New Moon Astrology - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-08-2002, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I've been meaning to post this and just haven't had a chance to get to it....
But there is another book I want to recommend to anyone who is interested and that is another book by Jan spiller. And "No" I'm not her agent or editor or anyone who gets a cut, it is just that I'm a huge fan of her work and just am so glad she is out there generating really, really gifted material. I've gotten to know her too and she is very lovely.

Anyway, last spring Jan came out with her latest book and it is called, "NEW MOON ASTROLOGY" . "Using New Moon Power Days to Change and Revitalize Your life."

Basically this book lays out when the new moons are and the value of writing wishes down. You write the wishes of the things you want during the new moon and you will start to get them, almost right away or at least seeing results taking you to those wishes.
The deal is that years and years ago, I used to do work with a famous astrologer named Buzz Myers. And we always worked on the energy of the moons. There are 8 phases to a moon. But you start everything on the New. So, I've been doing that for years. I can't tell you what a differenc it all makes when you start getting lined up with the moon phases. Anyway, Jan's picked up on that Buzz stuff and has worked with clients for years.

You plant seeds on the new moon. And the best way to plant seeds is to sit down and visualize what you want on the new moon. YOu write down ten wishes. But here is the kicker. YOu do your wishes based on the energy of the sign that the moon is taking place in. For example on Tuesday of this week was Sag New Moon. Sagittarius can be a bit sloppy at times and so one of my wishes was
"I want the tendecy to take short cuts that result in making mistakes easily lifted from me."
I also did this wish, "I want a totally clear connection and communication with my positive spirtual guides." That too is very sag.

Anyway, if some of you want to get energized on a regularly, monthly way, get this book and start working with the phases of the moon.

just a piece of data for those who care

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2002, 04:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
hey, thanks, trabot this sounds really interesting..
Old 12-10-2002, 05:40 AM

I got that one, too. Still reading the first book, but it sounds really interesting. What to wish for, what a concept.

Thanks for the pointers

Lori
Old 12-10-2002, 01:29 PM

never read the book but I thought thats what moon cycles were for pretty much, I just started doing this over the last few years... see things grow and grow with the moon cycles and then the things you are ready to diminish you can use with the waning times? Ill have to look at the book and see if I can hone some of my skills- this started for me with my cycle (as in fertility) and I saw my desires grow and grow, usually I ovulare at about the full moon and then they go down and down, I heard that ladies usually bleed at about the full moon but I ovulate then...and the rest of my life kind of goes with my cycles I guess, things that I wish to bring to fruitation and those that I wish to be rid of...is that the drift of what you are saying?
Old 12-10-2002, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

marymom, you are already on track but you'll like the data in the book. She hones it even more.
And I can tell you from my studies with buzz myers that the best way to work the cycles is the following. Each phase lasts about three days.

New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate things.

crescent: receive information, research, collect data.

first quarter: Do more actions based on the information you've just received, or the research of the calls that have come back to you based on the seeds you planted during new.

gibbous: Refine your information, pick and choose, be "virgo' like, sort through details, organize.

FULL MOON: make the needed adjustments to the things you've planted. Adjust even more to stay on track. Have the needed conversations that might have come up since the planting of the seeds at new and first quarter.

Disseminating: Share information, find a teacher or someone who has more knowldged, get feedback.

Third Quarter: Do the final adjustments to the seeds you planted. The final calls, final letters to send, follow the threads one last push.

Balsamic: Prune, discard, let everything go...ditch stuff....clear the consciousness and unconscious

and then you are back to New moon.

Just so you know, we are in first quarter right now. So, think about any seeds you planted last Tuesday night 11:30pm PST..or wednesday morning 2:30am, thursday, Friday.

Then you got data on Saturday, Sunday and Monday...

And now it is first quarter.

Just to give you some food for thought, I had to have one of the "those" conversations with a very good friend on New Moon (Wednesday). Then since that time I have received information from my father that is very, very annoying. (during crescent)
And now on First quarter I'm going to have one of "those" conversations with him. I think the seed I planted on new Moon based on Jan's book of "communicating with my positive spirtual guides and the wish around "trusting my intuitive voice and guides to lead me in the right direction" might be extremely activated.

good luck on the book. It is very good.

Old 05-02-2003, 07:24 PM

i just remembered this thread and thot i would bump it. right now we are experiencing the new moon in taurus. i think technically it was yesterday, but the effects last a few days, right?

here are some links i found with phases of the moon:

http://www.ameritech.net/users/paulc...nCalendar.html

http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/vphase.html

i'm gonna incorporate this info into my rituals. thanks, trabot!
Old 05-11-2003, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the bump, mamabeard.

by the way, I know you are in canada but I wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's Day! I don't know if it is this weekend up there too, but I thought I would send you a happy note.

Old 05-11-2003, 08:57 PM

The Full Moon this month is May 16 in Scorpio and I think there will be a lunar eclipse.

Will any of you see it?

Does it make a difference? , i.e., lunar eclipse.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:11 PM

yup, it surely is mother's day (and sunday) here too! and i'm feeling pretty motherly, i gotta say. happy day to you too, mama! and i'm still processing all the wise things you communicated to me.. will get back to you soon, i promise!
Old 05-11-2003, 09:12 PM

miriam,

just wanted to say, sorry, i don't know the answer to your question! but i'm interested too..
Old 05-11-2003, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

it is a hideous full moon. I didn't even know it was coming....toddler days have wiped out a lot of my astrology cells in the brain....but yes, I saw a friend last week and she pointed out the full moon eclipse and I looked it up and saw that it is particularly gross.

I worry a bit about terrorism but I don't know...it feels more financial issues.....

Old 05-11-2003, 11:29 PM
Banned

NOT looking forward to the Scorp Lunar Eclipse here! Right on top of my five planets in Scorp.

And Merc will still be retrograde. Opposing the moon.

Then off to the Solar Eclipse in Gemini! Whatta month.

Edited to add: the lunar eclipse will be squaring Neptune and Uranus.

Best to lay low and do not take risks around bodies of water. Or get drunk or OD on emotional meltdowns.
Old 05-11-2003, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

neptune also rules oil and gas.....that was why I was a bit concerned about terrorism...

Old 05-15-2003, 01:14 PM
Banned

Lunar eclipse exact at 11:40pm EST tonight! Btw, it's safe to view with the naked eye.

I've paced myself through this week as much as possible, tried to listen more than talk (with that Mercury square Ur/Nept) and will definitely take it easy today.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:28 PM

perhaps this is why my son, whose moon is 16 degrees scorpio, is having such very intense emotions this morning?! holy cow...

User Tag List