Angel Story - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 01-13-2003, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My cousin and her husband went through a terrible ordeal about a year ago when their newborn baby died. Well, they recently learned that they are expecting a baby in May. They didn't want to tell their 4 year old daughter until the mom was further along, just for precaution's sake. So one night the dad decided to have a talk with his daughter about babies, and that they might have another one one of these days. She said, "I know". He said, "How do you know?" She said, "The angel told me we are going to have a baby in May." The parents were completely baffled, as neither of them had said anything to her or anyone.

I thought that was rather amazing. It's nice to know we aren't alone. If anyone has an angel (or any miraculous story) I'd love to hear it.
#2 of 22 Old 01-13-2003, 12:44 AM

Wow, that gives me chills...how awesome.

I have never had an experience like that...I have had interesting dreams...but no angels yet...
I think it is awesome that children are so open to the whole universe that they have the ability to tap into such great positive energy...

Just awesome...
Envision
#3 of 22 Old 01-13-2003, 01:34 AM

What a wonderful story! Angels are watching over all of us!

Michelle
#4 of 22 Old 01-13-2003, 01:55 AM

That is a wonderful story.

I'll tell you something that happened to me and my daughters a few months ago. The road where I live has this big hill that you can't see over when pulling out into the main highway. It's hold your breath, and pull out hoping no one is coming over the hill. I hate it, try to avoid that way if possible.

Anyway... my jeep has never given me any problems at all with running. I started to pull out into the above mentioned road one morning and the jeep just died completely. Would not start back at all. Well, a few seconds later this car comes FLYING up over that hill doing at least ninety. I kid you not. If we had pulled out into the road we would have been hit. No doubt in my mind. My oldest said momma did you see that? I said yeah, that car needs to slow down. She said no, that lady sitting beside you. Yikes! I just started crying. I don't know why, I just felt like we were saved from something very bad. I had this flash of what if I had pulled out.... we would have been killed.

I don't know what type of spirit or what the lady was my daughter was seeing. I didn't see anything myself but makes you wonder.... Oh, and the jeep started back no problem as soon as that car went past!! No further problems.

Brenda
#5 of 22 Old 01-13-2003, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter

Wow Brenda! That's really an amazing story. I bet it was an angel- I guess it wasn't your time to go.

My dad told me a story about a friend of his who was driving down the road with his two young children in the back of his truck. The dad heard this noise, looked in the back and didn't see his children anywhere. They had somehow fallen out. Fearing the worst, he drove back up the road and found them walking (unhurt) down the road. He had no explaination other than the angels must have saved the children.
#6 of 22 Old 01-13-2003, 09:44 AM

Maybe not an angel story but definitely synchronicity -

My mother was in rural Connecticut recently visiting friends. She left to drive home around dusk and had to follow rather complex directions that took her down all these country roads. Well, she was starting to feel like she was lost, she hadn't seen a car in a while and she decided to pull over and look at directions again. Within a minute a car pulled up and a woman got out and was like "do you need help finding your way?' My mom said "yes" and it turns out she had made a wrong turn. This woman gave her directions to get back to freeway....

Angel?

Good Samaritan?

Really nice lady who helps strangers find their way : )
#7 of 22 Old 01-13-2003, 04:17 PM

Along the same lines ...

A friend of ours lives in Nakhla'ot in Jerusalem, and in the winter of 2000/01 his wife was at the local market (Makhane Yehuda) shopping, and realized she left her wallet at home, a few blocks away. She ran back home, got her wallet, and just then a neighbor came over to borrow some coffee. She was in a big rush to shop & be back before her kids came home, but the neighbor was elderly ... so she sat down for a few minutes with the neighbor to talk, then gave the neighbor her coffee and was about to leave ... when she heard the explosion coming from the Makhane Yehuda market.

She had been at the stall next to where the bombers blew up when she'd realized she didn't have her wallet, and that's where she'd been intending to rush off and return to ... when her elderly neighbor showed up.

That's just one.

I've heard several stories along those lines from the World Trade Center, too.

Angels? Whatever. Or whoever. I've heard too many of these stories from too many down-to-earth and thoroughly sensible people to even question them.

- Amy
#8 of 22 Old 01-13-2003, 04:35 PM
Banned

I love angel stories!!

One good friend was in a terrible accident.

A man came to her to give her help and assurence that everything was going to be ok.

As soon as the medics arrived the man disappeared.

She swears this kind man was an angel.

Debra Baker BTW, what is syncronicity??
#9 of 22 Old 01-14-2003, 01:47 PM

My oldest was 19 months old and started waving in the air one day during lunch. I asked him what he was doing. he said, " i am talking to the baby. " I asked him what baby was he talking to and he replied, " the baby in your tummy. " "But, Mommy doesn't have a baby in her tummy, sweetheart. Just you. "

That night I began my morning, noon and night sickness...

Then while I was in labor my son stayed close to me at all times, as we were having a home birth. However, after a couple of days ( I have loooooong, posterior births ), my midwives were beginning to give up hope. But, ds told them " Don't worry, Grandma Bellamy says that the baby will come early this morning. "

We asked him what he was talking about as my grandmother had been dead 10 years before he was born. But, he pointed next to him and said " don't you see her? She's right there!"

This sent chills down everyone who was present... which was quite a roomfull. For me, however, it was a tremendous comfort as I had felt her presence so strongly during the birth of my oldest 27 months before that.

Sure enough, early that morning, at 5:52 am, our littlest angel appeared.

While trying to name him, we included our oldest in the process. Since we had chosen a name to honor my dh's side of the family, we had decided to choose a Celtic name to honor my side with this child. However, ds looked at us and said in a firm voice, " His name is Benjamin." We asked him what made him decide this, as it was not on our list and he had no friends by this name.

He looked at us and said, " The angels told me his name is Benjamin. Don't
you see? "

This is just a couple of examples of angels in our family. I have had them when I was younger and dh and my other ds has as well. I believe angels are with us everywhere. We just forget to how to see them...
#10 of 22 Old 01-14-2003, 03:19 PM

I have 2 stories....

my cousins toddler was about 2.5 years old when she choked on a french fry. my cousin found her blue and unresponsive in her bedroom. my cousin successfully resuscitated her, and before the paramedics arrived, she was talking. well, when my cousin asked what happened, savannah (the toddler) said "Daddy, uncle john said i couldnt come with him, that i needed to stay with you and mommy. uncle john told me that Jesus says its not time yet"

my dad is Uncle John, and he died about 18 months before the incident. savannah was only 10 months old when my dad died.

another story goes like this...i was working in the intensive care unit and my patient was a gravely ill woman, on a ventilator and multiple life supporting "drips". 5 hours into my shift, she was really circling the drain, and she finally "coded" on me. I do what i always do when this happens, i prayed "God makes a way, where there is no way" over and over in my head, all the while working desperately to save her life. well, she lived, and days later she was breathing on her own. i went to see her (i was taking care of someone else by now) and she immediately recognized me...how i dont know, as she was never awake as i cared for her and fought for her life. she said, "Oh, i know you, you are the red headed angel that saved my life." i said, how do you know? she said "I saw you and heard your words...God makes a way, where there is no way".

impossble for her to have heard my words, as i never spoke them aloud. and i do ihave red hair, but far from an angel....
#11 of 22 Old 01-14-2003, 11:38 PM

wonderful stories, great thread
Deb,
synchronicity is when everything just goes along as if it were planned perfect, in sync, does that make sense?
#12 of 22 Old 01-15-2003, 10:18 AM
Banned

Makes all kinds of sense.

We've experienced too many perfect timing situations not to believe that there are no coincidences.

Thanks for the stories, they're wonderful.

db
#13 of 22 Old 01-15-2003, 01:52 PM

glad2beamama, that is just amazing about your very intuitive DS! He must really be something!

sweetbaby3, did you ever tell the lady about your prayer?

All of these stories are so beautiful!

Jean

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#14 of 22 Old 01-15-2003, 02:32 PM

Sweetbaby3,

I think it is really special that you got to experience a moment like that with that lady.
I do think that someone in your profession does have to have a special spirit...so perhaps you are more angelic than you think!!

Envision
#15 of 22 Old 01-21-2003, 12:41 PM

I don't have any angel stories myself, but I do believe in children's ability to see and hear more of the world than most adults can. We brainwash ourselves into our own "reality" over a course of years. There is certainly an unseen component to the big picture. To me it speaks to the infinite knowledge of our Creator and the impossibility of knowing the universe--but the wonder of striving toward a greater perception and understanding of it all. I hope these smart kids can hang on to their connections!
I needed these stories today--thanks for sharing them!
#16 of 22 Old 01-22-2003, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

Sweetbaby 3, what a beautiful story!

One more thing. Kinda OT, but recently my brother's good friend died instantly along with 2 of his young children in a car accident. My brother told me this morning that the day before the accident, one of the children that died asked his mom "What happens when you die?" She told him that you go to heaven. Then he said "Well I'd just swoop right back down to Earth again."
#17 of 22 Old 01-22-2003, 03:00 AM

dingo....

last sunday i was at work in the emergency room, when an ambulance came in with a 32 yr old woman in full arrest, unknown downtime. her husband found her on the living room floor when he came down to make coffee. we worked her for a good 50 minutes, not counting the 30 minutes in the field the paramedics worked on her. anyway, she was pronounced, and all of us were terribly upset that this beautuful woman with red hair could seemingly drop dead on a sunday morning. by law, the coroners office came for her body, (i must say i wiped her down and brushed her hair), i looked in the paper from dh work) and online for her obituary. about two months ago i let my newspaper subscription expire, so no daily papers since before thanksgiving.

i woke up yesterday, and on the front lawn was a newspaper, close to my front steps. in it was her obituary. i cried, as i thought it a "sign" from her. i had not slept for the 8 days before, my jaw was killing me from clenching it. that night i slept like a baby.
#18 of 22 Old 01-22-2003, 03:39 AM

Quote:
... by UmmNuh
... We brainwash ourselves into our own "reality" over a course of years. There is certainly an unseen component to the big picture. To me it speaks to the infinite knowledge of our Creator and the impossibility of knowing the universe--but the wonder of striving toward a greater perception and understanding of it all ...

Umm Nuh, that is so 100 percent it.

A story along these lines (not precisely, but close) was behind my becoming religious in the first place.

A woman was hired at my place of employment, and we became friendly. Her mother had been killed in a car accident 6 mos. before. Anyway, one day a few weeks after meeting her, she came to work very agitated, she'd had a disturbing dream, that her mother came to her and sat on her bed and argued with her, insisting that she repair her strained relationship with her sister, that "there wasn't time for this" and really pushing the issue. Well, she was so shaken up by this dream that she took it to heart, called her sister that day, and they healed their relationship and became very close. As did this woman and I, we became the best of friends. Okay, fine.

Less than a year later this sister was diagnosed with inoperable cancer. And very soon after the sister died.

This good friend of mine (a lapsed Catholic, BTW) to this day doesn't know that it was her experience that so turned my life around. But my reaction to this incident was precisely as Umm Nuh described it. My incredibly arrogant "knowledge" about the universe was totally flipped on its head ... and opened me up to the possibilities ...

- Amy
#19 of 22 Old 01-23-2003, 10:26 AM

Wow! These stories are making me tingle all over....

DebraBaker~ I essentially define synchronicity as a "meaningful coincidence". I am starting to notice them more and more....
#20 of 22 Old 01-24-2003, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Great stories, everyone!

I think this is beautiful, regardless of whether or not it's divinely inspired:

To ALL from the angels:

God loves us with His entire being. His heart is the Universe and we are the joy that makes His heart sing. We, each one of us, are the love notes in his song, and He sings continuously. He needs each and every one of us to fill the Universe with the heavenly music of His creation. You are not lost, not even one of you, so lift your hearts unto the Lord, for He is good. He is good in cherishing each and every one of us, for we are His own precious children. He would not cast even one of us away, for He loves us all.

HE TRULY LOVES US ALL!

http://greatfaithnow.com/
#21 of 22 Old 01-29-2003, 01:42 AM

I'm loving this thread.

I just wanted to mention that if you LOVE angel stories, you need to read Martha Beck's memoir on the pregnancy of her son Adam (who she knew had Down's Syndrome.)

Expecting Adam: A True Story of Birth, Rebirth, and Everyday Magic

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

She's a Harvard researcher, very intellectual (and not into this "new-agey" thing at all) yet even at the point of conception, she felt presence(s) that supported her throughout her difficult preganncy.

Everybody thought that keeping a Down Syndrome baby (especially for someone with such a great academic career) was a mistake. She wasn't getting any support.

Both she and her husband had separate "weird" things happen that they couldn't explain, but both could verify.

Angels were helping her the whole time and she felt them, clearly.

She is such a funny, witty writer... it's such a great read.

I'm not going to divulge anymore.... I simply could not put this book down. It was an enjoyable read.

I hope you treat yourself to this book.

10 - boy
5.5 - girl
#22 of 22 Old 01-29-2003, 07:17 PM

I just have to second the recommendation for that book - it is an excellent read, that just today I was thinking about!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page