Treasure Map 2006 - Page 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#541 of 594 Old 07-28-2006, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Subscribing and marking my place so I know where I left off once I catch up.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#542 of 594 Old 07-28-2006, 10:09 PM

So is it true you can do these treasure maps any time? I saw this thread but never got around to doing mine at the right time :

And gosh, if mercury isretrograde this week that may explain a ton of obnoxious crap going on It's over tomorrow right?

Something is pulling me to this forum constantly lately. We've been making so many changes in the direction of our lives and it seems that all of a sudden changes ar ehitting me spritually too but not in any clear way that I've been able to make sense of. And I'm still so skeptical of so much.....parts of me do believe, parts of me *want* to believe in the things I read about lately, but there is still a big part htat says it's all hooey. I'm so confused :

Maybe I'll go ahead and make a TM this weekend. I suppose it can't hurt anything and if clarity is something I'm looking for maybe this will help me reach my goals.
#543 of 594 Old 07-28-2006, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahNH
So is it true you can do these treasure maps any time? I saw this thread but never got around to doing mine at the right time :

And gosh, if mercury isretrograde this week that may explain a ton of obnoxious crap going on It's over tomorrow right?

Something is pulling me to this forum constantly lately. We've been making so many changes in the direction of our lives and it seems that all of a sudden changes ar ehitting me spritually too but not in any clear way that I've been able to make sense of. And I'm still so skeptical of so much.....parts of me do believe, parts of me *want* to believe in the things I read about lately, but there is still a big part htat says it's all hooey. I'm so confused :

Maybe I'll go ahead and make a TM this weekend. I suppose it can't hurt anything and if clarity is something I'm looking for maybe this will help me reach my goals.
sarah,
The Treasure Maps I have generated here on MDC are always during the Aries New Moon which is in either March or April. However if you go over to The Secret thread you will see that there are some discussions about treasure maps that are not aligned with astrology.....

if you choose to wait to make your Map next spring...you can certainly start doing things now to help yourlife in general. This is a good time to feng shui... and by the way.. the retrograde has just ended...about 45 minutes ago.. thank God.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#544 of 594 Old 07-28-2006, 10:53 PM

It's interesting to me to read that there's been a Mercury Retrograde going on this week. The last one, I was miserable, everything was going absolutely, horribly *wrong*, but this time things have been going pretty well. I started writing a book, and it's actually coming along very nicely. Strange. :

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#545 of 594 Old 07-31-2006, 07:30 PM

I haven't watched The Secret yet because I only seem to think about it when I don't have time to sit at the computer that long.

But I wanted to respond to whoever posted about The Master Key by Charles Haanel. You can get a pdf download of the book for $2 here. And then there's this website, which seems to have a subscription service to get the book chapter by chapter for free.

Somewhere, somehow, I found a link to download the whole thing for free, so I did. I haven't read much of it ... you know how life intervenes ... but the first few bits of it didn't seem out of the ordinary. Of course, I've studied The Course in Miracles, so "out of the ordinary" for me is probably pretty different than for some people.

Anyway, if anyone *does* read The Master Key and *has* seen The Secret, I'd be curious about overlap.

And maybe one of these days I'll remember to watch it when I have time to do so.
#546 of 594 Old 08-03-2006, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Lucimonster,

this is also an awesome website.... Hay House Radio..

http://www.hayhouseradio.com/

it has all kinds of lectures by all the favorites...louise hay, wayne dyer, doreen virtue... etc.

#547 of 594 Old 08-03-2006, 04:01 PM

Yep, Tracy, I actually get several podcasts from HayHouse via iTunes. I've read her stuff for years, and it's good to see her success promoting others, too.
#548 of 594 Old 08-06-2006, 01:17 AM

Is it possible? Could it be? Is my Treasure Map actually coming to be?

One of the main things on my Treasure Map is finances. We were VERY bad off financially. I found a job a few months ago, part-time temp. When that got over I was immediately hired into a full-time job with decent pay. I hate it, but it's really helping financially... we're still struggling, but at least now we can pay our bills. And NOW DH has a phone interview on Monday for a great job! It's back doing what he knows, management position, and making about $14000 more per year than he is right now! Wow!!! The job doesn't start until October 1st, and he doesn't have it yet... but he feels very confident, and he's perfectly qualified, so... ~crossing our fingers~

Another point of the map was a place to live. Our lease is up here in October, and in fact we're trying to get out sooner because we're having TONS of problems with the water pump, and the landlords never want to fix it. We've been looking around at what's available for rent (can't buy, HORRIBLE credit and no deposit money), and getting really discouraged. Some nice houses in our price range, but all in other areas of town. I don't want to leave this area though. I love it out here. Well, At the end of our street is a house I've always loved ever since we moved in. I always joked with DH how I wanted to find out who owned it and ask to rent it from them. It's always looked empty since we moved in here last October. Then a couple times during the last few months we've noticed a couple people there, only for a day or two at a time. I pouted because obviously it wasn't empty like I had though.

Today we went out driving around again looking at houses for rent. I was getting really depressed because everything we can afford is in areas I don't want to live in. Some nice areas, but I want to stay in the county, away from close neighbors, etc. But there is NOTHING for rent out here. Very discouraging since I really don't want to leave our area.

As we were driving down the road I saw it. A sign in front of THE house... "For rent or sale"!!! I stopped immediately and we tried to call the number on the sign... got a voicemail box, but it said it hadn't been set up yet. We're going to try calling again tomorrow.

I want this house SO bad. I haven't even seen the inside, but I don't care. I want it. I do I do I do! It's got a decent sized FENCED yard, garage, nice size house, etc. DD wouldn't have to change schools OR buses, she'd still have her friend at the end of the street, I wouldn't be farther away from work, etc. AND IT'S THE HOUSE I'VE WANTED FOR NEARLY A YEAR!!! This HAS to be a sign!

Please oh please oh please oh please!!!
#549 of 594 Old 08-07-2006, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

amydidit... that sounds just awesome. Oh, how I hope you get that house!!

#550 of 594 Old 08-07-2006, 08:44 PM

So what else have people manifested???

I'm seeing lots of things from my map come together...mostly emotions and relationships. I didn't put much tangible stuff this year.
One thing I put was wanting my dd2 to learn how to swim this summer...she is only 2yo but for pool safety reasons and because I'm hoping for another baby by nest summer...I wanted her to learn this summer so I went ahead and included it on my map and sure enough she is swimming all over our pool.

I'm just so curious to know who is seeing their maps actualize?
#551 of 594 Old 08-07-2006, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Beth
I'm hoping for another baby by nest summer...
This is the sweetest typo I ever saw. I hope you're nesting by next summer too!

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#552 of 594 Old 08-08-2006, 12:00 AM

You know, nothing major, but

I put (among other things that are more far fetched) a picture of a vegetable garden - we have one that we planted in the spring and even found a place to put it. We had a good "harvest" so far. I am rather proud of it.

Another thing - I put a picture of a child playing piano. Now we got a piano and a "child" is playing it. I put "child" in quotation marks because it is my older DS, who is 19, so not technically a child anymore
#553 of 594 Old 08-08-2006, 05:06 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Beth
So what else have people manifested???

I'm just so curious to know who is seeing their maps actualize?
i am seeing some kind of movement with at least 75% of what i put on my map - and i put a bunch of them there this year. this was my second map and the first one i did in a hurry as i just discovered it before the time was up.

the three most important ones are - i wanted help in my spiritual journey that i had just started and i am seeing HUGE changes within me.

second i really wanted more time with my dd and things worked out in such a way that that is what i have been able to do.

things were going really badly between my ex and me and now it has improved hugely. just stopping all the shouting and yelling was huge.

right now i have the job i wanted even if it is temporary. i wrote exactly what i wanted in a job not knowing exactly what field i wanted it in and i have got it to a tee and even better than i had hoped for.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#554 of 594 Old 08-08-2006, 02:30 PM

One of the things on my map was acceptance of my body and the way I look, which I have always had a problem with. I realized a week ago that I was loking into the mirror, and liking what I saw. I know that that may not sound like a big deal--but for me, it is a miracle of almost biblical proportions.
#555 of 594 Old 08-08-2006, 03:41 PM

It's so cool seeing so many treasure maps working out for people. I dont post here very often, but am sort of following along.

Actually, things are sort of working out for us too in several arenas. I had made my map to include things like being more politically active, taking time to do crafty things, clearing clutter, financial stability, and working towards building our new home.

Most of these things are really coming around for us. Dh has been off an on unemployed for about a year now, but every time I think, wow, we won't be able to pay the bills next month, something happens that makes everything work out. It makes me feel pretty positive about the universe.

I have also been really active politically, volunteering for our local NARAL about once a week and bringing dd along with me sometimes. And for some reason I have been writing tons of letters to politicians or companies etc every time something makes me happy or mad. It feels great to be so involved.

I haven't managed to finish too many craft projects, but I have started quite a few!

We are working on clutter clearing and have been mentally gearing up towards getting the process started on our new home. We have been doing research and taking classes on building and pretty soon will be meeting with designers! We live in town in Seattle and strangely enough, it makes more financial sense to build on our lot than to try and buy another home in the neighborhood b/c homes are so expensive. : Plus, now we can be super green and energy efficient by designing and building ourselves
#556 of 594 Old 08-08-2006, 04:20 PM

It's exciting to see all this!

Momtwice, my typo was "perfect" wasn't it!

Irinam- congratulations on your vegetable garden. That is something...I tried to grow one this year but haven't gotten much out of it. My flower gardens are doing well...and I kid you not I only put a picture of a flower garden on my map!

Cajunmomma that is wonderful. I hope you will continue to feel comfortable in your own skin, who ever you, whatever way you look on any given day!

Meemee- I think doing a TM anytime is great and will help you attract the specific things you want into your life. It's great that you have the job and the time with your dd that you hoped for.

Amydidit- please keep us posted on the house...hope you get it!
#557 of 594 Old 08-08-2006, 05:12 PM

We heard back from the man renting the house... a couple good points, and one bad.

Good points:
* They aren't looking to rent it immediately... good since we're not looking to move for about a month or so anyway
* It has the right number of bedrooms and bathrooms that we need
* It has a jacuzzi!!! (I've always wanted a jacuzzi)
* The guy is willing to work with us on the deposit, make payments and all that

The bad:
* The rent is $200 more per month ($1000!) than we can really afford. BUT, if (when) DH gets the new job we'll be able to afford it fine.

He's going to be in town in a couple weeks and will call us to see it. I'm excited!

DH's interview went VERY well too... found out he's the ONLY one that's even been qualified enough to interview so far. He should be hearing back soon about a second interview.

I'm still trying very hard not to get my hopes up, but it's difficult!
#558 of 594 Old 08-09-2006, 10:03 AM

I'm afraid I don't have much in the way of manifesting to report; I think the problem is that I don't actually *look* at my treasure map very often. I'm going to move it to a more prominent place so my eyes cross over it, at least, so it can do it's magic more effectively.

BUT, I also ran across a similar concept to treasure mapping at a coaching site that I've recently found and enjoyed. Here's the link.
#559 of 594 Old 08-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Banned

A lot of the stuff is sort of within my grasp.

Sort of frustrating, but also really cool and energizing.
#560 of 594 Old 08-09-2006, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucimomster
I haven't watched The Secret yet because I only seem to think about it when I don't have time to sit at the computer that long.

But I wanted to respond to whoever posted about The Master Key by Charles Haanel. You can get a pdf download of the book for $2 here. And then there's this website, which seems to have a subscription service to get the book chapter by chapter for free.

Somewhere, somehow, I found a link to download the whole thing for free, so I did. I haven't read much of it ... you know how life intervenes ... but the first few bits of it didn't seem out of the ordinary. Of course, I've studied The Course in Miracles, so "out of the ordinary" for me is probably pretty different than for some people.

Anyway, if anyone *does* read The Master Key and *has* seen The Secret, I'd be curious about overlap.

And maybe one of these days I'll remember to watch it when I have time to do so.
lucimonster,
I've done course in miracles...marianne's workshops were near my house and I used to go all the time in the 80s. she was a great speaker. I have not done Master Key so I can't speak of that. The tenants of Religious Science have been in my balliwiick for ye ars. I first read Louise Hay in the mid 80's. Even went to her house for a great lecture. have been listening to Carolyn Myss since the beginning and heard her speak in the early 90's. She is also a client of one of my best friends who is also a spiritual touchstone for me. And I've done other stuff..gosh, yes.... anyway, I can say all of the above is very much in synch with The Secret. Very much. But having said that.... The Secret is probably the best handling of all the above material. I can't explain it but it sends home the message in a most succint, clear way. I gave it to several friends of mine who are RS practitioners and they have all said the same thing..."It is the clearest message I have seen in a long time."

so.... I really want you to make time to watch it. And yes, put up your map so you can see it more...but also watch The Secret. It will ring the bell of your map. I promise.

#561 of 594 Old 08-09-2006, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amydidit
We heard back from the man renting the house... a couple good points, and one bad.

Good points:
* They aren't looking to rent it immediately... good since we're not looking to move for about a month or so anyway
* It has the right number of bedrooms and bathrooms that we need
* It has a jacuzzi!!! (I've always wanted a jacuzzi)
* The guy is willing to work with us on the deposit, make payments and all that

The bad:
* The rent is $200 more per month ($1000!) than we can really afford. BUT, if (when) DH gets the new job we'll be able to afford it fine.

He's going to be in town in a couple weeks and will call us to see it. I'm excited!

DH's interview went VERY well too... found out he's the ONLY one that's even been qualified enough to interview so far. He should be hearing back soon about a second interview.

I'm still trying very hard not to get my hopes up, but it's difficult!

Honestly, ADI.. I think you will be able to manifest that $200 plus more.... seriously I think that is going to be an effortless stretch....

#562 of 594 Old 08-09-2006, 10:55 AM

I have to agree with Tracy. I've been a Louise Hay fan for years and seeing the Secret is like hanging out in a room with Louise Hay and dozen or so of her best friends and teachers. For me, engaging the other senses, seeing the people talking, hearing them speak, engages me even more than reading a book.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#563 of 594 Old 08-18-2006, 07:51 PM

Hey tracy, I know that the Aries New Moon is the very best time to do a treasure map, but since we're months away from that, is there a better/worse time within any given month to do something like this, maybe on a shorter term?

I've got some friends who are wanting to do something like this Right Now (well, they've given themselves 3 weeks to get it finished), and I thought I'd do a "mini map" for my month of September. Is there a better or worse time in the next few weeks for such a project?

Thanks!
#564 of 594 Old 08-18-2006, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucimomster
Hey tracy, I know that the Aries New Moon is the very best time to do a treasure map, but since we're months away from that, is there a better/worse time within any given month to do something like this, maybe on a shorter term?

I've got some friends who are wanting to do something like this Right Now (well, they've given themselves 3 weeks to get it finished), and I thought I'd do a "mini map" for my month of September. Is there a better or worse time in the next few weeks for such a project?

Thanks!
Oh, lucimonster how you challenge me. ....... well, I'm wildly opposed to treasure maps in the fall because they would be generated during the harvest time and not the seed planting time... but maybe if your friends are really intent on doing it now.. they should make it way..way, mini.... things that are about to harvest or close to harvesting.. does that make sense?

there is a new moon in virgo this week August 23 3:09 pm. so they could do it then for about 3 days... see what they generate. but if they find this process less than a stellar experience they should NOT NOT judge all treasure maps based on this mini one... and they should just know that it is way more powerful during the March/April new moon.....

if I could offer an alternative solution... I would ask them to dig in and do some feng shui right now and take it out until next spring. I'm sure they could all benefit from it... and ditch stuff and clear out stuff and fix broken things.. etc... the stuff of feng shui... there is a thread here on it (you know). and I would ask them to focus on it. Also, I encourage you and your friends to watch The Secret.. and I have a vibe you have not watched it yet... no more stalling on that, missy.

#565 of 594 Old 08-18-2006, 09:48 PM

You don't know how much it makes me giggle for you to call me "missy!" I think I'm probably old enough to be your mom, or at least your way-older sister!

Okay, okay. As soon as I can, I'll watch The Secret. Right now, I've got to wrestle my boys into bed (chocolate mousse for dessert: eeks!).

And thanks for the words of wisdom about my friends' plans. I'll pass it along.

YOU, my friend, are a treasure to me. I want you to know that.
#566 of 594 Old 08-18-2006, 10:40 PM

I've been lurking a while since the map-making time, reading everyone's insights, and now feel compelled to add my little bit - esp. after reading Amydidit's posts. *crosses fingers for you, amy*

Manifestations seem to be slow, but an undercurrent is flowing.

For example:

I am an amateur gardener, and I put "enough to put up and share" on my map. I hsould have put "...with friends and neighbors" because the deer have eaten, imo, MORE than their share

I also put "I start writing a book" because I am trying to get focused on my writing more and have a lot of ideas that aren't yet developed. Anyway, the idea for a story/parable that has been floating around in my head for years won't let me go now. Maybe that's the book, maybe not, but I did NOT expect fiction to find me in the midst of my hectic life.

I added "our own home" on my map and I was able to visualize ourselves in our own space, and wrote about it in my zine. It was lovely, and romantic, and real. This visualization stays with me always, despite our complete lack of good credit and resources. It is comforting and a little something to look forward to.

I also added "the plants talk to me" because I'm trying to learn more about medicinal herbs and how they live and what they need for me to cultivate them and use them medicinally for our family. And while I don't dream of them (yet), I come to understand a lot of things intuitively, like when I realized that some of my plants liked company and that I shouldn't weed them.

I haven't yet found my mama friend close by, and we haven't gotten rid of our debt yet, but I'm certainly more focused and we are all [knock on wood] healthy and thriving (a map item).

I keep hoping for the instant gratification -- I know, lazy -- but instead of that I feel the currents and undercurrents and am beginning to trust that energy more. I'm very curious about the coming winter!

rural mama to DD1 DD2
unschooling, non-vaxing, writing, gardening, co-sleeping, critter-loving family :
#567 of 594 Old 08-19-2006, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
You don't know how much it makes me giggle for you to call me "missy!" I think I'm probably old enough to be your mom, or at least your way-older sister!
I dunno about that......I remember JFK getting shot....I'm definitely one of the older moms here. are you sure I'm not your older sister....missy?

#568 of 594 Old 08-19-2006, 05:07 PM

*laugh* Okay, you win. I was only 32 months old when he was killed.

But I *do* remember that my mama had a "personally signed" (yeah right) thank you card from Jackie after my mom sent a sympathy card (and presumably, paid for some masses).

So, okay, Sis.

And yes, I have now watched The Secret. And i've been investigating finding mp3s of the Master Key book to listen to on my ipod as I do house cleaning and renovations ("I live in a beautiful house!"), but haven't found any for free yet and can't quite convince myself to put out cash for that in addition to The Secret today. I'm not convinced that I can't find it for free ... and if nothing else, I've got a pdf copy of the book, I may record one myownself!
#569 of 594 Old 09-10-2006, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
just wanted to report a closure on what i had put on my tm. one of the things i had was i wanted to find good homes to all my 10 kittens that fit their personality. today the last two kitties went home.

now this really is a miracle. it just didnt happen. i found the perfect home for EVERY ONE of my kittens. some wanted to stay together. some were better off being indoor cats. one of them likes being an indoor cat and also wanted an older cat as a playmate. she got what she wanted. i have NO regrets. i couldnt have found better homes for them. and all the people i gave them to are cool with me checking up on them. the two of them who didnt like the litter box went to a home without a litter box. i am just amazed how this all worked out.

today it was so wonderful to see the 13 year old dd just so lovingly hold the kittens. the mom was so moved that they are two sisters who are best buddies and had to go to the same home. she replied to my ad within hours of me posting on craigslist. she was moved by how i worded the post (i definitely feel i was guided while writing it). i told them they love sleeping with us on the bed and the mom said perfect for my dd. that's exactly what she wants.

if this could happen to my kittens how much will happen to all my requests on the tm.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#570 of 594 Old 09-11-2006, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemee
just wanted to report a closure on what i had put on my tm. one of the things i had was i wanted to find good homes to all my 10 kittens that fit their personality. today the last two kitties went home.

now this really is a miracle. it just didnt happen. i found the perfect home for EVERY ONE of my kittens. some wanted to stay together. some were better off being indoor cats. one of them likes being an indoor cat and also wanted an older cat as a playmate. she got what she wanted. i have NO regrets. i couldnt have found better homes for them. and all the people i gave them to are cool with me checking up on them. the two of them who didnt like the litter box went to a home without a litter box. i am just amazed how this all worked out.

today it was so wonderful to see the 13 year old dd just so lovingly hold the kittens. the mom was so moved that they are two sisters who are best buddies and had to go to the same home. she replied to my ad within hours of me posting on craigslist. she was moved by how i worded the post (i definitely feel i was guided while writing it). i told them they love sleeping with us on the bed and the mom said perfect for my dd. that's exactly what she wants.

if this could happen to my kittens how much will happen to all my requests on the tm.
just wonderful.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page