The Secret---- anyone seen it? - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 2914 Old 10-18-2006, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
So, my question is, is it worth it to buy the new version with more of Lisa Nichols?
I viewed the new version yesterday, and much of the old version today. The overall message is the same, but there are definitely some different 'moments' with these two speakers. I think both Esther and Lisa had some valuable messages for me, and I'm happy to have seen both speak. Maybe someone could swap the other version with you? Mine isn't here yet, but if you still haven't found a copy by the time it comes, I'd be happy to do a temporary swap so we could each get a good viewing of the other version.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 2914 Old 10-19-2006, 09:24 AM

That is good news that there is more of Lisa in the new edition. She is so loveable, I loved what she had to say in the previous version and can't wait to see more!

That letter from Esther is really nice too.

Good vibes all around!

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#423 of 2914 Old 10-27-2006, 02:08 PM

Wow, a month ot so ago I decieded to quit coming to messageboards, they take up so much time and drain my energy. I seem to gravitate towards posts filled with bad things happening to nice people. :

Anyway, some days ago I accidently opened up a link to MDC in my bookmarks and it pulled up the personal growth forum. A new post entitled The Secret caught my eye and I followed a link within that thread to this thread for reasons unknown to me. I NEVER read threads like these.

Well, I ended up downloading The Secret and it really blew my mind. See, I have been fascinated by quantum physics for many years and I still wonder about those particles behaving in one way when observed and another when not. So, I am going to give this a try. I am, however, a worry-wart and pretty negative. I try not to be but before I know of it I am standing there saying all these awful negative things about myself, about things, about others. When I realize what's happening, I feel awful in the same way you do when you broke your diet and ate a whole pizza, but that's usually not until it's too late.

Hope there are still other people out there interested in discussing this.

And, oh yes, the thing about constantly getting the good parking spots is true! I am becoming a regular George Costanza, dancing around and celebrating the perfect spot!
#424 of 2914 Old 10-27-2006, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt. View Post

And thanks to Barb for posting your review. My question to you, is it still a good buy if you're already familiar with "Ask and It is Given," "The Law of Attraction," and "The Secret?" Is it the same info in a different book or is there different info?
Kate,
I believe it's still a good buy. The book doesn't have a bunch of LoA information, just enough to get by I suppose, so it's extremely helpful to have read other books and watched the movies. The value in the book is going through the exercises, slowly if you're like me , to help you internalize what you're learning in the other books.

I've written a more in depth review on Amazon, but what I just posted above summarizes it.

I learned about LoA many years ago, loved it all, but didn't internalize it. I read book after book, but got sort of burned out. I still believed it all, just had a hard time practicing it. Now I'm in the process of internalizing it, and it really helps me to have a steady stream of related (but not all similar) books on LoA. One thing I notice is that I'm reading books on other topics where the author blatantly states the law of attraction, or is kind of gently offering it to the reader; I just LOVE that!!!

Hope this helps,
Barb
#425 of 2914 Old 10-27-2006, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magster View Post
See, I have been fascinated by quantum physics for many years and I still wonder about those particles behaving in one way when observed and another when not.
Magster,
I'm also interested in QP, and really appreciate that there are more "user friendly" books out there about it now. Right now, in fact, I have a CD set of books from the library called Dr. Quantum Presents a User's Guide to Your Universe by Fred Alan Wolf. I'd tried reading one of his books before, but it was too involved to read with the kids around, and I'm finding it's a lot easier to listen to the book on CD.

Quote:
I am, however, a worry-wart and pretty negative. I try not to be but before I know of it I am standing there saying all these awful negative things about myself, about things, about others.
I thought that might be the case when you said you were always reading the negative posts - bad things happening to good people. It proves the Law of attraction - like attracts like. However, you also said you decided not to do that any more, and then found this group - more proof!!!

Don't feel bad about not consciously directing your thoughts before. You are now, and it's like breaking a habit you no longer want (notice I didn't do the judgmental "bad" thing there ). You will find yourself being more positive and more happy, attracting better and better things into your life so that all you do is feel GOOD!!!!

Glad to be sharing with you,
Barb
#426 of 2914 Old 10-27-2006, 06:55 PM

quotes from the movie made into a movie

http://intentexperiment.com/presentation.php
#427 of 2914 Old 10-28-2006, 03:13 PM

Free ebook from the author - here's her message:
-------------------------------------------------

From Barbara Rose:

Now, everyone globally can have the book IF GOD HEARS ME, I WANT AN
ANSWER! Completely F*R*E*E in e-book format.

THIS IS CRUCIAL to reach ALL of humanity to receive answers from
SOURCE. The only way to spread this globally is for me to give it away
- which is a pure gift from my heart.

here is the link to download the book:
http://www.borntoinspire.com/id107.html

The answers and process in this book has already saved people from
comitting suicide. It has saved my own life and IT IS TIME every human
being on earth knows they CAN receive answers from Souce 24/7 and
completely free of charge.

Please spread this to everyone you know. Thousands of people are
downloading this from so many countries. ONE ACTION ON YOUR PART CAN
CHANGE LIFE ON EARTH.

This is extremely PURE, for real, positive, and I do stake my life on it!
#428 of 2914 Old 10-28-2006, 04:29 PM

I posted this elsewhere, but "The Secret" and "What the Bleep Do We Know" stars are going to be on CNN's Larry King in November.
  • Part 1 to air November 2, at 9:00 p.m. Eastern
  • Part 2 to air November 16, at 9:00 p.m. Eastern

Guests on Part 1 are:

Guests on Part 2 are:

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

#429 of 2914 Old 10-29-2006, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meant2beamom View Post
Magster,
I'm also interested in QP, and really appreciate that there are more "user friendly" books out there about it now. Right now, in fact, I have a CD set of books from the library called Dr. Quantum Presents a User's Guide to Your Universe by Fred Alan Wolf. I'd tried reading one of his books before, but it was too involved to read with the kids around, and I'm finding it's a lot easier to listen to the book on CD.

Barb
how about Deepak Chopra's Quantum Healing?!! It's a very good read.

chicken3.gifbelly.gifwow...i'm gonna have another one!!!
#430 of 2914 Old 10-29-2006, 02:37 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
well here are my thoughts on quantum physics. we should start a new thread if one wants to talk about this more.

and here is my gripe with quantum physics and what teh bleep...

we have to decipher what we mean by what we say as quantum physics. i think what we mean here is 'quantum consciousness' NOT quantum physics. the science and belief world has not yet met so far even as much as what the bleep would like us to believe.

and maybe the two realms might meet someday - the time is not now. but that doesnt mean as a spiritual/personal growth movie what the bleep isnt great. it is. but you have to ignore the scientific 'fact' they are trying to 'share'. maybe a 100 years from now or more it might be proven what they said were right but for now science and spirituality are still different realms but moving closer to each other.

any book by the scientists who appeared on what the bleep makes interesting reading on quantum consciousness. i read one by amit goswami and he explained things well enough to understand and he started the whole morality debate as to what makes each particle do what it does. i liked his approach.

i too was under a lot of confusion about quantum physics. adn then i understood there is no way i can understand 'quantum physics' without some background in math and physics - to the degree i was interested in following it up. i have yet to find a good book that describes things well enough for me to grasp it and be able to finish the book.

and to make things even more difficult the basics of what quantum physics that everything is made of energy - everything is actually empty - and so we are all one - has been talked about and mentioned in ancient religions. and that we all are one has been the premise of all religions hasnt it?!!!

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#431 of 2914 Old 10-29-2006, 08:13 AM

Thank you umsami!

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#432 of 2914 Old 10-29-2006, 06:07 PM

Say, I normally frequent the frugality forum, but now I am kind of hesitant to go there as I do not want to attract MORE financial need. Does that make sense?

We saw What the Bleep do we know last night, I really enjoyed the secret much more, which is quite astonishing as I am an atheist and uber-sceptic at heart. Well, maybe I should say: was. Change is spinning in the air around here.
#433 of 2914 Old 10-29-2006, 06:08 PM

Thanks Umsami, I will defintely try to catch it.
#434 of 2914 Old 10-29-2006, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meant2beamom View Post
Magster,

I thought that might be the case when you said you were always reading the negative posts - bad things happening to good people. It proves the Law of attraction - like attracts like. However, you also said you decided not to do that any more, and then found this group - more proof!!!

Don't feel bad about not consciously directing your thoughts before. You are now, and it's like breaking a habit you no longer want (notice I didn't do the judgmental "bad" thing there ). You will find yourself being more positive and more happy, attracting better and better things into your life so that all you do is feel GOOD!!!!

Glad to be sharing with you,
Barb
Thanks for your encouragement, Barb.

I will definetely check out the book by Wolf, he was the one I most "connected with" in the movie.
#435 of 2914 Old 10-30-2006, 01:29 AM

for all you fred alan wolf fans here is a hour and a half interview which was v. interesting on shamainic physics.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...74736&q=bashar

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#436 of 2914 Old 10-30-2006, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemee View Post

i too was under a lot of confusion about quantum physics. adn then i understood there is no way i can understand 'quantum physics' without some background in math and physics - to the degree i was interested in following it up. i have yet to find a good book that describes things well enough for me to grasp it and be able to finish the book.
i like The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot. It doesn't go into QP in so much detail that it is overwhelming. In fact, he talks specifically about a holographic model of the universe and how, in that model, things like LOA, psychic energy, supernatural acitivites etc might be possible. Its a really good read. In fact I should read it again!
#437 of 2914 Old 10-30-2006, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemee View Post
for all you fred alan wolf fans here is a hour and a half interview which was v. interesting on shamainic physics.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...74736&q=bashar
#438 of 2914 Old 10-30-2006, 04:50 PM

working my way thru this thread.... but just wanted to "join" it! and also say- we sold our house less than one month after starting the positive "i am so grateful and happy we sold the house this month" exercise, and also, i finally (after 6 months) started losing the baby weight.....
hugs to all, and thanks for the good thoughts.
#439 of 2914 Old 10-30-2006, 09:38 PM

subbing

Syrinx, Soulmate to Pan, Mama to Zion (5), River (3), Silver (1) and expecting a baby Storm...
#440 of 2914 Old 11-01-2006, 10:01 AM

Doing a happy dance over here!

Just got an email from the Secret website staff. They are coming out with the Secret on CD so we can *listen* in our cars, or at home. They are coming out with a book. Both due in November.

: : :

#441 of 2914 Old 11-01-2006, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
Doing a happy dance over here!

Just got an email from the Secret website staff. They are coming out with the Secret on CD so we can *listen* in our cars, or at home. They are coming out with a book. Both due in November.

: : :
That's really great!
#442 of 2914 Old 11-02-2006, 05:55 PM

Just downloaded and watched The Secret while my kiddos were napping. Wow! Thanks for this thread.
#443 of 2914 Old 11-02-2006, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcents View Post
i like The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot. It doesn't go into QP in so much detail that it is overwhelming. In fact, he talks specifically about a holographic model of the universe and how, in that model, things like LOA, psychic energy, supernatural acitivites etc might be possible. Its a really good read. In fact I should read it again!
thanks!!! i will read it in teh new future. right now i have to wade thru 12 that i have borrowed from the library.

#444 of 2914 Old 11-03-2006, 02:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by magster View Post
Say, I normally frequent the frugality forum, but now I am kind of hesitant to go there as I do not want to attract MORE financial need. Does that make sense?

We saw What the Bleep do we know last night, I really enjoyed the secret much more, which is quite astonishing as I am an atheist and uber-sceptic at heart. Well, maybe I should say: was. Change is spinning in the air around here.
yes. you make sense. I don't hang out in frugality ... i like to know they are there and if I need to go I know where to go ...but I don't hang out there.
kwim?

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#445 of 2914 Old 11-03-2006, 02:36 AM - Thread Starter

thanks Umsami,
I watched CNN tonight. Thought they were all very good and presented quite a force.

#446 of 2914 Old 11-03-2006, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
yes. you make sense. I don't hang out in frugality ... i like to know they are there and if I need to go I know where to go ...but I don't hang out there.
kwim?
Glad to see I am not the only one with this reasoning.

Thanks, Tracy, for starting these threads to begin with. I am going to try to find your treasure mapping tips now.
#447 of 2914 Old 11-03-2006, 10:23 AM

They will be on LKL again in two weeks!

#448 of 2914 Old 11-03-2006, 10:34 AM

About the frugality forum..listen to your gut. If going there makes you feel poor and as if all you think about is being poor, listen to that.

If being frugal feels empowering, listen to that.

#449 of 2914 Old 11-03-2006, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

agree, momtwice

#450 of 2914 Old 11-03-2006, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
kwim?
I've been meaning to post on this for a couple days...

Is there any way you can turn it around? Feel good when you go there? Instead of thinking that you *need* to be frugal for fearful reasons (debt, etc.), can you make it a positive thing, something you enjoy doing, feel good doing? Maybe you're being helpful to the earth by recycling? Or maybe you're helping others who are still creating this in their lives have an easier time of it? Who knows who you might be helping (including yourself) - maybe somebody from that list will become famous because of what they know?!! Then no more need for them to be frugal!!

It's too easy to start complaining (even to myself) about the way things are now. And it's hard work to change a habit that I've had all my life. The thing I keep trying to remember every day is that I'm living in a world I created in the past, and if I want to live differently in the future, I have to think differently now.

Barb

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page