The Secret---- anyone seen it? - Page 29 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#841 of 2914 Old 12-10-2006, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
anyone else got a gift card lying around they can send vergeonica.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#842 of 2914 Old 12-10-2006, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
We have no giftcards, but we do have a gas card that I could send your way. Not that you should buy your children gas, but if it will help, I'll send it out to you.

My other question is if there are still free downloads available? I lent out my copy but am in desperate need to watch it again--it helps me so much.

Thanks
#843 of 2914 Old 12-10-2006, 04:41 PM

I agree with Tracy. I've found that sometimes the things we've created in the past need to come forward and move through in order to let the new things we are creating come in. My friend set out the intention at the beginning of the year to be happy. She went through some job changes, the end of her marriage, etc. but she had to in order to arrive at the place she is now...which is happiness.

And, in the secret, they talk about there is no time frame. Somethings might manifest immediately and some may take a bit of time. They also said that sometimes, it's right below the surface and we give up on it...therefore pushing it away again.

Prosperity and abundance are available to you. Even if it takes a little more time than you'd like it to....it really is on its way.
#844 of 2914 Old 12-10-2006, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyveronica View Post

But today. Today sucks. We are broke. Never this bad before. Our credit card is maxed, we have $0 in our checking account. Phone bill is overdue and we owe the babysitter (so I can't call her for the morning which means I'll be laaaaate to class. again.)
I sent around 12 boxes to FIN-- around $150 in shipping (some went to BC) and now there isn't a penny for a tree or gifts for my girls. crap. I told myself I wouldn't cry about this...

I'm going to watch the movie again when my little one goes for a nap-- but holy moly, mamas. I don't have a lot of faith in it right now and i could really, really use some encouragment
Money comes easily and from multiple sources. I see for you bills being paid, and I see a beautiful family gathering around a xmas tree sharing wonderful, heartfelt gifts.

I have made things when we were broke. One year, I painted frozen juice cans and empty toilet paper tubes, added googly eyes and yarm for hair, and they were awesome puppets. Check out the $0 holiday challenge in Frugality. I think this is the third year it was revived, and it is bursting with ideas.
#845 of 2914 Old 12-10-2006, 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=MsChatsAlot;6728905]

And, in the secret, they talk about there is no time frame. Somethings might manifest immediately and some may take a bit of time. They also said that sometimes, it's right below the surface and we give up on it...therefore pushing it away again. [QUOTE]

This is something I am always mindful of! It is really hard to stay focused sometimes, isn't it? Or is that just me?
#846 of 2914 Old 12-10-2006, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kundalini-Mama View Post
We have no giftcards, but we do have a gas card that I could send your way. Not that you should buy your children gas, but if it will help, I'll send it out to you.

My other question is if there are still free downloads available? I lent out my copy but am in desperate need to watch it again--it helps me so much.

Thanks
pm me & I'll let ya borrow mine. (I'm really into focusing on Excuse Me right now.)
#847 of 2914 Old 12-10-2006, 07:17 PM

Thanks!! But no need, I just finished watching it : And I feel fantastic now and at peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
pm me & I'll let ya borrow mine. (I'm really into focusing on Excuse Me right now.)
#848 of 2914 Old 12-10-2006, 08:47 PM

I just watched it for the first time (thanks Tracy!) The whole time I was thinking about my DP of the last 3 years who suffers from terrible untreated depression, and is trapped in such negative thinking. He recently said he couldn't do this anymore (be a boyfriend) and I hadn't heard from him in 2 weeks. I had intermitent thoughts of hating him, and sadness and resignation, but also some glimmer of hope that if I can learn to love myself, I will be able to let someone love me.

I had to go out and run errands, and in the past I was afraid that I would run into him somewhere, but I just sent love out into the universe, and thought good thoughts about him and imagined me happy and him at peace.

When I got home, he had called left me a messsage. He said he was wanting to let me know he was ok, but he was far away. Then his voice cracked and he started to cry as he said he is going to get some help, and he'll call me when he gets home on Wednesday.

Now, I'm worried because I don't know where he is, (although he may have gone to see his daugther), and he never leaves town, especially not to go somwhere days away. But, he has never before said to me that he is going to get help, nor has he cried to me like that, even in a message.

He still might not love me, but I love him, and I sent him an email to say so, even if he's not home yet to get it.

So, maybe it's the Secret or maybe it's not, but it's definately different.
#849 of 2914 Old 12-10-2006, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
You can just out it somewhere YOU will see it every day. I did mine on my computer and it's my background. Some people put them in their closets - a closet they used daily.
That's a great idea! I'm in the middle of a move, so I don't really have anywhere to hang a board or anything- plus, my computer background is the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing I see at night.

Thanks for suggesting this!

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#850 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 12:05 AM

I'm not finished reading all the way through the thread, but I thought I'd share how I found this thread. I did a search yesterday (two days after watching The Secret for the first time) for "hyperhidrosis", a condition I have. There weren't many results, so I did a search for "excessive sweating" (which is what hyperhidrosis is). One of the very first results was this thread, which, as far as I can tell, doesn't contain either of those words anywhere.

I was playing around with The Secret today, and as I was driving and came up to a light, I would tell myself, "I'm going to get through this light because it's going to be green". Usually, every one of the thirteen or so lights is red, and today, I only got one red, and for that one, I forgot to tell myself that it would be green.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#851 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kundalini-Mama View Post
Thanks!! But no need, I just finished watching it : And I feel fantastic now and at peace.
#852 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 12:22 PM

Can anyone help?

I've searched and tried looking but maybe I'm just missing it (I hope I am!)

I'm trying to find out if The Secret has been translated into any other languages. I want to get one for a friend whose English is pretty good, but her native language is Slovak. She can also speak Czech, and German (better than English.)
#853 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 12:44 PM

I found this thread yesterday searching for holiday spirit. We are in such a lousy place right now, surrounded by negative people and people who love confrontation.
We have a home we love, our children are healthy, a large family that will be getting together for the holidays.

Please help me make the Secret work for me. As I type this a bill collector is calling on the answering machine. I dont even answer the phone these days, and we cant call out because thats turned off.
#854 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 12:49 PM

I love the line in The Secret that says something like....what's happening in your life today is only a manifestation of thoughts from that past. You can change what is happening today just by changing your thoughts TODAY!
#855 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mamadege5

have you been to this link?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Awv5voHtPMI

we are discussing on the other thread --the 30 day challenge thread..that sometimes when you first start working The Secret it brings out everything that is negative... not unlike homeopathy.... have you been over on that thread yet?

#856 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Mamadege5
we are discussing on the other thread --the 30 day challenge thread..that sometimes when you first start working The Secret it brings out everything that is negative... not unlike homeopathy.... have you been over on that thread yet?
I definitely feel like that right now- I'm just trying to stay positive, redirecting my thoughts...

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#857 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 04:55 PM

Does anyone else here have seasonal depression? I'm just starting to get it this year, I have it every year, but it's so bad this year for some reason. I went from feeling so positive and uplifting to just crying, or wanting to cry, all the time. I have no energy, no motivation, the house is falling apart, I've dropped out of my courses (with 2 weeks left in the semester, wft???) because I let myself fall so far behind that there is no way I am catching up, I'm just gloomy and sad, my DH is so supportive and trying to cheer me up and I alternate between wishing I had married an old crush of mine to loving my DH so much and thinking of how sad I would be if he died. I'm irrational right now. And I'm trying so hard to think positively but all I feel is sadness and doom. Every year I say "I'm not gonna get depressed this winter" and this year I thought I had a better chance of beating this but it's worse than ever.
#858 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 05:20 PM

I just listened to Esther Hicks today on hayhouseradio.com
and it was PHENOMENAL!!! It will be re-broadcast later today and it really helped me have a greater understanding of the law of attraction and how easily we can throw ourselves off track.
#859 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 05:28 PM

I am going through this right now too...it's a tough one. I force myself to smile a lot, I force myself to think of positive things. Make a list of all the good things in your life, of all the things you want in life, and say it all out loud every chance you get, I'm serious! Do it now. Do it often. It feels a little better. It feels weird at first, but it helps a lot. Cry if you need to. Get it out, it feels better. Hug your hubby and kid/s a lot, as often as you can, so what if they think you are crazy. LOL watch the secret again, every day if you need too...and make sure you get lots of water, and try to get enough sleep. That makes a big difference!
I know how hard it is!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#860 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananas View Post
I definitely feel like that right now- I'm just trying to stay positive, redirecting my thoughts...
I'm about 26 hours into thought re-directon (had a bit of a crisis moment yesterday) and things are feeling better because I am thinking better

I watched the Bob Proctor YouTube 9 minutes and then about 30 mins more of the film last night. It works...
#861 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 06:23 PM

Marie ~ My emotions seem to be affected by the day-to-day weather more than seasonal. It seems like as long as the sun is out, I feel good...but when we have 2 or more dark/cloudy/cold days in a row...I really feel myself slide into a very negative place. I also really struggle with housework and not letting clutter take over.

Things that help me...music, warm baths, lots of lights, candles, holiday lights, warm tea, and journaling about my feelings.

Also...I make a list of the things that are irritating me the most (is this from The Secret...or maybe Wayne Dyer??)...then turn it around.

I'm so tired of tripping over the toys in the living room. --> Wouldn't it be nice if the living room was neat and comfortable.

I pick one small place in the house and clean it...with as much love and positive energy as I can muster. Then I let that beautiful space spill out into the rest of the house.

Sometimes I just clean off our kitchen table and put a beautiful seasonal display on it.

Try to pick something small that you can see the difference in just a short time (I like 20-30 min cleaning blocks).

Are you doing the 30-day challenge??? It's SO amazing. Truly life-changing.
#862 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 06:45 PM

S.A.D. mamas, Have you considered a tanning salon? I spend 7 mins a week during rainy days in a tanning booth (wearing sunscreen on most of my body! ) and it makes ALL the difference. Your skin is your body's largest organ and for some of us, it needs the sun to send us the endorphins we need to function!

It's not cheap, but if you just do a few mins a week (that's all I need) it's not that bad.

I find after tanning my whole being seems to 'glow' and it's soooo easy to feel those positive vibrations!
#863 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 07:19 PM

can someone point me to the 30 day challenge?
#864 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysrus View Post
can someone point me to the 30 day challenge?

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=571072

#865 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPJJJ View Post
Every year I say "I'm not gonna get depressed this winter" and this year I thought I had a better chance of beating this but it's worse than ever.
When you tell yourself, "I'm not going to be depressed", you're still thinking of being depressed, which means that it's likely that you're going to get depressed. Try changing your wording- "I am happy and I'm going to continue to be happy". Even if it's a lie, just keep saying it and it will become a truth.

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#866 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 08:07 PM

Please if you are depressed, consider a news fast. Helps me so much. So many people that I admire recommend avoiding the news, including the creator of the Secret Rhonda Byrne, Dr. Christiane Northrop, Dr. Andrew Weil etc.

As James Ray says in the Secret, "maybe you have to be informed but you don't have to be inundated."

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#867 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananas View Post
When you tell yourself, "I'm not going to be depressed", you're still thinking of being depressed, which means that it's likely that you're going to get depressed. Try changing your wording- "I am happy and I'm going to continue to be happy". Even if it's a lie, just keep saying it and it will become a truth.

Like anything... I would take Winter one day at a time. Start each day with a willingness for anything to happen...and see what you can do, my guess is that you will have some downer days but I think you will also attract some rather good fun and even joyful days......

hold on to good images...see if that helps.

#868 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 09:37 PM

grab some extra Vit D as well...

You CAN change your frame of mind.
#869 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 09:50 PM

I agree about not watching or reading the news. I get so depressed when I do. I now never watch or read news. If there is something important my DH keeps me updated as he is addicted to CNN online.

I also try to wear bright colors and stay away from black, brown, grey, and such when I'm feeling down. Oh, and I do my hair. If my hair looks nice I feel better.

I received the Secret in the mail today! I'm going to watch it for the first time tonight.
#870 of 2914 Old 12-11-2006, 10:08 PM

a kind mama sent me an online copy.

i recently separated because of my husband's infidelity. this was so perfect to watch right now. the normal fears that you have about being broke, alone, etc. have reared their head. it is really helping me examine those thoughts and how i can turn them around.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page