:

Jen, mom of  two amazing girls, b. 2/16/06  and 1/29/10 hbac.gif

#62 of 2914 Old 07-20-2006, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy
charmedbeing, do you have the cd's from the Hicks from a lecture in Boston? My friend said she got that one and thought it was outstanding. I want to order them but when I went to the abraham website I saw that they are on a lecture right now and they haven't emailed me back yet.
No, sorry. I don't own any but I've listened to a bunch of tapes (through someone at my church) and all of them are outstanding! If I remember correctly you can sign up to receive 1 tape/cd a month. Kind-of-like a book of the month club.

It's wonderful stuff!
#63 of 2914 Old 07-21-2006, 07:24 PM

I'm cross posting this in the Treasure Map thread too. (You'll see why.)

I watched it. Loved it. Ordered the DVD.

But here's the news I couldn't wait to share, since the Treasure Map was brought up.

There was a thread on the Secret Forums regarding the history of the Secret, and some books that talk about and/or are similiar to the same idea of the Secret. One of the books (also shown for a brief moment in the film) is "The Secret of the Ages" by Robert Collier.

I went to Amazon and used their "search inside" feature and happened to get a random page (p.33) and almost fell off my chair at what I read!

Here's the 2 lines specifically:

Quote:
If it is something you want, VISUALIZE it first in your mind's eye...
and then

Quote:
It helps if you make a "Treasure Map" of the thing you want.

And then it basically talks about cutting pictures out of objects of things you desire (or most nearly like the things you desire), pasting them on paper and writing affirmations all around them.

Holy cow! It's all connected! Ain't it cool?! :

Loon

Loon , dh , dd , and twins ds1 dd2 **Thoughts become things. - Mike Dooley**
#64 of 2914 Old 07-21-2006, 09:42 PM

I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around a couple of things. One of these are the ideas around money & abundance. For example, I want an Audi TT convertible. I can visualize this, but right now I *can't* afford a $40K car. So sure I could have it now, if I gave up everything else, like eating. I feel like it's being honest to say I can't afford that, yet the secret is saying don't say that.

Do you know what I'm talking about. Sorry if I'm totally not making sense, but hopefully someone can help me out or give me some better perspective on this.
#65 of 2914 Old 07-21-2006, 10:09 PM

and Mary I still have your dvd : . It's been so crazy with school, but if you need it back I can get it back to you or leave it with Elizabeth when you do your farm box.
#66 of 2914 Old 07-21-2006, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu's mama
I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around a couple of things. One of these are the ideas around money & abundance. For example, I want an Audi TT convertible. I can visualize this, but right now I *can't* afford a $40K car. So sure I could have it now, if I gave up everything else, like eating. I feel like it's being honest to say I can't afford that, yet the secret is saying don't say that.

Do you know what I'm talking about. Sorry if I'm totally not making sense, but hopefully someone can help me out or give me some better perspective on this.

bu's mama....imo it is not about going out tomorrow and getting the AudiTT and living broke. It is about telling the universe, I'm ready for my AudiTT and attracting it... and then see what the universe does to help you get it.

start with the desire and deserve. The universe will provide.

also PM me when you get a chance and maybe we can figure out an affirmation to replace, "I can't afford"....

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#67 of 2914 Old 07-22-2006, 01:05 AM

Could anyone tell me how long The Secret is? I've been waiting for a good time when my 2yo isn't around to watch it....and it's still early enough that I don't have to be in bed either. It hasn't happened yet. : It's not that I don't want my 2yo to see it.....it's just that *I* won't get to really watch it if he's in the same room.

If I knew how big of a window I needed to allow for, I just might get to see it sooner.

Shannon & Paul...married since 2000. Parents to Alexander Paul Martin - 30 October, 2003 Grace Elizabeth Maile - 12 June, 2009
#68 of 2914 Old 07-22-2006, 03:27 AM

89 minutes. and totally worth it.
You can pause the online movie - I used that a lot when I watched it on the computer.
#69 of 2914 Old 07-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Banned

I got my hard copy today!! It only took about a week all the way to Germany! Post was only like $7.10 so I'm looking at a major bargain. I think DH is finally going to watch it with me. He's a tuff bird sometimes.

A few updates from me - It seems like a million years since I've been back on line. I'm the fast lane with this stuff though, I'm quite thankful.

As for personal transformations and the Secret - I keep trying to picture myself thin and it just seemed quite, well, way out there, even for me and if you know me, I can get WAAAAY out there. I was hung up on what they said in the Secret about picturing it all in the now. Well, to loose weight, there is obviously a process. I believe it can be a very quick process but still a process. So I'm affirming myself loosing weight and the daily process of it it with the goal in mind. It is so much easier and I feel like a great weight is lifted. I'm not following a diet or anthing like that, I'm using affirmations and releasing and following my intuition but living in the moment of the process. As far a material wealth is concerned I think that still needs to be left open because there are an infinite number of channels from which to receive an infinite amount of abundance from the source of an infinite amount of abundance.

Now, what are positive affirmations to stay cool and keep bugs away from me? I'm getting chewed up by a mosquito as we speak and got stung by a bee yesterday right in the throat while we were out walking. Luckily I'm not allergic.
#70 of 2914 Old 07-22-2006, 07:07 PM

We watched it last night, it was GREAT! We realized we had been doing alot of that stuff already, we have been able to overcome odds (teen mom, husband grew up in boys home) and be successful people. I know if my midwifery career, I do lots of visualization and dreaming about what I want and after patiently waiting all these years for the right time, my dreams are coming true.

It also made alot of bible verses make more sense to me. And why some people seem to be stuck, they are so stuck on the negatives, the "anti" or whatever.

We will definitely order the DVD and have my teenager watch it. And we might order some of the speakers stuff. My husband has already seen 2 of the speakers at conferences and has some of their tapes and likes them. I love Wayne Dyer and listen to his show on hayhouseradio.com every week.
#71 of 2914 Old 07-23-2006, 04:20 PM
Banned

I got something! Really small but funny none the less. It was so hot and humid here yesterday. We took the dog to the park to go swimming and decided to stop at a different grocery store on the way home for ice cream for dinner. (yes, dinner, it was that hot) Well, last week or so, all I really wanted out of anything was a snickers ice cream bar. I wasn't even thinking about it, though they probably didn't make them here. They had them!

Let's see what I can attract next....
#72 of 2914 Old 07-23-2006, 09:21 PM

i just stumbled upon The Secret serendipitously (or not ). i can't wait to see it, i will have to do it when the kids are sleeping.

however, since it has come up in this thread, i wanted to address the whole "something big is gonna happen" thing. i do feel this as well, and have for quite sometime. but my thoughts on it are that i can only do so much prepwork, who knows if i will be able to have my supply of canned goods with me--maybe i'll have to leave my home??? i'm not sure how much preparation of a physical nature (other than learning how to garden and practical skills like that) will help. anyway, i like how Quentin Crisp (who lived in London during the blitz) prepared for WWII: he stocked up on cosmetics and bought 5lbs of henna to dye his hair
#73 of 2914 Old 07-24-2006, 12:16 PM

We watched the film "The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill" last night. Dh and I looked at each other and were thinking the same thing---he definitely knew "The Secret." It's amazing. If you've not seen this film--do!

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#74 of 2914 Old 07-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Banned

On my list are a jeep wranger, a lot of money and to move back to America and be able to sell our stuff here in one swoop with someone taking over our apartment so we don't ahve to worry about selling off all the stuff we just bought. So, today my son received a birthday present. In it was a check for me and DH for 100 bucks and my son received a book "Sheep in a Jeep." Then, I checked my email and someone responded to my ad for our apartment. They aren't the one's we are looking for but things are moving!

I learned so much more after watching the movie a second time. It's emotion, you gotta feel it. I spent the whole day picturing myself the way I want to be and experiencing the feeling. What struck me is the happiness. It's our happiness that draws what we want. So much has to do with emotion. I realize that especailly with eating. If you are eating something you don't love what are you eating? Guilt? Hatred? I'm so excited!!!

I'm totally wondering about 2008 too. DH watched a special on global warming and now he is gung-ho on being self sufficient and pro-renewable energy.
#75 of 2914 Old 07-25-2006, 01:20 PM

What's "the wild parrots of telegraph hill"? Can you get it at local movie store?

Anyone ever see/listen to any of the teachers on the movie? I was looking at some of the stuff for sale, my husband has seen 2 of them and liked it, but it was more geared to the business/selling industry. And since the stuff is expensive, I don't want to waste money, kwim?

Anyone on the secrets forums? I've been checking that out as well. All very interesting stuff! I want to learn more, especially how to apply to my daily life with kids, behaviors, my patience, that kind of stuff. I mean money would be nice and all, but it's the little daily battles with temper tantrums, moodiness, and stuff that gets to me (and you should see how the kids behave )
#76 of 2914 Old 07-25-2006, 02:12 PM

Okay....I watched it the other night. Wow.

As I'm watching it, I'm thinking.... "This stuff is easy....it's been out there for ages! I can totally do this". Ummm....yeah. I watched it right before going to bed and I tried all day yesterday to put the lessons in place. Man, it's hard to get started!! I had SO many blocks and my mind kept sabotaging my efforts.
When I was done watching it, I kept the purchase screen open before closing down my computer......so I could still get the $5 discount if I decided to buy it later. I decided after a day of trying on my own that I really needed to own the DVD so I could watch it again and REALLY get the message. Plus, I want to show it to some other people.

I was thinking this morning that it's like what I've been reading in the latest Eckhart Tolle book (can't remember the title) about getting rid of Ego. Your Ego doesn't WANT to go anywhere....the old tapes are easy and cozy and you're going to put an initial fight and block any effort to tear down the walls and make some real change.
It feels very similar to me right now in the early, learning stages. The old tapes ("I can't do this" "Nobody likes me" "This isn't going to work") just kick right in when the LEAST resistance picks up or immediate results aren't there.

I really feel like I need to watch this again so I can get the tools ingrained to overcome those old, tired tapes and get the Universe working for me.

I have another question - how do you deal with uncooperative partners? My DH is a great guy....but tends to be a Negative Ned. I can see this stuff working wonders in his life (another reason I bought the DVD), but he's definitely resistant. When I told him what I'd be watching, he rolled his eyes and chuckled...if that tells you anything.
Is there a way to overcome the yang to my yin on this? Does it matter? Should I just be concerned with my own stuff?

And to the OP....thanks. :

Shannon & Paul...married since 2000. Parents to Alexander Paul Martin - 30 October, 2003 Grace Elizabeth Maile - 12 June, 2009
#77 of 2914 Old 07-25-2006, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Is there anyone here who has a copy of The Secret DVD that would be willing to loan it to Cajunmomma?

I currently have 2 copies out in the universe and my friends are so slow in returning... plus there is already a line out the door among my friends....Or I would totally put Cajunmomma in the roster.

Is there one of you who could share it?

PM me or Cajunmomma.

thanks

#78 of 2914 Old 07-25-2006, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlo
Okay....I watched it the other night. Wow.

As I'm watching it, I'm thinking.... "This stuff is easy....it's been out there for ages! I can totally do this". Ummm....yeah. I watched it right before going to bed and I tried all day yesterday to put the lessons in place. Man, it's hard to get started!! I had SO many blocks and my mind kept sabotaging my efforts.
When I was done watching it, I kept the purchase screen open before closing down my computer......so I could still get the $5 discount if I decided to buy it later. I decided after a day of trying on my own that I really needed to own the DVD so I could watch it again and REALLY get the message. Plus, I want to show it to some other people.

I was thinking this morning that it's like what I've been reading in the latest Eckhart Tolle book (can't remember the title) about getting rid of Ego. Your Ego doesn't WANT to go anywhere....the old tapes are easy and cozy and you're going to put an initial fight and block any effort to tear down the walls and make some real change.
It feels very similar to me right now in the early, learning stages. The old tapes ("I can't do this" "Nobody likes me" "This isn't going to work") just kick right in when the LEAST resistance picks up or immediate results aren't there.

I really feel like I need to watch this again so I can get the tools ingrained to overcome those old, tired tapes and get the Universe working for me.

I have another question - how do you deal with uncooperative partners? My DH is a great guy....but tends to be a Negative Ned. I can see this stuff working wonders in his life (another reason I bought the DVD), but he's definitely resistant. When I told him what I'd be watching, he rolled his eyes and chuckled...if that tells you anything.
Is there a way to overcome the yang to my yin on this? Does it matter? Should I just be concerned with my own stuff?

And to the OP....thanks. :
The Ekhart Toll book is the power of now.

Dh sounds the same as yours. But, he watched it the other night and really liked it.

Louise Hay says when you do this kind of work you can really only work on yourself. You want to help everyone but that just get's in the way of you helping you. I'm sure he'll come around. It's an engaging movie so if it's in the dvd player and you are watching it there is a good chance he'll see some of it.

I had a totally up day yesterday and today is just hot and ik. I feel like I'm processing a lot. I mean, I'm looking for personal changes right now so that has got to take time but I think just realizing it is EASY and it's all based on what makes you happy and filled with joy makes all the difference. To be filled with light you need to get rid of the darkness somehow. I keep thinking it will just disappear but I guess sometimes it is a physical process.
#79 of 2914 Old 07-25-2006, 06:05 PM

Thanks! I figured I'd only be able to work on myself....but it's hard sometimes to escape the doom & gloom of DH's mood sometimes. You know...."Life sucks and then you die" kind-of attitude.

The Eckhart Tolle book I have was published after The Power of Now....I wish I could remember the title. I know this because it states at the top of the book "The author of the bestseller "The Power of Now".....
It's really great, btw.....

#80 of 2914 Old 07-25-2006, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Thanks! I figured I'd only be able to work on myself....but it's hard sometimes to escape the doom & gloom of DH's mood sometimes. You know...."Life sucks and then you die" kind-of attitude.

The Eckhart Tolle book I have was published after The Power of Now....I wish I could remember the title. I know this because it states at the top of the book "The author of the bestseller "The Power of Now".....
is it A new earth : awakening to your life's purpose? I got htis out of the library but haven't had a chance to read it yet.
#81 of 2914 Old 07-26-2006, 03:57 AM

That's it, Gwen!! Thanks.....

What's really interesting is that I'm reading a lot of similarities in this book and The Secret.

#82 of 2914 Old 07-26-2006, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Girlo,
Just stay focused and maybe watch the movie again around DH...see if he gets pulled in... I put it on and dh at first made some wiseass cracks while at the computer ...but then after about 10 minutes he left the computer and came and watched it with me.

you'd be surprised what can happen....

also, remember the scene in the movie where the wife and the husband were fighting then she changed the energy and when he came home in a bad mood...she was out? it is like she just seemed to avoid the bad stuff that ticked her off.....

#83 of 2914 Old 07-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Banned

Tracy,

You're cracking me up with your husband that sounds like *mine*.

He thinks I'm a bit woo-woo and would react the same.

I'm still toying with the idea of buying the DVD.
#84 of 2914 Old 07-26-2006, 12:41 PM

oh you guys....i'm going crazy cuz i haven't seen the movie yet!! i guess i know the time will be perfect when i do!!!(i just love hearing you talk about it!!)

chicken3.gifbelly.gifwow...i'm gonna have another one!!!
#85 of 2914 Old 07-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Banned

I was just watching the extra's on the DVD and they had one talking about people who knew the secret in 1929 were still prosperous even when the market crashed. We are so right on sharing this with everyone!

FYI, you can close the page. I waited a few weeks before I bought the dvd. The discount comes of automatically when you order.
#86 of 2914 Old 07-26-2006, 10:58 PM

I'm so excited! I finally got to order the DVD.

Warning to anyone else who wants to buy it -- don't enter a PO Box as your shipping address! That is why it wouldn't take my order before. (Although it should have SAID that, instead of just saying it couldn't accept my order. I thought for some reason the credit card was not accepted.) I decided to try again and this time switched to a friend's street address and it went right through.

I am very excited about watching the DVD and putting it into practice. We definitely have some things I need to work on right now (selling our house, completing the building of our new house -- both are stumbling right now!).
#87 of 2914 Old 07-26-2006, 11:20 PM

I watched it the other night and I just wanted to say thank you. It really works.I was able to achieve some fun things with this. My problem is it seems to take so much energy for me. I must be having troubles just going with it. I am going to watch it again tonight. Yesterday I did great.Today I do not have the energy to visualize anything. Anyone else have this problem?
#88 of 2914 Old 07-27-2006, 09:03 AM

So recently I've been putting out to the universe for a job. One that I could do from home and would pay well. Hasn't come yet, but when I signed onto mothering today there was a job offering. I am not qualified for this particular job, but it shows that the universe heard me and my job is right around the corner. I think I just need to refine my request a little bit.

On another note. A hornet flew into the house the other day. It was just hanging around the door, but it wouldn't fly out. So I said to myself, "Ask and it is given." I looked at the hornet and said leave... and it did. It just flew right out. It was so cool.
#89 of 2914 Old 07-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by missi66
I watched it the other night and I just wanted to say thank you. It really works.I was able to achieve some fun things with this. My problem is it seems to take so much energy for me. I must be having troubles just going with it. I am going to watch it again tonight. Yesterday I did great.Today I do not have the energy to visualize anything. Anyone else have this problem?
I've had the same issue. I think it's probably part of the 30 day process they talk about. It takes a little time get it settled in your mind what you want and as you use all the positive energy you expell the negative. I think it's literally done through our bodies so we feel it. Hang in there though!! It means it's working. Just remember, it's easy!!!!

I think it does help to watch over and over. Dh was going to go to bed early last night but I put it in while he was playing video games on the computer and he stayed up for an extra hour. They talk about how we change our ubconscious - last night I was watching in and it was like my energy completely connected with the evergy coming out of the video. It was like we were one. There is definitely something there.
#90 of 2914 Old 07-27-2006, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzuranotte
So recently I've been putting out to the universe for a job. One that I could do from home and would pay well.
Have you considered bookkeeping?

That is what I do. I work part time, mostly from home & it can pay very well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page