Treasure Map 2006 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 594 Old 03-17-2006, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucimomster
I'm not sure why I stopped getting e-mail notifications about updates to this thread, but I'm sorry to have missed the last few days of posting.

I, too, loved Tracy's story about her fear of attracting wealth: it really resonated with me, and I'll be looking for that pea-sized nugget of truth underlying my fears, too.

And I wanted to add this: my favorite local energy healer does a technique called Bio Energetic Synchronization Technique (B.E.S.T.), and in it, we affirm three things:

*** I forgive myself for allowing this feeling to have an effect on my health ***

*** I forgive those who helped create this feeling ***

*** I allow them to forgive me ***

In my experience with self-forgiveness, although that can be the largest part needing attention, sometimes one or both of the other two are necessary to really allow the total healing effect.

So I offer that to all of you to consider trying. If possible, take a deep breath and hold it, then say the words to yourself and close your eyes, noticing how your body, your energy will shift with a bit of concentration. Open your eyes and read the second line, still holding your breath (or taking a new one), and again, watch for the shift ... and then the third.

If you have the opportunity to have a B.E.S.T. adjustment with a certified practitioner, that's even better, but this is the best I can offer over the Internet.

Namasté, everyone. And special blessings to Tracy, for enabling and encouraging us all with this every spring.

Lucimonster, thank you for the above! I had a kind of shitty day yesterday..make that definitely shitty day...and when I read your post in the middle of dealing with insanity..I got that I needed to come back and breathe and read it again. I don't know much about BEST but I went to a Breath worker years ago and I kind of feel this is similiar. Darn her for moving to Colorado or I would go to her again!!
I need to get my balance a bit....I can't tell you how I need this merc retro to be over.

(for Zannalyn: yesterday Merc squared my saturn and my sun, pretty much exactly. --can wait for it to go over it again in ten days ...sigh)

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#122 of 594 Old 03-17-2006, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmama
You have to have 50 posts before you can see the thread. I can see that for the Trading Post, but I don't know why it is for Spirituality.
hmmmmmmmmm, I think I'm lucky if I have 40 posts and it showed up for me just fine when I followed the link...perhaps you have to have a certain amount of time (seeeeeeeeee? I can';t even think of the right words with this bloddy retrograde thing going on...grumble, grumble...)
#123 of 594 Old 03-17-2006, 05:09 PM

So maybe astrology could explain the curse, and when it will end? Where could I find chart-interpretation help online, ideally free?

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#124 of 594 Old 03-17-2006, 08:37 PM

Rynna, I just want you to know that I love you...

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#125 of 594 Old 03-17-2006, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_o_sk
hmmmmmmmmm, I think I'm lucky if I have 40 posts and it showed up for me just fine when I followed the link...perhaps you have to have a certain amount of time (seeeeeeeeee? I can';t even think of the right words with this bloddy retrograde thing going on...grumble, grumble...)
You were grandfathered in when the rule changed.

Spirituality is one of those forums that requires a sensative touch and is prone to people coming in for stirring up trouble, hence the rule.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#126 of 594 Old 03-18-2006, 01:52 PM

Hi Tracy

This is the first time I'm going to do this. I've read all last 3 years threads and still I've got a question.

Question #1: Once I'm done with the map what do I have to do? Do I have to hang it on the wall so that I can see it everyday? Or I can just put it in drawer and see it when I want? Please let me know.

Question # 2: This year it'll start on March 29, right? Sadly I'll be on vacation that time to California. So, can I buy the paper before? I'll buy magazines and stuff there but I don't want to worry about not finding a store to buy paper and all that. Is it ok if I buy paper now and take it with me? Or I MUST buy it once the new moon arrives?

I am so excited about this! I don't want to put that much on the map, 3 things right now.

Getting pregnant (we'll start ttc from July- so that I can give birth next April I want my baby to have Aries sign like me, ),

and getting my green card (I'd my interview last year April everything went well still didn't get the card yet.........I'm so mad)

and continuous financial stability ( anyone has any idea how to picture that on the map? Like what pic should I put for financial stability? )

Last but not least do you think I'll have special luck on Aries new moon since I'm Aries?

Thanks!

Noorjahan

belly.gif heartbeat.gif   computergeek2.gif  
#127 of 594 Old 03-18-2006, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
][Question #1: Once I'm done with the map what do I have to do? Do I have to hang it on the wall so that I can see it everyday? Or I can just put it in drawer and see it when I want? Please let me know.

Honestly, it is your call. But I would suggest, if you got it in you to Hang it up and look at it. At least until July.

Quote:
[Question # 2: This year it'll start on March 29, right? Sadly I'll be on vacation that time to California. So, can I buy the paper before? I'll buy magazines and stuff there but I don't want to worry about not finding a store to buy paper and all that. Is it ok if I buy paper now and take it with me? Or I MUST buy it once the new moon arrives?

first of all...not 'sadly' I think it is awesome you will be on vacation for treasure map. Great way to start the new year.

here's what I would do. Don't buy anything now.
When new moon happens go out and pick up some magazines. I would cut them out and get the feel for your layout...but then put them in a manila envelope and when you get home go ahead and glue it. If you think you can travel with your map..then go ahead and paste it and glue it on your trip..but my guess is that you might not be able to bring it on the plane, yes, no?

and by the way..don't get too comfortable with the thought of an aries child...maybe your DC will want to be something else.... just to stir up the pot a bit... maybe you will get a nice ol' Leo ...oh, one other thought..
check this thread out:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ight=pregnancy

#128 of 594 Old 03-18-2006, 04:03 PM

I have to say, I do live in fear of giving birth to a Capricorn child, particularly a male one. I'd seriously consider induction or scheduling a c-section if it looked like I might deliver a boy during Capricorn. Isn't that horrible?!

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#129 of 594 Old 03-18-2006, 10:38 PM

I'm in this year as well & thanks Tracy for setting up the thread again.

I will give more thought to what I ask for this year. Not much came true from my map last year, but I like my frame of mind better this year.
#130 of 594 Old 03-18-2006, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy
Okay, this was news to me (more MrcX) anyway, I have a little thread about Treasure Maps in Personal Growth. I just expanded it to make more sense. Lucimonster, send your friend there. I think (accent on think) it will work for them.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...=1#post4773287

Thanks, Tracy, I will. (Actually, I just did.) I've got a few good online friends who I think this is perfect for (*waves hello to mel!*) and I'm really hoping they'll "play with me" on the New Moon!

I'm glad you like the forgiveness trio, too. Good stuff.
#131 of 594 Old 03-18-2006, 11:56 PM

subscribing. thanks tracy.
#132 of 594 Old 03-19-2006, 02:50 AM

I am so glad I found this thread... this is exactly what I need! We're doing a de-cluttering right now, or trying, so I think I'll be nice and prepared to start the map on the 29th ~smiles~
#133 of 594 Old 03-19-2006, 03:12 AM

I'm very interested. I'll come back when I have time to think about this.

Hi wolfmama. I see you under that chair.
#134 of 594 Old 03-20-2006, 01:44 AM

Thanks for the answer and the link! I'll buy stuff once I'm there.
Quote:
and by the way..don't get too comfortable with the thought of an aries child...maybe your DC will want to be something else.... just to stir up the pot a bit... maybe you will get a nice ol' Leo ...oh, one other thought..
what does that mean??? I might not get preggo right away......!!!

I'm gonna pray badly so that doesn't happen!!! That'll be so depressing!!

belly.gif heartbeat.gif   computergeek2.gif  
#135 of 594 Old 03-20-2006, 08:36 AM

Is it cool if I draw my own phrases in cool calligraphy letters, with lots of colors etc.? Seems more empowering to me. Can I combine these with magazine phrases?

Can I repeat phrases that worked last year?

Don't apologize for the astrology spinning-off, it has all been extremely reassuring to me. I see a lot of Retrograde stuff going on, old repairs coming undone again, old illnesses in the family returning (that they had a few months ago),

On a positive note, would you say that Retrogrades give us an opportunity to reexamine things that we may have glossed over the last time they came around, and maybe improve things in our life? Can you comment?

Oh and I absolutely positively agree that working on feeling DESERVING is key with regard to the treasure map outcomes.

Thanks so much.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#136 of 594 Old 03-20-2006, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

oh, noorjahan, if you are sure your aires is coming then it probably is.... I'm just saying a Leo might be nice in your fire house. But go for the aires!

eta: btw, I have aries rising, my dh has moon in aries, my son has moon in aries and 5 of my girlfriends have moon in aries. so, i know about about aries energy. I'm exhausted.

#137 of 594 Old 03-20-2006, 11:57 AM

What are the best magazines to use? Last year I picked up mags that I would normally get and found out they did not work well. Which ones do work? Do I get what calls to me? Is there any method to that?

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
#138 of 594 Old 03-20-2006, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice
On a positive note, would you say that Retrogrades give us an opportunity to reexamine things that we may have glossed oaight linever the last time they came around, and maybe improve things in our life? Can you comment?
Absolutely! I think retrogrades have a bad rep because our society has this value of always pushing forward in a straight line. They call it "progress" and it has nothing to do with how nature does things; cycles, seasons, spirals, etc. But we are part of nature, and we do better when we attune ourselves to Her ways.
When we go back over things we can pick up details we missed, correct our direction if its not working well, learn things more thoroughly (sometimes this feels very not fun), make sense of wat's been going on, etc. etc.

ds has the flu. i am enjoying this fascinating thread in between diaper (and clothing) changes, and spending the almost constant nursing sessions working on forgiveness.... wow!
#139 of 594 Old 03-20-2006, 11:59 AM

How do you survive all that aries - ness? My son is an aries through and through, and is enough for us In fact with my youngest, he was due on the verge between cancer and leo, I had every finger crossed for a cancer, the idea of the two strong willed together (leo and aries) just scared me. Well, now I've get them together. So far it's working though, the baby is pretty young. But there's no chance of him being missed by being the youngest or the oldest (the aries) somehow being ignored in all the babyhood of the other two that's for sure

I'd love some good links or books about astrology, like a few other people have mentioned. I read all the Linda Goodman books years ago, even learned how to chart birthdays, but just never learned how to know what it meant. And have no idea on how the changes day to day effect us, but sure can see it when it's pointed out to me.
#140 of 594 Old 03-20-2006, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn
Absolutely! I think retrogrades have a bad rep because our society has this value of always pushing forward in a straight line. They call it "progress" and it has nothing to do with how nature does things; cycles, seasons, spirals, etc. But we are part of nature, and we do better when we attune ourselves to Her ways.
When we go back over things we can pick up details we missed, correct our direction if its not working well, learn things more thoroughly (sometimes this feels very not fun), make sense of wat's been going on, etc. etc.

ds has the flu. i am enjoying this fascinating thread in between diaper (and clothing) changes, and spending the almost constant nursing sessions working on forgiveness.... wow!
Hope he feels better!

I was just talking last night about how nice it is to see the good in the merc retro. But it always seems like there is stuff scheduled that conflicts with the energy of it. I think my mom or I one of us will have to get an almanac or something, if we knew in advance and could keep the schedule clear, that would help with handling it, then we could use the reorganize and redo energy and work with it better.
#141 of 594 Old 03-20-2006, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice
Is it cool if I draw my own phrases in cool calligraphy letters, with lots of colors etc.? Seems more empowering to me. Can I combine these with magazine phrases?

Can I repeat phrases that worked last year?

Don't apologize for the astrology spinning-off, it has all been extremely reassuring to me. I see a lot of Retrograde stuff going on, old repairs coming undone again, old illnesses in the family returning (that they had a few months ago),

On a positive note, would you say that Retrogrades give us an opportunity to reexamine things that we may have glossed over the last time they came around, and maybe improve things in our life? Can you comment?

Oh and I absolutely positively agree that working on feeling DESERVING is key with regard to the treasure map outcomes.

Thanks so much.

words and calligraphy sound beautiful. One year one of my friends did a lot of words on her map more than pictures and I think she had a pretty good year. I would say that doing calligraphy might be really nice because it would take time to write out each word and I think that would give it more focus as you take your time writing. kwim?

Sure you can repeat phrases. But like I said somewhere, I think the energy heading towards the map is going to morph a bit (since the retrograde will go direct next sat) and I believe the actual day of the new moon many of us are just going to wake up with a whole new vibe and what you think you might do and what you do will be different.

And as Zannalyn mentioned pluto is going retrograde during the new moon so that too will impact the energy.... I think for some of us, the energy might be telling us to go back and get our power and reaffirming our beliefs or philosophies.. my own thought is that by the time pluto is done being in Sag (2008) we really should all be 'walking our talk'....(pluto in sag). Before we have to deal with pluto in capricorn which I am dreading.....a verb I never use in astrology.. but that is a whole other kettle of fish.

frequently during mercury retrogrades I have to look backwards about things I have said or thought about and definitely re-examine them. I think this is one of the reasons why we can often see people from our past during a merc retro...gives us an opportunity to re-examine the past with new eyes....but yes, if we were superficial and it needed more focus now we will usually have to do such. hth.

#142 of 594 Old 03-20-2006, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Do I get what calls to me? Is there any method to that?
here's what I did in the past. I went to the most delicious newstand in my area. I went after new moon started.
I stood there, I just kind of opened myself up and I comb through the magazines and bought what just popped out to me. I definitely bought magazines that are not part of my normal repetoire.... seriously. I mean I think I even picked up Architectural Digest (which is not my normal) and there was something in there that needed to be on my map. By the way...it is worth noting that the picture from that map did not come to realization until this year...3 years later.

#143 of 594 Old 03-20-2006, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
I have to say, I do live in fear of giving birth to a Capricorn child, particularly a male one. I'd seriously consider induction or scheduling a c-section if it looked like I might deliver a boy during Capricorn. Isn't that horrible?!
Eep! What does this mean?!
#144 of 594 Old 03-20-2006, 02:11 PM

I am really looking forward to doing my map this year. Last year was a complete bust. I tried during the new moon and I just faltered. couldn't physically do it. Then I tried in the next period (was it quarter moon?) on Tracy's suggestion and I did it with my mom, which was loads of fun, but I could not get it. Nothing clicked. I put it up anyway and every time I looked at it I felt bad, felt wrong, my mil and husband had made fun of a couple of things : the whole thing was just wrong. I took it down. It was very frustrating and disappointing. But now I know why. I was very much in transition. I wasn't being honest with myself or my life. I was trying to hold on to things I knew in my heart I needed to let go of, I wanted to move on, but I had the direction all wrong. A few months later, after a disasterous and painful move and a house fire, my husband and I separated, and me and the kids moved back to my home town to be closer to family. I can honestly say that while there are many things I am looking forward to, and would like to work on, I am, for the first time since I started doing these maps (this is the fourth year) sure of what I want, sure that where I am is right, and feeling incredibly strong and excited. So this is going to be a good one.

Thank you Tracy for all your wisdom, guidance, and support. For all the PITA it is, I still really love this time of year.

One thing I have always have a problem with when doing the maps is how to indicate that I need more money. Since this is a pretty big one now being a single wah mama I need to make it good. I don't like the $$$ symbolism, and in the past I have put things on the map that I would like to have (and would necessarily have the money to have them) instead of "thousands of dollars" or something of the like. What do you usually do for this?

I must go back to my decluttering now...which feels soooooo good...

~Holly (a mama happy to be a capricorn )
#145 of 594 Old 03-20-2006, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I think the energy heading towards the map is going to morph a bit (since the retrograde will go direct next sat) and I believe the actual day of the new moon many of us are just going to wake up with a whole new vibe and what you think you might do and what you do will be different.
That is so cool. I'm finally getting psyched now.

Quote:
we have to deal with pluto in capricorn which I am dreading.....a verb I never use in astrology.. but that is a whole other kettle of fish.
I consider you the Queen of Positive Attitude but if you are concerned A) don't keep us in the dark, now I want to know how to prepare! abd 2) Here's one of my favorite affirmations from Louise Hay:

"I'm safe and I trust the process of life."

Speaking of Louise Hay...

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#146 of 594 Old 03-20-2006, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasmum
One thing I have always have a problem with when doing the maps is how to indicate that I need more money. Since this is a pretty big one now being a single wah mama I need to make it good. I don't like the $$$ symbolism, and in the past I have put things on the map that I would like to have (and would necessarily have the money to have them) instead of "thousands of dollars" or something of the like. What do you usually do for this?
Although I have trouble walking the walk one of my favorites is
"My income is constantly increasing." ~Louise Hay

Another Louise Hay favorite I'm going to put back in my sig.

#147 of 594 Old 03-20-2006, 06:21 PM

Quote:
By the way...it is worth noting that the picture from that map did not come to realization until this year...3 years later.
That is reassuring, Tracy. I know sometimes events have their own timing. Something I put on last year's map (and continued with on this years) came true but it did take two years. Good to know there is still hope for the other stuff from last year.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#148 of 594 Old 03-20-2006, 07:09 PM

About money (and pardon me if I've already said this one this thread or one of the previous years' threads):

The first year I did a Treasure Map, I put lots of photocopies of pictures of stacks of hundred dollar bills and stacks of gold coins in the Wealth Corner. Response from the universe: nothing noteworthy.

The second year, I had just gotten a hundred dollar check from my father for my birthday, a couple of weeks before Treasure Map time. This time, on the new moon, I took the check to the bank and cashed it in for a pretty, crisp hundred dollar bill. I took it home, stuck sticky notes to the back, then glued the sticky notes to my Treasure Map in the wealth corner. The following January, my husband got a TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLAR bonus from his work! Whoo-hoo!

The third year (last year), I was still under the glow from January's bonus and under the impression that he'd be getting a sizable bonus again this year because the company had a HUGE influx of business ... blah blah blah. I took the lovely hundred dollar bill off last year's map and spent it on myself along with the birthday check I got last year, instead of putting a new bill on the map. The only reference to money in the wealth corner was a photo of a nice minivan, which I've never really wanted, so I wasn't really invested in the idea. This January? No bonus. (Not because my husband's a slug, but because the business made a LOT of errors and barely broke even, so they didn't give anybody a bonus.)

Last week I got my birthday check from my Dad again. You can guess where it's going.

And one other thing that I picked up from a book called MoneyLove that I read several years ago. It says that every time you write a check or spend money on something, you can affirm for yourself:

Quote:
Every dollar I circulate enriches the economy and comes back to me multiplied.
For awhile, I had "E$ICETE&CBTMX" printed on my checks to help me remember.

I've got to place a new order for checks: maybe I'll put that on them again.

Thanks, everybody, for the thought-provoking posts.
#149 of 594 Old 03-21-2006, 12:07 AM

Lucimonster, I really appreciate your post about asking for money. I've been thinking about this a lot, too, and wondering how best to do it. I wonder if putting the $100 on the map worked especially well since it was a gift? Love the affirmation, too!

Last year I got together with a good friend to shop for magazines and make maps. It was really fun. He put a lot of money symbolism on his. He said he figured if he had money everything else would follow. This didn't seem right to me, but I wasn't going to argue about it. In the past year, he hasn't had much money and has gotten very depressed about it. He has used that as an excuse, repeatedly, not to get together with me, even though I cheerfully offered to drive, provide food, etc. He never mentioned the treasure map once he took it down (after a couple months) but I have often wondered if he somehow is upset with me about it. I think he got a hard lesson in how money wasn't really the key thing he wanted. I haven't heard from him at all for a couple months.

But I miss him and it has been like a cloud dampening the excitement I feel about doing the map this year. I am getting tons of food for thought from the posts about money, deserving, forgiveness, etc. Thanks everybody!
#150 of 594 Old 03-21-2006, 12:19 AM

I had the same problem, couldn't think of how to visually show that what we need most is money. But what I am thinking is to show what it really comes down to. Stability, safety, balance, sucesss, growth. Not that it is easier to show lol. But when it comes down to it, I don't really care about the dollars, just the end result, that the utilities are on, car is running, home to live in etc.

A few years ago, my mom did a big visualization excersize. She was unemployed and beyond broke. But instead of working at her needs met, she was specific about the exact dollar amount (it was huge, but she swore all needed),and she even picked out exactly how to spend every dime, down to how much to each family member. Never got a dime. Not even a job (well, eventually, but it took a LONG time). I really though then, and now, that the problem was focusing on the money. So I really try to focus on the result, more than the cash. Though some times it's hard, as I sit here having just repaired our van, and our car parked, who knows when I can get it fixed, just as it only has 5 payments left to be mine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page