Statements of Faith - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-23-2002, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have a "statement of faith" that they either feel partial too, or have written themselves? (For whatever religion or faith you subscribe to.) I'm curious! I wonder if we can share in a non-critical, non-challenging way? I'd love to hear.

I wrote one recently, and it is subject to change, but for now I am pretty happy with it:

"I believe in a Divine Creator and Designer. I believe that God is good and loving. I believe that God knows me on a personal level, better than I know myself. I believe that I was designed perfectly, but behave imperfectly. Because I have the gift of choice, I, like all humans have the ability (and the tendency) to make poor choices. I believe that my good and perfect heavenly Parent has made a way to redeem me in spite of my choices, and draw me toward heaven as a beloved child. And I believe that God has accomplished that through the work of Jesus. And I have come to love God through what I know of the man called Jesus."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2002, 06:30 AM

Mamaduck,

Thank you for sharing your own 'statement of faith'. What you wrote really resonates with me.

I've stayed out of the controversial threads, because I just don't have the time or energy to put into arguing. But I am a Christian because of Jesus (and not the Bible)...he calls to me and tells me of his love and care for me, and I can't help but respond. Your statement of faith expresses that for me.

Carolyn
Old 09-23-2002, 07:10 AM

I am of many faiths however your statement also resonated with me
I think its beautiful

User Tag List