how to celebrate turning 30 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-02-2002, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a friend (she has a 5 month old baby girl) who is turning 30 next week, and I would like to honor her on this important occasion. Any tips on how to mark the day or gift ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
#2 of 3 Old 07-03-2002, 01:45 PM

When my friend turned thirty she had a professional portrait taken of herself. Not at Sears or Walmart, but a proper photography studio. She looked so elegant, proud and beautiful.
#3 of 3 Old 07-04-2002, 02:59 AM

Well, when I turned 30 we went up to the mountains and went sledding down the bunny hills! My oldest son was 2 and my youngest was just one month, then-- oh, it was so fun! Then we went into the lodge and drank the best hot chocolate I have ever had! It was terrific, but somehow I don't think this will be possible for your friend in July...

As for ideas-- well, how about making a daisy chain for her to wear that day and a cake to honor her? Birthdays are about letting the people we know and love know that we are glad that they are here and that we celebrate their life. So, on that note, I think that your friend will probably be thrilled that you care so much about her and feel very honored. How about getting some friends together and doing the surpise thing?

Whatever you choose will be wonderful. The most important thing is the memory that you will leave her with-- she will know that you cared

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page