Important - Please Read - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-03-2002, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please read this message from Cynthia Mosher! Thanks!

http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...threadid=25985

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#2 of 7 Old 10-03-2002, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Good reminder, Thanks.

If I may though?

I grasp the "safe space" concept as pointed out in the one thread, agree with the idea, and will keep that in mind in the future.

However,

I have a problem with any such safe space being used as a haven for bashing other religions. With me this works in all directions, as I would hope my previous posts would bear out.

I was not trying to pick on any one particular poster when I responded on the "Where have all the Christians gone" thread, but was responding to the tone the Entire thread had taken on. The quote I quoted was merely the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. I apologize if that was not clear enough in my post.

"What will you do once you know?"
#3 of 7 Old 10-03-2002, 08:58 PM
Banned

Thank you, Meiri, you posted exactly my thoughts.

I, too, have great conerns regarding a MDC sanctioned 'comfort thread' containing a protected space for name calling other religions and bashing of all varieties, regardless of the poster's 'seeking' or otherwise assigned 'intent.'

Thanks, Cynthia for taking the time to post these rules.
#4 of 7 Old 10-03-2002, 09:06 PM

You guys, I don't think that Cynthia's post is specifically about that thread, or even the spirituality forum. There was another thread that was removed from the board (from a different forum), and I think that while the reminder is useful to all, this situation wasn't being singled out.

At least that's my take on it. I could be wrong.
#5 of 7 Old 10-03-2002, 11:21 PM

Arduinna is right--Cynthia's message has been posted in all forums by the moderators.
#6 of 7 Old 10-04-2002, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Yes, this is a general reminder that has arisen as a result of the removal of a thread. It really has nothing to do with the issues that are ongoing here in Spirituality. But because there is some question as to why we choose to remove a thread I felt it beneficial to explain and placed a post on the Rules and Guidelines board for that reason. I asked the moderators to place a link or copy of that on their boards for greater visibility.

Bashing of religion or any spiritual path is not acceptable here in a specified thread or in a general one. But I suspect the problem lies in one's perception of a word as "bashing" wherein the intent of the poster may likely not have been as it was perceived. Perhaps if the offended took the time to address the offense privately or refer it to a moderator for consideration rather than posting abruptly the intent could be explained without the thread deteriorating and being taken off topic.

I'm going to try to look through the threads of concern more completely and see what needs to be addressed. But I do ask that if you have a concern about a post and wish to address it in the thread your doing so should not take the discussion off topic. You should be seeking clarification of intent with good assumptions and respect. Otherwise it is better taken private or reported to us. We'd like to redirect this board to the supportive and informational forum it was intended to be and this would help us to achieve that.

Thanks for your understanding and if you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM Amy and me.

#7 of 7 Old 10-04-2002, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I realized this was posted on multiple forums after responding.

Thanks, Arduinna and Cynthia.

"What will you do once you know?"

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page