Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...from a house?
#2 of 9 Old 08-06-2002, 12:47 AM

Well, I know how to bless a house with Reiki, and I can actually do this without being present. When I bless a home, I put ethereal symbols up and down the corners of the four walls, which purifies the energy within. Anyone who is a second level Reiki practitioner can do this for you.
#3 of 9 Old 08-06-2002, 01:06 AM

Sage. Burn lots of it.

- Amy
#4 of 9 Old 08-06-2002, 02:10 AM

I suppose it would help a little to know what you are looking at in order to get a good idea for you but sage and reikki sound right on to me-
sunshine works well for me also-
so does praying and using the sign of the cross
salt too
#5 of 9 Old 08-06-2002, 12:34 PM

This is a meditation prayer that many Gnostics use:
The Dome of Light:

Picture a magnificent dome, its perfect rounded walls and ceiling made of the radiant white light of the Holy Spirit, with you and those you love inside it, safe, warm and basking in God’s love, protected from all darkness and negativity.

"All day and all night, throughout your life, may you and the other white entities of this world find each other and walk together safe and unharmed through the negativity of the Dark Side as you make your way Home."

I know a nice ritual but have to look it up. it involves sptinkling salt around the outside of the house and a wghite candle. Very simple. I will dearch and post asap (it's in a book I have!)
#6 of 9 Old 08-06-2002, 10:03 PM

We had a negative spirit (poltergeist) in our house. Yes, sage is good. Here are a few other things we tried: Lighting a black and a white candle-(I can't remember the reason behind it) Sprinkling holy water-you can use ordinary tap and bless it yourself. And asking God and his angels to remove the negative energy. We did all those things which normally would have helped, but this was a particularily strong energy, so we ended up asking a very spiritual psychic to get rid of it, since it was his specialty. he didn't charge much and it did work. Good luck!
#7 of 9 Old 08-06-2002, 10:39 PM

What works is whatever works for you. Don't mean it in a smarty pants sort of way. It's just that what works for one doesn't work for all. Sage is a very common herb to burn or sprinkle around for purification. But if sage doesn't signify purification to you , then use what does. No right or wrongs here. I personally prefer cedar, where someone else may burn dragons blood or frankensense. So just do what you think is right :-)
#8 of 9 Old 08-07-2002, 11:45 AM

We placed a bowl of sea salts in the corner or each room, then we smudged the entire house with sage and cedar. I burn a stick of Dragons Blood incense one a month and I also "ward" teh doors and widows with runes.
#9 of 9 Old 08-07-2002, 11:56 AM

If you like sound energy, you could try ringing bells or clapping your hands. As you do so, visualize all of the sound energy sweeping through the corners of the room, and around the house.

Bells are particularly charming, I think.

Jean

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page