Can anyone suggest a good *happy* church? Either domination or in our area - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
Spirituality > Can anyone suggest a good *happy* church? Either domination or in our area
barbara's Avatar barbara 12:18 PM 02-03-2003
Deirdre, From what I can see in the link, St. Gregory's of Nyssa appears to be very much like our St. Luke's Episcopal Church. I'm sure they were much influenced by St. Gregory's. St. Luke's is about an hour and a half from us, so we don't get down there as often as we would like to, but their head pastors (a husband and wife team) are professors at the Ministry College where our son attends. He has gained much from, and is very much influenced by them. We are also blessed by the fellowship of compassion and warmth that exudes from the folks at St. Luke's.

Lisa Lynn, do check it out!

peace,
-b

AutumnMoonfire's Avatar AutumnMoonfire 05:58 PM 02-03-2003
I love my UU fellowship! Each UU is different, so know that if you don't find one group to your liking you might enjoy another one in your area.
TieDyeMom's Avatar TieDyeMom 03:42 AM 02-04-2003
Two churches that I am familiar with that are very accepting of a person's personal belief systems are Quakers and Unitarian Universalists. Both have always been strong advocates for Freedom of Religion.
1  2

Up