Christians? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 140 Old 03-06-2003, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey i'm a jerry falwell Christian too! Does that mean we can't watch the teletubbies anymore?
lol
I'm pretty new to posting here. I am a Christian who doesn't attend church on a regular basis, I was put on bedrest the last time I attended church, then had a sick ds, then had a dh working sundays, etc. I do read my Bible regularly though. I am a member of a southern baptist church and since I have several issues with the southern baptist association i'm not eager to return to a southern baptist setting. I want to get into a church, but the big churches in town are all eliteist type settings where if you arent old money you are crap, another reason I dont go. My mil is a pentacostal who has totally turned my dh against religion. He wants to go to church for the socializing. He doesnt believe in God, but took issue with me calling him an atheist. He's not one of those against prayer & christianity types. I think he's only that way b/c of his wierdo mother.
I feel we need to get the kids into church more regulary b/c my 4 yo ds was watching the Simpsons, it was the episode where Homer eats the hot pepper at the chili cookoff and "trips out", a fox comes out of the sky and talks to homer and ds asks if that was God. Oh MY!
Anyways thats my story.
Jenn
#122 of 140 Old 03-07-2003, 12:35 AM

Hi Jenn, and welcome

Good luck to you in your search.

Dh and I are currently trying to find a new church, and it is tough. It's always hard to go someplace new, but there's got to be someplace out there that we'll like. At least that's what I'm telling myself to get out of our current church.

Hi Debra.

Is your son currently active? My dad would re-enlist in a heartbeat, if he wasn't too old. He's definitely always with them in spirit.
#123 of 140 Old 03-07-2003, 12:41 AM

Oh, Jenn, I just remembered, re: Teletubbies.

Did they ever figure out if the talking red one was actually saying 'Satan rules' or something like that?

That whole bruhaha just made me :LOL
#124 of 140 Old 03-07-2003, 11:12 AM
Banned

Alison,

It's a daughter.

Yes, she's active and stationed at LeJeune.

She's in school (for computers) but could be called "over there" anytime.

DB
#125 of 140 Old 03-07-2003, 08:37 PM

Oh Debra,

After I posted last night, I thought to myself, I should have asked son or daughter. I'm so sorry I assumed.

I am a doofus. Oh, the shame.

Please forgive my faux pass.

And I'm praying every day that no one else has to be shipped out anywhere.

#126 of 140 Old 03-08-2003, 05:53 PM

I am praying also!
These are troubled times, and I remind myself daily that God is in control and He can see the big picture, where we can not.

I pray that the Peace of the Lord that passes all understanding will surround us all.

Shalom,
-b
#127 of 140 Old 03-08-2003, 09:31 PM

Thank you for your wise words and thoughts, barbara and Nursing Mother.

They are beautiful, and very comforting.
#128 of 140 Old 03-14-2003, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
just wanted to say hello and check in on this thread! I will come back later and read to catch up, just saw you!
#129 of 140 Old 08-05-2003, 06:15 PM

Hi there! I am also a proud Christian mama! We are between churces as we search to find the right "fit", but I would call myself charismatic for the most part, but not 100% either....I suppose if I had to label myself I'd say a Bapiticostal..LOL
#130 of 140 Old 08-05-2003, 06:18 PM

Hi there! Nice to meet you!
I've actually heard someone described themselves as a "bapticostal' before, how funny!
Always nice to hear from other Christian mamas!
#131 of 140 Old 08-05-2003, 08:50 PM

Wow! I had no idea there were so many Biblical Christians on here! Praise God!

I'm Anne, and DH is Phil, and we have one DC.. a lovely 15-month-old girl named Katie. DH and I are both 28 and we met while working as counselors at a Christian summer camp. We're currently attending a Foursquare church, but I was baptised in an amazing Baptist church, and came to the Lord there. DH came to the Lord through the ministry of Young Life. It's great to meet you all!

Anne wife to Phil & mama to Katie
Velvet Blue ::: Seattle Baby/Child/Family Portraits
#132 of 140 Old 08-06-2003, 03:57 AM

Hello, Tracy (mamaof2), and Anne.

Nice to meet you both.

#133 of 140 Old 08-06-2003, 09:32 PM

I'm here too!

We attend the Vineyard Fellowship here in Chattanooga!
#134 of 140 Old 08-07-2003, 02:00 AM

Hello ladies, nice to meet you and it is nice to see this thread brought back to life. How is everyone doing?
#135 of 140 Old 08-07-2003, 10:04 PM

Hi everyone!! Sorry I keep disappearing from this thread..

Not all those who wander are lost 
#136 of 140 Old 08-11-2003, 10:17 PM

I am here too

Gald to see you all

I was starting to wonder too.

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#137 of 140 Old 08-14-2003, 02:30 AM

Welcome, Aimee21972! elcome

So, is there anything you ladies would like to talk about here in the spirituality forum? Like how does your church respond to AP? Mine is ok but most of the moms aren't too AP, so I'm kind fo the odd one out IYKWIM.
#138 of 140 Old 08-14-2003, 02:50 AM

Our church is an odd mix of AP: Moms who seem annoyed by their children's presence but nurse at age two... Moms who homebirth and also spank...

For the most part, I am the big weirdo, but I am not looked down on. I think I freak them out a little bit! They are all very accepting of me anyway.

We are actually looking for a new church because our current one is hoping to start a daycare to solve it's financial problems. My DH pointed out to the pastor the places in the Bible where this is not right, but to no avail. Our pastor actually said the words, 'there is more to life than cooking and cleaning.':Puke
#139 of 140 Old 08-14-2003, 01:53 PM

Any Disciples Members here from Des Monies?

dh-2b and I will be relocated there for his job in Feb. And will need a new church. I am open to different thing; he'd like to stay D and I have to admit it is a great denmonation (not all hyper up about Gays, or anything). But we want a church big enough to have like home groups and bible studies besides sunday school and a great youth program from nusery 9which I hope not to use too much) on to HS.

ANY chuch suggestion in Des Monies would be greatly appercipated.

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#140 of 140 Old 06-18-2013, 02:21 PM

Hi everyone,

I have not  had the time to read the entire thread. I was wondering where I could find Christians and was glad to find this thread. I understand that people have lots of views about Christianity and there are different ideologies out there. 'Religion' saddled with various human doctrines have not helped either. Yet that does not mean we should 'throw the baby with the bath water'. I believe that Christianity is all about Christ. Believing in his Lordship, his death and resurrection and accepting the sacrifice that he made thereby granting us eternal life.

I also believe in the Trinity and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I know that many people have said various things and believed they are led by the Spirit, yet there is one sure guidance we have which is the Bible. The challenge of people interpreting the Bible in whatever way they want is also there. Different denominations also seem to have their own Bibles, especially that of the Catholics (that is what I know, there are probably many other ones that have certain books included in theirs as well).

Yet, the Bible is still the authority we have and whatever anyone says is of the spirit and it is contrary to the Bible is clearly not of the Holy Spirit or of God.

Okay, just clarifying my beliefs. It would be nice to relate with people on this thread.

Married to a great man and friend

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page