The Secret---- anyone seen it? - Page 27 - Mothering Forums
First ... 17  25  26  27 28  29  37  77  ... Last
Spirituality > The Secret---- anyone seen it?
Tracy's Avatar Tracy 09:09 PM 12-06-2006
re: children...and the secret..

honestly, if there was anyone who seemed to embody so much of The Secret naturally it is my son. both dh and I have remarked how he can manifest things almost out of thin air... he is a channel in many ways and so nice for us to role model off of

meant2beamom's Avatar meant2beamom 09:36 PM 12-06-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
I have started it and really like it. My mom just saw her in person and loves her.
I read this a few years ago and LOVED it!! I need to get it for my personal library. Highly recommended.

I think children are naturals at knowing the secret - they come into the world knowing it - and are taught otherwise. When my kids watch shows that support the general world view, I counter it with the secret information. It's fun for kids because it's magical. Maybe you can remind your daughter of times that she manifested something/s she wanted? I do this with my son. Still, TV and friends and society at large counter what I tell him, but I believe I have more influence (if I'm careful to remember to remind him).

HTH,
Barb
Zannalyn's Avatar Zannalyn 11:44 PM 12-06-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by animus_silvae View Post
Zannalyn, I've been thinking about these words of yours all day. For me, I guess I can say I am a strong believer in reincarnation and the idea that we are here to learn spiritual lessons as well. I believe that between incarnations we have the ability to scan through the possible/potential experiences we will have in our next chosen life. So I think it is much more comlicated than the free will vs. destiny argument. I think both are actually happening in some complex way we can't understand--just like we can't really understand non-linnear time.

Whenever I get too superstitious about LoA, I remember this belief. Have I made any sense?
Yes, you made lots of sense. I don't know how it all works, and what we choose and how informed those choices are... but I do know there is a lot I don't and can't understand in this life, and that I trust the Universe knows what it's doing.
mama_b's Avatar mama_b 01:04 AM 12-07-2006
I'm pretty sure I'm miscarrying. How am I supposed to stay positive about this? Sure, I can tell myself that the baby is fine, but I just keep bleeding. :
Ambrose's Avatar Ambrose 01:32 AM 12-07-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_b View Post
I'm pretty sure I'm miscarrying. How am I supposed to stay positive about this? Sure, I can tell myself that the baby is fine, but I just keep bleeding. :
I know, I have a hard time thinking and finding something positive about my son dying (as well as the 2 miscarriages I've had in the past) But I look back and think that my children only needed a short time with me. They taught me something. Las' death was the most blatantly obvious of things I learned in regards to my life, but my miscarriages taught me something too. A way to think more positive could be that your child only needed to be here while you learned something. Or experienced something. I'm not really sure if I'm explaining right and I hope someone may understand and expand or give you a different insight.
mama_b's Avatar mama_b 01:37 AM 12-07-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose View Post
I know, I have a hard time thinking and finding something positive about my son dying (as well as the 2 miscarriages I've had in the past) But I look back and think that my children only needed a short time with me. They taught me something. Las' death was the most blatantly obvious of things I learned in regards to my life, but my miscarriages taught me something too. A way to think more positive could be that your child only needed to be here while you learned something. Or experienced something. I'm not really sure if I'm explaining right and I hope someone may understand and expand or give you a different insight.
No, I understand what you're saying and I agree with you. I just really want to keep this baby, YK? I'm sorry about your son.
PrairieBohemian's Avatar PrairieBohemian 02:05 AM 12-07-2006
Quote:
Hang in there, mama_b! Bleeding does NOT always mean miscarriage. My close friend was sure she lost her baby because she bled heavily and bright red blood but her daughter was born healthy in October!
MsChatsAlot's Avatar MsChatsAlot 11:34 AM 12-07-2006
Quote:
If it's happening, it's happening. You are not the only spirit involved here and if the other spirit has chosen to leave, there is nothing you can do about it. Everyone has free will, so we can't impose our will onto theirs.

If it happens, you then have the choice to attract more love and light into your life to help you cope with your loss. You can attract great gifts and learnings from the experience that can help you and others later throughout your life.

We truly seem to learn and grow more for experiences that challenge us more so than when life is just moving along easily. The state of our world right now indicates that there are going to be things that will happen that will present challenges to us. We can either rise to the occasion or stay stuck in misery and grief. It is a choice.

If it is happening, attract the love and support and encouragement you need to get through it, to grieve your loss. Ask for the universe to provide everything you need to help you and your family heal as that will be what you need the most. Ask that you will see in time the gifts that this experience brings to you.

Accept what you cannot change and manifest what you can.

Hugs, love and support coming your way.
PrairieBohemian's Avatar PrairieBohemian 01:07 PM 12-07-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
If it's happening, it's happening. You are not the only spirit involved here and if the other spirit has chosen to leave, there is nothing you can do about it. Everyone has free will, so we can't impose our will onto theirs.
Actually, I don't think the spirit is going anywhere--maybe the body the spirit was going to use is for any number of reasons--but not the spirit.

There is a shake-the-Earth book out there called Spirit Babies by Walter Makichen. He in a intuitive/psychic that specializes in communicating with the spirits of babies hovering around us waiting for incarnation. The book made so much sense to me as I DEFINITELY felt ds2's spirit long before his conception (he even told me his name!). Makichen addresses miscarriage, abortion, and adoption as well as as regular pregnancy. I have never miscarried but know if I had, I would want to read his book.

(I just wrote a big long message but want to stop here. I'm the type of person that fills that 'I don't know what to say' void with WAY too many words.)

Hang in there, mama_b!
Momtwice's Avatar Momtwice 01:11 PM 12-07-2006
for mama b
Kundalini-Mama's Avatar Kundalini-Mama 02:38 PM 12-07-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
for mama b
From me too
MyLittleWonders's Avatar MyLittleWonders 02:40 PM 12-07-2006
I thought I'd post Scott Noelle's email for today:

THE DAILY GROOVE ~ by Scott Noelle
www.enjoyparenting.com/dailygroove
:: The Creative Pleasure Principle (Part 1) ::
Imagine you're in a choir, singing a difficult piece, and it's not coming together. But you persist, and eventually the ensemble achieves perfect harmony, emanating a sound that gives you chills from head to toe!
That's a dramatic example of *creative pleasure*:
the feeling of coming into alignment with your heart's desire.
Creative pleasure is a universal principle. It's related to the Law of Attraction, by which similar thoughts and experiences are drawn to each other.
As thought and desire come into alignment, pleasure is felt and creation unfolds.
You could say that atoms and molecules "experience pleasure" when they come together to create higher orders of complexity and intelligence. Thus, the Creative Pleasure Principle informs all of nature, from the smallest flea, to the tallest tree, to the human parent and child.
Today, notice that you feel better when your thoughts are aligned with your desires -- when you *believe* you can have what you want.
http://dailygroove.net/pleasure-principle-1
Feel free to forward this entire message to your friends!

MyLittleWonders's Avatar MyLittleWonders 02:40 PM 12-07-2006
And 's mama b.
KoalaMama's Avatar KoalaMama 03:43 PM 12-07-2006
More s for mama_b.

Quote:
There is a shake-the-Earth book out there called Spirit Babies by Walter Makichen. He in a intuitive/psychic that specializes in communicating with the spirits of babies hovering around us waiting for incarnation. The book made so much sense to me as I DEFINITELY felt ds2's spirit long before his conception (he even told me his name!). Makichen addresses miscarriage, abortion, and adoption as well as as regular pregnancy. I have never miscarried but know if I had, I would want to read his book.
I have not read this book, but this idea definitely jives with my beliefs. I miscarried before my daughter was conceived, and I've always believed that first miscarriage was her spirit as well.
charmarty's Avatar charmarty 03:48 PM 12-07-2006
Love to you mama_b
charmarty's Avatar charmarty 03:52 PM 12-07-2006
children ARE living the secret as we speak, BUT it is up to us wether they keep living this way becasue as they grow, h=they can grow further away from Spirit and from the life and knowledge they have now. We, as their parents need to also make sure live my example and discuss things like this all the time like we discuss the needs for brushing our teeth so they grow with this knowledge close to their hearts and therfore keep it close to their heart.

It is the greatest gift we can help our children keep.

One of the things i do with my children ( they are 6 ) is when they see or talk about somehting they want we suggest they put it on thier 'wishing list' or they may even choose to wish for it right then and there so htey have this little thing thye say and it goes like this... I wish, I wish for that 'toy horse' one for me, and one for my sister, thank you, good bye! and then they blow the words out into the Universe like you would blow kisses.

Let me tell you it WORKS!! My kids have manifested so many things!

They know it works so they keep doing it.

We do something like this for illness as well... and much positive thinking for challenges they have, for eg,, zipping up the zipper . my one dd was having troubles and was getting frusterated. I suggested she take a second, Breath for a few exchanges, and then IMAGINE ( and this is KEY) that she is zipping up that zipper feeling happy and proud of herself.

and then poof, she does it!

there are many ways to foster this in our children and the ways are as different as each child is. Just keep the intention that this si what you wish to acclomplish and you will be guided to do so.
darwinphish's Avatar darwinphish 04:25 PM 12-07-2006
mama_b please let us know how you're doing when you can!

I won't try and offer any explanation, I have none. But I just wanted to give you s and tell you I've been thinking about you since reading your post.
goodcents's Avatar goodcents 04:47 PM 12-07-2006
Secret success story du jour?

I manifested a tourist visa for my father-in-law after his unsuccessful attempts for more than a year and half. Yup. He got one this morning and it was just as easy as pie after I wrote a very-serious-letter-to-the-consul-general-all-the-while-picturing-my-father-in-law-with-a-visa-in-his-hands.

This is MAJOR news in our house! I am like

: : : : :
mama_b's Avatar mama_b 05:26 PM 12-07-2006
Thank you so much everyone. I'm definitely miscarrying, but I'm okay. I went to work this morning and actually am having a pretty good day considering the circumstances. There are a lot of things and people in my life to be thankful for and I'm really focusing on that right now. I'm so glad I watched the Secret before this happened. It definitely came at just the right time for me.
goodcents's Avatar goodcents 05:27 PM 12-07-2006
mama_b
KateSt.'s Avatar KateSt. 06:24 PM 12-07-2006
mamab-- Hugs to you. I can empathize with you, as I had 2 miscarriages before birthing my son. I agree with a pp who said the spirit of this baby will come back to you. I KNOW my son was the same soul with me all 3 pregnancies. And though the second miscarriage totally devestated me and shook my beliefs to the core, out of it came my greatest gifts and a lot of strength. I felt my baby around me a lot even after he left my body.

My miscarriages were a crash-course in spirituality and I am so glad (in hindsight) that I had these experiences as they've made me into the person I am today. I know it's difficult to feel that way in the midst of it. But know that your baby will still be communicating with you after he/she leaves your body -- you will know when it happens-- and that he/she will come back to you when the time is better for all involved.

My son came exactly when he should have and turned out to be a good-luck charm. I hope this gives you hope. Thinking of you and sending you love...
Tracy's Avatar Tracy 08:32 PM 12-07-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
More s for mama_b.

I have not read this book, but this idea definitely jives with my beliefs. I miscarried before my daughter was conceived, and I've always believed that first miscarriage was her spirit as well.
This was true for me. I had 2 miscarriages before DS was born...and I'm confident it was him testing the waters..... matches his personality very much.. and it was a test of me too!
Tracy's Avatar Tracy 08:32 PM 12-07-2006
meant to say,

Hugs, MamaB.
Tracy's Avatar Tracy 08:33 PM 12-07-2006
Congrats, Good Cents.

No surprise to me that it finally went through now!
fullofgrace's Avatar fullofgrace 08:34 PM 12-07-2006
Much love and light to you mama_b.
MsChatsAlot's Avatar MsChatsAlot 10:22 PM 12-07-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by animus_silvae View Post
Actually, I don't think the spirit is going anywhere--maybe the body the spirit was going to use is for any number of reasons--but not the spirit.
That's actually what I meant. The spirit is leaving that body. I realize I maybe wasn't clear, so thanks for pointing that out.
MsChatsAlot's Avatar MsChatsAlot 10:25 PM 12-07-2006
Hugs to you mama_b.
I too have had a miscarriage and know that it happened the exact way things needed to happen. (Not at first, but as time went on, I could see that).
Another really great book is "Soul Trek". It helped me a lot deal with mine.
boysrus's Avatar boysrus 11:05 PM 12-07-2006
"Money comes easily and from multiple sources."

This is one I have been working on.
We got a $38 sheck from Qwest (opening the mailbox-easy!)
We also had a printer that had bitten it. it is the one that prints in color, so to do my Xmas gifts, I was going to have to send out for printing, which would have been money. DH called on the pronter today (after it has been sitting, undealt with for months) I fiugred it would be a thing thaat needed to be sent out and returned, and it would be after Xmas. Nope! The tech is coming tomorrow with our brand new printer!
seeking sisters's Avatar seeking sisters 03:18 AM 12-08-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by boysrus View Post
"Money comes easily and from multiple sources."

This is one I have been working on.
We got a $38 sheck from Qwest (opening the mailbox-easy!)
We also had a printer that had bitten it. it is the one that prints in color, so to do my Xmas gifts, I was going to have to send out for printing, which would have been money. DH called on the pronter today (after it has been sitting, undealt with for months) I fiugred it would be a thing thaat needed to be sent out and returned, and it would be after Xmas. Nope! The tech is coming tomorrow with our brand new printer!
Awesome! It is good to see you here boysrus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmarty View Post
children ARE living the secret as we speak, BUT it is up to us wether they keep living this way becasue as they grow, h=they can grow further away from Spirit and from the life and knowledge they have now. We, as their parents need to also make sure live my example and discuss things like this all the time like we discuss the needs for brushing our teeth so they grow with this knowledge close to their hearts and therfore keep it close to their heart.

It is the greatest gift we can help our children keep.

One of the things i do with my children ( they are 6 ) is when they see or talk about somehting they want we suggest they put it on thier 'wishing list' or they may even choose to wish for it right then and there so htey have this little thing thye say and it goes like this... I wish, I wish for that 'toy horse' one for me, and one for my sister, thank you, good bye! and then they blow the words out into the Universe like you would blow kisses.

Let me tell you it WORKS!! My kids have manifested so many things!

They know it works so they keep doing it.

We do something like this for illness as well... and much positive thinking for challenges they have, for eg,, zipping up the zipper . my one dd was having troubles and was getting frusterated. I suggested she take a second, Breath for a few exchanges, and then IMAGINE ( and this is KEY) that she is zipping up that zipper feeling happy and proud of herself.

and then poof, she does it!

there are many ways to foster this in our children and the ways are as different as each child is. Just keep the intention that this si what you wish to acclomplish and you will be guided to do so.
Since watching the Secret such light has come into our lives.

We have definitely been working on how we talk to ds. I really like the IMAGINE suggestion when a task is frustrating. We've really only focused on the language and the feeling, but imagining and visualizing come so easily to children, I can't wait to integrate it.

DS actually calls me on my language now. Example: We were getting ready to go to a friends. I was talking about how we need to share and blah, blah, blah. But then my focus changed and I said, "You need to use a kind voice, don't yell and shout when you get upset like you did last time..." DS (age 4) interrupted me and said, "Mama, you're putting out those negative thoughts to the universe!" Oops, He was right. I just ended the talk with, "Okay let's just say, 'Lets have fun and be friendly!' " He smiled and said, "Of course."
Tracy's Avatar Tracy 03:47 PM 12-08-2006
OFF TOPIC...

BUT STILL IMPORTANT (IMO).

FOR THOSE WHO CARE I HAVE OFFERED UP ASTROLOGY CHARTS FOR THE MOTHERS IN NEED RAFFLE... 2 DOLLAR DONATION WILL GET YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE CHARTS FOR YOUR WHOLE FAMILY.

GO HERE FOR MORE INFO..

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=567731

THANKS

TRACY
First ... 17  25  26  27 28  29  37  77  ... Last

Up