Treasure Map 2005 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 186 Old 03-11-2005, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to update everyone who might be interested...

The next period for Treasure Map is April 8, 1:23 (Pacific Time)

For those who don't know... the treasure map is when you take a bunch of pictures, drawing, photos, colors.. and make a collage on a poster board. This is what you want in your life for the next year.

Astrologically it lines up with the Aries New Moon (Not the first day of spring). You have about 4 days to make the map. You don't start it before, it is made after the new aries moon begins.

this is a period where you allow yourself to dream, dream big, allow your self to want things.. write them down, put up a poem, put up a photo, put up that which sets up your ideal experiences for this new year.

here is the link to 2004.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...light=treasure

and within that link you will find the link to our 2003 time.

My experience is listed in there but basically I made my first map and I met my husband within 60 days. Of course my life has never been the same since...

and yes there was a baby boy on later maps!

good luck!!!

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 186 Old 03-11-2005, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

note to Goodcents. I'm totally swamped I started a new job this week. I will PM you back during the weekend.

must make dinner for DS!

hugs
tracy

#3 of 186 Old 03-11-2005, 12:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
This sounds great. I'm going to email the link to my friend, too.

Tracy - will you walk us through the process again like you did last year? I browsed through last year's thread, but it is loooong.
#4 of 186 Old 03-11-2005, 01:02 AM

Can't wait

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#5 of 186 Old 03-11-2005, 01:12 AM

I'm in. I have done similar before, but never coinciding with a specific time frame.
#6 of 186 Old 03-11-2005, 04:34 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
I'm in!!!

Cant wait in fact!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#7 of 186 Old 03-11-2005, 10:03 AM

I'm in!

I'm still in shock to realise that almost everything on my 2004 Treasure Map has come to life

Don't be afraid to dream BIG! :LOL

Valérie   
#8 of 186 Old 03-11-2005, 11:55 AM

Cool, I'm getting excited now.
#9 of 186 Old 03-11-2005, 08:17 PM

Tracy, thanks for posting this!!

I did my map last year following feng shui quadrants. It was a lot of fun, but i think I concentrated too much on making it even in each square and it came out a bit too cluttered..

anyway, I can't wait to do it again this year.

Got a question though.. I put last year's in a frame, could I put the new one in the same frame when it's done, over the old one? Or is that "bad" - since the frame & the other posterboard are 'old'? the 'pro' there is that I could keep last years, and have less clutter.

Thanks!!
#10 of 186 Old 03-12-2005, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

sistermama,
naturally I will answer any questions.

but just so you know. I always got new magazines on new moon. Although some people don't want to buy new magazines, in that case I would suggest that you ask friends for old magazines but don't read them or open them until New Moon begins.
The point is that the energy shifts when New Moon begins. so, you will look at the magazines with 'new' eyes.

some people like to break up their maps into the feng shu quadrants. basically 9 areas of the board. Into the following:

1-money/abundance
2-fame, recognition
3-relationships
4-family
5-health
6-children/creativity
7-knowledge
8-work
9-angels/help spirituality.

that is if you are up for that kind of organization. But if you are not and don't feel it is your thang..that is totally fine.
Some people like to get friends together when they make their maps.
"Hey, who wants a picture of Tahiti?"
that can be fun.

and of course you can just do it alone in the privacy of your own home and spend some concentrated energy on what you want.

As I indicated in lastyear's thread, I don't make traditional maps any longer. I tend to write a long prayer affirmation on Aries new moon for what I want for the year.

the whole deal with these maps is that most of the moms here are so busy that they don't ever allow themselves time like this to dream, reach, explore for themselves.
that is the gift unto itself.

hugs

#11 of 186 Old 03-12-2005, 12:34 AM - Thread Starter

chichi,
What I would suggest is either putting the old map away in the closet. Or for the sake of clutter...cut out the sections of the old board and save for you.

I would not put the new map on the old map. but I think you can reuse the frame. However, if you want to paint the frame..that would probably infuse an additional new energy.

just my thoughts...

#12 of 186 Old 03-12-2005, 12:37 AM

okay, so what it sounds like is it doesn't matter exactly what you so as long as you do it. so, i could say do nine little maps and put them in the corresponding area. or i could do a big and a little one for a specific area, or just throw the bagua out the window and wing it.

can people recommend magazines they like or do you think it is better for it to be an intuitive process the day of?
#13 of 186 Old 03-12-2005, 04:08 AM - Thread Starter

sounds good, wolfmama.

and I would follow your intuition on the day of new moon.

remember you don't have to do it that day...you have the first 4 days to do it. (or about 3.5 days..actually) so you can let your mind percolate for the first day if you wish...

#14 of 186 Old 03-12-2005, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy
I just wanted to update everyone who might be interested...

The next period for Treasure Map is April 8, 1:23 (Pacific Time)

For those who don't know... the treasure map is when you take a bunch of pictures, drawing, photos, colors.. and make a collage on a poster board. This is what you want in your life for the next year.

Astrologically it lines up with the Aries New Moon (Not the first day of spring). You have about 4 days to make the map. You don't start it before, it is made after the new aries moon begins.
Tracy - April 8, 1:23 is when we're supposed to start or finish the map?
#15 of 186 Old 03-12-2005, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

WHOOPS!

Dsylexia has attacked me

It is April 8 at 1:32 PM (not 1:23)....just checked my calendar which I wrote it in a few months ago.

you have 3.5 days STARTING FROM april 8 at 1:32pm.

#16 of 186 Old 03-13-2005, 09:27 PM

Count me in!! I missed last year's and can't wait to do this year's.

Would it be bad to ask you to post aq pic of a Treasure Map? Just so I can get an idea of what to do? Totally understand if that would not be good.

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
#17 of 186 Old 03-13-2005, 10:30 PM

i've been meaning to do a space clearing for the last six months. i was thinking how powerful it would be to do a one before the 8th.

i'm going to start a thread about it. i'm a novice, but i would love anyone else to join me.
#18 of 186 Old 03-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Banned

Two questions, Aw, heck, make it three,

Is it ok to customize this to make it Christian, to bathe it in prayer?

Do we take pictures and post them up and show one another?

....and.....is it within parameters to *think* about what you're going to *make* within that 3.5 day period? Editing for clarity, I mean think beforehand

I can't believe I'm doing this.

Debra Baker
#19 of 186 Old 03-14-2005, 11:00 AM

Ohhh yeah! Here it is. Thanks Tracy - and I did get your very helpful pm.

Debra - Tracy is the expert but there are lots of mamas here doing it of different religious affiliations. I am Muslim - but I believe in communicating with God through a number of ways..... prayer, through "conversations" in my head throughout the day, etc.

The treasure map was another way for me to communicate, and I found it to be super important in terms of defining what I wanted for myself. It really helped me get clear about certain areas of my life. So as much as it was an excercise in spirituality it was a excersize in goal setting. Don't forget there is the spirituality/angels/ and helpful people quadrant so you could certainly put a pic of Christ there, maybe the name of your church, a favorite prayer.

I didn't post a pic last year but I can't remember if anyone else did. I hosted an awesome brunch of about 12 women. It was so fun - exactly what Tracy said "Hey anyone want a picture of Tahiti?" "A pic of a car". It was great hearing from everyone throughout the year too and seeing what manifested we did take pics and send them around.

Good luck!
#20 of 186 Old 03-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
I don't think anyone posted pictures of theirs. And once I got done with mine - it was pretty personal. I thought about posting pics of mine - but it felt wrong.

I am trying to figure out what I should do with mine from last year.....I think I may toss it. All of it. We are in a new city, and and new place. And the only thing on there were the baby pictures....and they didn't feel exactly right when I put them on there last year. So I think new ones are in order.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#21 of 186 Old 03-14-2005, 10:32 PM

This sounds a lot like the dream book that I have kept for years! I like the idea of creating a new one in conjunction with the Aries new moon though. Give a bit more power to the process for me.

For those of you who have done this in the past what do you think works better, pictures cut out of mags etc, or hand drawn, written words and the like?

Oh and the time is Pacific time zone right? Just want to make sure.

Blessings,
#22 of 186 Old 03-15-2005, 02:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Two questions, Aw, heck, make it three,

Is it ok to customize this to make it Christian, to bathe it in prayer?

Do we take pictures and post them up and show one another?

....and.....is it within parameters to *think* about what you're going to *make* within that 3.5 day period? Editing for clarity, I mean think beforehand

I can't believe I'm doing this.

Debra Baker

Yes, you can totally customize it to christianity. and you can totally think about your map between now and then. the deal is that the energy will naturally shift on april 8 1:32pm (PT)...so even if you wake up at 6am on the 8th all gungho to get your magazines and pictures and quotes etc... you will probably see that when it comes to pasting them on the board and commiting to what you want after 1:32...well, someof the things you just knew you were going to put on your board just won't "fit". Some of it will and some of it won't. I know it having btdt.

Yes, this is in Pacific Time, you go ahead and put it in your own time zone. I figure everyone knows how far they are from PT.

I don't think any of us have posted pictures. But honestly, don't worry....you really can't do these wrong. follow your gut, heart and intuition.

Quote:
For those of you who have done this in the past what do you think works better, pictures cut out of mags etc, or hand drawn, written words and the like?
honestly, it all is good. magazine pictures help with the visualization but again, it can be words...really whatever moves you.

#23 of 186 Old 03-15-2005, 09:57 AM

Aries New Moon is:

4:32pm Eastern Time,
3:32pm Central Time,
2:32pm Mountain Time,
1:32pm Pacific Time and
12:32 for Alaska and Hawaii (my datebook says so )

Let's dream!

Valérie   
#24 of 186 Old 03-16-2005, 02:46 PM

Thanks so much for answering! I told DH about this and he is also very excited about the idea. We are going to have our boys help out with making their own too. What a great family project. Also a fun excuse to go to Powells to look for magazines!
#25 of 186 Old 03-20-2005, 02:30 PM

Count me in! Thanks, Tracy for doing this with us again. Last year's map was very successful for me. I have at least one friend here is going to do one with me this year!

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#26 of 186 Old 03-22-2005, 01:33 PM

I'm going to have a brunch party, even though my house is under construction! So, I don't open the magazines before 4/8, but I can buy them?
#27 of 186 Old 03-22-2005, 04:55 PM

I am very excited to map out what I want to create this year! Last year's map was great for me. My husband,mom and friend all made one as well! It is amazing to me how much came true for all of us!

Last year I put out the intention of having another baby, I am 34 weeks pregnant now ! so I want to put good birthing vibes on mine, I will write affirmations again and use photo's. I just wonder where I put the birthing stuff, in family? spatiality? and because I expect to give birth in May that leaves the rest of the year... I think I will say " I have a healthy and happy baby, that sleeps and eats very well" or something like that in family section.

I just want to say to anyone who is new to the maps this year to dream BIG! my friend put pictures of swimming with dolphins and did, she put a castle and went to Europe, my Mom got a new job that is awesome!

The power of intention is huge and we really can have an effect on what we attract to our lives!
happy mapping everyone!

There's nothing you can know that isn't known. ~ John Lennon
#28 of 186 Old 03-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Banned

What about long term dreams. I want to go into medicine but I need to do well in college next year....do I put pictures representing my long term dreams and or (and which is it?) the success in college that I need to attain those dreams.

DB
#29 of 186 Old 03-23-2005, 01:45 AM

subscribing.... i'd like to try this!!

GREAT MOM to dd (5) and )ds( [sept 26 2006]
#30 of 186 Old 03-24-2005, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
So, I don't open the magazines before 4/8, but I can buy them?
yes. but of course I would encourage you to buy at least one magazine after new moon has started. Only because you will probably not consider that magazine before the moon but after it starts it might now seem appealing.

Quote:
I just wonder where I put the birthing stuff, in family? spatiality? and because I expect to give birth in May that leaves the rest of the year... I think I will say " I have a healthy and happy baby, that sleeps and eats very well" or something like that in family section.

Quote:
What about long term dreams. I want to go into medicine but I need to do well in college next year....do I put pictures representing my long term dreams and or (and which is it?) the success in college that I need to attain those dreams.
i think I would put it in the 'fame' section because it has to do with your Identity which is really what fame means. And I would put something in the Knowledge corner.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page