The Secret---- anyone seen it? - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-22-2006, 04:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
hmmm let me see if i say this correctly. sometimes what i think and explain to myself and what i put down on paper are two different things.

first i feel we are all visualising automatically. its not something u started doing when u saw the secret. became more aware of it and figured out the power after the secret yes.

i can to a certain degree relate to you. i want a family and kids and i want my vision too. both totally contradict each other. while my kids are young i want to be there for them. never one at the cost of the other.

then i just gave up. i told the univ - univ i am going too : trying to figure out the logistics. i want my time with my family and i also want to manifest my dream. i want both of those. now you figure out how they are all going to fit in. i give up. i trust u always have my greater good at heart so i am not going to spend any more time on it.

and so i do my separate visualisations. i dont set myself up to visualise. i notice something around me and as i continue doing what i am liek grocery shopping or whatever for a while i totally am focusing on what having a baby in teh house feels like. and then suddenly i see an older person and i totally focus on what i want my dream to feel like. for my life's work i have an outline. i have something to work on. lets say a skeleton starting to take shape but not fully formed yet. so i have no clue what it is but i enjoy the feeling. that i am doing something worthwhile.

if i had to try adn see what one day of my life would look like i would be : each to his own.

so yes. ur dh is a wise man. nothing ever replaces " let the universe do what is best and just enjoy the ride and make the most of each day". make the most of each day. that is the key here. the biggest key. because even though u visualise - its still out there. u have to also focus on the now. because everything that happens in the future is based on the now. and the now is just a moment. it is gone in teh flash of a second.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2006, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It seems to me that when I'm feeling : like I am today,
and it's about a particular issue (for the person above it's her mate's behavior, for me it's family stuff with Turkey Day coming) I need to step outside of that issue to generate happy feelings.

I need to take a walk in the crisp fall air, do some scrapbooking, do something I enjoy that has nothing to do with the problem.....and then I have some good vibes to be grateful for, and I work on trying to keep feeling them. If I had a dog I'd go play with her.

Because sometimes trying to feel happy about people who've hurt me is too hard a place to start from. I can't start from the place of hurt, I have to start from a place of joy but at FIRST that joy needs to be about something else.

In the Secret they talk about putting on music you love or thinking about a baby you love.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
Old 11-22-2006, 12:44 PM

Dh and I have been talking about the Secret since we watched it last week and have been trying to implement all of it in our everyday lives.
Yesterday dh and dd went out to look for dh's lost hat AGAIN. It is the hat that he bought in Iceland on our honeymoon that has serious sentimental value. He lost it a month or so ago in the woods near our house when he and dd were out walking around. We've been out to look for that hat countless times in the last month. We've had a couple of snows that have probably buried it wherever it was. Dh talked to other people who walk a lot in our neighborhood and no one has seen it. He was about to give up...(do you know where this is going?)
While walking around yesterday on an attempt to find it, he started thinking about why he wanted to find it, if he deserved to find it, and decided that yes, he deserved it, he really wanted to find it. Then he started imagining himself finding it. He said outloud a couple of times "Hey there's my hat!" A few minutes after beginning this, he turned around a BOOM there it was! In a place he had walked by a number of times before! We are really excited about this and wanted to share Amazing!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochimama View Post
Dh and I have been talking about the Secret since we watched it last week and have been trying to implement all of it in our everyday lives.
Yesterday dh and dd went out to look for dh's lost hat AGAIN. It is the hat that he bought in Iceland on our honeymoon that has serious sentimental value. He lost it a month or so ago in the woods near our house when he and dd were out walking around. We've been out to look for that hat countless times in the last month. We've had a couple of snows that have probably buried it wherever it was. Dh talked to other people who walk a lot in our neighborhood and no one has seen it. He was about to give up...(do you know where this is going?)
While walking around yesterday on an attempt to find it, he started thinking about why he wanted to find it, if he deserved to find it, and decided that yes, he deserved it, he really wanted to find it. Then he started imagining himself finding it. He said outloud a couple of times "Hey there's my hat!" A few minutes after beginning this, he turned around a BOOM there it was! In a place he had walked by a number of times before! We are really excited about this and wanted to share Amazing!!!

oh, my goodness...if there is a sequel to the movie..your husband should be on it!

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 11-22-2006, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemee View Post
then i just gave up. i told the univ - univ i am going too : trying to figure out the logistics. i want my time with my family and i also want to manifest my dream. i want both of those. now you figure out how they are all going to fit in. i give up. i trust u always have my greater good at heart so i am not going to spend any more time on it.

Yup, that's it. Don't worry about the HOW, just think about the WHAT.

Maggi315, think about ALL those things that you want: teaching ob/gyn, having your homebirth practice, AND spending lots of time with your kids. The universe will figure out how to give you all those things.

I think it was James Arthur Ray in The Secret who said something to the effect that if you're thinking "well, I'd like for this to happen, but I'd hate for it to happen like this or that" then you are on the wrong track.

Just think what you want, feel good about what you want, feel confident about what you want, and it will come.

But the key is feeling good about it as well as wanting it.
One way to put it could be "Wow, I am so lucky. I am able to have this, this, AND this all at the same time."

Loon , dh , dd , and twins ds1 dd2 **Thoughts become things. - Mike Dooley**
Old 11-22-2006, 05:19 PM

We just found out Wal-Mart is coming to our side of town. The city kept it a secret until it was all approved. It's hard to stay positive when just the thought of them brings up so much anger about the company and the fact that everything was kept so hush-hush.

"What you resist persists...."

Sooooo.......

I'm trying to visualize how happy we'll be when Wal-Mart backs out of the project or closes its doors because they're not making the money they want.

I'm trying to visualize educating our local residents and empowering them all to take a stand. (Dh is in the process of that, actually. We're planning screenings of The High Cost of Low Price and he's helping publicize city meetings.)

I'm trying to visualize small local businesses doing well and prospering.

How else can we focus on overcoming something hugely negative without focusing too much on the negative? I keep remembering the part of The Secret where they talk about the War on Drugs & the War on Terror and how those things persist the more we fight against them.

So, I'm not anti-Wal-Mart, I'm pro-small business?
So, I'm not anti-Wal-Mart, I'm pro-people shopping elsewhere?
So, I'm not anti-Wal-Mart, I'm pro-.......?
Old 11-22-2006, 05:32 PM

Quote:
That's wonderful!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loon13 View Post

Yup, that's it. Don't worry about the HOW, just think about the WHAT.

Maggi315, think about ALL those things that you want: teaching ob/gyn, having your homebirth practice, AND spending lots of time with your kids. The universe will figure out how to give you all those things.

."

Yes, it is not our job to figure out the how or the when. We just have to work on the WHAT.

If I have learned anything from the Secret it is to just TRUST in it. Most of our objections to it are just the mubble jumble in our heads. Just let go and think about what you DO want and the universe will do the rest.

Has anyone read The Teachings of Abraham? It talks alot about the letting it go to the Universe stuff. It is by Ester Hicks from the Secret.

goorganic.jpgsaynovax.gif Daycare Provider Who Strives To Encourage Children To Follow Their Innate

www.allnaturaldaycare.com
Old 11-22-2006, 06:16 PM

I am amazed at how well this has worked for us. DH and I finally got in agreement on where to move and he has already secured a job and dd and I are going to be leaving next week to look for a house. And the funds to pay for the move have come from a totally unexpected source of money.

I'm so excited because this has been something we have been working on for a long time but we never could get agreement on where to move to with equal amount of determination.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Awesome, Arduinna!

Old 11-23-2006, 07:09 AM

Hi, I've been lurking on this thread for the past couple of weeks. I'm really working on positive thinking and being clear about what I really want. It's good because I've had general ideas of how I want my life to go, but now I've been able to focus and really KNOW what I want. I think that will make all the difference in what the universe brings me.

Quote:

This story inspired me to go and look for something - ds lost IN HIS ROOM. I had already torn the place apart 3 or 4 times to no avail. Then last night I went in there picturing myself finding it. I kept saying "I found it!" out loud and thinking about how ds really wanted it. I was straightening some books on the bookshelf and then looked down, and there at my feet was what I was looking for. And I swear it hadn't been there a second ago. Fun!

So, I'm trying to get my kids, especially ds to use more positive thinking. He often says "can't or "never" and is generally pretty pessimistic like his French philosopher father so there's some work to be done there.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayayenay View Post
We just found out Wal-Mart is coming to our side of town....

I'm trying to visualize how happy we'll be when Wal-Mart backs out of the project or closes its doors because they're not making the money they want.
That is great! Good for you!

Maybe you could visualize the other businesses in town and their owners being really happy too. And you could visualize the spot where they want to build being a really happy space, either with a nice ethical happy business, or trees and flowers and birds, (depending on whether it's developed yet or not!)

And there have been people who have kept WM out of their town. you could read their stories and be inspired. Visualize these people being happy, and lifting you up in your struggle.
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...10/ai_14794744

Picture the victory party.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
Old 11-23-2006, 04:20 PM

Would you beleive that after being in the worst depression of my life a few weeks ago (before The Secret) I am now so happy I could cry. This stuff really works! Either that or it's a freaking amazing coincidence (but I don't beleive in coincidences - ever read the Celestine Prophecy? ).

1) Our car died.
Like...REALLY died. We had to have it towed for our safety. We could afford $100-$200 in repairs. The MANDATORY work ended up being $700, with a laundry list of repairs we could do by ourselves, on our own time. We flipped out, not knowing what to do.

Solution: Positive thoughts. I pictured them being paid. I pictured having our car in our driveway. Low and behold, my in-laws unexpectly came to our rescue (they use the same Garage, so they knew about the car being in), and paid our bill as an early Christmas gift. We have a car again!

2) I've been majorly bummed about my job.
I'm being taken advantage of here - overworked and underpaid. I'd love to be able to put my college education in Graphic Design to use, but in the five years since graduation, have not had luck finding a job in that field, at all.

Solution: Meditation.
I pictured myself designing. I pictured myself writing invoices to clients. I pictured my clients saying things like "wow, great work!" and "Hey, I love this!" Imagine my suprise when an aquaintance that comes into our office told me he had some design work for me, paying me more than DOUBLE what I get paid here. The best part being I can work from home in the evenings. It's the ideal second job. I was concerned that my work wouldn't be up-to-par because I'm out of practice. But I did more mediation (in the bath, with candles lit, so I could concentrate better, lol). This morning they came in and told me - get this - "Wow, great work! I love the third layout you did!"

On top of that, I have received THREE opportunities for Graphic Design jobs in the past week, alone. Two came in emails from my father, totally unsolicited. This is actually the first time he's ever emailed me. And he didn't know that I was still looking for Graphic Design jobs.

3) DH is in a slump. He's been out of work for several months on disability, and is scheduled to go back in January. He doesn't want to go back at all. He absolutely hates his job, and both of us agree that the thought of him going back fills us both with dread. He works a night shift, and only has Tuesdays off. So when he's working, we have 6 hours a WEEK to spend time together.

Solution:
He watched The Secret with me, but I have no idea how seriously he took it. I pointed out a few recent instances where he's said things like "Man, I bet XXX is going to flake out on me again", and the friend in question flaked out, just as he expected. This is a friend who doesn't have a history of being flakey. I told him to try thinking positively, and picturing his friend following through. Sure enough, his friend was there for him on the day he tried to be positive.

Regarding the job, I've been doing some meditation, picturing him getting excited about work. Picturing him applying to jobs. I have no idea if it works that way, but I figured it couldn't hurt. A few minutes ago, he called me and told me to read my email. Out of the blue, he received a phonecall from a total stranger, looking for DH's father. The man happens to be opening up a carpentry shop (something DH has done for years with his dad, and enjoys, aside from having to work for his father) in OUR CITY. He asked DH if he thought his father would be interested in coming up to work with him. DH said no, probably not, as his dad is just getting settled into a new home, and building his own shop. But he gave him his dad's number, and then ended up taking a step - He told the man that he had a lot of experience in the field, and would be happy to work with him if he was interested. So they spoke together for most of the morning, and DH says he'll be calling back later today. He said "I don't want to get my hopes up, but I"m so excited about this. It could be so good for us." So I told him to get his hopes up, think positive thoughts. It can't hurt!

The only thing that hasn't worked so far, is thinking positive thoughts about DH's very very late disability check. He hasn't been paid in two months, and after 3 weeks of phonecalls, nobody can give him an answer as to where his pay is. I've been picturing the check in our mailbox, every chance I get. And I've been trying very hard to NOT picture the late bills that this late check has created. But it's not working. And I think I need a new angle here. Any ideas? :P
Old 11-23-2006, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
nikki - when i work hard on something adn it doesnt work out i release it to the univ/god/'anyname' and say i have done my bit. perhaps you have a different idea which i cant see. i trust u. i know u have my greater good in mind. so i am not going to work on it anymore. because i trust in u and i know when the time is right - things will fall into place.

everything doesnt work out ALL the time. there are two things u can do. one really look inside urself and find out why you are asking for that. do u really want it or is it out of fear. but once i have made up my mind that i did indeed do everything - then its the divine stepping in asking me to have patience because even greater things are in store for me. and it has always worked out that way.

maybe instead of imagining the check in ur mailbox picture how you will spend the money. writing the checks for the bills, buying grocery. imagine urself going to the bank to deposit it. imagine what u would do when u have the check in hand.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
Old 11-23-2006, 07:23 PM

for sharing so much information about The Secret. Thank you thank you thank you for this - for our family, and for the world.

ahem. well, after happening upon the Secret thread in Personal Growth (which I seldom visit) my dh and I sat right down and watched it together. It was really empowering for both of us - separate, and as a couple.

My dh has been struggling with his business- I have felt he hasn't really put his Heart into it, iykwim, and wasn't entirely comfortable being totally on his own.

I think it was 3 DAYS after we watched The Secret, my dh got a call right out of the blue inviting him to enter into negotiations with a complementary business to his, for a kind of joint but separate venture. I was absolutely floored ... and really grateful, too.

so, I am trying to be so mindful of my gratitude and keep positive thinking my goal rather than the exception.

and I LOVE the idea of positively evicting (so to speak) Wal Mart from a pp's area - Yeah!

Barbara
Old 11-23-2006, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

thanks, jormorder!

but I need to remind everyone (and I"m going to edit OP)

I would like to put up a huge Thank you to MAMAPITS..........

MAMAPITS WAS THE PERSON WHO FIRST TOLD ME ABOUT THE SECRET.....AND WITHOUT HER SUGGESTION I WOULD NEVER HAVE GOTTEN IT, WATCHED IT AND BEEN MOVED TO POST HERE...........

THANK YOU!!!!

Old 11-24-2006, 01:31 PM

Yesterday morning (Thanksgiving) dh and I were listening to the new unabridged book on CD of the Secret read by Rhonda Byrne. As I mentioned above this is 4 hours long, it's the Secret...but MORE. Lots more stories and inspiration.

So then I get in the shower...I was in the shower thinking how we should call a certain relative and say hi.

I come out and dh is on the phone with that person's child who has just called! This person is by far the most positive-thinking and inspiring of any relative or friend we have about the issues of career and finances. This person is a very, very intelligent and successful entrepeneur.

And this person kept talking to us about how thankful they are for positive things in life, emphasizing people, not things. And all the holiday negativity I've been feeling about certain relatives started to melt away.

Old 11-24-2006, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nikki~ View Post
The only thing that hasn't worked so far, is thinking positive thoughts about DH's very very late disability check. He hasn't been paid in two months, and after 3 weeks of phonecalls, nobody can give him an answer as to where his pay is. I've been picturing the check in our mailbox, every chance I get. And I've been trying very hard to NOT picture the late bills that this late check has created. But it's not working. And I think I need a new angle here. Any ideas? :P

Picture you calling them one last time, being firm, telling them that they will deliver it by courier the next day. Picture you telling them that you will contact the local news if it doesn't come.

Picture the courier ringing your doorbell.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:12 PM

I just watched it last night! Wow. It all makes so much sense.
We are driving around looking for the perfect house and when we find it, we are going to take a picture of it and use it as a screen saver so we can visualize it. Right now, we have no money and are renting, but we will buy this house WHEN I sell my first children's book!
Old 11-25-2006, 09:23 PM

momtwice,
i just wanted to write that i've really been noticing your transformation! you're a guide to those who find this thread!
barb, nak
Old 11-25-2006, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meant2beamom View Post
momtwice,
i just wanted to write that i've really been noticing your transformation! you're a guide to those who find this thread!
barb, nak

That is so sweet of you to say. Thank you, I needed that.

Old 11-26-2006, 02:51 AM

Thanks for all the responses to my post. Of course you are all right. I need to stop trying to force things. I am trying to concentrate on enjoying each day, completing my daily assignment whether that be working, caring for sick kid, shopping, decorating, etc. And enjoy that while the universe takes care of the rest.

I have come to realize how much unneeded stress I put on myself and my family by constantly worrying, planning, etc. and i am doing my best to slow that down.

An example: We needed a new car, I looked up cars for sale online, my husband was peering over my shoulder, liked one, went out and bought it while I was at work (I reminded him he should just concentrate on watching the kids ). We got a great deal, a perfect car, no hassles, easy. The way the Universe wants us to do things. I was skeptical about it, but his thoughts were "if it's meant to be this car, things will fall into place without stress, otherwise, keep looking. No big deal"

Not sure if I can ever get to that point, but I am making big, big progress. I want to watch the secret again, but we have lost our copy (hey, what does that mean the universe is telling me?????) Did someone have a site to watch it for free? I mean I already paid for it and everything.

Thanks again!
Old 11-26-2006, 03:01 AM

Barb,
It's on Google video, I'm sure. You might try youtube.com too (I think it's owned by google now).

Your car story is inspiring! You definitely went "downstream" with that one. :-D Thanks for the reminder.

(another) Barb
Old 11-26-2006, 08:58 AM

I found a 7 minute 9 second clip on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5yeHR3RUKo

And I am just enthralled!! Even DH came up and asked me what I was watching. He seems a little interested too, which is a super good thing. He has a tendancy to be pessimistic.

Off to find a few more short clips before bed.

GREAT MOM to dd (5) and )ds( [sept 26 2006]
Old 11-26-2006, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

ambrose, go check out The Secret in Personal Growth...there is another way to watch.

Old 11-27-2006, 03:51 AM - Thread Starter

A challange for you SECRET-ERS

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...postcount=1431

I put a little call out to you gals.

Old 11-27-2006, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Been lurking on this thread.

I watched the Secret. I'm generally happy and content in life. The only really challenging area is that with my SO. We've been together for a few years, things are great, but we're not moving forward the way I want to. Over the last couple of months I had become increasingly tense, anxious, sad, frustrated, insecure, etc.. I started telling him any time we addressed the issue that I felt unimportant to him, not a priority, at the bottom of his list, etc... I got really stuck in a rut of thinking really negative thoughts about him.. second guessing about ulterior motives, thinking him dishonest, thinking he's playing me, that I'm a fool, constantly second guessing and hyper-analysing every thing he said to me. I felt things growing tenuous with us and was seriously considering ending the relationship... after watching The Secret I really reflected on my language (I'm not important, I'm not a priority) and my thought patterns when it comes to him. I decided to stop second guessing him and to stop feeling anxious, sad and frustrated. I decided that what I want most in this life is a true partner and that if that turns out to be him, swell. If not, the universe will resolve that for me. Basically I decided I could either end the relationship and move on or stay in the relationship, be positive and enjoy it for what it was while keeping my heart and mind open. And that's what I did. Instead of nagging him to spend more time with me and feeling hurt and rejected when he didn't, I started thinking about how much I enjoy his company, how much fun we have and pictured us having more time together and pictured him initiating that time. I saw him four times last week as opposed to what is usually only one time a week.. all his initiating versus me usually feeling like I'm chasing after him.

The other morning he got out of bed kind of abruptly without any kisses or cuddles or really even a "good morning" saying he slept way too late, had things to do and had to get going. He seemed out of sorts and tense. For a moment I started to feel crabby and pissy. I stopped myself, focused on the love I feel for him and that even if he had to go I was thankful for the time we had already spent the previous day and night and that it would be lovely to just have a cup of coffee together. I got up and sincerely with love offerred to make him coffee. He went off to the bathroom and while I made coffee I pictured us sitting in the living room laughing and talking and drinking coffee in a relaxed way. I was smiling. He returned to the kitchen so full of love. His tension was gone. He wrapped his arms around me, rubbed my back, neck and shoulders, told me he loved me, thanked me for the coffee and then proceeded to stay for another couple of hours, exactly as I had pictured it. I still have a lot to figure out about all of this, but I find these few things to be fascinating and am excited thinking about applying these ideas further and in all areas of my life.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:22 PM

Since I watched the Secret, some exciting things have been happening. I am currently a SAHM, but dh and I are not in the best place financially right now, so I have been looking for a job. Before I watched the Secret, I was very negative about it because I have a VERY limited availability (only 12 hours per week, very specific hours, a set schedule, and only certain days per week), and I need a job that is very close to home so that dh can bring dd to nurse on my break. So after watching the Secret I just started envisioning the places I applied needing me for exactly the times/days I needed. You know where this is going, right?

I got a job. I barely even had an interview. My hours and days were exactly what they were looking for and they hired me on the spot. And the place is within walking distance of my apartment.

Just thought I'd share.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

A special Thank you to Charmarty who turned me on to this link for The Secret-AFfirmations. It lasts about 2 minutes...and seriously you can't help but feel energized by it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=phL0RLKL8bc

Old 11-27-2006, 09:23 PM

and BTW~ when you become a member there at the secrettv.com.. you can have access to ALL kinds of wonderful, uplifting information REGISTER

User Tag List