Mabon rituals - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-06-2002, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter
ivy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What sort of rituals, blessings or traditions do you and your family do for Mabon?

We do all our wiccan holidays veggie, since it's only our immediate family and we don't have to worry about anybody else.

For Mabon we like to do a little "pruning" back for the coming winter. We go through our clothes and toys and donate what we no longer use. And before dinner we light candles and talk about what Mabon means. Then we all write down something about ourselves we'd like to let go and then burn the paper it's written upon. Then we eat!

We don't have any special blessing. I'd love to hear some if any of you would like to share.
#2 of 8 Old 09-08-2002, 02:53 PM

oh so glad you posted am looking forward to hearing specific ritual ideas for a circle (with kids)
I am sure we will do a formal circle and use some pre written script to call the elements, have a fire to jump over and put herbs in, not sure what else we will do yet...
Since this is a harvest festival I may replant and harvest some plants and so forth, I do not have a garden per se and we live in South Floida, I could plant like most people do in trhe spring time and things would like bloom at Yule <roll eyes> its kind of confusing to do nature based celebrations consistent with the rest of the world when the seasonal weater is individual locally...did that make sense? so I guess like you are harvesting old toys and such I guess its predominately ...metaphysical harvests and such...
#3 of 8 Old 09-09-2002, 02:07 PM

I'll be focusing on celebration, grace, and balance. Celebration of what was accomplished in the past year, all that I harvested. Looking forward to next year and how I can fill that with grace. Using the imagery of the eternal seasons to remain connected with my sense of internal balance. I love the harvest!
#4 of 8 Old 09-09-2002, 03:01 PM

We usually attend a ritual with my coven or an open ritual in the community. This is our first Mabon with our baby. She is 7 months this Friday.

I also like the idea of the harvesting of clothes and things for charity.

We also harvest wild herbs my husband finds in the woods.

Merry Meet,

Karen
#5 of 8 Old 09-09-2002, 06:24 PM

ladylee, can you tell me more what you mean by eternal seasons? tia -mary
#6 of 8 Old 09-09-2002, 06:55 PM

Hmmm. I meant life and death, as it is carried out in human existence, as well as life and death within the four seasons.
And how that relates to me internally--what needs to die in order for something new to live.
#7 of 8 Old 09-12-2002, 10:54 AM

ahhhh yes, cycles seasons, I see
ok, I found this meditation that I am going to incorporate into our circle this year, not sure if I can post it so Im just going to post the link, mind you I am not affiliated nor have I read ANYthing else on this site but I really liked the meditation and am happy it was on the site when I did a search, http://www.amysticalgrove.com/Celebr...Rituals1.shtml
ok guys, when is Mabon this year...is it the 22 or 3rd? I know the full moon is the 21.
#8 of 8 Old 09-12-2002, 11:03 AM

Note: The 2002 autumnal equinox will occur at 10:56 p.m. MDT, 22 September 2002, when autumn begins in the Northern Hemisphere. I guess thats about 1AM my time, eastern...
I am planning to do the circle just before the sun goes down, Id like to begin with the sun and end at twilight, hmmmmm, maybe I should do it at sunrise on Sunday? naaaaaaaa

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page