A question on dreams or perhaps more dream states... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-13-2002, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have odd dreams.. I was wondering what you all think.. THis was the closest forum i could think of so forgive if it isn't the proper one...

It happened to me again today.. I have dreams where i can't wake up.. Or when i feel like i am falling asleep in my dreams and i seem to fall into my self.. Does that make any sense at all?? All of this happens with odd dreams or non-sequiter dreams sort of like my mind is flipping through things.. Sometimes it's when i am having a dream of things i feel happened long ago before i was born.. I know none of this makes much sense, but i was wondering what you guys thought.. Do you dream like this.. Have you ever heard of anyone that does.. I have had dreams like this since i was little..

Thanks for any input or replies you have.. Forgive me if i am a freak..

Warm Squishy Feelings...

Dyan

It's lonely being the only XX in a house of XYs.
#2 of 7 Old 11-15-2002, 02:17 AM

I can't believe I am responding to this b/c I know nothing about dreams. Although I have lots of dreams, some are very vivid although I don't really know what they mean, I think it will be interesting to see if anyone responds to your thread.

I did find it rather interesting a few months ago I took one of those personality tests and it said suggested several jobs that fit my profile where a physic or mystic. I did take comfort in the fact that only 1-2% of the population had my personality profile. sounds like you might be on of the other ones like me.

Sorry I know this is what you were looking for, but I just wanted to tell you that I think you are quite normal
#3 of 7 Old 11-15-2002, 03:30 AM

I don't think its the same, but I have dreams that I am lying in bed and I can't get up. Its as if I'm paralyzed or my body is asleep, but my mind wants/knows it needs to get up and move, but my body won't wake up and my limbs feel heavey and my mind is drowsey and cannot will my body to awaken. I'm usually in some kind of danger, but I am not sure what it is, I just know I need to move and get up urgently, but I can't wake up.

However, my dreams are never clear. My mind wanders and no clear story-line is apparent to me. Its mainly just foggy images and feelings that have no apparent connection to one another.

Karen Mommy of McKenna 2003 & Alysson 2004 homebirth.jpg Expecting stork-girl.gif an early Christmas Present
#4 of 7 Old 11-15-2002, 11:08 PM

"Dreams" where you are lying in bed and can't move are actually indicitive of astral projection, where your spirit is out and about, yet some part of your concious mind is awake enough to notice it's not all there! So is jerking awake, or feeling like you're falling (back into your body), and so is feeling very strongly like you've visited some place or person you really wanted to see.

Other dreams can be simply the brain burning off excess whatever, truly nonsense.

Other dreams can be fragments of remembered past lives or of conversations we've had with our guardian angels during sleep.

#5 of 7 Old 11-16-2002, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies eveyone... I thought this thread was going to die a lonesome unanswered death!!

I wondered if it could be some kind of astral projection... Or past life revisted... I have those the most often i think... At least they are the most remembered...

Like i said I have dreamed like this since i was younger.. I do have the jerking awake thing happens, or i feel like i jerk awake and throw something "off" of me.. I don't know if that is the same thing....

Good to know other people have at least HEARD of things like this and it isn't just me...

The past life ones are the hardest because they are usually very sad, and the feelings from them linger...

Like i said... Thanks for the replies....At least i don't feel like a freak anymoe..

Warm Squishy Feelings...

Dyan

It's lonely being the only XX in a house of XYs.
#6 of 7 Old 11-16-2002, 04:47 AM

Hmmm I wonder if I am dreaming about another life. I almost never dream about people I know IRL. The places are not familar to my waking life either. I just wish my dreams weren't so foggy and unclear.

Karen Mommy of McKenna 2003 & Alysson 2004 homebirth.jpg Expecting stork-girl.gif an early Christmas Present
#7 of 7 Old 11-16-2002, 06:48 AM

Dyan

you are so not a freak!!!! I've had similar dreams...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page