL the meetings are important. maybe thats what he actually meant now that i think about it.
#143 of 542 Old 11-05-2006, 06:48 PM

hellyaellen - where in GA are you?

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#144 of 542 Old 11-08-2006, 03:24 PM

The latest Davey pictures:
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y19...ile7393/David/

Still working on the Grand Canyon trip from two months ago : My USB cord is busted (thank you Davey!) so now I have to replace it.

With meetings, I agree that ALL are important in different ways. TMS, we learn how to be more efficient speakers and how to research, which helps not only in the ministry but with work or anything else. SM, we learn how to help ourselves and others in the ministry

BS, we learn all sorts of things depending on what publication we are studying....all of it points towards God's Kingdom

Public talk, our minds become refreshed or we learn new things about various topics from the Bible

WT, the latest information on how to apply Bible principles in our lives or new light being shed.

I knew what you meant Ellen, don't worry I'm not trying to speak down to you or anything! Even now it's hard to remember all this. In our area, the TMS and SM are usually the ones most missed. I admit to even doing this sometimes...when Davey has his exhausting days. : I need to get the mentality out of my mind.

#145 of 542 Old 11-09-2006, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLDoula View Post
joy2bmom - Nice to meet you! :-) I too would love to live up north but can't stand the cold weather! Need to be a snowbird..........one day! :-)

Thank You For the Welcome Just Got Back From My Home Up North Last Weekend, Brrrrrr, So Cold There.

the fragile 7393-- You've got a beautiful little boy!
#146 of 542 Old 11-16-2006, 12:47 AM

WOW!! I can't believe I found this thread! I was born into the truth and live in PA. My dh and I have 3 kids, 9 - 6 - and 10 mths. We had a baby girl 10 yrs ago that we lost after open-heart surgery couldn't fix her.....we are so looking forward to seeing her again.

I am crunchy, but not totally. My son isn't circ'd, I stopped vaxing the older kids and our baby hasn't had any!! I have so much to say, but have to grab the baby - hope I get to know you all better!!
#147 of 542 Old 11-17-2006, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xmommy View Post
. We had a baby girl 10 yrs ago that we lost after open-heart surgery couldn't fix her

I'm so sorry.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#148 of 542 Old 11-17-2006, 01:47 AM

Awww, thanks joy2bmom!!

ANd glad to have you here 4xmommy! So sorry to hear of your little one's death....that's got to be something so hard to work through.

#149 of 542 Old 01-04-2007, 02:36 PM

Christie, I am so very sorry to hear of your child's death. What part of Pennsylvania are you from? I live in Castle Shannon.
#150 of 542 Old 01-08-2007, 06:19 AM

to you Christie. I cannot imagine. My heart goes out to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
hellyaellen - where in GA are you?
I'm in middle ga.

I just wanted to comment on how happy I was to get to the meeting Today. I'm going to be able to participate in the Book Study on the Revelations book this year ( I think it actually will go into next year too) and I'm really excited about that.

kellen was so loud today. we were in one of the back rooms so I hope he didn't distract the other folks too nuch. Olivia was so good. She read her Bible Stories book during the Talk and went to sit with a friend of mine during the Watchtower Study.

anyway just hoping this'll pop up on the new posts so I can pass on the encouragement I'm feeling.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page