Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Spirituality (http://www.mothering.com/forum/13-spirituality/)
-   -   Christians? (http://www.mothering.com/forum/13-spirituality/42834-christians.html)

muutherof2 02-18-2003 06:42 AM

Are there any Christians here???

barbara 02-18-2003 09:27 AM

Yeah we're here, our threads just got buried.

Welcome!

-b

DebraBaker 02-18-2003 11:03 AM

hey

db

Avonlea 02-18-2003 02:45 PM

Yes, we are here..believe it or not,ha ha...

muutherof2 02-18-2003 03:03 PM

I fear I’m too new to this all!! All these Dh, and such… I’m too new at this computer lingo

Thanks for the welcome though!!

Lucky Charm 02-18-2003 03:44 PM

Faith 02-18-2003 05:52 PM

me, too!

blessed2bamommie 02-18-2003 07:02 PM

there *are* Christian natural parents? For some reason there's so much New Age in "natural," which God created in *His* perfect design! I was a little wary of going to spirituality; but, I'm glad to know we represent! *waving hand*

muutherof2 02-18-2003 08:50 PM

wanabmomie, I'm a little confused- your a christian, but a new age chrstian? : or am I totally off on that too?

Good to meet you regardless!

blessed2bamommie 02-18-2003 09:05 PM

*note from moderator--post temporarily deleted until OP can edit.

muutherof2 02-18-2003 09:23 PM

Good to hear about your pregancy! you must be so excited!! how far along are you?
You plan to have a home birth? I'm assuming this is your first child (by your post name). new and exciting stuff coming your way.

I'm SO GLAD to hear your a christian!!!! and not a borderline christian! so many take Christ and pull and pick apart what He is, and what being a christian means. putting their idea of what is good.

Anyway a little off the subject, what is Crunch?? or being a crunch?? ((so confused!!)) ha.:

queenbee 02-18-2003 10:44 PM

WannaB
YES there are Christian natural mommas! But be careful because there are many who call themselves Christians but they have more pagan beliefs than the Truth in their behavior. Of course that's their business, but if you are a real Christian, you will of course want Jesus Christ at the center of all you do, and God's Word as the foundation of your understanding of what is true. Please be careful and glean.

The Lord is in charge of the best natural stuff available...He DESIGNED it. He will lead you even if you don't find anyone else who could support you...He led me when no one was even breast feeding at all...I just knew that was the ONLY way for me to go. Now you can get all sorts of support, just remember to let Him lead you!

BTW, good for you food tastes better the more you eat it.

Youre not a really a wannaB, youre a for real, God bless you!
queenbee

blessed2bamommie 02-18-2003 10:47 PM

we are *so* excited! especially since the enemy would have me believe I was infertile and taunted me about it, and then my *Daddy* came to my rescue and told me as I was making getting a fertility referral at the end of my yearly physical, and told me that *I* was pregnant!!! I was booted out of my family practice that I've been going to since I was a teen, and now I have to find a midwife. Breathe at the NC board is gonna give me some refs, so I can find out all this stuff! I'd like a home birth, but, I want water and don't have a large tub! This is our first, we found out on Valentines!

I'm a Chnstian, and I've been serving as a Worship Leader for three years now. We are a very strongly lead church. The Bible talks of being hot or cold and not being lukewarm. In these last days, you can't afford to! You have to *know* and stand on what you believe! So many folks don't read the *Blble*! I still can't believe I am talking about this in a Mothering forum and I'm not getting flamed! I just expected to come here for *physical* (I figured we didn't agree on enough for the other stuff), care advice for my baby!

Oh...and crunchy....well, since I came back to being natural, I've heard in response to being a granola. You heard that term? That's us! BF, CD, natural birth.....out of the mainstream!

Bladestar5 02-18-2003 10:51 PM

I am a Christian!! Jesus Rules, and saves, too!!

blessed2bamommie 02-18-2003 10:53 PM

thanks, Queenbee! My spirit is lifted to be in the midst of family! I feel *so* much better that I found yall! Now.....are any of yall in Raleigh, or Eastern NC?

Bladestar5 02-18-2003 11:01 PM

I lived in Fayettville for a few months when I was a child. I live in VT now.

queenbee 02-19-2003 12:59 AM

Wanna
This is an unusual place for Christians to meet, I agree, PRAY A LOT. If there's a flame, let it be the ALL CONSUMING FIRE! He puts up a FIREWALL. HA!
I only stopped in to see what's here, and since you are, I'll stay and visit...and see what He's up to.

I do not know all these terms. What is crunchy??
And what is AP??

Congrats on your November babe! Did I count right?

Bless you bunches and keep on singing.

blessed2bamommie 02-19-2003 01:23 AM

NM....that's that the Bible says though, you're not old -fashioned, its just folks don't read the Bible! I am the Way the Truth and the Life, noone comes to the Father, but by Me! The Word also says not to add or subtract from it! We are *so* excited; but, would yall pray? I need to get to a midwife, I'm really concerned about the spotting, although my friend said don't worry and the cramping. I just want to hear my midwife say it! I just have to stand on the Word that my minister gave me, from Prov. that the blessings of the Lord are rich and He will add no sorrow to it.

Jesus Freak, from the Jesus Movement? Cool!

I really *love* Hillsong Music Australia! I do a lot of their stuff! Contemporary! I was listening to Christian History and they were saying that the style, the Praise and Worship Genre has its roots in the Jesus Movement!

Catch u later! I better call it a night! Great to meet yall!!!!!

barbara 02-19-2003 12:36 PM

Welcome queenbee and wannabmommie.

I agree that the Praise and Worship Genre has its roots in the Jesus Movement of the 70's. We were all just a bunch of peace loving Jesus freaks back then, and the traditional religious types were pretty suspicious of us all! I can't say that much has changed in most Christian circles, unfortunately. We are a family of worshipers (worship leaders) and find a lot of resistance to change within the Church. Too often, tradition and percieved beliefs seem to hold more weight than what the Word actually says.

NM, I love your strong moral stand on these boards. Keep fighting the good fight!

-b

queenbee 02-19-2003 01:27 PM

Hello Muuther

I like your two "uu"'s !
Thanks for starting this thread. When I first got here, I didn't think to thank. Sorry.
Yes, the Lord seems to be calling us into many new places.

Thanks for the welcome Barbara.
Nursing Mother, I love it....yes, sing and pray!

WannaB, I LOVE HILLSONGS TOO!!! I love to worship.
Best thing I know is to worship HIM.

Bladestar, I'll bet it's cold over there.

later ladies
Bee

queenbee 02-19-2003 01:32 PM

Nursing Mother
OK, what's APing?
I cannot figure this one out at all.

barbara 02-19-2003 02:13 PM

Queenbee, AP is Attachment Parenting. It was first coined by Dr. Sears in the 80's. It is pretty foundational to the "Mothering" philosophy.

-b

muutherof2 02-19-2003 02:27 PM

What exactly IS the "Mothering" philosophy?

muutherof2 02-19-2003 02:32 PM

Queenbee, your welcome! But I might not be on to write here consistently because of a busy schedule! That I apologize right from the start

muutherof2 02-19-2003 02:35 PM

Ooh! and welcome sweetbaby3 and PerfectLove
(along with anyone else I may have missed!!)
Good to see you here.

Avonlea 02-19-2003 02:42 PM

You guys are the only AP Christian Moms I know of. It is sad that I can only contact you via the internet..but at least I know you are here somewhere.

Right now I ma having a faith crisis of sorts.I cannot find A church I fit into..I have not cracked my Bible open in so long ...I have no clue how I got here or how to get out of this funk I am in.

I have tried three churches in the last year...nol uck. I even joined one..but mainly did so out of a sense of family duty.Now I never even attend.

The other church used ezzo materials and I felt a strong sense of Cliques going on.The third church..I just don't feel like I belong, you know? I also do not care for the Pastor.

So now, here I am,surrounded by dozens of churches and totally clueless where to even begin. I want my son to grow up and have friends with other kids who are being raised christian..and I want Christian friends myself..

I really hate the fact that I am "church shopping". I feel really bad going into the places and wacthing and waiting and searching for the "just right one" for our family.

My husband does not believe in anything..so he could care less where we go.

I also have decided I am really out of the Loop. I hear a lot of talk amongst Christians using words I NEVER heard of in my old Presbyterian church growing up. I sometimes feeli like there is this whole"other " chrisitianity that I just don't understand....

I also had a LOT of bad experiances in Florida with those "speaking in toungues/pentecostal/etc type churches. They SCARED me and made me drop my religion like a hot potato for amny years. I was completely NOT interested in that form of worship..and thinking about it still makes me scared and want to hide under something until it all goes away.

I do prefer a more quiet sort of service...anything else and I begin to get very frightened and want to just leave as soon as possible.

I don't know what I am going to do! But I am glad to know there are women here who believe in Gd and who I can talk to about these things!!!!

MarsupialMama 02-19-2003 02:43 PM

The "mothering philosophy" is that of mothering magazine.
Is that what you were reffering to, barbara?

muutherof2 02-19-2003 03:00 PM

Avonlea : Not going to a church? You can still crack that bible open!! It’s a living thing, you don’t want to go with out it. And welcome Avonlea. Your husband doesn’t believe in anything? I pray for the both of you then that must be difficult.

By the way, what does AP mean?

Welcome MarsupialMama, I stumbled upon this message board. I’m clueless still to what the Magazine is about. But thank you.

MarsupialMama 02-19-2003 03:21 PM

muutherof2 - I have to say that I'm surprised that you haven't heard of AP. I thought it was a pretty well known term, but maybe not where you live. In fact I heard the term used on a news program just the other day! (I was pretty excited about that!)

AP is Attachment Parenting, as barbara said. Dr. Sears wrote a book on it. It's being attached to your children, such as nursing, baby wearing (slings, etc.,) co-sleeping, and generally keep them with you at all times.

You really should check out the web site here at mothering, I think they can explain it better than I. I think you'll be able to see where we are coming from.

After checking mothering magazine out, you should check out Dr. Sear's web site, he is coming at in from a Christian perspective.

queenbee 02-19-2003 03:31 PM

Avonlea

I still don't understand APing...Barbara (thanks!) said it is Attachment Parenting, but I have to admit, I don't know what that is either! So, I'm probably not an AP mom anyway...someone enlighten me please!

But Avonlea...you sound like you are looking for your Christian spirituality in a place rather than a Person. Maybe our Lord Jesus is setting you apart for some quality time with Himself. Get that Bible out, sit and be alone with Him, but whatever you do, realize that it's not an activity that gets you closer to Him, (not even getting into the Bible...His Word just keeps us on His track) it's He who draws us closer and we who allow it. No one comes to Jesus unless the Father calls him, and no one reaches the Father except through Jesus. Stay where you are and get comfortable with Him where He has you and then you will be strong enough to get together with others who really do know Him too.

I personally like a lively service when I get together with others. But that quiet time is essential. Enjoy it. Having babies taught me to enjoy the quiet within the commotion! That's a real gift to have learned.

God is good, trust Him and I will surely be in prayer for you and your faith and peace.

Bee