Treasure Map 2006 - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 594 Old 04-15-2006, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well....any updates during Full? Anyone else seeing their map take off?

I'm seeing some shifts in our house that feel like they are gearing up for bigger things. DH gave notice on a job yesterday. Seems like the right thing to do but interesting that it came up now.....

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#422 of 594 Old 04-15-2006, 11:23 AM

So far, just feeling more relaxed and confident in those areas. Which is great for now.
#423 of 594 Old 04-15-2006, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy
Oh, yes! I have been wanting to sew toys for my girls but have had bad experiences. I put "I can sew" on my map and this week I made two soft rabbits and two ducks that I am very happy with!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#424 of 594 Old 04-15-2006, 02:13 PM

Well. I put "I enjoy being paid for writing published works." on my map.

I got a rejection letter in the mail today
#425 of 594 Old 04-15-2006, 02:39 PM

Well, I had the urge to modify my map, and did.

I have been struggling with the idea of moving back near my family and yesterday heard my mother is thinking of selling out so that would put an end to my dilemma about moving back there and opens up other possibilities.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#426 of 594 Old 04-15-2006, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Something happened after I hanged that map up on the wall. We made 2 MAJOR decisions that , mainly I made but DH agreed. And the most weird thing is those 2 things I would have never thought of doing, one of those I already once cancelled before......curious what are those 2 things?

1. Remember I came from vacation from CA? We went to few places and San Francisco was one of those cities. Now, we LOVED SF, but didn't think much even on our way home. BUT, after couple of days of coming back....guess what? I decided that we would move there for sure! Believe me, I had never thought of moving to anywhere else from NY! We already moved here from our country! And even last night DH and I planned before we move there what are things that needed to be done here first!!! I am VERY shocked at this decison! I have no clue what made me think so apart from the fact that I LOVED SF!

2. Guess what? We have talked about buying a house or condo....but we cancelled the idea caz now pretty soon (July to be precise) we'll start TTC, and I wanted to hold on untill I give birth and all that! But suddenly we just decided (it's kind of related with moving to SF though) that before we move to SF we should at least buy a Condo here (so that 10/15 years from now) if we ever want to move back to NY we'll have a place to live! I already got the pre-approval from mortgage, we're going to see the first apt on Monday, and I've this homebuying seminer that I'll attend on Wednesday..........let me tell you, things are little......crazy over here.......and I'm at complete AWE at these 2 huge desicions!!!!

Something must have happened while I was pasting my pics on the map???

belly.gif heartbeat.gif   computergeek2.gif  
#427 of 594 Old 04-15-2006, 04:06 PM
Lou

Tracy, yes. I'm really feeling the energy shift. on my map I put a picture of a woman in thought, and a gold-plated mirror with jewels nearby-symbolizing reflection, so I've been really going within myself and exploring all the possibilities open to me. on my map, the basic themes were transformation and engaging, branching out, and bringing our dreams to reality. lots of good strong images- of a volcano, a prehistoric gold sculpture of a person climbing a totem pole, of strong women, women reaching out beyond themselves. so I really feel this energy swelling within, and am trying to go with it. it is scary!! lots of potentials are opening up and i am really trying to manifest those strong images that are on my map, to help me find the strength to go with all the possible changes. I am reminded of the chart that you did for me at Christmastime, I don't know if you remember.... but... you shared an analogy of noticing the driftwood before the storm. that's exactly what this feels like.

a interesting thing that happened on Thursday precisely! I put on the map- COLLEGE. You can do it! in regards to my unfinished diploma. i only had to complete my senior thesis, among other small projects to get my degree. I had been putting this off for five years, while having and staying home with my babies. So. I finally called the college... and the program director said it looks like I have all my credits and only need to file a petition to graduate and then i will have my diploma!!!! From there, all sorts of possibilities will be opening up.
#428 of 594 Old 04-15-2006, 05:39 PM

Quote:

I'm seeing some shifts in our house that feel like they are gearing up for bigger things. DH gave notice on a job yesterday. Seems like the right thing to do but interesting that it came up now.....
I am too. I have a biodiesel car on my map and I've been really motivated to look it up, research it, and I found a dealer in my area that has refurbished Volvo wagons that are biodiesel, which is what I've always wanted...

I have a fit Mama and I've been inspired to take a walk on every rainless day no matter what.

I have 'financial freedom' and I sat down and did a real budget that works, and DH has been talking to a friend who is a financial advisor about learning the trade...

I have 'effortless communication' and DH and I have had less fighting and more talking.

I definitely feel a shift - these goals seem attainable!
#429 of 594 Old 04-15-2006, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Anyone else seeing their map take off?
Dh got an expected check today that was one third larger than expected.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#430 of 594 Old 04-16-2006, 01:39 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
wow tracy now that you point out the new moom i noticed two of my v. strong visions happened on the 13th.

actually my TM took off even when i had just planned it on paper. just doing my map was a whole big movement itself.

my number 1 priority this year was my spiritual growth and boy have i seen some movements. i am a different person than i was 3 weeks ago. it is almost like the floodgates have been opened yet i am not overwhelmed.

i did not ask for many tangible things this time. mostly relationships and my growth. and a lot of what i had asked is happening now.

the movement has been HUGE. i find during the 1/4 and now some of them have intensified but otherwise it has been moving right from when i started my TM.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#431 of 594 Old 04-16-2006, 02:20 PM

I actually feel like everything has gotten worse. Nothing specifically related to what I put on my map, but lots of bad things have been happening.

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#432 of 594 Old 04-16-2006, 02:36 PM

(((Hugs))) DecemberSun, that's how mine was last year. It got better after some time.

I have seen some small movements. A big part was bettering myself as a mommy, and I have had more patience, and let more things go.

Clutter was another big thing, and I have been de-cluttering and it has gotten better.

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
#433 of 594 Old 04-17-2006, 09:59 AM

I am having a hard time throwing out last year's map. I wonder what that says about me. Or maybe it's not an auspicious time to throw out last year's map. Yeah, that's it.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#434 of 594 Old 04-19-2006, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberSun
I actually feel like everything has gotten worse. Nothing specifically related to what I put on my map, but lots of bad things have been happening.
Same here I feel like I am in one of the worst phases of my life... Mostly work related, but it's affecting everything.
#435 of 594 Old 04-19-2006, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

for those of you who feel things have gotten worse.....hang in there.

I had to have a couple bumps before some big things happened to me in a few maps.

remember, if you want a beautiful garden you have to get rid of a few big rocks..and possibly the universe is helping you find those rocks right now. kwim? but the garden is being prepared even if it seems hard right now. promise.

#436 of 594 Old 04-19-2006, 03:41 PM

Quote:

I had to have a couple bumps before some big things happened to me in a few maps.

remember, if you want a beautiful garden you have to get rid of a few big rocks..and possibly the universe is helping you find those rocks right now. kwim? but the garden is being prepared even if it seems hard right now. promise.
Thank you Tracy for the encouragment. As some say "may your words reach God's ears"
#437 of 594 Old 04-19-2006, 06:32 PM

Tracy this sure fits with the lyrics of the Indigo Girls song I heard this week

"A refuge never grows/from a (something something) and a thoughtful pose...gotta tend the earth if you want a rose..."

#438 of 594 Old 04-19-2006, 10:33 PM

"chin in a hand"

Big Indigo Girls fan here!
#439 of 594 Old 04-19-2006, 11:46 PM

Quote:

thankyouthankyouthankyou for putting it that way!!

#440 of 594 Old 04-21-2006, 03:41 PM

This is such a great thread! I am mostly a lurker, but all the info and encouragement and positive thinking is so great.

I just wanted to share that my Treasure maps (I made 2 because I couldnt fit everything onto one ) have been hanging in the kitchen for a while now, and dh who has been without work since Aug 2005 now has 2 jobs! That really will help with the cash flow and that was part of our map. Some other stuff we have in mind for our year has been shaping up too, but mostly it's just a more positive focused feeling. I think the maps are really helping with that.

ps my 2 girlfriends who made maps with me say thank you to everyone for the inspiration!
#441 of 594 Old 04-21-2006, 11:09 PM

I didn't edit mine at all, but did mount it on to foam board, that way it stands up big in my room, can't miss it now lol

I think we have definately seen some changes. My dh had a bad back injury in 04 at work, then it just went away, so they never did surgery. It has reoccured a few times, at this point we have lost over $3,000 in income, not to mention stress, his pain, his lack of being able to carry kids etc, and late fees/int on bills that got behind. Well, late March, it came back, worse than ever. At this point, this is a bit of a good thing though, it looks like they are finally going to ok surgery (find out at the end of May), and this may get treated for real, not ignored so he can get his life back. And at the last hearing about this, the judge told him if it ever reoccured, or even if he was still restricted in his life by this spring that we need to get a workers comp lawyer, that we will be due a good settlement.

So even though him being home stinks, it is good long run, he will be better off if it is treated for real, a settlement would help us immensely, and I am getting a PT job, which my sanity was really due for. And overall, everyone is doing really well, so I think that things are going good.

So glad that I did this, I have really benefited from all the comments and info on here.
#442 of 594 Old 04-26-2006, 02:38 PM

Hi There,
Just wanted to pop in and say that I did see some movement this week.

After we bought our house last year (a treasure map story!) we racked up a BUNCH of credit card debt. We really prefer not to use plastic, so taking on this form of debt was a real emotional blow for us. On my treasure map I put "I am debt free and have money in the bank."

Last week, I FINALLY got a bunch of client payments. And while we are no-where near debt free, I was able to payoff a sizeable and noticeable chunk.

Now lets pay homage that the treasure map helps deliver the big money client I am looking for this year! I wanna be "debt free with money in the bank" by the next aries new moon gosh dern it!
#443 of 594 Old 04-26-2006, 03:21 PM

Goodcents, how wonderful! That must really be a relief!

Unfortunately we have not been so lucky... the main things on my treasure map were:
Good health and weightloss (tied together because of my thyroid)
Financial
Trust issues
Self-esteem issues
Family stability

I took everyone's advice and wrote the affirmations very positive and everything... so far all that has happened is:
I've gained about 10lbs
My BP is starting to rise again
We are even worse off financially than before... we're expecting our electricity to be cut off in 2 weeks
We can't pay our rent
My self-esteem is lower than it has been in years
My DH and I have been fighting more than ever
I feel more disconnected from my oldest DD

So, we've obviously been going the wrong direction ~sighs~
#444 of 594 Old 04-26-2006, 03:22 PM

Yay for you Goodcents! Keep those affirmations coming everybody
#445 of 594 Old 04-26-2006, 03:25 PM

Amy, so sorry things are not going good for you... YET

Here I am quoting Tracy as she replied to those of us who felt things are getting worse (myself included) on the previous page

Quote:

#446 of 594 Old 04-27-2006, 03:17 PM

Things are looking rather more chaotic in my life right now, but I can see a true movement toward the wholeness that is all over my map. The road that I'm traveling is hard, but the destination seems great.
#447 of 594 Old 04-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
You know, the hardest thing for me to see when I first did this was seeing how I was going to get from point a to point b.

Epsecially when it felt like I was moving backwards, and not going the right direction at all, or when things came up that seemed COMPLETELY the wrong thing.

But you really do have to move through the major obstacles before you can get there. With getting pregnant, I had to move, I had to be happier about where I was, I had to decide life was okay if I didn't get pregnant. (Which was the hardest part.) And then things sort of cleared up, and the IVF came into being, and things worked out. We wanted to move to Oregon, and man, that was just a complete struggle. We had no idea how it was going to work - everything we did seemed to tie us more to Colorado, things just kept setting up like we were never going to move. And then, bam, DH got a job offer, after we had made plans to stay, I had signed a contract too work in CO for the summer...everything had been set up. Again, sometimes things have to go through points c, d and e to get back to b.

I don't know why, I think there are emotional issues, I think there are things that need to be completed, I think that there are things that need to be resolved before you can move forward. If you feel like you are moving backward, away from what you want, you have to look at why. For me, a lot of it is giving up control. Being okay with what happens, not trying to force it to happen. A lesson I have a hard time learning.

It can be tough, but letting yourself get what you really want is hard on a lot of us.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#448 of 594 Old 04-27-2006, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

especially since her baby is now officially overdue and to think when she first came to treasure maps two years ago she felt so far away from her baby. And now we are literally moments for realization.

thank you for such a clear posting.

listen to her, gals. she knows from what she speaks.

hugs to all and big hugs to AdinaL's baby girl who is minutes from arriving.

#449 of 594 Old 04-29-2006, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

I just wanted everyone to know that AdinaL's baby came into the world yesterday (friday). I'm copying her husband's post from TAO

Quote:
I'll let Adina go into details later (this is her husband, by the way), but Adina was amazing - courageous and strong through the entire process.

She brought Brigit Naomi safely into the world today at 6:12pm PDT, weighing in at 8 pounds, 8 ounces, 21.5 inches long.

Mom & baby are sleeping peacefully, Adina under the clean sheet, and Brigit on my right arm (time to get faster at my one-armed qwerty).

Let the celebration begin! I'm off to make announcement calls & gaze at my family.

How beautiful.

#450 of 594 Old 04-29-2006, 11:10 AM

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page