wayne dyer/carolyn myss fans? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 11-15-2002, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm just curious if there are any mdc'ers who are hip to carolyn myss or Wayne dyer?

I have several of their books and have listened to many of their different tapes.

I am new to mdc and I have been really enjoying all the different catagories and reading the different postings, of which I certainly have contrbuted. But one thing that struck me after I read a particularly nervous thread..was how focused on fear many of the postings are and that fear stuff is so anti wayne dyer and carolyn myss.
I'm not saying we don't have our fears..I certainly have mine but when I really do the wayne dyer stuff or even the carolyn myss work, get really centered and find my being....I'm not scared.

know what I mean?

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#2 of 17 Old 11-15-2002, 10:00 AM

I've been a part of Myss' community for many years. The discussions there are very insightful. I do energy work, and the way she lays out the concepts of energy anatomy has been very helpful both in my work and for my own personal growth/healing.

edited to add--and yes, there are many times (not just here) where this information makes me aware of how different my perspective is.
#3 of 17 Old 11-15-2002, 10:12 AM

when i used to get pbs, i watched the pledge drive with wayne dyer about three times. i really wish i had had a vcr then cuz i would have recorded it to watch again and again to stick it to my psyche permanently. i think he has a wonderful message and is very sensible; gives us woo woos a good name. that reminds me, i came across his book the sky's the limit in a box the other day. i should probably read it.
#4 of 17 Old 11-15-2002, 10:16 AM

another good book along that vein is Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting by Lynn Grabhorn. she believes not only how we think, but how we feel effects everything we bring into our lives. the book is really fun and irreverant, and she has these excercises to train yourself to feeel love and gratitude and joy into your life. really like that one.
#5 of 17 Old 11-15-2002, 10:37 AM

trabot and mamabeard, I'd like to invite you both to join our manifesting circle--perhaps you'd enjoy it!

http://216.92.20.151/discussions/sho...threadid=30103
#6 of 17 Old 11-16-2002, 03:50 AM

thanks ladylee,

i guess you didn't see me there hiding behind the curtains, huh? i would love to join in. it is really inspiring to just go there and read about all the wellwishers and feel the good vibes.
#7 of 17 Old 11-16-2002, 10:37 AM

c'mon over-I've saved you a spot....
#8 of 17 Old 11-16-2002, 02:31 PM

I am very fond of Wayne Dyer. I heard him on the radio and it inspired me to get his most recent book. I had never heard of Myss.

It is so amazing to me because there are so many people out there - Dyer, Myss, Twyman, Braden, Walsch, the Buddhists, who are essentially saying the same thing about energy/love/growth. I am fascinated and inspired by the similarities in the message and the fact that it is getting out there to so many people....
#9 of 17 Old 11-16-2002, 10:37 PM

Dr. Wayne was my first introduction to *self-improvement* ideation. I was pretty resistant to his ideas til I realized he makes much more sense than I do!! My favorite part of Erroneous Zones (this one got me hook line and sinker) ~ You are in control of yourself. If you're not, please give this book to whoever *is* in control of you. :LOL

~diana google me: hahamommy. Unschooling Supermama to Hayden :Super Cool Girlfriend to Scotty . Former wife to Mitch & former mama to Hannahbear
#10 of 17 Old 11-18-2002, 01:21 PM

hahamommy.. :LOL a succinct little nugget of enlightenment!

has anyone read anything by ron smothermon? i have a book of his called winning through enlightenment which is veryvery good! i highly recommend it.. it is written in a very direct style, cuts right throo the b.s.. i have a friend that, for that reason, was put off by it (because ron is so very sure of himself, and i think rightly so), but if you can get beyond his uncommon writing style (which admittedly took me a few chapters), you will find much wisdom and inspiration from it.
#11 of 17 Old 11-24-2002, 01:43 AM

I participated in Caroline Myss's Intuition Training workshops a few years ago. The second course focused on archetypes and sacred contracts. The idea that each house of the natal chart has a specific (and personal) archetypal energy associated with is very intriguing to me. Anybody else working with archetypes?
#12 of 17 Old 11-24-2002, 04:22 AM - Thread Starter

You know about four hundred years ago I got turned onto Louise Hay. I went to a couple of her lectures, I read her book, I always took notice of any physical issue that I had and then I would go to the back of her book,"YOU can heal your life" and look up what the significance of it was and usually it was always true. In fact the reason why I even bought the book was that I looked up "earaches", I had tons of them when I was a little girl...well when i looked up the bigger reason for them and read, "Parent's arguing" well, I immediately bought the book. Everyday of my childhood was like an evening of "Whose afraid of Virginia Wolfe." Thus, the earaches.
Anyway, after years of Louise Hay thinking, I felt I needed something more and then I found Caryolyn Myss. I got all those tapes she did in the mid and late 90's and I also got the archetype book. Very cool. Since I'm also an astrologer I totally got the archetypes... teacher, philosopher and student are some of my major archetypes...and for those of you who know astrology, I have a lot of planets in the 9th house...
I went to one of her lectures but really thought the book was better. HOwever, I have seen her lectures (on tape) and think she has gotten better. So, I could see how her workshops would be very cool.
Now I'm onto Wayne Dyer. He is totally connected to Louise Hay, he has a lot of that information in his stuff and I think he's connected to caryolyn. But now his stuff has got a little twist in it. I just recently got the "Power of Now" tapes and think Wayne is a bit more like that information.
But all in all I think Dyer is very, very good.
I do, when I can remember, the chant that he talks about in "manifesting your destiny." It is really a challange to get that quiet and let yourself just "be."
When ever I do his stuff I get really, really psychic. I normally wouldn't word it like that because I think we are all psychic but after a little wayne dyer type thinking I almost immediately 'know' stuff.
It is eerie.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#13 of 17 Old 11-24-2002, 07:26 PM

hey! i just remembered (after doing a websearch) that i love this woman! she was on a talk show (candian) a while back and i think i recorded it... i didn't recognize her name, but now i remember her. she seemed really wise..

which book of hers has the archetypes?
#14 of 17 Old 11-24-2002, 08:00 PM

I'm going to the library to check out some Myss and Hay! I could do with some inspirational reading! I think I've loaned out both copies of Erroneous Zones, I think I'll check that one out too, it's great reading before the holidays and hanging with family!

~diana ild

~diana google me: hahamommy. Unschooling Supermama to Hayden :Super Cool Girlfriend to Scotty . Former wife to Mitch & former mama to Hannahbear
#15 of 17 Old 11-24-2002, 11:22 PM

Mamabeard, Caroline's book that focuses on archtypes is called Sacred Contracts. It's the work she has done in her workshop on sacred contracts and it is quite interesting. It will guide you in finding your own 12 archetypes. I did not find this to be a very easy task in the workshop itself, I have to say, but the process is intriguing and when the right archetypes finally settle in your bones, it feels right. Good luck!
#16 of 17 Old 11-29-2002, 02:24 PM

got the book! just waiting for my son to nap (he will *someday*, won't he?) so i can crack it open!
#17 of 17 Old 11-30-2002, 03:28 PM

Mamabeard, I hope you enjoy the book! The archetypes are so very interesting to work with I think. Alas... time to read

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page