feng shui - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 217 Old 05-18-2003, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have moved and gotten settled into our rental home. What a positive change in the energy! I'm not sure if it's the treasure map kicking in, or the layout of the rental home or both, but our energies seemed to have shifted to a much more positive outlook, more organized, more joyful, more confident.

The kitchen is in the relationships area. It's bright sunny, large, and not overly cluttered. The wealth area is the back entry, so I have to work at keeping it brightened up and tidy. I added some soft round leafed plants out there, like a violet with purple flowers, a prayer plant, and an orchid.

We closed on the sale of our house and paid off a big bill. We've got a new studio work schedule organized & running. I've got a nice job taking shape and was able to refuse a job that doesn't make sense for me right now.

To top it off, I got a fabulous easy haircut yesterday- finally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 217 Old 05-18-2003, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
tannibani, I'm so sorry you missed the aries new moon treasure map. It really was extra fun this year for me. However, all is not lost... if you want, there is something one other friend and I have done...we didn't do it every year because of time and what not...but the year I met my boyfriend who later became my husband we did do it.
We made Love Boxes on Cancer new moon. Kind of the same principle as the treasure maps..but it had to do with relationships and love and similiar notions. It wasn't as all emcompassing as maps but it still was pretty potent.

If you want to know more let me know and I'll post it. I don't want to clog the fs thread... I can start another thread on it. I kind of have not done them in the last couple of years because I've been so busy, getting married, getting pregnant, having our son...but there is something kind of nice about rekindleling (sp?) the relationship.

let me know.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#183 of 217 Old 05-18-2003, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

leaflady...all your movements sounds so invigorating and so delicious and so wonderful. I'm so happy for you. But at the same time I have to admit my enviousness... MY GOD I NEED A HAIRCUT!!!!

I have been waiting until mercury goes to direct to book it....but it is driving me nuts. And I will feel so much better about my self..still recuperating from seeing my naked body at a spa last week...diet, diet, diet... must buy that atkins book.

and by the way, on my map is a very thin model looking girl so she is definitely influencing me.

good work on all great stuff

#184 of 217 Old 05-18-2003, 06:07 PM
Banned

Wonderful to read all the updates! Tanibani, I agree, not too late. I'd wait until mercury goes direct to start. And June is such a rocking month! I cannot wait until June is here and this rough month of May passes.

DH continues to see good things in his work. Very much hoping a bad business relationship was put to rest with the lunar eclipse. Has a really really good interview tomorrow but with the merc rx, we'll see.

I need help with cleaning our home, organizing, beautification of me. I put that on my grid and want it now!
#185 of 217 Old 05-18-2003, 06:45 PM

i'm sad that i missed the aries new moon stuff too. that sounded like heaps of fun!

i'm interested in hearing about your love box thing for cancer new moon. i guess one could have sort of a manifestation ritual for every new moon, keeping it within the theme of the sign.. but maybe so many would cause it to lose its potency. hmm.. and, like i can't really think of what one might wish for on gemini new moon. new books?
#186 of 217 Old 05-18-2003, 09:24 PM

Trabot, please start a new thread on that!!! My love life would really appreciate some focus (and so would DH). :LOL

10 - boy
5.5 - girl
#187 of 217 Old 05-20-2003, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Not hijacking this thread regarding mercury..... but did want to let others know ...retrograde is over as of today... here's one of my favorite astrologers..... and her link.

Tuesday, May 20th, 2003
More changes. Mercury is facing forward again and today is the last day of solar Taurus. Gemini begins tomorrow at 4:12 a.m. PDT, so take care of those earthy, practical chores while you’re still in the mood. In airy Gemini, we tend to be on the move, checking out new possibilities, considering both sides of every story we hear. The airy Aquarius moon today (as of 8:01 a.m.) helps establish an intelligent mindset, which, we assume, will affect the way we deal with whatever comes up. Mercury stationing (changing direction) can be confusing, so if you’ve been waiting for this day to place your order, repair your car, phone the folks who haven’t returned your call, etc., go slow. There’s always tomorrow. Interesting that Ari Fleischer, Mr. Executive Voice himself, used yesterday’s Capricorn moon/Mercury-Jupiter square to announce his departure. At 42, he’s in full mid-life crisis, searching for another career and soul satisfaction. Years ago, the crisis would sound something like, “Gee, I need to stop trading stocks and amassing big bucks, and teach the kids in the old neighborhood how to shoot hoops.” Nowadays, those kids have agents hovering in the wings, and the guy’s stock portfolio looks fairly feeble. Nonetheless, those of you in that fragile age group (40-44), which is when transiting Neptune squares your natal Neptune and Uranus opposes its original position, know the feeling.

http://www.laweekly.com/rockie/rocki...&SUBMIT=Search

#188 of 217 Old 05-20-2003, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

i start a love box thread. I've give a singular thread so that feng shui isn't taken too far off track.

by the way, last night I had a dream about the feng shui prosperity book. weird.

#189 of 217 Old 06-16-2003, 12:58 AM

okay, i need some advice if anyone has any.

i just picked up a feng shui book in which the author says if your kid's room is in the prosperity corner of your house, you could have some issues with reverse-authority.. well, not only is my boy's room in the prosperity corner, but it's a huge accent- it sticks out about 10 feet from the rest of the back of our place. and MAN, does this seem to be true. granted, he's always been very 'needy' i guess (he's spirited and needs lots of attention), but he had been mellowing out since turning three, and since we moved here, he seems to need my attention CONSTANTLY. he never stops talking, he's almost always demanding or wanting something, and he has been intentionally doing the opposite of whatever i ask of him lately. i really do feel as if he's running this house most of the time and it's driving me bonkers. i can't convert his room into anything else.. our place is so small, it's the only place that can accomodate his toys and his bed, etc (tho he does still sleep with me).. any ideas?? i threw some purple satiny material in there (for prosperity stuff) and a plant, but are there any other possible cures for this sorta thing that anyone knows of? i'm kinda going nuts here, and i really would like some balance back in our relationship, and to regain my 'authority' as a parent, and as much as feng shui can help, i will do it!!
#190 of 217 Old 06-19-2003, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

mama beard:
you can't push him down a few feet into the family section?

#191 of 217 Old 06-19-2003, 06:41 PM

no.. cuz- then his room would be in the entrance way of the house!.. this is actually something i'm curious about.. our entrance is at the far left of our place, in the skills and knowledge section, and is the opposite of an accent. our place is long and skinny, so each section is long but only about 4 or 5 feet wide. hope i'm explaining this well.. it's like a long thin rectangle, but on the left edge there's a missing piece, and a jutting out (skills and prosperity). so i guess i should consider the area of the deck that fills out the rest of skills as part of it?

but anyway.. to answer your question, i can't move his room or stuff over. thankfully tho, our family area is a really adorable little sitting room with a big beautiful window and plants and a table and chairs, overlooking a really beautiful, huge tree.
#192 of 217 Old 06-19-2003, 07:49 PM

Phew! I just read through this whole thread. Wonderful stuff! I need to get a book. Up until now I have done small things, we are de-cluttering. Moved the bed and bought a headboard, small stuff like that but I know nothing. Our relationship area is DS's room- 10 year old. The hearts on the window sounds like a great idea. I am so excited about this. What is the best kind of couch to get? We have a nasty couch that I finally convinced DH to let me get rid of. It is stinky and dirty and the cushions you sit on won't stay on it. I have sewed them down, biuttoned them down, and last I safety pinned them down but nothing will hiold them. Is it better we get just chairs? What is the best? I wish one of you could see the odd shape of our living space so that I could explain whay I ask this better LOL!!!

Oh- big Question- is The Western Guide to Feng Shui (it is also by Collins) a good book or do I need the one "to prosperity" ?
#193 of 217 Old 06-21-2003, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

mara, my suggestion is get the prosperity book. EVen if that is not an issue for you... I think the example she gives in the book are so clar and concise and so helpful that it will get your mind thinking 'very feng shui' and you'll be able to sort all the other departments easier. Then get the other book.
Just my opinion.

#194 of 217 Old 06-22-2003, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter

by the way...where is leaflady these days?

#195 of 217 Old 06-22-2003, 08:50 AM

I'm still here, pondering how the energy is flowing around the toys scattered across the floor.

We have house plans and are chasing down subcontractors for estimates. I'm am trying to renew my intent for the speedy building and establishment of our new home.
#196 of 217 Old 06-22-2003, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

leaflady, you might catch a little 'breeze' with your house intent stuff on or after cancer new moon.

Cancer New Moon begins 2:39p EDT. JUne 29th.

I would forgot about any house about 3 days before the new. Just rest, let it go. And then dig in with a new focus and energy on the 29th. (after 2:39p EDT).

#197 of 217 Old 06-22-2003, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Treasure Map follow up:

Well, on june 29th is the beginning of cancer new moon and as I indicated back on treasure map time, aries new moon..... we start to see some changes by cancer new moon. Certainly not everything in our map but some areas should have had some 'movement."

in my own case.... I have indicated that I need to lose weight and on my map I put this skinny girl from a magazine that has her head down and she has hair like me and if you close your eyes and take some kind of narcotic.... she might sort of look like me. Close enough.
Anyway, I started a diet ten days ago... Atkins...and frankly it really appears to be dropping off. I haven't weighed myself yet but I have definitely lost, clothes fit better and my whole body feels different. I haven't felt this 'light' in a long time. I'm not there by any means...but I really feel movement afoot.

my abundance and work stuff appears to be moving along and the stuff I put on the map about family stuff is definitely happening.

I thought I would post a little update.

#198 of 217 Old 06-22-2003, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

oh, one more thing.

If anyone hasn't done any feng shui stuff in awhile or has been wanting to jump start it...

use Cancer moon as a jumping off point.

Cancer rules home, food, family and kitchens.... just to give you an idea why it would be such a good feng shui time.

#199 of 217 Old 06-22-2003, 03:06 PM

Thanks for the update on the new moon timing!
#200 of 217 Old 06-23-2003, 03:22 AM

Thanks Trabot for the new moon info. Nice timing, we are doing a move soon and I really feel the need to realax a bit before it gets crazy, so I will heed your advice.

As for my treasure map, I have had huge movements in the last month. I put a map of where I wanted to live, and words and images depicting what I wanted in a house and home, and lo and behold we found our dream house in the area of the map. I put many treas, water, and clear paths, also a beach with a huge sky, and our new home is right in front of a beautiful beach, surrounded by many trees. And our paths are becoming very clear. Everything regarding this house was a gift, it happened fatefully in so many ways, its weird.

It seems to be working though! Now if I could only get that world peace area working...
#201 of 217 Old 06-30-2003, 12:53 AM

SO - did everyone get a nice feng shui boost from the new moon? I got tons done, including cleaning up the prosperity areas of all my rooms and decluttereing even more STUFF!!

I just have to put in another work for Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui by Karen Kingston. I have it on audio and I will put it on and just clean away. DH thinks I am a little crazy, but he cleared off the top of his dresser and it had been needing it for a LOOOOONG time.

happy feng shui-ing everyone!!

thistle
#202 of 217 Old 06-30-2003, 09:24 AM
Banned

Karen Kingston...she rocks!!

db
#203 of 217 Old 06-30-2003, 11:06 AM

Oh! Thank you for this thread, saw the spin off in ttc and came over here. I have been cleaning like a madwoman! I can actually see my closet floor. I am finally getting rid of all the junk I have been carting around for years. Thank you for the inspiration. I think the new moon in Cancer (I am a Cancer ) really helped kick me into gear!

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#204 of 217 Old 06-30-2003, 12:08 PM

Hello everybody!

Thanks Trabot for the new moon update...

My house has been going through a lot of things. I will consider the new moon to start putting things in order, and work on the space.

I have invited a friend to come to my house because he has been kicked off his appartment because he was not paying the rent (he is broke down). The plan was he would stay for a couple of days. He came 8 days ago and does not seem to have found another place yet. And now, his presence and the presence of his things and his cat, and the food and toilet of his cat is driving me mad. In the middle i'm going through a very difficult time with my SO, we had decided to live separated during some time. We took the decission las Thursday 26, but the following day, Friday 27 his father died. We are in an "impasse" right now about getting divorced. The house is full of stuff of other people, I'm sad so sad just about thinking my husband will leave the house soon. I feel we need to organize the energy, I believe things can get better if we work on them.

Any ideas, suggestions, comments?

Thanks (I feel better by just having written this)

Hugs to all of you!
Ivana
#205 of 217 Old 06-30-2003, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

ivanhoe,
i'm very concerned about your house.

I remember when you posted awhile ago that there were problems in the house and we even discussed if the couple before you had fought a lot and if they broke up. I feel the house is "off".

also, I see you are BA and my friends from Argentina have told me all their personal stories about the money problems there. The country is "off" right now and I think your house is "off".

If you don't want a divorce and I think that is true... I would tell dh you don't want it and I would stall any huge movement from him to split.
If you want the name of a counselor pm me and I'll ask my BA friend. (she moved up here) but she still talks to her therapist).

I would also move quickly and find a Feng Shui consultant and make a budge deal with them to come over to your house. And then I would get a priest or somone to come bless this house.

by the way.. I want to recommend a book about arguing and fighting... It is the best, I think if you read this book it will make you think in a different way as you think back on your 'fightng" with your dh.

amazon has it in spanish. here is the link.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

regarding the friend.... clean the house, organize his stuff... don't focus too much on him yet. God might have sent you a companion for a minute or two...for a reason. IMO.

good luck.

by the way, cancer new moon is 3.5 days long. do as much as you can during this period but use the whole 29 day cycle for the work.

#206 of 217 Old 06-30-2003, 01:34 PM

Thanks Trabot for your answer and for remembering my story.

I do have a therapist and so does my dh (we are doing psicoanalysis), anyways thanks for offering help with that.

Very interesting what you say about our friend and his staying. Nice perspective.

My husband does not want to leave. He wants to stay, but sometimes it gets very difficult. He has other personal problems (he's an artist and he has had a very bad time the last two years, meaning no echonomic retribution for his job, a situation that has deteriorated our relationship) He is sad, depressed, etc.

The old owners of the house were a very old couple (they were more than 80) that lived there with an even older (96) cousin of the woman. I've known the women are very sad and cry everyday because they miss the house. I can't help but feel a bit guilty about that. I don't know if they were big fighters. I'm trying not to fight. I just stay calm and leave when a see a storm is coming. I will check that book. Thanks!

My husband is travelling next Thursday until next week to a city by the see where he will throw his father's ashes. I plan to use that time to think an reflect about what's going on. Hopefully this new scenario will change the things. i have thought about selling the house (for no reason), although I don't want to experience the stress of a moving so soon.

Again, thanks for your help.
I
#207 of 217 Old 06-30-2003, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

good luck on the house.
I think the book will be very helpful.

Curious to see if the full moon brings more information.

#208 of 217 Old 07-20-2003, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

hmmmmmmm........

I'm going to post this here... even though it isn't exactly feng shui-ish...

my FS called me up last week and said that she was going to bring a few of her really spiritual friends and associates together and invite a few other people to get together for a little prayer. And chant. (she's buddhist).

She said she was VERY, VERY concerned about the energy out there now. She felt that there was something brewing and it was making a lot of strong people off balance which kind of made her concerned.

Since this call was completely unsolicited by me..I thought it was strangely coincidental since I had been kind of feeling 'somthing' too but hadn't put it to words.

Anyway, another friend of mine went to a psychic whom I know and she said to my friend, again, unsolicited that she was praying the other day and she saw three red lines going to buddha and she was very, very concerned. this psychic lived in lower manhattan and moved to california about six months before 9/11 because she started getting a weird vibe.

I personally don't like to spin fear and that's not exactly what I think is happening... I think it just more of a weird vibe. I can't put my finger on it, exactly.

#209 of 217 Old 07-20-2003, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

on another note:

Thistle has started another FS thread and I must admit that this thread is getting kind of long. I'm going to go ahead and put a link to thistles and I'll include this one in that thread..but it might be nice to move to a new thread. Kind of Feng shui-ing the FS thread.

http://216.92.20.151/discussions/sho...threadid=74808

#210 of 217 Old 07-20-2003, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

oh, one other thing.....

I've been seeing butterflies all over. I mean in really weird places. Big, yellow and black (monarch, I think) butterflies. Everyone was following this big one at the beach yesterday. I never see butterflies at the beach. And then my friend called me today and said there was one at his door, a huge one.

hmmm

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page