a link for Yammer & other skeptics - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-29-2002, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://evidenceofgod.com/default.htm

I heard a radio interview with the author of this book and thought it to be packed full of mind exploring information. I wanted to share it with the skeptics here, just for fun. I haven't read the book personally, but thought the author seemed worthy to post here if anyone's interested!
#2 of 5 Old 07-31-2002, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

actually if you click on the questions left side of page you can read a list of responses the author writes about science, evolution and other topics.

i found it interesting that evolution is getting to be a further from truth possibility more now than ever. on the radio interview he explained that the odds of all the proper cells coming together just to make life are something like winning the state lotto 43 million times in a row!

the site is a little vague, but listening to him was very thought provoking, as I'm sure the book is too.
#3 of 5 Old 07-31-2002, 06:06 PM

From your website:

"Principles of Quarantine, Waste Disposal and Sterilization
When the Black Plague was killing much of Europe prior to the Renaissance, desperate nations turned to the church for guidance. Returning to the Old Testament Laws of Moses, they instituted principles practiced by the Israelites for dealing with diseases like leprosy, for handling of the dead. and for waste disposal. Quarantine is well understood today as a means of controlling infectious disease. In the days of Moses and in the days of the Black Plague, however, God's command (Leviticus 13) had to be obeyed without people knowing why. The entire chapter of Leviticus 13 discusses diseases and illness, and means of diagnosis and cure.

"The person with such an infectious disease must wear torn clothes, let his hair be unkempt, cover the lower part of his face and cry out, 'Unclean! Unclean!' As long as he has the infection he remains unclean. He must live alone; he must live outside the camp." This is what we have adapted even today:covering our mouths so as not to spread germs!

"If any clothing is contaminated with mildew--any woolen or linen clothing, ...The priest is to examine the mildew and isolate the affected article for seven days. ... On the seventh day he is to examine it, and if the mildew has spread in the clothing ...it is a destructive mildew; the article is unclean. He must burn up the clothing..."
Leviticus 13:45-ff

Sound familiar ? Of course we now realize that clothes must destroyed in order to prevent the spreading of germs. But civilizations, centuries ago, followed the Bible practices without having a clue as to why they did so, other than seeing the results. Another biblical insight not understood until the late 1800's is the principle of sterilization ( washing of hand and clothing). Guidelines for washing are outlined in the handling of the dead (Numbers 19). Further information on these amazing Biblical insights can be read in Leviticus 15, Leviticus 12, 13. This further validates the scripture as the divine revelation of God to mankind."

In fact this contradicts what is known about the church and Black Death (bubonic plague). Christians at that time were notoriously dirty people. They did not bathe, they emptied their bed-pans into the street. They ate from communal plates. They often befouled any fresh running water with raw sewage so that most people drank wine as it was the only beverage safe to drink (although many did drink some form of well water).

Bubonic plague is transferred from rats to people by flea bites. People passed the plague amongst themselves by sneezing or coughing the infected sputnum in the air. Christianity did not stop the plague. The amazing revelations by the Bible have nothing to do with bubonic plague. The burial practices mentioned by your author did not even make a dent. If there were fleas around ( and there were sure to be some it was a part of life then), any one within jumping distance was doomed.

I am sure there's more contradictions but this one caught my eye.
#4 of 5 Old 08-02-2002, 02:20 PM

Of course, while they were purportedly returning to the "Old Testament" ways and Mosaic rules for cleanliness, they were slaughtering the "Old Testament" Mosaic Jews for supposedly causing the plague in league with the devil.

Off topic, I know, but I couldn't help myself.

- Amy
#5 of 5 Old 08-03-2002, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Of course, while they were purportedly returning to the "Old Testament" ways and Mosaic rules for cleanliness, they were slaughtering the "Old Testament" Mosaic Jews for supposedly causing the plague in league with the devil.
Oh so true Amy - don't you know of the great Jewish conspiracy?

It is ironic that this website glorifies the Bible and CHRISTIANITY while it denigrates other religions.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page