The Secret---- anyone seen it? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-31-2006, 02:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Um, I looked it up on Amazon and it's only like $8 there? I want to assume it's not the same you all are discussing, but it's available as apackage deal with 'what the bleep do we know' so maybe it is? Why so cheap? The pictur elooks the same as the link inthis thread so I just don't know if I should go ahead?

ETA- should I get htem both? The other one costs about twice as much, is it worth it? I'm a wildly curious skeptic I don't know if I want to spend that much but if both are very good and having them will help me get the point I'll probably do it. I'dlove to know why it's so cheap though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2006, 02:56 AM

yeah - that is the exact same movie on amazon! can't wait till it comes to canada!!

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

Old 07-31-2006, 03:00 AM

Bonus I didn't want to shell out $30 but $8 is fine. My luck it'll just be the trailor or something lame like that

Think I should get both? I can get The Secret *and* What The Bleep Do We Know for less than just the secret costs at the official site...
Old 07-31-2006, 04:00 AM

Bought it. Won't be here for about a month though.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:07 AM

Sarah, you might be surprised. It might come much sooner than you think

I keep having these amazing things happen around me. Has anyone else noticed *stuff* more?

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

Old 07-31-2006, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
hmmm I went to Amazon..and I am not so certain that is the same one. I know the art work looks the same but the release date is not the same. And there is a description of a movie with Kirk Douglas?

it seems confused... it might be the same but I'm not sure. I kind of feel like someone put up the wrong photo..... hmmm?

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 07-31-2006, 12:14 PM

I've ordered The Secret and now just need to wait for it to get here.

DH and I watched What the Bleep Do We Know last night (got it from Netflix) and then we ended up talking and talking about the ideas expressed in it for over an hour, which had us staying up last night until after midnight! It was awesome. One thing we noticed in the credits is that the blonde haired woman's credit included 'channeled by ___'. Did anyone else notice that? Was she indicating that she was speaking as one of her past lives, or from someone else's energy/essence?

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

Old 07-31-2006, 12:32 PM

Well I orderedit so we'll see what happens. When I put hte order in it said hte movie usually ships in 3-5 weeks. I have no idea if it's the right movie, but it was being put together with what the bleep do we know....anyway it was cheap so if it's not the right thing I can return it or sell it and buy the secret from the other site
Old 07-31-2006, 01:22 PM

I just watched it at the site in the OP and ordered it there. It's so NICE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia
Sarah, you might be surprised. It might come much sooner than you think
LOL!

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
Old 07-31-2006, 04:44 PM

yeah now i'm not sure it's the same movie either. i heard though that there are 2 different versions of the secret. the first one with esther hicks and then after the movie she changed her mind and asked to be taken OUT of the movie because the felt the message was not close enough to her own beliefs. something like that anyway.

curious to see if it is or isn't the same movie. seems weird that they would get the wrong picture.

Old 07-31-2006, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

hmm... the movie I got in the beginning of May has Esther Hicks.

has anyone gotten a later one without her?

Old 07-31-2006, 05:37 PM

I got mine in July and it has Esther Hicks in it.
I ordered from the Secret website because I wasn't sure the Amazon one was the same one. I'll be really curious to see if it is.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:48 PM

I just got mine on Saturday and Esther Hicks is still on it. We were told it would take a few weeks but it took only 6 days! We watched it again and took notes. I might look into some of the teachers stuff, but most of it is so expensive.

One thing about some of the teachers websites/material is their emphasis on being wealthy. That's not my first priority or what my husband and I are trying to attract necessarily. Yes, money is nice, but I want alot more than that. I want other things like health, good births, peaceful home, etc. Some of the teachers don't seem to focus on that stuff, just work or money related stuff.

I would also like more practical advice on how to live the Secret on a daily basis. Like with 5 kids. And them arguing. And having a whiney baby, sick 4 year old, mouthy 16 year old, and messy house. You get the idea. That would help me alot more!
Old 07-31-2006, 05:51 PM

we got ours in july and has esther in it. esther, from my web searching, does seem a bit more spiritually-based than the quantam physics "law of attraction"---now i'm curious as to how the esther-less movie runs...she had a fairly sizable chunk of screen time in the one we own.

i'm so lost on quantum physics; it's embarrassing. it actually hurts my brain to read it :

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

Old 07-31-2006, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia
i'm so lost on quantum physics; it's embarrassing. it actually hurts my brain to read it :
are you kidding: , restaurant menus hurt my brain these days! I hope my mommy ibrain mproves when ds starts kindergarden.

Old 07-31-2006, 06:36 PM

I am reading the first Esther Hicks book and it is really what I was looking for. It doesn't focus on money.It really helps explain the right way to think about things.How to really recieve the abundance that the universe is trying to give. It was something I had been struggling with.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:02 PM

Ok, so the movie hasn't been shipped to me yet(the site says it takes a few weeks) but I got htis book called 'excuse me your life is waiting' by Lyn Grabhorn. Basically talking about how the way we feel about things is how we attract things to us, positive or negative, feeling good to bring good things to us, etc...she calls it the law of attraction. Is this basically hte same concept? Because it does fit perfectly with th eway I think of the world and the way energy works and stuff. I haven't read the hwole book yet, but I'm curious if we're talking about this sort of thing or if hte movie is something completely different than the impression I'm getting.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:07 PM

Law of Attraction, baby

Old 07-31-2006, 09:34 PM

i believe lynn grabhorn got her information from abraham who is channeled by ester hicks. but still, i also enjoyed that book

Old 07-31-2006, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

All my friends who read Excuse Me Your Life is calling and have seen The Secret say it is similiar in message.

Old 08-01-2006, 12:40 AM

This book is mostly just putting into focus what I already believed, or knew intuitively. She describes some excercises to help get into that feel good kinda place, which is good for me. *Knowing* it's true hasn't helped much as far as actually *doing* it.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

I PM'd The Secret and asked them what is the deal with Esther Hicks that I heard she asked to be edited out....

They PM'd me back and said:

Quote:
She did ask to be removed, but she is still in the copies we have

So, those who are currently signed up to get the movie will have Esther.

I enjoyed her input fwiw.

Old 08-01-2006, 01:57 AM

Does anyone have a copy of the DVD I could borrow? I really want to get DH to watch it but I figure he'd be immediately against it if I paid $30.

PM me if there's any way I can borrow a copy!

Subscribing... :
Old 08-01-2006, 02:24 AM

I really need to order the dvd. I keep wanting to watch The Secret again and again.

I did check out the Abraham-Hicks website and have to admit that it freaked me out a little bit. I'm not sure what to think of some of what they said on their site. I'm still looking around tho.

banana.gif

Old 08-01-2006, 03:14 AM

Anyone have the link to buy the DVD?

I cant' get the online thing to work and just want to get a DVD.

Any clues for me?

Thanks!

(Also PS on the various atrological warnings. if you make it through until 2014 in a positive mind state, there will be an incredible positive light on the other side. A hundred years of healing... things wil lbe looking up in a wonderful way... mantras and all that stuff are good things to integrate right now - do you guys know the sky mantra?)
Old 08-01-2006, 03:14 AM

Any clues for me?

Thanks!

(Also PS on the various atrological warnings. if you make it through until 2014 in a positive mind state, there will be an incredible positive light on the other side. A hundred years of healing... things wil lbe looking up in a wonderful way... mantras and all that stuff are good things to integrate right now - do you guys know the sky mantra?)
Old 08-01-2006, 08:25 AM

I saw it yesterday and I realize why we haven't moved even though we've been looking at houses a long time. I simply don't believe I deserve a house that meets my needs. So I need to work on that. Now I feel like I have an awesome tool to help me change my attitude. And I got an awesome parking space yesterday.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
Old 08-01-2006, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernestholmes
Would you please post these happy thoughts on the spin off thread? I think they would benefit a lot of people!
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=490943

Old 08-01-2006, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernestholmes

Any clues for me?
Did you create an account and log in? What part didn't work?

Old 08-01-2006, 03:17 PM

I've read through this thread and the treasure map thread (which I am apparently to late for this year) and I want to watch the movie. Unfortunetly we are not financially in a posistion right now where I can.

:

User Tag List