Curious?? Pagan and Christian (sort of) question - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-08-2002, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just curious why LDS and Unity churches are so accepting of us Pagans? and pagan mixes
Is it because the mainstream Christians tend to outcast them too?

(btw that is NOT meant to offend) I have a friend who is a high member of a Unity church and was told they are going to hell
and a friend who is LDS who was told "you are not the "right" kind of Christian so you can burn on satan's spit!"

Both of them accept my mixed path and me for who I am ...seems some others do too so was just truly curious..
#2 of 2 Old 11-09-2002, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cerridwen:

I am LDS, and since no one else has replied to your post, I just wanted to say that often we (Mormon, Latter-day Saints) feel like we _are_ singled out because of our differences. Maybe that's why the LDS people you have met are more accepting of you. We also have a teaching from our "Articles of Faith" by Joseph Smith, which he wrote in explaining some of our beliefs:

"We claim the privilege of worshipping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege; let them worship how, where, or what they may."

(This is almost exactly right--a near quote!)

HTH

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page