Hello Pagan Mommies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 07-21-2002, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blessed Be~ I finally found a board with pagan mommies. It will be nice to be able to be myself without fear of having my panties go up in flames. LOL

I've been reading through the posts and enjoying each of them.

I am trying to decide what to do to celebrate the upcoming holiday. Any suggestions for a solitary practitioner? I am not in the closet but I am the only one in the family who follows this path. My DH is an atheist. My DD is just beginning to show an interest but hasn't decided what path is right for her. She is only 11 so she as time. LOL My other two children are 7 yrs old and 21 months old so its only me. :

I just discovered that we have a UU church here in town and am planning to attend soon. It will be nice to meet others of similar paths. I live in Tennessee. The bible belt so although I am not in the closet about my faith I am not eactly shouting it from the roof tops either. If anyone asks I will tell them and I do go on our local chat board from time to time and post things and try to dispell any myths or other garbage about Paganism that I see posted there.

Well I am just rambling now so I will go.

Spirit
#2 of 10 Old 07-22-2002, 01:54 AM

Welcome!! It's nice to see another pagan mama on the boards. There are quite a few threads on paganism and one on Lamma/Lughnasa but it might be a page or two back. There is also a big thread where all the pagan moms did an intro, it might be about 4-5 pages back.

Nice to meet you!
#3 of 10 Old 07-22-2002, 09:29 PM

Welcome to the boards! It's wonderful to see the growing ranks around here. Goddess Bless........Mitakaye Oyasin........Kimberly
#4 of 10 Old 07-23-2002, 01:42 AM

Hey sister!!!!

I'm in Tennessee too!!

O.k., it's a big state, but I'm in the middle of it and I just started a thread in "finding your tribe" looking for pagan families in my area. Could you be one or are you far away?

I'm interested mostly in the earth-centered, seasonal celebrations and rhythm of life spirituality.

More?

Sandi
#5 of 10 Old 07-23-2002, 10:18 AM

Welcome Spirit-

You will find several thread for the Pagan families in the Spirituality board if you check the archives.

~namaste~
Khris
#6 of 10 Old 07-24-2002, 01:12 PM

Hello!!!

Welcome to you (not that I've been here all that long (grin)).

We're going to have a *very* quiet Lughnasadh: our ancient kitty just crossed the veil...my husband doesn't follow the same "practice" as I do. I'll be making some special foods (risotto, herbed squashes, check out "Cooking Like a Goddess") and we'll have a quiet night. For me the important thing is being conscious of the cycles.

with love,
Christina
#7 of 10 Old 07-27-2002, 01:21 PM

Hi Spirit and everyone else!

I've been on these Mothering boards for quite a while. I used to visit here in the spirituality boards, but haven't been here for quite some time. I really need to come here more often.

I've been pagan for several years, but it's a slow learning process for me. I have no teacher, just myself. My husband is pagan as well, but we do not work well together. Lately, I've not been doing much ritual. I've been concentrately on being a mommy for the first time (dd is 13,1/2mo now) and moving. But I'm being drawn back to the path recently. I did a simple wiccaning ritual (or naming ritual) for my dd for her 1st b-day.

I think dd is going to grow up with ritual. The first time I did a ritual after she was born was for Samhain. Verona (dd) went down to sleep and I readied the ritual. Then I checked on Verona one last time and she was bright-eyed and wondering what was going on. So she joined me for the ritual. Also, every time she has been present for a ritual, she also nurses during the cakes and wine part.

So anyway, just thought I'd say hi to everyone. Maybe I should go to the intro thread and do a formal intro.
#8 of 10 Old 07-27-2002, 10:28 PM

hi motherdove - did you and papdove move out of the city to more rural? i remember papadoves thread about that a few months back..... i think our dd's must be about the same age (june 1 b.d.)... glad she enjoys ritual - my dd does too! best wishes!
#9 of 10 Old 07-30-2002, 11:47 AM

Yes, that's right. We moved to the mountains (in Colorado). So far, it's been really great. Lots of driving though. Next year, we gotta do a lot of mitigation (clearing out trees). Lots of work, but it will be worth it to have land that we can actually run around on and enjoy.

That's cool that your baby likes ritual too. Our girls must have known what they wanted before they chose their parents.
#10 of 10 Old 07-30-2002, 08:44 PM

Glad you found us! Admittedly I don't pop in as much as I used to but I thoguht I'd welcome you anyhow.

Blessings!!!!

BTW - We usually make a corn dolly for lammas in our house and post him outside the door.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page