Treasure Map 2006 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 594 Old 03-25-2006, 01:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am totally making one this year, I need to make one. When I found this thread I knew it was what I needed in my life right now.

I was wondering, I of course will be making my own map, but can DH and I make one together to represent what we want for our family unit?
#182 of 594 Old 03-25-2006, 01:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
but can DH and I make one together to represent what we want for our family unit?
no. but you can be in agreement about family unit on your own separate maps. kwim?

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#183 of 594 Old 03-25-2006, 01:33 AM

ok cool thats not a problem. Thanks
#184 of 594 Old 03-25-2006, 10:15 AM

Regarding decluttering...

I've been working on it, even before I saw this thread. I had planned to have a yard sale this weekend and had been looking forward to it. However, the entire family has strep throat, I've been miserably sick all week, and the weather is really lousy for a yard sale. So, I know have this pile of stuff sitting in the front room of my house. I'm hoping to have the yard sale next weekend instead (weather should be better, and we should be healthy), but that is a day or two after the Treasure Maps. Do I need to get this stuff out of my house before then? Or is it enough that it's ready to get out of my house? Am I just overthinking this? I'd really like to have the yard sale - I enjoy doing them, and it's nice to make a little bit of quick cash.

Thanks for all your input, Tracy. All the money stuff is very interesting, and has me doing a lot of thinking. Janebug's mantra is where I'd like to be, too.
#185 of 594 Old 03-25-2006, 12:23 PM

~
#186 of 594 Old 03-25-2006, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Do I need to get this stuff out of my house before then? Or is it enough that it's ready to get out of my house? Am I just overthinking this? I'd really like to have the yard sale - I enjoy doing them, and it's nice to make a little bit of quick cash.
you don't have to have it out of your house by new moon. The first year I did the treasure map I had my stuff for my yard sale piled in one corner of my house. There was something (for me) that enjoyed knowing that the whole house was 'lighter' (it just felt that way) and even though that one corner was kind of stuffed it still felt lighter because I knew it was in the TO-GO area. Can't explain it. By the way, in my case I didn't have the yard sale until Taurus new moon one month later. Thought it would be good then for quick sales. it was.

by the way: hope we're all feeling a bit better now that mercury is direct.
phew!

#187 of 594 Old 03-25-2006, 04:17 PM

I'm not feeling any better now that mercury is direct! I can't find my link, but I saw something today about a "shadow period" that is pretty intense until the 29th, but then continues on into mid-April.. I'll try & post it when I find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy
"All of our financial, emotional and spiritual needs are easily met."

"our house is abundantly safe."

"I expect our household finances to increase monumentally."

I'm wondering if these affirmations would be good for us, as well. We are on the verge of major change here. We've got a huge student loan collecting interest in deferment, and low-paying dead-end jobs. My dh is about to start his own lawn business and we're also working on selling natural home/lifestyle products. I'm working on some crafty stuff, hoping that it will be a way to make a little extra money & possible travel w/craft fairs, too. We're keeping our eyes open & hoping to try new things. Figuring this is the time, we're at less than zero so not much to lose.
We're trying to clear the clutter in our diets as well as our home. We're starting a candida cleanse on the 2nd.. we've been TTC for 19 mos. w/one loss, I'm sure that I need to do some cleansing.

uh-oh, computer on the fritz... better send this before I lose it!!
Blessings! Kelly
#188 of 594 Old 03-25-2006, 04:19 PM

here we go!! http://www.astroprofile.com/2006mercuryrx.htm
what do you think? is everyone feeling back to "normal" (whatever that may be )?
#189 of 594 Old 03-25-2006, 05:17 PM

for the perfectionists in the crowd: so last year i was all excited about my treasure map, but got very busy and didn't get to de-clutter. i ended up not even doing the treasure map. this year, i've done some, but probably won't get done what i want done. i'm going to do it anyway.

my suggestion is to not get stuck on de-cluttering. do the map even if you have not decluttered or decluttered to your satisfaction.

tracy, correct me if you disagree!
#190 of 594 Old 03-25-2006, 05:36 PM

I can't remember if it was mentioned, but I found out that a Total Solar Eclipse will be happening on the 29th, as well. Will this impact our Maps?

http://www.exploratorium.edu/eclipse/2006/index.html

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
#191 of 594 Old 03-25-2006, 09:44 PM

on the heals of what wolfmama said.... youc an never declutter/organize enough! especially when you are doing so for a family, and trying to keep up with the day to day cleaning.

i am always happy with whatever i managed to make my way through (like a drawer :LOL). i am hoping i can get through the tool closet before wednesday!
#192 of 594 Old 03-25-2006, 10:43 PM

I am soooooo in! I'd already had the de-cluttering bug recently and didn't know why it suddenly struck me. I knew I wasn't done, but had stopped to get some other things done.

My biggest problem is choosing. I love so many different things but never have much opportunity to dig deeply into anything. I mean, I don't think it will be a problem to open some magazines on March 29th and find things I want to develop, but how do I narrow down what's possible and what's not?
#193 of 594 Old 03-26-2006, 01:35 PM

I'm doing it this year too, and I told dh about it and he wants to do one also.

I was just dx with a health issue that want to work on healing. It's been around for awhile and I finally got it dx ( a positive for the Merc Retro this year ). I'm just not sure how to put it up on the treasure map.
#194 of 594 Old 03-26-2006, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcents
on the heals of what wolfmama said.... youc an never declutter/organize enough! especially when you are doing so for a family, and trying to keep up with the day to day cleaning.

i am always happy with whatever i managed to make my way through (like a drawer :LOL). i am hoping i can get through the tool closet before wednesday!
:
i am facing up to the fact that i cannot totally declutter this house because we share it with another couple and their ds and much of the clutter isn't mine! they are packrats who rarely clean, and seem oblivious to the mess and clutter. so i work on one area at a time, and when i have done something, (such as organizing the big shelf above the washer and dryer, which i did last week) it feels so good every time i see it/ use it.

getting our own place will be on my map. it may BE my map
#195 of 594 Old 03-27-2006, 09:23 AM

When is the 29th going to get here? The wait is killing me!!!!

Solo Mum to 4 and loving every minute of it!!!!
#196 of 594 Old 03-27-2006, 11:31 AM

Thanks, tracy,wow! those are good. and i have been doing them faithfully. i think it is helping but i still am crossing fingers i can get focused by the 29th. it's a really tough issue for me , i think, tied up in self-worth and other thigns too. i even looked up the definition of money and it said a lot of things but what i picked up on was "an expression of value". i think i have issues with not valuing what i do and i suspect that if i don't, the world won't either.....or provide me with expressions of value. OK, still working on it.

i need to focus on that big pipeline of abundance too. i really like louise hay and have had some real succes in healing warts and canker sores (just this weekend!!!) and occassionally localized pain and onetime had a big hit with my sister who suddenly developed a sore throat.

i need to get rid of my "poverty consciousness" or trade-off theories, you know....oh they have money, so they must not have blank or vice versa.

enough about me and my needs though. i kinda stole my mantra from a book I am reading lately Life Magic by Laura Bushnell, anybody read it? it's pretty exciting and in the back (b/c I have skipped around too much) there is an example affirmation that in the house of wealth and material possessions that said " I am debt-free and have $100,000 in the bank". for some reason i felt unsure about putting a number on it, seemed too big, too little..who knows. but after talking to one of my sisters this weekend, she convinced me that i need to be specific and she suggested $500,000. holy cow! but why not?! she also had a neat take on the "be careful what you wish for". she said, maybe that really means "be specific about what you wish for"

ok, love to everybody, are we ready??????

off to focus my sig line too!
#197 of 594 Old 03-27-2006, 11:37 AM

i'm in too...

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#198 of 594 Old 03-27-2006, 11:41 AM

one more thing and a question

my dh is psyched to do it too, Tracy, I told him all about it! but in his own independent way, he said he will probably write his instead of cutting out or drawing . but that's cool, i reckon. he is a writer after all and generally doesn't express himself visually. i have a sister who is going to do one too but she's in CA and we're in NC so it'll have to be kinda long distance. plus my FIL is visiting during this time and i'm not sure what he'd think so we might all be doing ours in the early morning or late at night when ds is sleeping and FIL is otherwise occupied! hope it is a good energy, especially for dh with his dad there, they don't have the *best* of relationships, ykwim?

Question: I read in the 2003 thread ( i think ) that it is better to do the map on the actual day of the new moon, is that so? so should i try to do it on wed instead of procrastinating till sat morning???! hmmm, maybe i just answered my own question.
#199 of 594 Old 03-27-2006, 03:31 PM

Damn, I can't write about any of the details here, but I REALLY have gotten thrown for a loop this weekend. Mr. M and I spent a good deal of time in the last week and especially this weekend, talking about him dreaming big and doing a treasure map, too, largely in relation to him getting a more satisfying work situation. He talked a lot about how hard it is for him to let go of the impulse to Rein Himself In, to hope for only the smallest things rather than allow himself to Dream Big, worrying that he'll be disappointed.

Maybe that fear is what caused a big drama between us, because jeezus, we had an ugly drama this weekend ... the first real ugly drama between us in the seven years we've been together, and it's shaken the both of us. And this was AFTER Mercury turned and was no longer retrograde! So I don't know what that means ... but I sure hope things feel better between us before Wednesday's New Moon!

Send good vibes if you got 'em, folks: I can surely use them.
#200 of 594 Old 03-27-2006, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucimomster
#201 of 594 Old 03-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Tracy, when do we need to be all wrapped up by?

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#202 of 594 Old 03-27-2006, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucimomster
we had an ugly drama this weekend ... the first real ugly drama between us in the seven years we've been together, and it's shaken the both of us. And this was AFTER Mercury turned and was no longer retrograde! So I don't know what that means ... but I sure hope things feel better between us before Wednesday's New Moon!

we had a really rough weekend, too. ours was not the first time, but it really shook me pretty majorly, too. i'm adding my good vibes for you two and asking the universe to send some our way, too.

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#203 of 594 Old 03-27-2006, 06:59 PM

good and healing vibes to both of you!
#204 of 594 Old 03-27-2006, 09:46 PM

oh my, there is soooo much information in this thread. I am so into the treasure map idea. I am jumping in a little late, we have a lot of decluttering to do before the 29th! Dh and I are both totally into doing this. Things last year were particularly rough, so we have been doing a lot of visualizing this year already. I can't wait to get this project started.

Thanks for all the great info and visualization ideas everyone!
#205 of 594 Old 03-28-2006, 12:14 AM

Thanks for the hugs and vibes, folks! It matters a great deal to me to have your support!

And now, something to ADD to this thread:

A snippet from this week's "Celestial Weather" report from Rich Humbert --
Visit the Celestial Weather Web Site at http://www.celestialweather.com
Copyright 2006 Rich Humbert

Quote:
Celestial Weather
26 March 2006 - 1 April 2006

Week of March 26th, 2006

Week as a Whole:

Every year in the spring there is a New Moon in Aries. This event combines the renewal of spring with the fresh start that comes with a New Moon. So this week's Aries New Moon is doubly new, a beginners beginning. The Y-shaped Aries symbol is traditionally visualized as the head of a ram, but
it can also be seen as a sprout breaking through the ground into the Sun. This idea of breaking through, creating a new opening and new life is very much what Aries is about. It is the primary fire source, the spark of new life and new light because fire symbolizes both. But this Aries New Moon is an eclipse, and comes two hours after Pluto stands still to begin four months of retrograde.

On Wednesday, the Moon aligns with the Sun in the 9th degree of Aries at 5:15am EST. http://www.celestialweather.com/images/032606.pdf As seen from Washington, D.C. Pluto is directly overhead and Mars, lord of Aries, is opposite at the base of the chart. If you've been following the planets, you may remember that when Mars and Pluto combine we have an excess of their creative/destructive energy that comes with endings and beginnings. The eclipse configuration adds another level of intensity. In this chart there are two other pairs of planets: Venus and Neptune on the left followed by Mercury and Uranus. Whenever two planets come together into alignment as a pair, it marks an ending and beginning of a cycle. Since Mercury and Venus describe our inner life and Uranus and Neptune describe the world-expanding forces, we can expect to realize we're looking at the world in a very new way. Our mental point of view has shifted almost like a part of us woke up and is seeing life in a new light. Uranus and Neptune are linked, and have been for some time, by residing in each other's home signs. The rapid climate changes and the growing knowledge that events are slipping out of control, that the future somehow is magnetically drawing the present toward it, all are expressions of this combined energy.

The 9th degree of Aries bears the symbol of a crystal gazer. This is knowledge coming from intuition that sees the world differently, that sees the future. Keep in mind that the crystal gazer must tune in to her vision, that an effort is required to bring it into focus and interpret it. The mind needs to penetrate to the center of the crystal to arrive at understanding.

This all represents a unique opportunity for us to take a fresh look at our lives and where they are leading us. It is a time to focus beneath the surface of events and media noise, and grasp the essence of what's going on. We can use this vision to break with the past, use Pluto and Aries, and set out in a new direction. Or perhaps continue forward with with a new concept of our journey. There is no earth in this chart; there's an abundance of fire mixed with equal parts of air and water. So all this manifests as sparks in our minds, cogent ideas that can bring a freshness to life.

New Moons are inner events in contrast with Full Moons which are outer expressions. While the Mars-Pluto combination may bring more violence into our already violent world, we can look for a personal change in attitude that will have greater and greater impact over the next two weeks.

The intensity of the Aries Eclipse can easily be felt as impatience with the status quo and an impulse to action for is own sake. Sometimes, simple physical activities can release this tension in a healthy channel. Those of us who feel trapped in situations may find the key to change with this New Moon. Change comes when we can conceive of change. Many of us will lift our heads up this week and see new future ahead.
#206 of 594 Old 03-28-2006, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
AFTER Mercury turned and was no longer retrograde! So I don't know what that means ... but I sure hope things feel better between us before Wednesday's New Moon!
yep, I know what you mean. Nothing between DH and myself, but more about a job I said yes to before the retrograde that I'm pretty sure is now going to end..... just not a good fit. iykwm.

anyway, the shadow of the retrograde continues until april 13. it doesn't mean it is like the retrograde...but the unwinding takes until then and there usually is a little debris field.

#207 of 594 Old 03-28-2006, 09:24 AM

Tracy,

Tyanks so much ...again
I was just looking at my map yesterday.

I have manifsted much of what is on the board.

I am learning that I am especially good at manifesting, and that this is a lower chakra thing.

I am underdeveloped in the higher chakras.

Guess this will be on the board.

Cheers
colleen
#208 of 594 Old 03-28-2006, 10:25 AM

only one more day til the treasure map!

lucimomster thanks for the info.

intenfullady I was taught that manifesting had a lot to do with your heart chakra, which is a great one to have developed

Tracy (and everyone else having a tough time) I hope things lighten up for you soon!

janebug I haven't heard of Laura Bushnell, but her book sounds like something i would like. i'll check her out
#209 of 594 Old 03-28-2006, 11:29 PM

If anybody's up at 5:55am EST tomorrow and wants to watch the eclipse:
http://www.nasa.gov/eclipse
#210 of 594 Old 03-29-2006, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

okay...everyone... in just a handful of hours...the old year will be over!!!

and not that anyone cares.. I unloaded the job. Just couldn't take it into new moon!

yeah... I feel so liberated.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page