psychic experiences? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 07-09-2002, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What are your psychic experiences? Have you ever visited a psychic or a medium or been part of a healing/prayer/meditation circle?

I very occasionally attend a circle here, and it is always enlightening. It is led by a psychic medium, and sometimes some very interesting visitors show up!

Tell me what you think!

Jean

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#2 of 12 Old 07-09-2002, 08:37 PM

I've had a few, very vivid dreams that connected to reality later on. It's frightening sometimes. I've also seen ghosts, which was amusing and scary depending on the experience.
I've always been able to "sense" things, pick up on other's emotions. Known what others are feeling in a sense.
I haven't ever been to a psychic or a medium however, is it worth it? What is your experience like?
#3 of 12 Old 07-09-2002, 09:03 PM

I've had lots of psychic experiences over the years. I'm clairsentient and often know what will happen before it does, or know somethings happening somewhere other than where I am. I sometimes see signs also.

I've been to card readers before and one had a special connection. I saw him fairly regularly until he moved out of state. I saw a well known medium once last year at a seminar. He was quite good but I didn't have a personal reading. I don't really have any need or desire to connect with relatives that have passed on, so traditional mediums that do that aren't something that I seek out.

I do think that some are scam artists, but some also have a real gift. I prefer to use cards for readings since I can use my own interpretations instead of solely relying on what someone else thinks. I had a reading from someone once that either needed more experience or just couldn't read for me. Didn't go back to her.
#4 of 12 Old 07-09-2002, 09:51 PM

I read cards as well. Though I haven't in some time, new baby, just haven't had the time )
However I have always struggled with people who want to be paid to give you a reading etc. I don't know that I agree with that type of exchange.
What are your thoughts? Do you pay for readings?
#5 of 12 Old 07-09-2002, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Kimberly,

Although I *have* paid for readings, I don't at the circle. I do understand a professional psychic needing to get paid, though. I generally don't charge for my yoga classes, so I see what you mean.

Jean

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#6 of 12 Old 07-09-2002, 11:11 PM

Hi Jean,
wow, yoga! How fun. I've been thinking about getting involved. There is a class for mom's and babies, but we can't afford it right now. Hopefully someday soon. Do you have any thoughts on the yoga video tapes?

I don't pay for psychics or card readings, and I guess I don't understand the need to be paid, professional or not, I guess I'm not sure that should be a person's sole income, though I could be wrong.
#7 of 12 Old 07-09-2002, 11:39 PM

I have absolutely no problem paying for a reading, IMO the ability is a gift and if they are willing to share their gift with me then I have no problem showing my appreciation with cash or something else if they wish. I've only done free readings for others myself.
#8 of 12 Old 07-10-2002, 12:38 AM

I've never paid for a reading, but I've had a couple experiences myself, several involving dd. I really feel that psychic energy is something that everyone has, and if you train it it gets stronger.
#9 of 12 Old 07-13-2002, 11:14 AM

I'm not sure if this counts -

My sister and I are very close - 1 year and 13 days apart. We have, more than once, sent the exact same card to my mother for a special occassion. The first time it happened, my Mother thought we had set it up. We also do the thing with the phone where I go to call her, and the phone rings and it's her and vice versa.

Something else I have been noticing lately with my dd who is 4.5 years. She will say something that I was thinking and it's not something you would expect her to say. For example, about two days ago I was thinking in my head about positive chi and I remember thinking specifically about positive "energy". Seconds later, my daughter starts talking about "energy" This has happened a couple times and freaked me out.

Love and Light.
#10 of 12 Old 07-13-2002, 08:09 PM

I am an intuitive and so is my dd. We communicate psychic -ly all the time. I encourage her to foster her gift. I do not pay for readings as I have no need for them.
#11 of 12 Old 07-14-2002, 09:44 AM

I didn't really have any experiences myself, but "shared" a second-hand experience ...

I was at a job for a while, and a new employee and I became friends. I knew her mother had been killed some months before, and that she had a sister out-of-state, and they had a poor relationship. Anyway, one day she came to work distraught, said she had a dream where her mother came to her and told her she must make up with her sister, there wasn't much time. My new friend was all worked up, and I figured, okay, upsetting dream, hey, she'll be fine.

Well, she was so worked up she got in touch with her sister almost immediately and they made up. All well and good. And by this point we had become very good friends.

A very short time later her sister was diagnosed with stomach cancer, and died within the year.

Up until this experience I was completely skeptical about anything other-worldly. This incident directly led to my becoming religious ... to my realizing that there's more going on than we can ever know.

- Amy
#12 of 12 Old 07-16-2002, 10:48 AM

Bay's mama, you reminded me of when I first joined the boards and I was trying to think of a user name. I tried all variations of Sarah and they were taken, then I thought up sarenka, and as I typed it in my dd on the other side of the room, who can't read, came over and said "you're sarenka".... (it means little deer in Polish and it's a word she's heard dh calling me but not often....)
And of course the meeting with my dh, who saw a photo of me, wrote to me, and then I decided to call him, the phone rang, he was calling me and the card stuck in the phone and we talked free for 2 hrs (he'd been wishing it would happen.....)
not sure if these are really "psychic" experiences, but they certainly show interconnections.....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page