Pagans: Plans for Imbolc?? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
Spirituality > Pagans: Plans for Imbolc??
merpk's Avatar merpk 01:08 AM 01-26-2003
T

Quote:
... by applejuice
... To Amyrpk: DebraBaker may be correct about going to the place of worship on the 40th day for Jesus , Mary and Joseph. After all this was 2000 years ago and practices do change over time. Nothing is static, especially in a population as the Jews who have moved and adapted to many different situations over centuries.
Sure. Though my response about the purification is referring to a specific instruction in the Bible (which hasn't changed) and the redemption of the first born is, too. And these practices are discussed in detail in the Talmud, which was codified not-too-many generations after Jesus lived.

Whatever ...

- Amy

Pam_and_Abigail's Avatar Pam_and_Abigail 03:34 PM 01-31-2003
Hi
I was wondering if any moms out there have ever used their own breastmilk in an Imbolc ritual. If you have, I would like to hear your ideas.
Thank you very much
DaryLLL's Avatar DaryLLL 02:28 PM 02-01-2003
frodo--

Your snowman "experiment!"

But I thought you were going to say, you would take him out to melt on Imbolc, to speed spring.

We are having a thaw here (nothern MA) today, finally. Seems appropriate. We had 18" of snow on xmas day and it never went away.

It is kinda raining, even.

And today is Chinese New Year, day before Imbolc. I find that an interesting coincidence.
1  2

Up