The Secret---- anyone seen it? - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 2914 Old 11-08-2006, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzuranotte View Post
I think the idea about not discussing it is that other people can bring their own negativity and doubt. But if we focus on making it a place where we support and believe in what others are manifesting and use it as a positive place we can avoid that to some extent.
Ahhhh, yes! That totally makes sense!
#482 of 2914 Old 11-08-2006, 10:07 PM

Exactly. I think that getting others enrolled in your possibilities helps create the energy in the right direction.
#483 of 2914 Old 11-08-2006, 11:53 PM

REMINDER:

Part Two of the Secret/What the Bleep Folks on Larry King is Tomorrow (THURSDAY) Night.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled thread...

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

#484 of 2914 Old 11-09-2006, 05:58 PM

I just ordered the DVD. I can't wait to watch it.
#485 of 2914 Old 11-09-2006, 07:37 PM

Boy, the past days have been tough. It seems the more I try to attract positive thoughts, the worse everything gets.

Well, I know it partially stressed-related, everything is super-hectic here but I sure want to stick to it. It seems to help to let the Secret run in the baxckgropund, just listening to it while I work (I am writing my dissertation for graduation in one month, yeah!).

mccelticmom, hope you'll enjoy it too!
#486 of 2914 Old 11-09-2006, 09:31 PM

Did anyone else get this via e-mail today?
#487 of 2914 Old 11-10-2006, 12:46 AM

I watched this a couple months ago, before a huge change in my life. I believe!
#488 of 2914 Old 11-10-2006, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedsol View Post
I watched this a couple months ago, before a huge change in my life. I believe!
Care to expound? My curiosity is piqued!
#489 of 2914 Old 11-10-2006, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umsami View Post
REMINDER:

Part Two of the Secret/What the Bleep Folks on Larry King is Tomorrow (THURSDAY) Night.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled thread...
I believe you were a week early, my friend.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#490 of 2914 Old 11-10-2006, 08:35 AM

Can someone help me with regard to anger?

I seem to have a lot bubbling up the last few days.

When I am sad and depressed, I have learned to turn it around. Pretty amazing since I only watched the Secret this summer. I've made so many improvements in my life since then!

But I can't seem to do the same thing as easily with anger. And I don't like it. IOne example: I was feeling really angry at a certain relative and then I had a nightmare that I was having a really negative encounter with that person. The feeling just seemed to magnify in the dream. I've tried thinking loving thoughts about them and it is so hard!

Any thoughts?

It seems like there are two trains of thought here. In the Secret the attitude seems to be, "just change your mind." Louise Hay seems to have an attitude of looking at your feelings and what they mean to you before you change them.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#491 of 2914 Old 11-10-2006, 09:20 AM

Momtwice ~ I struggle with anger issues big time and have for a while. It's been much better lately but it came up the other night with DH. We've all been sick and the kids have been up a lot in the night. Everyone is just very tired. But he got on the computer without talking to me first (home from work...put kids to bed...came down and got on the computer...no hello, no hug) and I was just so hurt and angry.

I was falling into my old pattern of sighing and sniffling and waiting for him to notice (which he never does) and then I started to notice how my body felt. I felt sick to my stomach. Knot in my shoulder. My slight cold felt like it was instantly progressing...headache, sore throat etc.

When I find myself in this place now I have a few new tools to change the energy (some Secret-ish and others not so much).

One thing I do is think of all the wonderful things about my DH. I make a list of all that I am grateful for about him. And then I remind myself how much he loves me and cares about me and the fact that he would not intentionally hurt me so he must really be needing time alone.

Another thing I do is that I actively try to change the situation. "Hey sweetie...if you put some nice music on, I'd love to rub your shoulders."

Sometimes I sit and journal to get my thoughts out and decide if it is something I can release in that way or if it's something I need to follow-up with the person on.

I also find myself now thinking...Huh. This is an interesting situation. What is the Universe trying to tell me? Dyer has this amazing quote about the most difficult people in our lives being our greatest teachers and how instead of being angry with them, we should thank them (if I can dig it up I'll post it here).

Kids need me....
#492 of 2914 Old 11-10-2006, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
phew! glad I didnt miss the larry king show.....if anyone knows the date, please post it when it comes up again. thanks!
#493 of 2914 Old 11-10-2006, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsmom View Post
phew! glad I didnt miss the larry king show.....if anyone knows the date, please post it when it comes up again. thanks!

i believe it's the 16th
#494 of 2914 Old 11-10-2006, 09:54 PM

dharmama~ really like your post!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#495 of 2914 Old 11-14-2006, 02:09 AM

Just finished watching "The Secret" as a result of finding this thread. I blew off a bunch of work I had to do and dh and I watched it together. At the end of the movie, I looked over and dh was crying! I him! We are going to start working on some things in our lives right away.
#496 of 2914 Old 11-14-2006, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochimama View Post
At the end of the movie, I looked over and dh was crying! I him! We are going to start working on some things in our lives right away.
Aaawwwwwwwwwwwww!
#497 of 2914 Old 11-14-2006, 03:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#498 of 2914 Old 11-15-2006, 03:57 PM

Location: the beautiful mountains of sunny Southern California
Warning - long random story/musing ahead...

I've seen this thread title for months, but never felt inspired to click and see what it was about. But on Monday, I followed a thread from Personal Growth and ended up here. And read all 25 pages. Finally figured out that it's related to Science of the Mind, which is interesting because my Mom was introduced to SOTM a few months ago, but we haven't really talked about it much. I looked up The Secret on Amazon, almost bought a DVD, but didn't. So at dinner time, I asked DH if he'd ever read anything about The Secret. I swear, his eyes almost popped out of his head. He said, no, that he didn't have any idea of what I was talking about, but that his iPOD had been communicating with him again , and songs about "secrets" had been coming on all day : DH and I didn't get to talk more about it, what with children chattering at us and all...

So last night, I'm talking with my Mom, who got back in town yesterday after being on the road in her RV the last 7 months (sweet woman drove me 5+ hours round trip yesterday afternoon/evening to a business meeting because I've been feeling so yucky lately [pregnancy]). I asked her if she had done anything more with SOTM stuff. She said no, really, she's been really busy, but she has these 2 DVDs that my great aunt gave her that she wants to watch again. Turns out the 2 DVDs are The Secret and What the Bleep Do We Know. Mom was stunned to hear that I wanted to see both of them.

So today, I mention to DH the conversaton I had with my Mom, and that she has these 2 DVDs that I want to watch. And he says, "we have What the Bleep Do We Know. It's awesome. It's amazing." I mentioned that The Secret is in the same vein and I really want to watch both with him. And he's totally on board.

And now I have this unshakable feeling that sometimes we're not meant to have certain information until we're ready for it, and for me, that time is this week. It's wild, really. And I'm looking forward to seeing where the journey takes me :
#499 of 2914 Old 11-15-2006, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomInFlux View Post
And now I have this unshakable feeling that sometimes we're not meant to have certain information until we're ready for it,
Exactly! I look forward to reading your insights.
Barb
#500 of 2914 Old 11-15-2006, 08:00 PM

Quote:
News just in - it's been confirmed that the incomparable Ellen DeGeneres will interview Bob Proctor and John Assaraf from The Secret for her program airing December 1st. Ellen has committed a large part of her show this season to celebrate what she refers to as her "Life List", which is a detailed account of all the things that Ellen and her guests have always wanted to accomplish in life. We understand that Ellen has come to recognize The Secret as a vital cog in helping people turn those fantasies into fact. We are very excited that Ellen is so committed to spreading the word about The Secret and we look forward to her unique perspective with tremendous anticipation.
I'll be tivo'ing it!
Barb
#501 of 2914 Old 11-15-2006, 08:23 PM

Very cool, Brenda!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#502 of 2914 Old 11-16-2006, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

if any of you have not done it yet...can you please click on my sig. The thing in bold is a lie...(of course)...but we really need help where the link takes you...

i ask you to go because we need

#503 of 2914 Old 11-16-2006, 11:50 AM

News from the Secret website's newsletter...

they are working on a sequel, another movie they are expecting out the summer of 2007.

There is now a process in place for people who want to show The Secret in schools, houses of worship etc.

They say they showed the Secret to millions of people in Ghana, Africa!

#504 of 2914 Old 11-16-2006, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
THE SECRET.........finally on Larry King TONIGHT, Thursday. Looks good!
#505 of 2914 Old 11-16-2006, 11:53 AM

howo do you get this Secret newsletter?
#506 of 2914 Old 11-16-2006, 01:40 PM

I don't remember Golden, if it's from buying the movie from their web site or from signing up at the website for it.

http://whatisthesecret.tv/

#507 of 2914 Old 11-16-2006, 01:43 PM

i didn't buy the movie and i get the newsletters. sign up at the website. i think it's thesecret.tv but i'm not sure...
#508 of 2914 Old 11-16-2006, 03:04 PM

found it, thanks!
#509 of 2914 Old 11-16-2006, 04:44 PM

Wow, I read through this entire thread! It's a long one...but good. I watched this movie about a month ago when a friend bought it for me. It was really sweet of her. I have read a lot of books in a similar vein and I did see What the Bleep...though I honestly forget all of it. It was a while ago that I saw it. Maybe 2 years ago.

Anyway, I just wanted to subscribe. Sometimes I struggle to stay on top of it all but I have been doing really well for the past month and staying positive through it all and have watched The Secret again since beginning to read this thread. I do think it's a really important message. I'm glad I found this thread. It's refreshing to see other MDCers following the same philosophy!

*ETA: Also...I found this thread by just on a whim clicking "new posts" which I rarely do. I haven't even been on MDC much and have been posting even less so it was pretty random that I should find it right there at the top of new posts...or not.
#510 of 2914 Old 11-16-2006, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
or not.
yep. or not

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page