Treasure Map 2006 - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 594 Old 05-20-2006, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Thanks so much for that Tracy! I really enjoyed the movie. It reminds me of this book I only read in part Excuse me Your Life is Waiting.

More later...
#482 of 594 Old 05-20-2006, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcents
It reminds me of this book I only read in part Excuse me Your Life is Waiting.

More later...
"Excuse me, Your Life is Waiting" is a great book. I keep coming back to it. It seems to go along well with the Treasure Map concept.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#483 of 594 Old 05-20-2006, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE ] Did you look at the fathers "treasure map"? I didn't pay attention to see if it was similar to the treasure map here. But it obviosly is the same concept.[/QUOTE]

it was VERY similiar to our maps..... that's one of the reasons why I wanted to post the link to the movie here.... just in case someone has doubts about their map.... watching the movie may help dissolve the doubts....

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#484 of 594 Old 05-21-2006, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice

Question: should I throw out last year's map? I think I will.
What do the rest of you do? Do you toss your old maps or keep them cause they're fun to look at?

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#485 of 594 Old 05-21-2006, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice
What do the rest of you do? Do you toss your old maps or keep them cause they're fun to look at?
mt whenever i am in a quandry like you i always go deep inside to figure out how i feel about it. what does my gut says. somedays i feel i am going against everybody but i help myself as that is how i feel.

for me this was an easy decision. this year is my second map. last year i did it in a hurry at work using an a4 size paper and a red pencil. so i didnt have the heart to throw it away. while i was doing it i also had this vision of something that i wanted which i wrote down so i have gotten attached to it and havent been able to throw it out.

my present map is a huge one on a poster board. storing it will be a pain. but it is also a v. alive work for me as there is constant movement - big and small that next year i dont know what i will do. and so i am attached to it and dont think i would be able to throw it away.

i actually cannot imagine myself 'throwing it' away - and i am sure you feel the same way. i have to find a ritual meaningful to me where i can offer gratitude and do something to the map. either burn it or recycle it by making paper mache or something. havent decided what i am going to do. but when the time is right - whether tomorrow or seven years from now - i will then take care of the old maps.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#486 of 594 Old 05-21-2006, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

yep, I agree, follow thy gut....

I kept my first map for a couple years...then I cut it up and saved some of the images that I was just not ready to release.....

I ended up keeping an image from a couple of other maps too. I put those images in a manila envelope and it is somewhere in my house now.

that's what I did......

#487 of 594 Old 05-22-2006, 10:02 AM

wow, i can't wait to see the movie now! that book also sounds like a great resource. has anyone read the power of now? how do the movie and book compare in their subject matter?

after all this time, i finally got a camera and uploaded my map over the weekend. here it is.

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#488 of 594 Old 05-22-2006, 10:33 AM

wow, i can't wait to see the movie now! that book also sounds like a great resource. has anyone read the power of now? how do the movie and book compare in their subject matter?

after all this time, i finally got a camera and uploaded my map over the weekend. here it is.

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#489 of 594 Old 05-22-2006, 12:25 PM

I like your map c.!

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#490 of 594 Old 05-23-2006, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Treasure Mappers... I NEED YOUR HELP.

Please, I trust you guys... I know you can do it... especially some of you moms who have now seen The Secret...... a little bit from you will help so much....

go here:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...75#post5186675

#491 of 594 Old 05-23-2006, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy
Treasure Mappers... I NEED YOUR HELP.

Please, I trust you guys... I know you can do it... especially some of you moms who have now seen The Secret...... a little bit from you will help so much....

go here:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...75#post5186675
Done.
#492 of 594 Old 05-23-2006, 10:15 PM

I'm in.

Maureen
#493 of 594 Old 05-24-2006, 11:08 AM

:

#494 of 594 Old 06-27-2006, 10:26 PM

Well, here it is and I'm wondering if anybody else is seeing things in their treasure map manifesting?

I am, even after all the difficultiy I had in doing a map, (I made two attempts, one at the new moon and one at full, and haven't felt satisfied with either: ) and the timing is amazing!

A few weeks ago, I started reading the Feng Shui threads, and was fascinated. The declutter theme was there again, and I looked at our incredibly cluttered house that we share with another family, and all the stuff that's not mine, and all the stuff that is.... Then the local LLL anounced their yard sale, which inspired me to go through my closet and clear out over three trash bags full of stuff. The very next day I looked at an apartment that I really liked that's in a wonderful location and is well within our price range. A week (and some small feng shui changes) later, dh saw it and also liked it, so we applied. Sunday (after more decluttering, and packing the first couple boxes) we got a call saying it's ours if we want it! Just hours after the exact new moon!!! Plus the apartment is for Aug. 1, which fits well with dh's crazy work schedule, and we will have all the papers signed before Mercury goes retrograde! : : I am really really psyched about this. I got some feng shui books from the library and am reading up and already planning remedies for the problems in the new place (there definitely are some, but that's ok). I'm so glad we have a whole month to pack, and to get rid of stuff we don't need. I am feeling optimistic, and ready to face the challenges. After feeling so stuck for so long, I can feel things really moving, and this is just the beginning!

Tracy for all the treasure map and feng shui info. and encouragement! And everybody for sharing your stories!

Tracy, I saw your other thread; I'm in, too.
#495 of 594 Old 06-27-2006, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Zannaylyn.

It sounds like things are starting to cook with you... and thanks for the bump on Cancer new moon. Normally I would have thought to have bumped but I've been so busy these days that I forgot.

And thanks for the prayers.. I believe that's what you were indicating.

HUGS

#496 of 594 Old 06-27-2006, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

OKAY, MOMMIES.... I'M COMING HERE TO LET YOU KNOW ABOUT SOMETHING.....

PLEASE GO TO THIS THREAD.. IT IS AWESOME. YOU GOTTA TRUST ME ON THIS ONE... i HOPE A BUNCH OF YOU WILL DO IT... YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=471795

I PROMISE!

#497 of 594 Old 06-27-2006, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy
And thanks for the prayers.. I believe that's what you were indicating.
Yup! Reiki/love/light/healing energy
#498 of 594 Old 06-27-2006, 10:51 PM

I have been starting to notice some changes, I think. I have a full-time job now, so eventually we'll be able to actually get ahead a little financially... or at LEAST not be completely behind. Of course, it's going to take several paychecks for us to get out of the hole since we're behind on everything, but I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

My relationship however has not changed really... we're still arguing as much as ever, if not more so actually... I think once things ease up financially though that other things will fall into place.

Tracy, I checked out that thread and it does look interesting... as soon as I can I think I'll be downloading it.
#499 of 594 Old 07-05-2006, 03:18 AM

Okay, I am definitely seeing changes.

Of course one of the things on my map is "financial freedom" and "abundance", right?

The other day DH's boss told him that he put him in for a raise, and he was approved. Do you know how much it was for? TEN PERCENT!!!

And.

DH is getting a bonus at the end of July, which will cover the cost of...

a DIGITAL SLR - also on my map!

And.

I have 'friendship' and 'circle of friends' and 'community' on my map as well. I have recently met two other Mamas and become good friends with them, separately. I see each one of them almost weekly now. The friends we had already made here are becoming better friends.

I also have 'organic garden'. Well, we don't have one because we rent, but there is an organic farm 5 minutes from our house where we get our veggies and some fruits, and a farmers market where we get the rest. And we are regulars at both.

I also have 'effortless communication' and my communication with DH is, in fact, improving.

Now for that 'strong, healthy body'...I am working on it!
#500 of 594 Old 07-05-2006, 08:24 AM
Banned

That's wonderful how things are moving.

I have a question, I am seeing a *lot* of movement from last year's map and some from this year's. I'm wondering if this delayed but dramatic movement is normal.
#501 of 594 Old 07-05-2006, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I have a question, I am seeing a *lot* of movement from last year's map and some from this year's. I'm wondering if this delayed but dramatic movement is normal.
Yes!

#502 of 594 Old 07-05-2006, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn
Okay, I am definitely seeing changes.

Of course one of the things on my map is "financial freedom" and "abundance", right?

The other day DH's boss told him that he put him in for a raise, and he was approved. Do you know how much it was for? TEN PERCENT!!!

And.

DH is getting a bonus at the end of July, which will cover the cost of...

a DIGITAL SLR - also on my map!

And.

I have 'friendship' and 'circle of friends' and 'community' on my map as well. I have recently met two other Mamas and become good friends with them, separately. I see each one of them almost weekly now. The friends we had already made here are becoming better friends.

I also have 'organic garden'. Well, we don't have one because we rent, but there is an organic farm 5 minutes from our house where we get our veggies and some fruits, and a farmers market where we get the rest. And we are regulars at both.

I also have 'effortless communication' and my communication with DH is, in fact, improving.

Now for that 'strong, healthy body'...I am working on it!

It sounds like things are definitely moving forward, great! Stay open and positive and more will come. congrats!

#503 of 594 Old 07-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Banned

Thanks, Tracy.

You would not imagine how much last year's map is true.

I tried to keep the FS Bagua in mind and have golden fish swimming in my wealth area and it says, "Every Blessing You Pour OUt I'll Turn Back to Praise. (it's a sweet worship song,) Our income has risen over 10%.

In the relationship area I have my dh and me on Whistler Mountain together as a couple. We're going to Whistler and Vancouver during my winter break. I have "Jo Home Safe," (she was in Iraq when I made my treasure map,) Jo is home safe (both emotionally and physicall, you would not believe, there are no emotional scars, amazing. Under Jo home safe, I have a protective angel in the Helpful people area, In my fame area I have a stack of books with an A. Last semester I got straight A's In the Family area I have a painting of my family in a boat. Last July, we purchased a boat. In the center I have Ikkyu (I'm hoping to be ikkyu next test (July or August,) and in the heart of it, I have pre-med, I applied into pre med and am hopeful.....

A *lot* of movement, and there is the chance, within the next few months, every *single* thing on that treasure map will come to pass.
#504 of 594 Old 07-05-2006, 11:33 AM

This treasure mapping has been a great experience. Nearly EVERYTHING on my treasure map has come about or is starting to come about. There are just a couple items that haven't seen much movement, but I haven't given up hope on those yet.

This has just been so amazing.
#505 of 594 Old 07-06-2006, 09:37 PM

Hi

I wanted to post an update yesterday but I forgot.

This is the first time I did treasure map....and on it I had 3 things- getting pregnant, getting my green card this year so that I can visit my parents soon and financial stability!

So far, last one came first!!! Everything is going smooth (thanks God) and I'm very optimistic that my first 2 wishes will be true too and soon!

Well, yesterday my boss called me to her office. I already got a annual raise in March...which everyone gets based on performance yearly. So when I went to her office she asked me how things were going- I said fine but stressed due to work. Then she gave me a letter saying I hope this will take your stress a little- and then I opened the letter and it says- they raised my salary (again!!!!) and it's HUGE........$13,000.00 more!!!!!!! Oh my GOD!!!! I couldn't belive it , it was SO unexpected.......!! But then she told me she valued me a lot......and she wanted to keep the good people.....blah blah blah........but that extra $$$ is so appreciated now that we are TTC..........!

belly.gif heartbeat.gif   computergeek2.gif  
#506 of 594 Old 07-06-2006, 11:12 PM

This is the second year in a row that I've missed making my map, for one reason or another. I feel like I really ought to plan next year's in advance.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#507 of 594 Old 07-07-2006, 09:22 AM

I missed the map-making too... I simply didn't realize what all the fuss was about and didn't come here as often as I have of late. I realized something while reading these last two pages. It's possible to still write up a map. It's like anything in life...when you're ready to do it, the timing is perfect according to you. I am reading books on feng shui and it occurred to me that I could apply that grid as a treasure map (as was stated before I think) and make up a map and let it unfold before me...not having to wait a whole year. Change starts from today...each day...
I think part of my goals this weekend will be to create a map for the next year...

Blessings Bunches,
April
Intuitive Medium
#508 of 594 Old 07-09-2006, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

beemama,

I saw your other posting and it made me think of your treasure map. how are you doing?

#509 of 594 Old 07-10-2006, 12:07 AM

Have to update... my treasure map is amazing. I've seen so much happen on it already. So glad I took the time to make it... imperfect as it was (markers, foil stars & dreams basically)

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

#510 of 594 Old 07-10-2006, 02:36 PM

Tracy, Well... since you asked... there's a lot of darkness in my world right now. And I didn't know what that meant in relation to my map so I decided to go & look at it. It's been in a dark place in the basement-we've moved our daily activities out of that room due to a mold problem, but I left my map there. Hmmm. I just brought it back up to the center of our living space, in the light. I've been working on getting the ball rolling for a lot of things on it but have been feeling kind of cut off from it. Thanks for shedding some light!
Blessings! Kelly

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page