Biblical Marriage with Wife Submission Tribe - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-29-2005, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am looking to connect with others who have or want a Biblical marriage.

I have been doing a lot of Bible studies recently and have come to re evaluate my role as a wife. A lot of my problems with Rich and I were that I was not letting him be teh head of the house hold. I didn't think he could do it. :

Since I have trusted God's word and found my place as the heart of the home, I have been truly blessed. Submitting to my husband is soooooo beautiful.........NOTHING like what I thought it meant before. I does not put me in bondage, it freed me to be the woman of God I was meant to be! :heart:

I pray that there are lots of mamas out there who will join me here!

God bless!

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2005, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

PS Please lets make this a support thread. This is not a tribe where I want debating if you do not agree with Biblical roles for marriage. Please start a new thread.

Mods....I also apologize.....I just realized this may go in Spirituality. : Sorry!

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 09-29-2005, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I believe in Biblical marriage. I think we have one, hopefully! Of course we both make mistakes, and all is not perfect, but we do our best to respect one another and I submit-it's wonderful.

Count me in, I'll join you!
Old 09-29-2005, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Great! Nice to meet you lithoG!

Old 09-29-2005, 12:35 PM

Nice to meet you too! How long have you been married?

We have been married for 3 years. I had a 4 yo daughter when we got married and we now have baby #4 on the way. (yes, we have been busy!)
Old 09-29-2005, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithoG
Nice to meet you too! How long have you been married?

We have been married for 3 years. I had a 4 yo daughter when we got married and we now have baby #4 on the way. (yes, we have been busy!)
This is very similar to us.

I had a son who was 13 months when Rich and I decided to be a family. We know have three children, one dog, one cat.....and are waiting to determine what is causing my nausea. :

Old 09-29-2005, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay4
I'm in as long as it stays a support thread and not a debate

I have been married for 11 years and have 4 dc and 1 dss
Nice to meet you!

Old 09-29-2005, 01:25 PM

The Bible -as in the book that we Christians believe is the true word of GOD- says that Man should be the head of the household. Allowing your husband to lead by not competing with your him best sums up my interpretation of submission. I pray for my husband constantly to become the super man he can be. I'm here to tell you that praying for him to be in charge and praying that he has what it takes to do it well works. If you're a Bible reader, check out Proverbs 31 which talks about what a wife and mother's responsibilities should be. If, as a woman you want to fulfill God's purpose for yourself, there's hardly any time left. The man should be in charge of the rest. That way we can concentrate on being good mommies and wives.

I'm in. I'm also sitting on top of a wealth of resources to use in this discussion.

Not all submission is perfect. Sometimes we marry jerks. But, if you want God's will, you spend less time worrying about the negative and concentrate more on the opportunities for positive. My mom has that testimony. After 30 plus years of marriage to an "old school" dude, she's more dependant on God than ever. That fulfills her and makes her complete. It's pretty amazing the peace in their existence together. Prayer makes it all possible.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:50 PM

:
Old 09-29-2005, 02:46 PM

I'm interested. I'm seeking and studying about my role as wife. And would love to hear your thoughts and ideas.

But the way this thread is going scares me off a bit. Maybe if it was moved to 'Spirituality' those who feel an urge to be sarcastic and funny wouldn't dominate it too much
Old 09-29-2005, 03:14 PM

at the risk of being flamed into a crispy critter, i just recently acquired and read a book called Created To Be His Helpmeet. it has opened my eyes to alot of things,,, and why my parent's marriage failed.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:17 PM

I am VERY interested in joining a support thread for Biblical/Godly marriages, but I can't sit here and debate. Angel just wanted to know if there were other like minded mama's out here who could support each other.

I love our Quiverfull tribe, we share our info and feelings, and don't flame or debate.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:06 PM

Biblical marriage, for me, is trusting my dh to be head of our home, and to make the right decisions. he hears my side and my opinion and takes it into consideration. That said, there are parts of our marriage that he delegates to me, like the kids health, our eating, and several more. Because he delegated those things to me because i am good at them I am still being submissive, and not usurping his authority.

I also trust that even if he makes a bad decision, that a blessing will still come because I honored him and abode by his wishes...

A woman may respectfully refuse to do things which are explicitly against the law of God, such as abortion, murder, crime, etc. She also does not have to be abused physically...or in any other way.

I don' twant to sound like a doormat... I just wanted to share how peaceful life has become for us since i dont' fuss and fight anymore.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:19 PM

My husband and I base our marriage on our shared commitment to Christ and the verse "Be subject of one another out of reverence for Christ." (Eph. 5:21) If we are both seeking to serve God and one another, the whole "headship" question isn't an issue. This is how it has worked for us in our three brief years of marriage.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:43 PM

Hi! Can I join? I'm also christian and I'd love to join you guys
Old 09-29-2005, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom
Biblical marriage, for me, is trusting my dh to be head of our home, and to make the right decisions. he hears my side and my opinion and takes it into consideration. That said, there are parts of our marriage that he delegates to me, like the kids health, our eating, and several more. Because he delegated those things to me because i am good at them I am still being submissive, and not usurping his authority.

I also trust that even if he makes a bad decision, that a blessing will still come because I honored him and abode by his wishes...

A woman may respectfully refuse to do things which are explicitly against the law of God, such as abortion, murder, crime, etc. She also does not have to be abused physically...or in any other way.

I don' twant to sound like a doormat... I just wanted to share how peaceful life has become for us since i dont' fuss and fight anymore.
Amen! Life is sooo peaceful around here.

Old 09-29-2005, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving-my-babies
Hi! Can I join? I'm also christian and I'd love to join you guys
Hi Carmen We would love to have you.

Old 09-29-2005, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
at the risk of being flamed into a crispy critter, i just recently acquired and read a book called Created To Be His Helpmeet. it has opened my eyes to alot of things,,, and why my parent's marriage failed.
I am reading that right now and doing a study on it with some woman through yahoo.

Old 09-29-2005, 05:08 PM

That is because this thread was in the wrong forum and there was much debate going on. My post got moderated out.

I am in a Biblical marraige and though not perfect we have a much better marraige now than years ago when I was always trying to be in charge.
I love my husband and trust His reliance on Christ to lead our family as the Spiritual head.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
Old 09-29-2005, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

It has honestly been a huge blessing for me to start allowing him to lead our family.

Before I tried to control the family and he would constantly make bad choices. As I kept thinking about it, reading the Bible, and doing Bible studies I started realizing there was nothing I could do to make him behave better, but that did not take away my responsibilty to be the wife that God intended me to be. I asked God for guidence and it has been up from there... :

Rich is more of a man, husband, and father than he has ever been. He had it in him always. I finally moved over so that he could show me what he was capable of.

Old 09-29-2005, 06:03 PM

Is there any online links to this?

I am a muslim, and i feel the islamic marriage and the biblical marriage has much in comon. Apart from that we muslim women usually make the desicions regarding children, but the fact that all desicions are made together, is important. One must not over-rule the other...

Mother of three little muslims!
Old 09-29-2005, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabbe
Is there any online links to this?

I am a muslim, and i feel the islamic marriage and the biblical marriage has much in comon. Apart from that we muslim women usually make the desicions regarding children, but the fact that all desicions are made together, is important. One must not over-rule the other...
Online links to what? : Sorry....I am confused

Old 09-30-2005, 12:49 AM

angel, i thought you might have that book, lol it is fabulous, like i just sat down and had a thousand lunches with an older mentor
Old 09-30-2005, 12:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
angel, i thought you might have that book, lol it is fabulous, like i just sat down and had a thousand lunches with an older mentor
I agree. I also have the marriage DVD that they put out. It literally changed our marriage. I was so mislead by others before about what marriage meant, that I should just leave him if I am not happy.....blah, blah, blah.

I feel so refreshed now finding truth. :

Old 09-30-2005, 01:16 AM

i have the dvd too
Old 09-30-2005, 01:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

after the original direction this thread took I am a little hesitant to jump in.

BUt I am a biblical wife. Don't know how Biblical my marriage is but come what may i am submitting with a joyful heart It really has changed things in our home.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Old 09-30-2005, 01:21 AM

OMG lilyka, i cracked up laughing when i saw you post on here. i have seen some of your posts, and was laughing to see you join us,

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in your marriage, you are very outspoken!@! Welcome aboard!! I hope we all get to be good friends
Old 09-30-2005, 01:24 AM

I'm a "biblical" wife! You know, I actually find it to be a relief to allow my husband to be the head of the house...it really seems more like a partnership now, then before!
Old 09-30-2005, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

The thread will stay nice now. No worries

Old 09-30-2005, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracious
...it really seems more like a partnership now, then before!
How?

I am not looking for an argument, I promise. PM me if you'd like.

Is being head of the house a task oriented thing, or a mindset?

Its hard for me to see my husband as head of anything when he works 60 hours a week and is exhausted. Does that make sense?

I wont hijack the thread, but i have some real questions, and would love maybe a private messaging dialogue

User Tag List