: :

There's nothing you can know that isn't known. ~ John Lennon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2006, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have not started mine yet and Im nervous about it..

I am fearful that I am choosing selfish things. and I dont want the feeling cause its bringing me down to a negative level.

How do I get past this so I may start?....anyone ??
Old 03-29-2006, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
well, i think i'm in. this is pretty new territory for me, but i thought i'd throw caution to the win and give it a shot. wasn't sure i would get a chance to get any stuff today since it's been pretty busy and little dd hasn't napped yet and i was sure she'd fall asleep on our way home from our playdate, but she didn't and i suddenly remembered that i had to pick up a prescription and there were magazines at the drug store so i grabbed several quickly. everything just seemed to fall into place... we're going to vist MIL at her mt house tomorrow so i think i'll take my supplies up there. not sure if i want to do a big poster or not, but i do have some poster board that i bought this week for dd1's school and some new glue sticks, too. not sure if a big poster is going to feel right, but we'll see. i think it'll be fun to make a collage with the dds anyway. thanks for the inspiration.

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
Old 03-29-2006, 09:21 PM

I'm excited- I have a couple friends coming over tonight and we're going to make our maps. I feel a good energy today- like clearing out of old things, ready for new.

Mama to James 4-05 and Leland 7-07, and feeling so privileged to be growing kiddo #3 due in September!
Old 03-29-2006, 09:38 PM

I am reading all the replies and see that all of you mamas are doing a good ol' hand-made collage.

I started doing images on my computer with a thought of printing it out when done. Now I am questioning myself - can I do that?
Old 03-29-2006, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frowningfrog

I am fearful that I am choosing selfish things. and I dont want the feeling cause its bringing me down to a negative level.

Back up a few pages in this thread and read the stuff that Tracy and I posted about "deserving," and that should settle your mind about dreaming big things for yourself.

This is a self-loving event, frowningfrog!
Old 03-29-2006, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
yep, frowningfrog... I agree with lucimonster. Get over the lack....and kick up the deserve. I don't care if you only put a photo of a gold rolex ..is that shallow enough.. ... put up stuff that is good and big and makes your heart sing.
and if you choose small and fear... then stop yourself.. and say, "where is my lack and fear hurting me now? do I want more of that?"

the answer should be NO.

do the inner work and then reach out for a star or two.

goodcents, I pm'd you back.

Irinam:
I would strongly urge you to add stuff by hand not computer to your map. Get dirty and do not go for perfection...get a bit sloppy. Creativity is born out of a mess usually.

Mom4tot:
I'm on the fence on this one.... because there is a part of me and I don't know where this is coming from but I'm wondering if your sister would benefit by seeing your map? or hearing about it. Yikes.. I don't usually encourage anyone to see people who are downers on these 3 days...but I dunno... work on your map... invite her over, let her see it..and who knows maybe she'll crank out one on friday or saturday and her life will improve...and be less needy of you (not that you said that).

havsulen:
make it grand make it big, make is luxurious...reach, reach, reach...

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 03-29-2006, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Note to everyone..now is not the time to be self limiting. you have all 'effin' year to be small. Please don't do it now on treasure map new! i understand it. And frankly, I gotta say I think the eclipse is a bit harder .....but seriously, move past it. if you are really down.. call an uplifting person, someone you respect, tell them what you are working on and aske them what should you do....they will help you get BIG!!

Old 03-30-2006, 12:04 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
oh dear after ur last post you might not like my question big city mama. but here is goes anyways.

so i have just started on my spiritual journey. i know what my goals are and what i want along the way. but i dont wnat them earlier than i am ready for them. so should i put those things in the treasure map - things that i want but not immediately. you know i could be ready next week or a month or 5 years. i just dont want to wait for next years map to ask.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
Old 03-30-2006, 12:10 AM

Well I'm feeling better, I went to the store and bought some magazines and when I came back dh had written me a nice note about our conflict and it's all working out. We sat down and cut out a bunch of pics and phrases. Not done yet either, will get supplies tomarrow to paste them up and finish picking things out.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:17 AM

i was magazine shopping. i heard a mag fall on the ground behind me. i thought it was a stock person working. then i heard 2 more fall down. i turned around and there were 3 copies of Sage Woman on the ground. i bought one.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
so i have just started on my spiritual journey. i know what my goals are and what i want along the way. but i dont wnat them earlier than i am ready for them. so should i put those things in the treasure map - things that i want but not immediately. you know i could be ready next week or a month or 5 years. i just dont want to wait for next years map to ask.
my experience of treasure mapping is nothing comes earlier than you can handle them. If anything there might be a delay but there usually is another piece that has to get worked out first...if you feel it, put it up.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmama
i was magazine shopping. i heard a mag fall on the ground behind me. i thought it was a stock person working. then i heard 2 more fall down. i turned around and there were 3 copies of Sage Woman on the ground. i bought one.

I went magazine shopping and only found one I liked, and one that was sort of okay. Weird ... usually I looooove magazines and all the glossy photos, and usually want to buy them by the armsful. I think my treasure map doesn't want to have magazine pics this year.

I need to go work on it now to see what's developing.

BTW, I thought the eclipse was giving me more oomph this year. Maybe that's because I'm Cancer -- I'm feeling all that cockiness of being able to blot the sun from the sky.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:28 AM

I got some magazines, tried to go with what caught my eye, in between dealing with a tired toddler..... I'm not happy with the mags, or with what I cut out so far. The whole thing is feeling like a chore, not exciting..... I don't get it. I guess whatever this map needs to be, it will come to me... maybe after I get some sleep...
Old 03-30-2006, 02:32 AM

hmmm...I'm going through the same thing today. I went to buy magazines tonight and found one that was okay but walked out with nothing. . Nothing was speaking to me, and usually I am all over the mags. Maybe tomorrow there will be more clarity.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:54 AM

I made a list of headlines. Still brainstorming. (A kid not feeling well derailed my magazine trip but I don't mind, I really sat down and focused while studying this thread.)

I want to put some big wishes for other people too. Like healing for the birthing culture that is sooooooooooo messed up.

Love the BIG letters Tracy!!! Thanks for the reminder to Think Big!!! (Now I'm thinking about Sex in the City and Mr. Big LOL)

Last night I had a dream including a rabbi who was lounging happily on the ground,

and shopping for a house and meeting the owner, a guy who was a backyard puppy breeder with puppy poop on the floors (although the pups were so darn cute!) and leaky ceiling/windows.

Then in the dream a scary homeless guy was lurking in my computer room behind boxes of junk and I was scared that he had been there spying on me. Had he been listening to me with dh in the next room? Privacy concerns. Wonder what he represents. (Or maybe I have spyware? )

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
Old 03-30-2006, 09:57 AM

starting mapping last night with my freind and my sister. mostly just cut things out. i still have something i could not find so today i'll good look for more mag or search the internet for images.

so far mostly cut out words not too many images ...tracey is that ok?

Amy
Old 03-30-2006, 10:17 AM

I bought mags yesterday...getting what called to me and I got a few. I was cutting things up last night and I found that there are not many material things that I want this year. The things that I want are mainly to do with my spirit and wellbeing. This has been a much better year for me, the process is so much smoother and things are "calling" to me more. TOday I am going to get the supplies to put it together.

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
Old 03-30-2006, 11:57 AM

About last year, and how I said I didn't see much progress...

I looked closely at last year's map and there was more progress than I thought. I am ready to release more and more negativity like this, not even seeing the good when it does happen.

What did not happen, and I'm going to write it here as well to focus my intention and get support from my wonderful Web Friends here at MDC,

is a move to the house we need to make.

Large font inspired by Wonderful Tracy. It feels greedy and attention seeking to type so large. I'm going to work on that!

I now release my past resistance to good and my past belief that I only deserve a small, cramped house in poor condition.

I release the need to believe I don't deserve a better house.

I release the past and now accept a smooth transition to the house of our dreams, in the perfect location at the perfect price with wonderful neighbors.

I release the past and now accept easily done repairs in order to sell this house. I now accept a great offer on and purchase of our house that we are leaving, an easy time selling and moving, and perfect timing for everything.

I now accept the abundance to easily afford the move and any necessary repairs, updates and household goods needed. I now accept an ideal mortgage and loan situation.

I release my fear and move into abundance and happiness.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
Old 03-30-2006, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frowningfrog

A helpful technique from Louise Hay that helps me: (from You Can Heal Your Life)

Write down all your fears.

Then write down that you release all these fears.

Then write down their opposite. "I am more and more generous. I give generously as I prosper."

Old 03-30-2006, 12:12 PM

I want to put images of babies and breastfeeding moms on my map because we are TTC this year, but since we aren't officially starting until July, having a baby born before next new Aries moon would mean premie. Should I just put up images of pregnancy and no babies this year?
Old 03-30-2006, 12:44 PM

Interesting that so many of us are feeling resistance even now that the New Moon has passed, especially after anticipating this New Moon with such enthusiasm for so long....

One of my friends (who I think is doing a Treasure Map this year but isn't part of this community) posted this on her blog this morning:

Fear not the strangeness you feel.
The future must enter you
long before it happens.
Just wait for the birth,
for the hour of new clarity.
- Rainer Maria Rilke

I thought it was perfect for today, for me, and maybe for some of you, too. And I'm going along with the size=emphasis thing, too!

...going to cross-post to the other thread now...
Old 03-30-2006, 12:50 PM

love the Rilke quote!

<sigh> I so want to do this but I am really bogged down with a paper I have to finish for grad. school. Unfortunately, it make me feel like I only have a teeny bit of time and energy to give to my map.

About magizens: I don't feel drawn to going out and buying special ones. I will use the ones I have and do the rest with words and drawing (I hope!).

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
Old 03-30-2006, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I want to put images of babies and breastfeeding moms on my map because we are TTC this year, but since we aren't officially starting until July, having a baby born before next new Aries moon would mean premie. Should I just put up images of pregnancy and no babies this year?
Put up the babies and bf moms. Don't worry....ime the whole visual is needed and don't worry it won't be a premie.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irinam
I am reading all the replies and see that all of you mamas are doing a good ol' hand-made collage.

I started doing images on my computer with a thought of printing it out when done. Now I am questioning myself - can I do that?
I don't see anything wrong with that. But then again I am a graphic designer and I feel comfortable with the computer. I did mine the "good ol' hand-made collage" sort of way with pictures printed off the computer. I was doing mine with friends and didn't want to have my nose buried in the computer while they were at the table with scissors and glue. No fun in that. Now had I done mine alone it would have been done entirely on the computer with the final product printed out.

I am planning on scanning the one I did and shrinking it down so I can fit it on my desk and see it every day. I will also put it in my journal and on my altar. Just to cover all the bases.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:49 PM

I really love mine. I had 3 areas I wanted to focus on, and I was a bit nervous about finding the right pictures for one area, but it worked out really great. Then I wasn't sure how I was going to fill in the other bits of the feng shui areas that weren't the focus of what I wanted, but they filled in so easily! Too weird!! I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I think I got over my nervousness because my friend's 13 yr old daughter and her friend were doing it too, and they were so fun and giggly.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:52 PM

So I sat down with some friends yesterday and did my map. I finished it. At least I thought I had. Then this morning I changed something on it. I guess that is okay. My friends and I discussed a business venture last night and I decided to change one of the areas on my map to reflect that and my map seems more complete because of it. So my question is...Should I expect more changes to come up between now and Saturday? How do you know when your map is done? I can say that the area I changed was the only area I was unhappy with yesterday so am I done? I guess I'm the only one that will know but i would love some more experienced input.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Should I expect more changes to come up between now and Saturday? How do you know when your map is done? I can say that the area I changed was the only area I was unhappy with yesterday so am I done? I guess I'm the only one that will know but i would love some more experienced input.
I have tweaked mine for the entire 3 days of new.... it has usually been a work in progress for me... so I think tweaking is fine. Of course I have other friends, who finish it the first day and are done. the end. both are okay in my opinion.

Old 03-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Banned

I just purchased my materials and am going to paint this afternoon.

I live in the northeast, and we're having beautiful weather. My oldest and youngest expressed interest, to we may paint together.

Tracy, how extravagant can I be? Seriously, and how much watching what you wish for?

I want to at least visit Vancouver/Whistler (In my dream life, I'm *living* there and going to the UBC as a student of midwifery, with a dream house with a view of the mountains and beautiful flowering trees in the foreground. If not literal, these images are at least metaphores of abundance and beauty.

I want to be officially pre-med, I want a 3.8 GPA, I want to adequately understand Chemistry, and I want my family to stay close and make happy memories this year (I have a child who is going into his senior year, and I want to enjoy the time we have with him.)

Debra Baker
Old 03-30-2006, 03:26 PM

this is so fun! i started taking pages of images i liked out of magazines last night after getting home from work and am having girlfriends over in a couple days to finish our treasure maps.

thanks mamas for all the wonderful insight. this is making me feel so excited about the upcoming year!

User Tag List