JW Mamas Part III - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-12-2004, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
n/t

~h tea6.gif
wife to shamrocksmile.gifShamrocks (8-8-99)
slightly crunchy homeschooling AP mama to biggrinbounce.gifLittleBoyBlue(2001) & goldfish.gifPeaGreen(2003)
angel.gifmissing our babe (6/2009)
fly-by-nursing2.giffamilybed2.gif novaxnocirc.gif  mdcblog5.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2004, 12:30 AM

Hi, Im Elyice
nice to meet you. what is Hn? I've never heard that term before.
I am a married mom of 3- 8, 3 and 1yr old.
Married to a non believer
Old 07-20-2004, 05:42 PM

Nice to meet you Heather! My name is Talitha (as in Mark 5:41). I am a sahm to Julia Gwendolyn, who is four. I can relate to the "find yourself" thing. I left the truth also and realized the same as you, that I knew myself also. The truth is a part of me and no matter how I tried to fight it, I knew deep down I could never be happy without it. I am married to an unbeliever but my mom is a JW and she lives with us and she helps so much. Welcome to Mothering!
Old 07-21-2004, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

n/t

~h tea6.gif
slightly crunchy homeschooling AP mama to biggrinbounce.gifLittleBoyBlue(2001) & goldfish.gifPeaGreen(2003)
Old 07-28-2004, 01:11 AM - Thread Starter

n/t

~h tea6.gif
Old 08-10-2004, 06:04 PM

Hi guys! I loved the convention and new releases! Something bad happened, though. Julia got her finger stuck under her chair and was sitting on it. She suddenly screamed in pain. My mom and I couldn't see how it was caught and we were terrified that it was cut and we were worried about how to get it out without hurting her more. The man in front of us was a grandpap so he calmly came back and took her finger out. It was ok...thank Jehovah. Just a little swollen. We took her to first-aid and they gave her a rubber glove with ice and a band-aid. Later Julia made the man a picture of him..and it was funny cause the brother was totally bald and Julia's picture had tons of hair. The brother said "I am going to keep this picture because it has so much more hair than I have"..I thought that was sweet. Kinda sad to be home after the convention but oh well. We need a new gas line..fun, huh?
Old 08-11-2004, 02:45 AM

Hi Heather, welcome to Mothering.
I am Vickie SAHM to Hannah 7 and Joey 3. Dh was raised in the truth I came in when I was 11 and got babtized at 14. I feel like we should have witness trading cards with our stats on them, giving all our details I want a CarrieBeary trading card

Anyway I am also very involved in LLL been a card carrying memeber since my Hannah was nursing.

We had our DC in June, I am in Michigan by the way. Great program and we had a special arrangement with a bunch of famalies for the Dc and it was wonderful.

Talitha Sorry about Julia and her finger. reading that posts made my stomach drop. 3 years ago after the meting Hannah shut her finger in the car door, she screamed. It was broken and she had to wear a finger cast. I know how scary that situation was for you, ia m glad she was okay.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:59 PM

oWWW..FINGER IN A CAR DOOR..yikes!! Yes I almost passed out. I really can't help wondering if Jehovah put that man in front of us for a reason. I was just praying that it would be ok..not broken or anything. She kept crying and saying she didn't want to ever come back. We bought her a my little pony to help her feel better. I really hope she forgets about it. So..what about the new releases? Does everyone have them now so we can discuss? Don't want to ruin the surprise if someone doesn't have them yet.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:55 PM

JW mamma here from Arizona!! I was looking for this thread and so happy to find it. I am Brandy (23), married to Nathan (31) and we have two little girls, Hailey (4) and Kylie (2). I am also 9 weeks pregnant with our third and last baby!!
Old 08-23-2004, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Brandy and Heather!! Welcome! I am Desiree, 24, married to Jon 23, and we have a 22 month old son and a doggy! Fellow sister here too (dh too, but a brother, not a sister!) LOL Nice to meet you!!

Desiree

Old 08-23-2004, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieBeary77
Hi Brandy! I'm Carrie. This is gonna sound really weird, but were you ever on IRC? (Internet Relay Chat.) I know a Brandy who married a Nathan and I'm pretty sure they lived in AZ....

LOL, yes!!! The Laquaious Station or something like that. Carrie ... hmmm ... I don't remember a Carrie though. Refresh my memory.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:41 AM

Quote:
I htink I was Spicygrrl or something. My dad was doc235. #The_Loquacious_Station on dalnet.

I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT'S YOU!!!! Last time we tlaked I htink I had just had my first baby. Or was pregnant w/ him. I remember emailing you and where I lived so I may not have even had ds yet.

Talk to me, woman! When were the kiddos born? Max was born 4/5/00 and Rachel was born 10/19/01 AT HOME! Man, that was so much better than Max's hospital birth.

So talk to me! catch me up! How's life??

LOL. I think you JUST HAD your baby because I remember (now, it's all coming to me...!!) that you tore really bad, didn't you??

I had both of my babies at the hospital. This third one will be at the hospital too. I am too chicken for "natural". My doctor is awesome though. He let's me pull the baby out and on to my chest. I love it!!! So I am looking forward to doing it again for one final last time!!
Old 08-24-2004, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Yes, episiotomy ANd I tore. :

That's cool that your doc lets YOU take the baby out! How awesome!!

I can not believe it's you. I was thinking of you recently and viola! There you are.
My doctor is THE BEST. He is mormon, a lawyer and older (50-55 maybe). Being that he is mormon he respects our stance on the no blood issue. Being that he is a lawyer, he makes sure that I have ALL OF MY PAPERWORK in order to protect my rights. I wanted to deliver at another hospital this time around but he insisted I stay where I birthed my last two babies because it's a very witness friendly hospital. They have a no blood program and all of the staff is very knowledgable about not accepting blood. They place no blood stickers all over your files, in your own and give you a wristband. Really awesome. So my doctor really has my best interest at heart and I trust him completely. Plus I love that he lets me pull the baby out. I loved it!!

I can't believe you remember me though. How funny. It took me a bit to think back to that time and remember who you were!! Is TLS still around? What ended up happening with it?

You know where to find me. I only check this board a couple of times a day.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:20 PM

Quote:
You know, I don't even know if mIRC is still around. :LOL

http://www.compleatmother.com/hosp/carrie.htm That's Max's birth story.

http://www.compleatmother.com/homebirth/carrie.htm Rachel's birth story.

Wow, your son's birth story sounds HORRIBLE!! You poor thing. How far apart are your two babies? Hailey and Kylie are 20.5 months apart.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Yeah, and that birth story doesn't even adequately describe my trauma. Scary. I need to look in our old mags for the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder one.

They're 18.5 mos apart. REALLY close in age :LOL but it works out well now. I also had PPD after Rae was born till she turned 2. That sucked. Thankfully, I'm ok now!
I like my daughters being so close in age. Hard at times but worth it!! I wish this third one wasn't so far apart. I know three years isn't THAT far apart but I would have preferred two years if this was planned. LOL. Do you want anymore babies?

I have been struggling with depression for a while too. I was taking something for it but then, got pregnant!! LOL. Actually, pregnancy seems to help me a lot with depression. I enjoy being pregnant I guess.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Do you have a hormonal imbalance, by chance? I finally figured out that I do! That's why I'm GREAT during pregnancy! I take Wild Yam & Dong Quai as an herbal supplement 3 times a day. It helps SO MUCH!!!

I would like a 3rd kid, but we're nt planning one right now and we're not going to even discuss it until after we move. We need to just settle first, you know?

If we have a 3rd I want it to be before I turn 28 (next Nov), which would put Max at 5.5 yrs old and rachel at 4 yrs old. I think that would be a good gap for the youngest, personally. It may work out well for you guys. The girls are big enough to help a little more.
Mmmm, I think so. My doctors diagnosed me with depression and post traumatic stress disorder. LOL. They put me on Zoloft and I felt about 90% better!!! I had only been on it for a short time though. I imagine I would have felt 100% better with more time. Being pregnant I feel fine, like I said. If I go back to feeling depressed after this baby I will probably go back on Zoloft.

What I really need is to get out of Arizona. I hate it here. It is too hot. Over crowded. UGLY. A cement JUNGLE. Just a few weeks ago we had someone pull out a gun on us while driving and then on the same day I was almost hit in a high speed chase!! I want to move to a family friendly, smallish town with NATURE and BEAUTY. I think that would help a lot with the stress and depression. There just isn't any way to relax and unwind here. There is nothing calming or peaceful to take in to help you forget about daily life.

So with that, we are PLANNING on moving to California in a few years. Right now we are buying a house, here. It is being built and will be ready by December/January. We bought it in a prime location that is going to increase in value a lot. So we plan on making a pretty penny with this house. The plan is to sell the house in about two years, use the money from the house to put on another house ... in California. My business should also be more stable and steady in two years as well. It's going well NOW but I would like to make it better. Especially to live in California. So anyway, that's our plan!!

Having a third baby was definately not on our To Do list. LOL. It's going to put a damper on my business for a short while and now we have to buy a new car to accomodate our third little person. It's going to be hard but I know it will be worth it when they are all older. Which I cannot hardly wait for!!
Old 08-26-2004, 01:25 AM

Thank you! My business is my baby at the moment. I was working in a photography studio (Picture People) and I resigned because of management. Anyway, when I quit I had thought about starting my own photography business but never dreamed it would take off. I put together a very pathetic website and offered an unbeatable wedding photography package. It wasn't long after I got a few inquiries and then a few weddings booked. I made NOTHING off of them except a portfolio and experience. After about six month my prices had double and I was booking more. Now it's been almost two years and my prices are tripled and I am book every weekend during peak season and usually three dates per month off season. I did not expect it to take off like it did. So of course I have had a lot to learn through trial and error!! Eventually I would like to get to a certain price range, do three weddings max per month and have an appointment only small studio. I think I can do pretty well anywhere I go but the downside to California is that there is a lot of competetion. Whereas Phoenix is smaller (in comparison) and there is less competetion. Or at least in MY price range with my style of photography.

What I really want is WATER. I want to live near the beach. If anything, within a reasonable driving distance for weekend trips. I find the ocean very soothing and relaxing just to look at. I can only imagine seeing it often, walking with the kids on it and taking day trips to it!!

I will have to look into the Wild Yam. I once took a progesterone cream that did okay. I have always had a problem with depression though, since I was a kid. It didn't seem to help in the way I needed.

Speaking of meetings, since our second DD we haven't been regular. The reason is because of OUR depression. DH also is having a very hard time with depression. We also have no family support and in fact, they are more of a drain to us. His family are witnesses but ... well ... you know. So we're hoping the first move into our new home will help. We'll see!!

Max has allergies? Poor baby. When did you discover this?
Old 11-27-2004, 08:16 PM

Hi Brandy! It's nice to meet you! I am Talitha from Pittsburgh, PA. I am a sahm to Julia who is 4.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:38 PM

howdy sisters! how's everyone doing?
Old 08-31-2005, 03:53 AM

Hello to All! I'm so happy to find this thread and meet you all! I am a SAHMama in California. I have 3 children: 6 yrs., 5 yrs. and 15 months. I was raised in the truth and left for a awhile and now I am back to stay. I am married to a JW but, he is not active. It's tough sometimes!

My convention is this weekend Sept.2-4 anyone else?
Old 07-04-2006, 03:47 PM

Any of you still around???
Old 07-24-2006, 02:37 PM

Hey! Is there anybody out there? (I was so happy to see a JW mama thread...)
Old 07-27-2006, 03:04 AM

I'm here I'm here! I'm so surprised to even SEE this thread lol! Looks like it started 2 years ago darnity!

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

Old 08-07-2006, 10:41 AM

Hey, I am here too! Did not know this existed either!
Old 08-07-2006, 11:22 AM

Good morning! I'm on line today - let me know if you're out there this morning & we'll type at each other...
Old 08-08-2006, 12:10 AM

YAY I'm not the only one!!!! And wow! Y'all were up early!

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

Old 08-08-2006, 11:13 AM

Good morning! Maybe if we keep at it, we'll actually be on line at the same time!

If I don't hear from you today, have a great day, mama-sisters!
Old 08-08-2006, 01:44 PM

I'm here I'm here! Though I won't be for long, ds is screaming

Old 08-08-2006, 01:59 PM

Hey! We're here at the same time! woo hoo! I'm at work, so will be on line for another few hours. If DS calms down, shoot me a line!

By the way, my name's MaryBeth, I have a DS - Caleb, 6 yrs, a DD - Ella, 2 1/2 years, and DH - Chris. We live about an hour east of San Francisco, and attend a Spanish congregation. Still learning Spanish-I don't think I'll ever get it completely!! :

How about you??

~MaryBeth
Old 08-08-2006, 03:48 PM

Hey there,

I don't think any of you are online right now either! I am in NE Florida for now (moving south a few hours in a few months) and have two sons, 6 and 3, that I homeschool and work PT at home. DH is an MS and is very busy with work and cong stuff.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

User Tag List