Near Death Experiences - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-10-2002, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone here interested in NDE's? I'm not here to debate whether or not they're real- It's just that I came across a most fascinating and unusual NDE. What do you think? It rings true for me.

...Without the free will to return I would not be here in the physical doing what I am doing. The physical pain, war, poverty, pestilence, horror, rape, murder, abandonment etc, etc, etc.! that is here on this planet is the result of humans coming here and making their free choices in order to learn and evolve. Unfortunately learning does tend to create a mess at times and the physical pain etc. is a part of that mess. It makes sense to me that the same free choice concept is instrumental in cleaning up the mess.

I liken it to camping and choosing to clean up or not clean up the mess one makes. If you choose to clean up your mess, this helps the planet to stay as is because one does not contribute to the mess. If one does not clean up it adds to the mess. If one cleans up their own mess and then some it contributes to healing the planet.

In my near-death experience I was also shown that there are many souls in "heaven" who are more than willing to come to this place regardless of the state it is in. I was shown that if I did not choose to return I would be in the schools that exist in heaven, working toward the growth I need to accomplish regardless of the form I am in. That was an attractive choice to be sure except that I had a problem with how long it would take me to grow enough to do what my soul wishes to do. (I have a burning desire to experience other places in other universes and to do that I need to grow more.) The prerequisite for that is ensuring that my soul has the IQ for it.

It is my understanding that a soul can choose to remain in heaven and operate on the level he/she (whatever) is on to infinity, but I seek more because I know without doubt that there is more.

At any rate, the idea remains that for this place to start feeling and looking like heaven is to create the love felt there here. I would like to see that on this planet and I know it can be done. If I need to, I will come back here all over again to make it happen...

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/oakford2.html
#2 of 6 Old 08-11-2002, 11:51 AM

I have never had a near death experience. But, I do believe that we can create Heaven on Earth if we all start loving each other, look for the good, and try our best to understand each other.

It makes me sad when so many people start talking about the end of the world, and how awful things are. It seems like they are just spreading this fear around. I know they do that because they are afraid, but it seems like the thing to do is start spreading love around. I truly believe that a new day is coming, a better time for us all.

I also agree that no matter how hard our lives here on earth, we learn and grow and get stronger. So, it's worth it.
#3 of 6 Old 08-11-2002, 03:04 PM

I am also very interested in this idea. Thanks for posting that great info. I have recently read a couple of wonderful books on the subject, Life After Life is the name of the two books, and I can't remember the second part of the titles or the author at the moment. I just checked and it looks like I have lent them out. They are written by a physician who is also a Methodist minister.

His perspective is surprisingly scientific, but his research is also conducted with the loving care of someone who is truly interested in learning more truth.

I'd like to continue discussing this, so I am going to read your link, and post later on.

Thanks again for starting this thread!

Jean

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#4 of 6 Old 08-15-2002, 06:44 PM

This was a very interesting piece to read, and there was much in there that I had thought on my own for years. My husband read it and commented on how much this parralels some Native American beliefs.
I started to do some link jumping from this site and found hours worth of reading on some unusual topics, and this one about the cross really blew my mind, the implications of this are just incredible http://www.crichtonmiller.com/
#5 of 6 Old 08-16-2002, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Artemesia. That was very interesting. Strangely enough, I was meditating the other night and the word "Celtic" came to me. Think someone was trying to tell me something? I'm going to buy that book for sure. Like that site says, there may be some difficult times ahead, but this IS the time of enlightment.

Regarding NDErs: Many were shown the future during their experience. And some of them are still having visions. They all say that we are headed for some rough times (although the future is not fixed) but in the end, there will be peace, enlightment.

Acts 2:17 -
"And it shall be in the last days; God says, 'That I will pour forth of my spirit on all mankind' And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, And your young men shall see visions, And your old men shall dream dreams"
#6 of 6 Old 08-16-2002, 10:32 AM

oh, here's another wonderful site that I found last night (I'm such a web junkie) , it's an online book of art and verse, the message is very similar to what was said in the near death experience website. http://www.thegreatillusion.com/

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page