Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-05-2002, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
August 5, 2002

Romans 12- 12:8

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God- this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be trtansformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

For by the Grace given to me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought to, but rather think of yourself with sober judgement, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. if prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of our faith;
or service, let us give ourselves to service;
or he who teaches, to his teaching;
or he who exhorts, to his exhorting:
he who gives, let him do it with liberality;
he who rules, with diligence;
he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

Do you measure up?

In which ways to do strive to be pleasing to God? Do you acknowledge others as members of the body of Christ? Do you encourage others, or yourself to use and perfect the gift God has bestowed upon you? Have you found your gift?

This passage kind of jump out at me, because, well, I am having serious issues with judgement. I know I fall short....

Each day I try to add one more postive step in my walk towards Christ. I want to be pleasing to Him, and do so by encouraging those around me(particularly DH and DD). I don't try this through works (specifically) but mostly through personal things, like thoughts and feelings. I know how tricky that bugger Satan can be, and lately he has been pestering the heck out of me, so I trry my darnest to think postively about the other "members" and to remember the special nature of each of us.

Have I realized the gift God has given me and now use it for the good of others? NOT. I am completely clueless, but hope that with more prayer and guidence, I'll be able to serve Christ better- soon, I hope
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-14-2002, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do I measure up? Not even close!

I struggle with forgiveness. I have such a hard time with letting go. I also struggle to maintain a positive attitude and trust in God's plan for my life.

I try to be as thoughtful and considerate as I can when dealing with other people. I pray that God will shine his light through me when I deal with others, especially at work since I work with teens.

This is great food for thought!

Thanks!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page