Treasure Map 2006 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemama
Am I going to the right place? www.louisehay.com I wasn't able to get anything other than today's thought for the day.
I went there too but there is a link to a site that I think is what we want:
http://www.hayhouse.com/

HTH

----------------------------
ETA: Oops - nope that seems to be a site to buy her books... Sorry.
I need affirmation guidance too!

First and foremost, Mama to Owen blahblah.gif (7/21/04), Annalieseenergy.gif  (7/29/09), and somebody new bigeyes.gif  (due Feb 2012), and wife to Andrew (9/12/98). Also passionate about and loving the work I do in Organizational Development.

#302 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 03:07 PM

You know what, I'm not going to wait, I'm going to use color as it suits me and not worry so much.

Gotta be a bit more Aries about it!

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#303 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 03:36 PM

Ugh... I finally finished mine this morning. I so wanted this to be a positive project, but it definitely took a lot of effort to get it finished.

I had planned to start it Wenesday morning, but my sister unexpectedly passed on. (She had lifelong medical problems, and even though we knew it would happen any time it was still a sad shock...) Her passing was actually very gentle and peaceful because she left her body RIGHT at the new moon (3:15am MST), and according to my intuitive my sister was very excited and happy to go to her new home, and she is absolutely glowing right now, which makes me feel good. My husband said that maybe in a way she died for my family so 2006 will be a good year for all of us.

Then I had planned to get my map made yesterday- I got all the cutting done and I was laying it out to be glued when my son fell off the trampoline and gashed his head open, with blood all over the place, so I rushed him to the ER... He's OK, we actually left the ER after waiting for 2+ hours and I just cleaned him up and applied some butterfly strips. He was back on the trampoline today... :

So I finally start gluing all my piece down today and I ran out of glue!!! I was so determined to get it done that I just used clear packing tape, so my map is now sort of "laminated". The taping ended up moving some of my stuff around, but I was glad to read that Tracy said creativity usually comes from messiness, so that helped. I thought it would be hard cutting out enough to fill my two pages, but I ended up adding a page, and I still had pictures and words left over that didn't make it to the map for lack of space!

Mine is made form three pieces of orange contruction paper taped together, then divided into the nine sections. I have a few pictures, but mostly my map is full of positive words and phrases, and affirmations for what I want in my life. I hope I did it "right". As long as it's mine I think it'll work. I am very happy to have it done and hanging in my bedroom. I already feel some positive energy flowing...

Good luck everyone... 2006 will be stellar.

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#304 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy
How much time do I have to build my map?
edited:
You have until Saturday April 1 1:23pm EST (by the way day light savings time takes effect the next day). YOu can certainly take more time if you need it but really you should try to have it done by Saturday the 1st at 1:23pm.
\

is this the same for those of us in europe?
#305 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 04:46 PM

A funny thing happened when I was making my map last night.
I had cut out a lot of words and images and had organised them around the board. I asked my husband to come over and look at it and he read a statement I put on it that said " is it possible" it is funny because for some reason in my mind I had read it as " IT IS POSSIBLE" so I cut out the two words and switched them!!!

Thank you all so much for your honesty and creative inspiration!!
this is my third year making a map and I am a total believer in creating my dreams. This is a great way to really focus for me!

There's nothing you can know that isn't known. ~ John Lennon
#306 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
but just "blessed abundance". Do I need to put the pronouns in?
yes.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#307 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

sorry, momtwice, I had to go out all morning.

1-purple
2-red
3-pink
4-green
5-yellow
6-white
7-blue
8-black
9-grey.

but i love that you were going to get aries about it! and so you should.

#308 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Decembersun,
wow. what a positive transition your sister made. Although, it was expected I send you and your family a huge cyber prayer from the edge of the continent. I bet your sister makes sure your Map takes off!!!

hugs

#309 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, Sphinx.... add the hours to the EastCoast time to get to your time zone..but yes, that is when New ends..no matter where we are on earth.

#310 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 05:04 PM

Tracy there is no need to apologize for having a life outside MDC. It happens to all of us!! LOL

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#311 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

I have NEVER done this before...but I took my map to the frame shope today. I can't believe I framed it so permanently... I guess I really dug my affirmations...

#312 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

beemama,

I just found my louise hay book and looked up Pituitary Gland issues..

here's what Louise says:

Pituitary Gland represents the control center.
the affirmation is:

"my mind and body are in perfect balance. I control my thoughts."

I thought that was so interesting considering how important our thoughts are when we make our maps....

#313 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 05:11 PM

I'm really stuck on my money/financial corner of my map. I'm happy with the rest of it, but that area is currently just a big blank. I want to put affirmations on it, but I'm not sure which one (or maybe multiple ones) and what kind of visual I want.
#314 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

how about...

"OUr household income increases monumentally and effortlessly."

and how about a color xerox of a hundred dollar bill?

#315 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 05:22 PM

jenoline, last year I used the words "debt-free" on my map. Dh had the same phrase on his. I know you are not supposed to refer to the lack (ei debt) but it worked for us and we are debt-free as of last month.

edited to add- I didn't know until after my map was done that the phrase was less than ideal. Maybe the intent is the important thing?

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#316 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 05:25 PM

Jim Carrey wrote himself a million dollar check and put it in his wallet. He post dated it (I don't remember exactly how far out) and sure enough, when that date came he could have cashed that check.

Perhaps write yourself a check instead of pasting real money?

First and foremost, Mama to Owen blahblah.gif (7/21/04), Annalieseenergy.gif  (7/29/09), and somebody new bigeyes.gif  (due Feb 2012), and wife to Andrew (9/12/98). Also passionate about and loving the work I do in Organizational Development.

#317 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 05:26 PM

Tracy - I don't have any of the Louise Hay books (although I think I'm gonna get some!) and I was wondering if you had any online resources for affirmations. I LOVE the way you're phrasing things!

Thanks!

#318 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniperMama
Jim Carrey wrote himself a million dollar check and put it in his wallet. He post dated it (I don't remember exactly how far out) and sure enough, when that date came he could have cashed that check.

Perhaps write yourself a check instead of pasting real money?
Ooh, what a neat idea! I may do that one. Can't lay my hands on any cash right now and somehow haven't found any pics of any yet.
#319 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

this is a good area for affirmation inspirations...

click on the days of March and you can read their take...then word it the way you want...but the handle of it is very intentful and empowering.

http://www.scienceofmind.com/site/af...ons/index.html

#320 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 06:46 PM

thank you! I'm 6 hours ahead of EST, but it's still going to be a race against the clock. Now, can i ask about the "angels/spirituality" space? I'm not sure I understand what this is for. Do i write in what ways i want to help others, or how i am seeking help? How specific should it be?
#321 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinx
Now, can i ask about the "angels/spirituality" space? I'm not sure I understand what this is for. Do i write in what ways i want to help others, or how i am seeking help? How specific should it be?
I'm curious about this too. I'm trying to get it all done in time, but it's really hard, I'm still feeling opposition every step of the way. I'm determined though!

Oh, and what if there is something that seems to fit in more than one area... for example, I've always struggled with trust and jealousy. I'd like to add an affirmation like "I no longer feel silly jealousy", but would that be in relationships (since it effect my marriage) or self knowledge? I was thinking of writing it in both colors (blue and pink), or would that be a bad idea?
#322 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 07:01 PM
Banned

I made my treasure map this afternoon with my daughter.

Our maps were so different from one another, both wonderful!!!

She surrounded hers with echinicea and angels to symbolize protection and health.

I made mine framed with georgous high mountains like the ones surrounding Vancouver. I have cherry blossoms in the foreground and our family playing in the water. I want to have fun with my family this year and have fun wonderful memories. My son, Jonathan, is going into his seniro year and this may be our last summer spent with him as a kid.

I also have a picture of me with the lightbulb going off in my head with "understands Chemistry in gold lettering. I also have pre-med and a GPA of 3.8. I also have a representation of our bathroom *finished*....actually finished.

I am silly-satisfied that I've completed my painting. Jessica loved it, and both of us were talking about with our friends, so we may have more people next year.

DB
#323 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 07:39 PM

well i was really hoping that i was going to be able to do another treasure map. unfortunatley i have been accosted by lots of negative people both online and IRL the past two days. harumph........what to do, what to do.
#324 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 07:42 PM

I finished mine!!!! And dh is getting ready to paste his right now.
#325 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE] [Oh, and what if there is something that seems to fit in more than one area... for example, I've always struggled with trust and jealousy. I'd like to add an affirmation like "I no longer feel silly jealousy", but would that be in relationships (since it effect my marriage) or self knowledge? I was thinking of writing it in both colors (blue and pink), or would that be a bad idea?/QUOTE]

instead consider this...

"I am secure in all my relationships."

and

"I'm safe and confident within my marriage".

#326 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom
Ooh, what a neat idea! I may do that one. Can't lay my hands on any cash right now and somehow haven't found any pics of any yet.
Do you have Word? Just do ClipArt search for "money" - there are lots of pictures
#327 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 10:25 PM

I made mine this morning- having this huge fundraising event on Sunday for the nonprofit business I am trying to start and although I had no time- this was just so important.

I love my map! I loved making it. I love it. I know that my energy is shifting already and it will really manifest in abundance on Sunday.

Thanks so much Tracy for taking such good care of us all.

Maureen
#328 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 11:32 PM

I just finished mine and I love it!! It was so peaceful while I was working on it..the kids were sleeping and there was no loud noises. Towards the end, it started raining. It was a better experience for me this year.

There is one thing that I am having a dilemma about. I found a phrase in a magazine "Attain harmony of mind, body, and spirit" and put it in the Spirituality section. Well, now I am thinking that the only way to truly attain that is to be dead. I do not want to write myself a death certificate!! Am I just being silly? It does sound silly when I read this, but in the back of my mind, I am a little worried....

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
#329 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcents
well i was really hoping that i was going to be able to do another treasure map. unfortunatley i have been accosted by lots of negative people both online and IRL the past two days. harumph........what to do, what to do.
Just Do It! I'm rooting for you!
#330 of 594 Old 03-31-2006, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irinam
Do you have Word? Just do ClipArt search for "money" - there are lots of pictures
Great idea! :

I did end up writing myself a post dated check - not a million, though, I'm dreaming but not insane, lol - and taped that on top of the big four-leaf clover I pasted down. My collage is definitely a collage, but I had so much fun making it, like zoning out; I must have sat there and clipped and glued for 2 hours straight.

I just printed out a piggybank from the clip art and am going to color that piggy purple and put it in the little empty spot in that corner!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page