feng shui - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 217 Old 03-15-2003, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for posting this! I hope to make time to do this on New Moon ... and that day, a dear friend of mine is moving out on her own, leaving an umpteen-year marriage ... while I doubt she'll be able to do this ritual on the 1st, it's good to know there's a few days in there that the window is open, so to speak. I'm gonna e-mail her your post right now.

Thanks again! (And oh yeah, every once in awhile I think about your offer to look at my floorplan, but I've been overwhelmed by LIFE these days and haven't been able to get to it. I hope the offer is still on the table, and whenever I do get to send it to you, please know I'll have all the patience in the world ... well, I'll TRY to have all the patience in the world, but I'll be excited, so it'll be hard!)

Luci
#122 of 217 Old 03-18-2003, 03:03 AM - Thread Starter

standing by, when you need help on your floorplan....when you want... and i'll giv eyoumy small thoughts.....

glad you like the treasure map aries/ new moon. for me it is like christmas. I start getting excited like a kid the week before christmas. By the way, I've got so many friend doing it!

two years ago, my one friend was in her car in front of the magazine stand waiting for new moon to begin before she bought her magazines. I think her engine was idling for 15 minutes...

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#123 of 217 Old 03-21-2003, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

by the way.....

if anyone is still going to buy some feng shui books.
Please double check with Powell's books.
There is a Powell's book icon here on mothering dot com. I just learned from cynthia that any book we buy through Powell's...and that's why you have to click the icon here... anyway, any book bought on powell's will give a portion to mothering dot com.

it all helps keep the computer lights on!

#124 of 217 Old 03-28-2003, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

I making one more announcement on the Treasure Map exercise.

This monday April 1st ....is Aries New Moon. For those inclined...this is the monday to make your maps! I can't encourage it enough.

Have fun!

#125 of 217 Old 03-29-2003, 01:12 AM

Oh my, I love this thread!!

I have already sent dh down to the garbage/recycling with a pile of stuff, and I have another big pile set aside to donate. I immediately felt a weight lifted from me...

I will definitely be doing my treasure map on April 1st Do I wait until after 11:19 to start it?

Every one who contributed to this thread, thank you so much!! It was exactly what I was looking for
Samantha
#126 of 217 Old 03-29-2003, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Yes... wait until 11:19am to even buy your magazines.
My one friend was in front of the magazine stand with her car idling...for 15 minutes waiting for new moon to start.

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this new moon treasure map.

The "phase" before New is balsamic (Yeah, like the vinegar) and it is the time of the month when we release and let go so this is a wonderful time to get rid of stuff. It is also the crankiest time of the moon...and I feel it.. my husband is cranky...my son is cranky...mother in law, moms in the park... it is just an extra creepy crummy balsamic.... the war doesn't help. It is the balsamic time of the month and the balsamic phase of the year... release, release, release...

anyway, back to feng shui.... happy treasure mapping.. and anyone who has been lurking and been thinking about feng shuiing.... I go for it on new moon.... (see times for your time zone in earlier posting)

good luck to all.....
by the way...did everyone see Frogertgirl's posting in TTC. Very cool.

#127 of 217 Old 03-30-2003, 05:58 PM

okay, got dh on board for the treasure mapping. but a quick question to clarify, trabot... do you have to *buy* new magazines to create your map? we have stacks here i'd rather go through, just for economy's sake. also, could you draw (he's an artist) your desires?
#128 of 217 Old 03-30-2003, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

yes, you can draw. I'd encourage it.

I personally don't feel comfortable using old magazines. It is OLD energy...it is all last year's. I had one friend who used old mags and I think her map was a little weaker and less productive.

Remember, you don't have to buy a lot.

I think I'm only going to buy three.

THINK BIG...DREAM BIG...VISUALIZE BIG..... STRETCH YOUR BRAIN AND DESIRES. If you are like me you are so beaten down by motherhood and toddlers, just dreaming of one hour a day of free time seems like a lot...but I encourage even a bit bigger dream.

#129 of 217 Old 03-30-2003, 09:51 PM

okay, new mags for me, drawing for dh. got it.
and think big. gotcha. i was actually going to do world peace on part of my map, is that too big?
i'm excited now too. it is a great exercise, regardless of the outcome...
warmly,
susan
#130 of 217 Old 03-31-2003, 01:15 AM

Ha ha, I was just going to ask the same question about drawing, my dh wants to do a treasure map too and asked if he could draw what he is hoping and dreaming for.

I am so excited, I am probably going to be at the newstand at 11 waiting to buy my magazines : Im going to try to explain it to my 4yo because he loves cutting and pasting, maybe he can do a mini treasure map
#131 of 217 Old 03-31-2003, 08:54 AM

Is this something we're supposed to display, or put away, or destroy ritually, or what?

I'm wondering if I need to make a space for it on my altar or elsewhere ... and that would govern how big I make the thing! (And what I use for backing, too.)

I'm going to pick up my widowed auntie for a visit today, and then delivering her to my sister's tomorrow ... I'm wondering if I can get them to make treasure maps, too! (Both of them could REALLY use some good new treasures for themselves!)

Thanks again for this wonderful idea. I'm really hopeful about this project!

L
#132 of 217 Old 03-31-2003, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

you should put your map up some place where you can see it. I usually put mine up in my bedroom so I can see it pretty often. I have looked at it at many times during the last year. And you should know I did get some things in the map and got on the road to the other things...much closer than I was before....
But this year I'm reaching out bigger....

by the way... if you can..include a photo of yourself..somewhere in the map.

You can also put the map in a place you feel comfortable looking at it but maybe where the whole world doesn't see it... It is your call. I had one friend put her's in her closet...but if you must know, she didn't want her husband to see it.... (long story about how I feel about that!...but no editorials today)

Oh, I hope your widowed auntie makes a map! Just hearing about her makes me think she could really enjoy the process of wishing and hoping and wanting.....

(when you do it you will see how powerful this is.... if you are like me when I first did it...you have no idea how many walls we keep up from 'wanting' 'wishing'.

Yes, I would definitely encourage your little one to make a map! You'll have to get a youthful magazine, too.

Oh, ONE other thing........ it is interesting that some of you are having your DH make a map. My husband does a map every year too. But here is somethign I'm going to do for the first time. My girlfriend suggested it...she said she felt we should do it and she is encouraging all her married friends to do it too..... my husband and I are going to make a little map which will be our marriage/family map. Just a separate one for our family wishes and wants. I know that sounds weird because family will naturally be apart of our own personal maps.... but this is just one little one that will be thought jointly. I think last year my map had so much family stuff on it because of my new ds....and the same with my husband's..... but this year we will have DS within our personal boards but we'll do one for our family wants/wishes and that's were we'll lay it on thick for son.... strong, healthy, play...etc.......

I mean...we both need career boosts, we both need financial boosts... I have got some creative project that have got to go further... I need to focus that on my own personal map...and there will be son/family stuff...but the big thrust of son/family/family goals will be on the joint map.

and one last reminder..... I like to use the feng shui grid for my map.... relationship up in the top right corner... wealth in the top left.... you know the grid....

time reminders...

Aries new moon is coming up. 11:19am PST, 12:19 MST,1:19pm CST, 2:19EST.
April 1st.

HAVE FUN!!!!!

#133 of 217 Old 03-31-2003, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Just a grid reminder for the maps....

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

see that above?
imagine your whole house under that numerical grid. evenly spaced.

relationship is the 3 area

might as well go over the rest.
1 is wealth
2 is fame
3 is relationship
4 is family
5 is health
6 is creativity and children
7 is knowledge
8 is work
9 ishelper/angels

position that on your MAP!

I usually put my photo in fame and or health.... not that you have to...that's where I do it...

#134 of 217 Old 03-31-2003, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

god my postings are endless today..... listen one last thing....IF YOU DON'T FEEL YOU HAVE TIME TODAY....don't worry. You have until I would guess thursday morning.... to do the map. I say I guess because I don't have my little astro chart here...but basically you have about 3 days to do the map.....

#135 of 217 Old 03-31-2003, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

H****E****L*****P******

I SCREWED UP.... I CAN'T BELIEVE IT...

OH, MY GAWD.......... TODAY ISN'T APRIL 1ST.....I CAN'T BELIEVE IT....

TODAY IS THE 31ST.... I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT...WHERE IS THAT ICON...

This should give you an IDEA how excited I get for aires new moon..... I thought today was April 1st.... Frogetgirl..thank you, thank, thank you...

everything above applies.... TOMORROW!!!!!

I should not be allowed on this thread again...I'm so sorry. My enthusiasm run it over....

Okay...please don't think I'm an idiot...even if I am.... I screwed up thinking today was April 1st. When I turned my calander page over... I thought the first was a monday...it is tomorrow!!!!

Toddler energy and calendar juggling is so difficult....

#136 of 217 Old 03-31-2003, 05:10 PM

I looked at my calender this morning and realized the same thing!
My dh kept saying monday was the 1st too, so I was really mixed up (I hope they didn't do their April fools joke today )

Not to worry - no magazines were bought and no maps were made, now we just have to wait one more day.
#137 of 217 Old 03-31-2003, 06:46 PM

We are going to start building a house. Now, like most home builders, we need more money. It's amazing how much a new well and septic system can cost. In truth, it's amazing how much every little thing can cost.
How would I express needing more money in the map? I want extra almost free money. You said dream big. .... Do I put in pics of money? write down the dream dollar amount? Do I just put in pics of expensive elements in a dream house with the intention that it will be provided for? any suggestions?
#138 of 217 Old 03-31-2003, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

There is a couple ways to do it.... generate pictures of things that reflect wealth and put it in the areas (f.s.) of your board...
like the top left corner is the wealth corner.
I also have asked a really, really wealthy friend of mine who is also very, very spiritual to give me a Twenty dollar bill. She always obliges... one year she gave me a fifty and I put it on the board.
Also, money in the angels area is good.... money coming from all kinds of sources....

I did that last year and I did get goofy money in different ways...

Also... write wishes on your computer and print it up and cut them out and put them on your map.

Maybe something like..."The money I need for my gorgeous new home abundantly flows into my life."

to get more detailed...

"I have total clarity in seeing the correct paththat will lead to my making money in a way that is in my overall best interests"...

Write all kinds of things you want and print them up... I u sually use a large font.

I don't know why I'm even answering...I'm still so ashamed I got the date wrong.... too much enthusiam.

#139 of 217 Old 03-31-2003, 08:37 PM
Banned

Trabot, go easy on yourself! We all must have needed the extra time to plan and be clear on going about our maps. It's all good.

The New Moon in Aries is harmoniously aligned with Neptune in these first couple of weeks (1-15) as the Moon waxes so that makes this time of dreaming, wishing, and spiritually aligning ourselves even groovier! Neptune is all about the dream. Nothing like the Ram for shoving one in the butt to dream NOW.

I'm looking forward to making my map. It's gonna be a challenge with DS sleeping with the boob all the time, but I'm determined!
#140 of 217 Old 04-01-2003, 05:25 PM
Banned

Okay, needing some help here. I bought an 'In Style' mag and a Home mag.

I'm going through the photos and nothing is connecting with my wishes!

What kind of magazine clippings go in the 'Wisdom' area?

'Angels and Helpers'? If I put a mag clipping of someone in the 'Helpers' area but I don't know this person, what am I saying?

And for the 'Career' area - I'm just not seeing anything either. A magazine photo of someone not working so my DH won't be a slave to his job?

Argh. Sorry I'm struggling here - any ideas?

I'm fine with typing affirmations, just the magazines are not clicking here with those affirmations. Maybe i should draw instead? I don't want a new car, or a sofa, or a new outfit or some makeup - that's what I see in the mags!
#141 of 217 Old 04-01-2003, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

I think I would go ahead and write the affirmations....

I would then relook at the magazines...just in case after you've done the affirmations if there is something that symbolically matches what you want.

I know one year I put a gentle stream in the wealth area and I had some kind of affirmation that money was always flowing towards me..plus I included the bill from my friend.

If your husband is doing a map and he got some magazines you might want to take a look at his.

In wisdom area I have sometimes put spiritual icons.... I know even though I'm not catholic I like the virgin of quadalupe...so I cut her out of something and put her in wisdom.. as though she was always sending me wisdom.

You can also put something spiritual in the angels and guides area.... one year I put an envelope in that area and put a card in it with spiritual messages. I had one friend put a photocopy of her dead grandmother whom she was very close to and whom she considered a guardian angle for her.....

Career is kind of easy for me because there are some specific jobs that I want. Maybe if you are a SAHM you just pick out a loving photo from maybe even MOthering....

By the way for a home..today I'm buying a local paper and puttting some listings from the area of town I want to buy.

I hope this is of some help...

#142 of 217 Old 04-01-2003, 07:05 PM
Banned

Those ideas are all so helpful, Trabot! Thank you. I was hung up on endless photos of Meg Ryan and JLo and products everywhere and didn't have a clue.

I'll have to think more symbolically.
#143 of 217 Old 04-01-2003, 08:28 PM

oh my god, I'm so excited about what I'm reading here! It's the new moon for the new year and I'm OVULATING. WHOOPIE!! maybe this is the one!! I'm going to go move the stuff out from under my bed (but not distrub the dust bunnies??!) and have crazy sex in the children/creativity corner of my house (fortunately, there's a sofa there!). Then maybe afterwards I can talk dh into treasure mapping with me. YAY! Thanks so much for this thread and the one on TTC that led me here.
#144 of 217 Old 04-02-2003, 05:02 AM - Thread Starter

frogertgirl..I couldn't control myself. I bought that Instyle too.
God, half of the people in there didn't look like themselves...too much plastic surgery.
still creating my map...it's going to take all week.

#145 of 217 Old 04-02-2003, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter

tamdoggy...good luck!!!!
Just so you know...if you have success..you'll have either a cap or an aquarian....

but now back to feng shui.....
yes, please don't disturb the dust.
and put up some fun things to look at in the C&C section... how about a pair of booties.

#146 of 217 Old 04-02-2003, 01:59 PM

trabot, so glad to hear you are taking more than 1 day to make your map. i got up this morning and mine looked pretty pathetic. i'm discovering all sorts of things about what i let myself hope for and believe in and what i don't!:
meanwhile, dh was up til 1 a.m. creating a very artistic and symbolic statement that only he can decipher vs. my very blatant rectangular pictures and prosaic affirmations. ah, if only i was able to sleep thru the night undisturbed too...
#147 of 217 Old 04-02-2003, 05:19 PM

It's a GOOOOOD thing we didn't have to do it all in one sitting ... because I still haven't finished, and don't feel anywhere close, once I got on a roll. It's hard not to want to buy $100 worth of magazines just for the option of using all those pictures!

And yes, I did get my aunt and sister to do them, too! We all started together, and then had to pack up before they were done (it's a long story) ... and then before we could get back to them I needed to go home with my babies. But apparently they finished theirs later Tuesday night (I'm guessing they weren't thinking/wishing as big and bold as I would've liked them to, but it's their first time, right? And I know they had ALOT of fun doing it.) ... and I've been up to my eyeballs since. Will try to get back to it tonight and wrap it up tomorrow. Still okay timing, yes? I'm guessing that, since my intentions are heading there all this time, surely that's got to count, even if it isn't all pasted down yet.

Thanks again, Trabot friend, for this wonderful experience! I look forward to watching my map bring goodies to me!

Luci
#148 of 217 Old 04-02-2003, 06:27 PM

I'm doing one of those semi-cryptic : artist versions, where I draw everything. I went out to look at magazines and couldn't bring myself to spend the money on magazines that I won't really even read. Chalk that up to all of the feng shui reorganizing designed to make me spend less money.

It's kind of fun. Some of the drawings are nice. Some are simplistic, but happy. I even used my son's glitter paint, which made the paper wrinkle lots. I seem to have a problem smudging ink, but I'm trying to let the dreams and ideas flow freely.
#149 of 217 Old 04-02-2003, 08:42 PM

I am still working on mine too When do we have to finish them by?

I am definitely dreaming big! I got some fabulous magazines but I am trying to cut my pictures out and not disturb the articles because I really want to read them.
And at the book store where I bought my magazines there was a mark down section and I found a Lillian Too's book on sale.
#150 of 217 Old 04-02-2003, 11:18 PM

I have a question, what is everyone making them on? And how big are they? This is so great!!! Thank you Trabot!!! By the way Trabot, I have a question for you, feng shui related I guess... what do you do about negative energy in the house? We have tenants downstairs who are very problematic and who are constantly fighting with us and so now we are moving, but I was wondering if you had any suggestions for me until we find a place to move to. Thank you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page